Calling on the Sony Boys, Decide, Which is better?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

Which is better?
God of War 42 64.62%
Ghost of Tsushima 23 35.38%
Voters: 65.   (BX member poll)

1 month ago '16        #1
2054 page views
107 comments

Quinn 
Props total: 17393 17 K  Slaps total: 3153 3 K
Calling on the Sony Boys, Decide, Which is better?

VS

how we got here(not that yall care)

i started playing GoW via Psnow, and i found some glaring issues, most of which i could ignore since it was just related to playing via PSnow. my main issue with it, was the game itself feels like a chore to play, the story is great for the hour i could stomach playing it, but it kinda felt like i was playing in quiicksand.

i asked around and someone suggested just playing it natively on PC, which i refused to do since i wasnt gonna pay for a game that i already felt like wasnt worth the time. since the story is good, i could just watch it on youtube to see how it plays out. i personally think GoW 2018 wouldve been a better TV or movie series(yes i know its in the works).

i redboxxed it and confirmed what i already knew, the game just felt slow. of course there was a massive increase in QoL since im playing on my PC vs the ps3 or ps4 version of GoW, but the true problem faced didnt go away.

moving on to GoT

im currently playing it on PSNow, and this sh*t is fun and the story seems cool so far. after roughly the same hour of playing im far more interested in continuing to play. of course an hour doesn't dictate the entirety of the game, but so far this is a step in the right direction, and at the very least shows it isn't a PSnow problem.

as im sure you prolly skipped all that image

which do you think is better of the 2?
not what you think others think, from you personal experience of either one or both.
+5   

best
worst
107 comments

1 month ago '16        #2
postemupndunkit 
Props total: 84446 84 K  Slaps total: 10059 10 K
GOT might be the most overrated game in quite some time. I don't think people know how to praise something without comparison. It's a dope game , it's just not on an all time level.

GOW>>>>>>

1 month ago '05        #3
GodzMustBeCrazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 9570 9 K  Slaps total: 2218 2 K
GoT is amazing, but GOW is still the winner...

I can't wait to see what they do with GoT2
+4   

1 month ago '10        #4
lboog1423  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 45608 45 K  Slaps total: 3462 3 K
GOT is good, however I actually put it down to finish GOW

GOW>>>>> not really close
+4   

1 month ago '16        #5
Novii  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 18741 18 K  Slaps total: 3217 3 K
 Quinn said

VS

how we got here(not that yall care)

i started playing GoW via Psnow, and i found some glaring issues, most of which i could ignore since it was just related to playing via PSnow. my main issue with it, was the game itself feels like a chore to play, the story is great for the hour i could stomach playing it, but it kinda felt like i was playing in quiicksand.

i asked around and someone suggested just playing it natively on PC, which i refused to do since i wasnt gonna pay for a game that i already felt like wasnt worth the time. since the story is good, i could just watch it on youtube to see how it plays out. i personally think GoW 2018 wouldve been a better TV or movie series(yes i know its in the works).

i redboxxed it and confirmed what i already knew, the game just felt slow. of course there was a massive increase in QoL since im playing on my PC vs the ps3 or ps4 version of GoW, but the true problem faced didnt go away.

moving on to GoT

im currently playing it on PSNow, and this sh*t is fun and the story seems cool so far. after roughly the same hour of playing im far more interested in continuing to play. of course an hour doesn't dictate the entirety of the game, but so far this is a step in the right direction, and at the very least shows it isn't a PSnow problem.

as im sure you prolly skipped all that

which do you think is better of the 2?
not what you think others think, from you personal experience of either one or both.
Fixed.

We of the PlayStation Nation Delegation are currently not accepting questions and comparisons at this time.
+13   

1 month ago '06        #6
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 116642 116 K  Slaps total: 24844 24 K
GoW is better overall in my opinion. But you can't go wrong with either. They're both phenomenal games that deserved GOTY consideration and serve as a highlight of how good Sony has got at developing their exclusives.

GoT obviously performs better since it's newer and currently has a directors cut with performance boosts but 60 fps vs 30 fps and 4k vs 1440/1080 doesn't really matter when you're comparing the overall experience that the game itself provides and when those experiences are much different.

If you're talking two racers, sure, performance will probably have a lot more of an impact.

But here, when it comes to single player story driven games? Nah. Holding on to performance as some sort of difference maker is just lazy comparisons.

GoW just has a more compelling story, and it's scope is perfect for what it aimed to accomplish in my opinion.

GoT is probably the best open-world climber out of all of them out there, but I find GoW's characters, combat, world, and story all more interesting and fun overall.

GoT is a great game but I do agree with @ to the extent that I think it does get overrated by some people.

I think the fact that we have this oversaturation of open-world climbers may play a part in that.
+4   

1 month ago '16        #7
Quinn  OP
 postemupndunkit said
GOT might be the most overrated game in quite some time. I don't think people know how to praise something without comparison. It's a dope game , it's just not on an all time level.

GOW>>>>>>
my intent to compare the 2, wasnt the reason i decided to play.

my reason for comparison was the realization that one felt like a chore, and the other doesnt give me that feeling, im asking in general which do you find better, to see if anyone else came to the conclusion i did for thier own reason.

if GoT is overrated then maybe i need to play longer than an hour and see why you say that.

1 month ago '16        #8
Quinn  OP
 Novii said
Fixed.

