Nov 1 - Hurricane Chris Disappoints, Kanye Drops Out, Soulja Boy Still Cranking Dat

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
151 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '07        #61
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,097 | Props total: 30468 30468
 hustleman28 said:
Come on now people honestly...Did we really think Hurrican Chris was gone do big numbers? No...not really. Only reason he's gettin bread is cuz of them damn "ay bay bay" ringtones. Which is why his label prolly even signed him. Just like most of these nursery rhyme, commercial rappers are even getting deals these days. The money they make off ringtones can sometimes outweigh the revenue from album sales depending on how good the single is and how sh*tty the album is.

Last I heard... Record companies were in a legal battle to get more money (if any at all) from ringtones.

Ringtones are new basically... so, there was no concrete legislation on how those revenues are to be split. So, i don't think labels really benefit from ringtone sales (not directly anyway).

Last edited by stogz; 11-02-2007 at 07:46 PM..
 11-02-2007, 08:20 PM         #62
SKINNI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Profits From Ringtones Should Go To The Owner Of The Music. If The Label Has The Rights Then They Should Already Have A Deal In Place With The Artist. On Another Note Soulja Boy Made Himself Look Bad In That Youtube Vid. Nothin Wrong With The 300 (hell I Own A Magnum) But That Really Wasnt Anything To Be Going On About
 10 years ago '05        #63
raymondfrdrck 
space
space
$267 | Props total: 6 6
little brother is the best rappers out right now no questions i m buying the album and down loading American Gangster
yall n*ggas dont know good music LB should ve sold more than Chris and Soulja Boi
 10 years ago '05        #64
Hyphy707 
space
space
$1,622 | Props total: 1 1
if soulja boy sold 234k, than that mean that there's 234k people who shouldn't be walking this earth right now. They're probably lil kids, that's where the music industry has gone, can't sell to intellectuals, sell to a 2 year old. Hip Hop 2007<<<<Hip Hop Ever
 10 years ago '04        #65
Supa K 
space
space
space
$142 | Props total: 0 0
Little Brother's album was one of the most complete since Ear Drum this year (and Graduation)

when will Little Brother get the recognition they deserve...
 10 years ago '04        #66
jmood88 
space
space
$828 | Props total: 0 0
 Hyphy707 said:
if soulja boy sold 234k, than that mean that there's 234k people who shouldn't be walking this earth right now. They're probably lil kids, that's where the music industry has gone, can't sell to intellectuals, sell to a 2 year old. Hip Hop 2007<<<<Hip Hop Ever
 Immortal Technique said:
If you go platinum, it's got nothin to do with luck, it just means that a million people are stupid as fu*k
That line fits perfectly with the way rap sales are nowadays.
 10 years ago '07        #67
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,097 | Props total: 30468 30468
 SKINNI said:
Profits From Ringtones Should Go To The Owner Of The Music. If The Label Has The Rights Then They Should Already Have A Deal In Place With The Artist. On Another Note Soulja Boy Made Himself Look Bad In That Youtube Vid. Nothin Wrong With The 300 (hell I Own A Magnum) But That Really Wasnt Anything To Be Going On About

If you do remember... ringtones didn't always sound like the exact music you heard on the radio. I can't remember the technical names (polyphonic or sumthin plus there were 2 other kinds of ringtones).

