Nov 1 - Frank Lucas Lied To Hollywood?! American Gangster an inaccurate Fairy Tale?!

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
62 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
72 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #1
11549 pageviews
25 comments

Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,349 | Props total: 8451 8451
Nov 1 - Frank Lucas Lied To Hollywood?! American Gangster an inaccurate Fairy Tale?!

According to a credible source, Frank Lucas, the Harlem Heroin kingpin portrayed by Denzel Washington in the upcoming movie, American Gangster, is liar. The source? Mayme Johnson the widow of the infamous Harlem gangster Elsworth “Bumpy” Johnson and the man whom Lucas says was his mentor and who taught him everything he knows. The 93 year old woman has become enraged over what she deems graphic inaccuracies about her husband and Lucas’ relationship.

“Frank wasn’t nothing but a flunky, and one that Bumpy never did really trust. Bumpy would let Frank drive him around, but you’d better believe that he was never in any important meetings or anything. Bumpy figured Frank as a liar, and he would say you can trust a thief quicker than a liar, because a thief steals because he needs money, while a liar lies for the hell of it.”

Johnson is particularly upset about Lucas’ claim that Bumpy died in his arms. Lucas, she says, was nowhere around the night that Bumpy died from a heart attack while dining at the famous Wells Restaurant on Seventh Avenue in Harlem. She says Lucas probably thought he could get away with the lie because he figured everyone who was around Bumpy at the time is now dead.

“Junie Byrd’s gone, Nat Pettigrew’s gone, Sonny Chance is gone, and Finley Hoskin’s gone. Frank would never have said any garbage like that if one of them were alive because he’d know they’d come after him…I bet he thought I was gone, too, but I’m not. I’m 93, and I don’t have Alzheimer’s or dementia, and I’m not senile. Frank Lucas is a damn liar and I want the world to know it.”

Johnson feels that Lucas was able to fool Hollywood and says if he lied about his relationship with Bumpy there’s no telling what else he may have lied about in the movie. And to address these and other inaccuracies about her late husband who was immortalized in the 1997 Movie Hoodlum, she is writing a book entitled Harlem Godfather: The Rap on my Husband, Ellsworth “Bumpy” Johnson.

Damn and we thought it was the guys like Frank Lucas, Bumpy and Nicky Barnes that was gangsta with it. It goes to show that only a gangsta chick can hold down a true gangsta dude. Wow…gotta love it.

Source:
[pic - click to view]

http://highbridnation.com .. te-fairy-tale/

25 comments for "Nov 1 - Frank Lucas Lied To Hollywood?! American Gangster an inaccurate Fairy Tale?!"

11-01-2007, 11:34 PM         #2
ReGiMe MeNaCe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they were all snitches, rich porter was more g then all of them, and he was a kid
 10 years ago '04        #3
pabloesco44 
space
space
$302 | Props total: 4 4
who really gives a fu*k American Gangster is a movie it is loosely based on actual events it is entertainment Mayme.
 10 years ago '07        #4
infamxus 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,391 | Props total: 3 3
haha damn
 10 years ago '06        #5
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,045 | Props total: 18807 18807
I don't know bout what she has to say, but anything's possible in the game I sappose.....In the end I guess it doesen't matter how he got on, just that he did end up getting on and runnin sh*t for a time....., I mean I don't respect him either way cause he tortured innocent people and snitched on his friends, so he was already kind ofa sh*tbag in my eyes to begin with, so this new information isn't that damaging to me.....I mean how can you p!ss on p!ss and say it's dirtier yahmean?
 10 years ago '04        #6
Rich21 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,071 | Props total: 26 26
it's "loosely based" on Lucas, that means its not all truth, why the fu*k is she complaining..i mean i see why but its not like there promoting it as the 10000000000% truth about Frank Lucas' life..then i'd see the bi*ching..
 10 years ago '07        #7
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,054 | Props total: 30352 30352
Here's what I know about men, we lie. Especially to women... especially if we doin' foul and illegal sh*t.

So, maybe he lied to Hollywood... or maybe this chick doesn't know her husbands business dealings as well as she thinks.

If I was a mobster... well, first of all i wouldn't be on boxden... but anyway, I would tell no bi*ch anything about my business. I would even downplay every relationship. If Frankie was my right hand man... I would tell my bi*ch he was some dude that picked up my dry cleaning and washed my car.
 11-02-2007, 12:15 AM         #8
GotBooted 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What if the second p!ss had aids in it? Would it be worse then?
 10 years ago '05        #9
pookybear11 
space
space
space
$1,079 | Props total: 0 0
this is just good publicity for her book thats all. Its her word vs. his and both will profit from it.
 10 years ago '06        #10
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
It was a good movie, therefore, I don't give two sh*ts what some old lady has to say about it.
 10 years ago '07        #11
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,405 | Props total: 2525 2525
 GotBooted said:
What if the second p!ss had aids in it? Would it be worse then?
Only if you pissed in eye socket with it... so they'd die real slow-like
 11-02-2007, 12:56 AM         #12
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
She's a joke.
 10 years ago '04        #13
Hyper_Intel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,938 | Props total: 89 89
I don't care about any of them hood figures. They all k!lling they people with drugs and crime. Get a real job.
 10 years ago '04        #14
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
so???might be true but...so what???

u think there was a bi*ch name rose & a guy name jack on the titanic & he drew a picture of her nekkid??
 10 years ago '05        #15
kapiku21 22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,699 | Props total: 77 77
i stopped caring after i read she had a book coming out.... people always like to talk sh*t....i mean she aint got no one to back her story up either...so its her word against a movie...........aint nobody gonna listen to her cuz she was neva around in no meetings either
 10 years ago '06        #16
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,468 | Props total: 14735 14735
her husband was a drug kingpin yet the only thing she has a problem with is that she claims Frank Luchas lied about how close he was to Bumpy. man, she got her morals set dont she.
 10 years ago '06        #17
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
lmao @ n*ggas hatin and they like 80+ years old.
 10 years ago '04        #18
Javon23 265 heat pts265 OP
space
space
$46,349 | Props total: 8451 8451
Apparently the upcoming film "American Gangster," based on the life of former drug kingpin Frank 'Superfly' Lucas, (first photo) will not stay true to form and document his long term affair with Billie Mays (stepdaughter of Willie Mays). This is a serious omission because back in the 70's, Billie Mays was the most sought after Black woman in this country among rich Black men, kingpins and athletes (Walt "Clyde" Frazier). Lucas always bragged about being a good lover and he always had a crowd of good looking women around him. He considered Billie Mays is greatest conquest. When Frank went to jail, Billie stayed faithful to him but it drove her mother crazy. She hated Frank because she thought he was a born liar and a drug dealer.

According to authorities, "Lucas was a loud, flamboyant style of a gangster who wanted to show he deserved the moniker of Super Fly." "Frank did not have the slickness of a Nicky Barnes. He was a country boy-a big loudmouth but he did have charisma."

As "Superfly," Lucas looked and acted the part. He wore custom-made suits, sable coats and plenty of bling and he drove a fleet of luxury wheels-Rolls Royces, Mercedes Benz's and Corvettes."

Authorities claim, Superfly was most likely illiterate. An informant stated Lucas couldn't count. "If he had twenty pounds of $100 bills, he would just know from experience that he had a million dollars."

At the mere mention of rival Nicky Barnes' name, Lucas explodes. He says, "Nicky was a fifty-kilo, dope-sniffing junkie." He did not handle the three-thousand kilo loads we were moving." Lucas' dislike of Barnes was so intense, he once put out a contract on him.

This ruthless gangster would do anything to protect his empire. This included eliminating blood relatives. Lucas gave his brother Shorty an a.ssignment, he messed up. Lucas was about to put a contract out on Shorty but he had another brother who got k!lled. Lucas didn't want his mother to grieve over losing two sons in a short period of time, so the contract was cancelled.

Source: "Gangsters Of Harlem," by Ron Chepesiuk

Last edited by Javon23; 11-02-2007 at 01:46 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #19
VickVega 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,739 | Props total: 114 114
The whole fu*kin movie is inaccurate. All you muthafu*kas would lie if they were making a movie about your a.ss. I liked it but c'mon now.
 11-02-2007, 02:19 AM         #20
skittlez86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i feel like she's the old school supahead or some sh*t, hahaha
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
36 comments
1 day ago