We of the PlayStation Nation Delegation are currently not accepting questions and comparisons at this time.
you just afraid to say which is better
+1   

1 month ago '06        #9
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 116642 116 K  Slaps total: 24844 24 K
The passive aggression in the OP just screams "Karen" by the way lol

Man was already offended before he even made the thread
+8   

1 month ago '16        #10
Quinn  OP
Poll added

1 month ago '12        #11
Faythung  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 29519 29 K  Slaps total: 2621 2 K
As someone who's played both but beaten neither, and even as a not huge fan of GoW I'm giving it to GoW for sure.

My complaint about GoW is the combat feels underwhelming, for many hours from the start of the game at least.

GoT is a beautifully realised world both graphically and aesthetically but it suffers from the Ubisoft school of open world design. Go here, do x, icon cleared off map? Great, go and do it again somewhere else.

Even with that it's okay to explore simply because of how great it looks, if they made the open world exciting to explore and not cookie cutter then it'd be an easy 9/10 game at least.
+3   

1 month ago '17        #12
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 106472 106 K  Slaps total: 40488 40 K
Kick rocks n*gga.

They finally made these games available for yall broke a*ses and now it's "damn yall wasn't lying about these sh*ts being good"

IF YOU DONT PLAY VIDEO GAMES DONT TALK ABOUT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+5   

1 month ago '05        #13
P-Hill 
Props total: 37255 37 K  Slaps total: 2387 2 K
 Faythung said
As someone who's played both but beaten neither, and even as a not huge fan of GoW I'm giving it to GoW for sure.

My complaint about GoW is the combat feels underwhelming, for many hours from the start of the game at least.

GoT is a beautifully realised world both graphically and aesthetically but it suffers from the Ubisoft school of open world design. Go here, do x, icon cleared off map? Great, go and do it again somewhere else.

Even with that it's okay to explore simply because of how great it looks, if they made the open world exciting to explore and not cookie cutter then it'd be an easy 9/10 game at least.
Bolded is what made it a chore - cool chore but a chore nonetheless. I'm fu*king THANKFUL the PS5 hard drive made the fast traveling instant in GoT

God of War >>>>
+2   

1 month ago '05        #14
 P-Hill said
Bolded is what made it a chore - cool chore but a chore nonetheless. I'm fu*king THANKFUL the PS5 hard drive made the fast traveling instant in GoT

God of War >>>>
The fast travel on the PS4 Pro was still amazingly fast for last gen.
+1   

1 month ago '05        #15
 SPdaGOAT said
Kick rocks n*gga.

They finally made these games available for yall broke a*ses and now it's "damn yall wasn't lying about these sh*ts being good"

IF YOU DONT PLAY VIDEO GAMES DONT TALK ABOUT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know what... I just realized what is happening here lmao... And then the Returnal thread yesterday lmao
+3   

1 month ago '07        #16
Itzike 
Props total: 3873 3 K  Slaps total: 301 301
GoW but by the thinnest Margin.

Last edited by Itzike; 06-29-2022 at 11:10 AM..

1 month ago '17        #17
Lazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 41037 41 K  Slaps total: 5559 5 K
Both are trash from a design standpoint

1 month ago '21        #18
Waddup Doe 
Props total: 2734 2 K  Slaps total: 425 425
Both good games. But I actually thought this wasn't the best GOW. I give the slight edge to GoT here.

Now if you were comparing any other Gow they would win instantly (well not ascension). I was underwhelmed by this GoW story. Can't wait for part two.

Tl;DR I vote GoT

1 month ago '16        #19
Quinn  OP
 Faythung said

is said the combat was kinda meh in discord and they was giving me heat for that, claimed it was cuz i only played for an 1hr and didnt get the cool sh*t.

good to know i wasnt the only one that felt that way.

i didnt get far enough into GoT to see that downside, maybe ill get to another hour in and have the same realization.

+1   

1 month ago '22        #20
God Bless 
Props total: 3697 3 K  Slaps total: 3362 3 K
+2   

1 month ago '16        #21
Quinn  OP
 P-Hill said

God of War >>>>
damn do you fast travel that often?

1 month ago '16        #22
Quinn  OP
 Lazy said
Both are trash from a design standpoint
really what makes you say that?

1 month ago '22        #23
God Bless 
Props total: 3697 3 K  Slaps total: 3362 3 K
These n*ggas act like they just got outta prison with these questions, which technically they have if they’ve only been Xbox gamers for their lives

Just now playing god of war in 2022

+3   

1 month ago '17        #24
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 106472 106 K  Slaps total: 40488 40 K
 GodzMustBeCrazy said
You know what... I just realized what is happening here lmao... And then the Returnal thread yesterday lmao
Lmfao aye remember how the launch of this service was supposed to expose the “Ponies”

These n*ggas be sh*t eating for years just to get engagement from strangers on the internet. This section is a metaverse insane asylum

1 month ago '16        #25
Quinn  OP
 Waddup Doe said
Both good games. But I actually thought this wasn't the best GOW. I give the slight edge to GoT here.

Now if you were comparing any other Gow they would win instantly (well not ascension). I was underwhelmed by this GoW story. Can't wait for part two.

Tl;DR I vote GoT
i think at this current point ill skip ragnorok, since right now its not for me, but ill watch a story recap to keep up with it.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+38online now  59
IM SORRY JUWANNA MAN IS HOW OLD?!? Miguel Nunez Reveals His Age: I Am 63ԅ..
87 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+72online now  38
LeEmotional
46 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+21online now  36
Video inside Aug 12 - Jenna Bush in hot water after being touchy with guest