Eventho they sounded like the music from the artist... the way the tones were made weren't considered to be rebroadcasts of the actual song(s)... therefor that legal loop hole allowed the companies that made the ringtone to not pay the labels.... there were other loopholes as well...
 11-04-2007, 01:28 AM         #68
Elsworth  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hurricane cris is a punk. Shout outs to Little Brother, they opened for Meth one time and k!lled sh*t. Underground artists doing there thing and emerging.
 10 years ago '04        #69
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,773 | Props total: 251 251
 AHHH said:
ha. glad to hear soulja boy and hurricane chris are struggling.
talk about havin hate in your blood. damn, y u hatin on another n*gga it aint like u bein forced to listen, read about or pay attention to em
 10 years ago '04        #70
dablackcasper 
space
space
$153 | Props total: 0 0
 SLyCk said:
wow, hurricane chris disappoints. Didn't see that one comin....
On some real sh*t i couldn't stand that song ay bay bay cuz they played it on tha radio thousands upon thousands of times, but when i actually listened to his whole cd that sh*t was dope, especially trac 10 "Bang"
 10 years ago '04        #71
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$16,481 | Props total: 6642 6642
 Liquid Oxygen said:
Underground favorites Little Brother debuted at No. 89 this week, selling 9,500 of their album Get Back.

Damn
All the fu*kin hype and big uppin and sh*t and n*ggas ain't even go out and cop they sh*t

Hopefully they a get some more sales down the line...
 10 years ago '04        #72
focused313 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,116 | Props total: 1370 1370
 sundance said:
damn cd sales aint what they use to be
u aint never lied. I haven't bought a cd since 1998. When I found Jointz Central and Audio 2G, it was a wrap.
 10 years ago '04        #73
yitty 
space
space
$4,434 | Props total: 1 1
Its sad that all these so called Little Brother fans front and dont buy the album. Them n*gga shoulda sold at least 30,000 if the fans would have supported them. These n*ggas buying Soulja boy and sh*t
 10 years ago '04        #74
KLYDE 
space
space
space
$418 | Props total: 5 5
little brother sucks anyways
 10 years ago '04        #75
yitty 
space
space
$4,434 | Props total: 1 1
 KLYDE said:
little brother sucks anyways
its sad how some children are so ignorant. Is this thread about your opinion on music?
 11-04-2007, 12:23 PM         #76
dudewitscrew  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Im not surprised at LBs numbers cause the getback wasn't at circuit city or best buy target fye or anywhere I went to try to cop it at the only way I could get it was to order it online.
 10 years ago '05        #77
CaShMoNeYDfG 8 heat pts
space
space
$896 | Props total: 140 140
" you gotta snap like this to be a Soulja Girl.......YUUUUUUUUUUUUUULEEEEEE"
 10 years ago '06        #78
J_Teflon 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,755 | Props total: 2959 2959
damn old face fergi will hit triple sooner or later... i need to get her pregnant.
 10 years ago '04        #79
cormega74 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,737 | Props total: 2555 2555
I'm so hot for Kanye right now! (homo)

Last edited by cormega74; 11-04-2007 at 03:26 PM..
 11-04-2007, 07:11 PM         #80
SKINNI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stogz said:
If you do remember... ringtones didn't always sound like the exact music you heard on the radio. I can't remember the technical names (polyphonic or sumthin plus there were 2 other kinds of ringtones).

Eventho they sounded like the music from the artist... the way the tones were made weren't considered to be rebroadcasts of the actual song(s)... therefor that legal loop hole allowed the companies that made the ringtone to not pay the labels.... there were other loopholes as well...
THATS VERY TRUE. THATS A HARD ONE TO ARGUE TOO. HOWEVER MUSIC TONES NOW ARE THE ACTUAL SONGS SO NOW THE GAME IS DIFFERENT. MUSIC IS CONSIDERED INTELLECTUAL MATERIAL (NO MATTER HOW DUMB SOMEONE MIGHT THINK A SONG IS) & COPYRIGHTED. THEREFORE A COMPANY CANT JUST TAKE CLIPS OF SOMEONE ELESE PROPERTY & SELL IT FOR PROFIT WITHOUT COMPENSATION FOR THE OWNER. POLYPHONIC RINGTONES WERE DIFFERENT TO A CERTAIN DEGREE & I CANT TRULY SAY IF THEY SHOULDVE PAID FOR THEM OR NOT
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
216 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dragon Ball FighterZ Jump Festa 2018 Trailer
39 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
96 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy