Does Drake really just rap about the same thing on every song?

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
57 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
64 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
49 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-26-2010, 02:52 PM         #1
8610 pageviews
68 comments

Beaker 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Does Drake really just rap about the same thing on every song?

No hate, but it seems like every single song on Thank Me Later is exactly the same. Parts of a Drake verse:

1. I always wanted to make it, the haters never thought I would; I proved them wrong. Now I'm stunting.
2. Now that I'm rich and famous, I'm enjoying life, but I'm also afraid that I'm letting the success get to me; I want to act good, but sometimes I can't help but act a fool.
3. Even though I'm rich, that doesn't mean everything's ok, because my parents divorced when I was a little kid

Rinse and repeat. Those the three things, in some form or another, are the basics of just about every Drake verse -- throw in some random "punchlines" and that's about it.

Everyone always says Drake is a "breath of fresh air," but his s**t is way more repetitive, and way less versatile, than most rappers. I don't get it? image

68 comments for "Does Drake really just rap about the same thing on every song?"

06-26-2010, 02:59 PM         #2
Beaker  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 francnad4 said:
Drake just raps about his life...what else can he rap about? He could rap about k!lling people or selling drugs but i don't think anyone would buy into it...
every rapper "just raps about his life"

but most rappers find a way to be more versatile and creative than Aubrey

every single Drake verse is basically interchangable
 7 years ago '04        #3
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,644 | Props total: 2650 2650
When you're a high class jew growing up in a Canadian suburb, you have little depth.

As f**ked as it sounds, it's gonna take either 40 or his mom's passing for him to step his game up.
 7 years ago '05        #4
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
drakes either rapping about how everyone was against him..(please)

or some b**ch
 06-26-2010, 03:02 PM         #5
Brand0n031  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
maybe he should be like wiz and rap about getting high on every track. then BX would love him.
 7 years ago '05        #6
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,500 | Props total: 378 378
 Brand0n031 said:
maybe he should be like wiz and rap about getting high on every track. then BX would love him.
His mom and the jewish community wont allow it.
 06-26-2010, 03:03 PM         #7
Beaker  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
50 Cent, for example, is way more versatile than Drake -- 50 has party songs, ignorant street songs, "creative" street songs, disses, songs for the b**ches, etc.

But everyone dismisses him these days as a one-dimensional gangsta rapper

but I just listened to TML again, and Drake is perhaps the most one-dimensional rapper I've heard in a long time
 06-26-2010, 03:04 PM         #8
Beaker  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Brand0n031 said:
No, Wiz is garbage too.

I love how if you dislike someone on BX, some stupid f**k always comes along and a.ssumes you like a different garbage rapper instead
 06-26-2010, 03:06 PM         #9
Brand0n031  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Beaker said:
50 Cent, for example, is way more versatile than Drake -- 50 has party songs, ignorant street songs, "creative" street songs, disses, songs for the b**ches, etc.

But everyone dismisses him these days as a one-dimensional gangsta rapper

but I just listened to TML again, and Drake is perhaps the most one-dimensional rapper I've heard in a long time
And when he became versatile with those type of songs is when his downfall begun.
 06-26-2010, 03:10 PM         #10
Brand0n031  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 francnad4 said:
The majority of rappers rap about the same thing. But i actually think Drake does alot...he can go from rapping like on "Ransom" with Lil Wayne, to rapping about him not visiting his grandmother and leaving his father broke, to writing songs for Alicia Keys was it? To making songs for females, then songs about females that we can relate to, singing full songs and doing it well etc..i think Drake does alot more than most of the rappers you seem to think arn't one-dimensional...
 7 years ago '10        #11
Curb 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,474 | Props total: 80 80
Bria's Interlude is Drake's best song.
 7 years ago '05        #12
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,500 | Props total: 378 378
 francnad4 said:
The majority of rappers rap about the same thing. But i actually think Drake does alot...he can go from rapping like on "Ransom" with Lil Wayne, to rapping about him not visiting his grandmother and leaving his father broke, to writing songs for Alicia Keys was it? To making songs for females, then songs about females that we can relate to, singing full songs and doing it well etc..i think Drake does alot more than most of the rappers you seem to think arn't one-dimensional...
pretty much all can see him do.
 06-26-2010, 03:18 PM         #13
Beaker  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so far, though, none of the Drake supporters can refute what I said in my original post: those three things are basically the only content in 99% of Aubrey's verses
 7 years ago '08        #14
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
I agree, he talks about the same shyt. But as ignorant as it sounds, I dont expect much content from him because he's a child actor from Canada. What else can he talk about? Blight of the black man? He's half Jew. Crack, guns, and mayham? He's from Canada. But one thing that disappoints me is that lately he's been making too many chick songs and not as much unis3x music like he had on So Far Gone. I aint heard TML let, but hopefully its not 15 female tracks like "Find Your Love".
 06-26-2010, 03:33 PM         #15
ATF Fresh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If you're a guy that deals with women a lot, Drake's music would be the s**t to you...

I guess most of y'all just..... don't deal with women
 7 years ago '04        #16
LovinPavan 
space
space
$5,632 | Props total: 1132 1132
lol, it's true. he's young and his life is pretty one-dimensional, so we can give him a pass.
 06-26-2010, 03:36 PM         #17
Beaker  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ATF Fresh said:
If you're a guy that deals with women a lot, Drake's music would be the s**t to you...

I guess most of y'all just..... don't deal with women
I'm not a simp, so I guess I don't relate to Drake's women songs

I guess you must be
 7 years ago '04        #18
Ea$e 
space
space
$6,409 | Props total: 424 424
It's true, Drake does rap about pretty much the exact same s**t throughout the course of the album......kinda like Em raps about being better than everyone and finally being off of drugs excessively on Recovery.

Recovery is a much better album, but let's not point throw Drake in a concentration camp just yet...
 7 years ago '10        #19
aka ReeSe 6 heat pts
space
space
$18,697 | Props total: 3744 3744
 Brand0n031 said:
They don't love Wiz like that. You're better off using Jay-Z or Eminem as an example. Those are two people bx love.
Posted via Mobile Device
 7 years ago '10        #20
Seymore Cake 19 heat pts19
space
space
$22,954 | Props total: 8861 8861
Doesn't every rapper rap about the same thing with a few songs made for b**ches

Isn't it better he rap about what he knows rather than being like majority of rappers who claim to be thugs and drug dealers

A person who's real >>>>> than a fraud
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc