Oct 29 - Nas: I'm Still Calling My Album The N Word - And I Don't Expect It To Sell

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
43 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
92 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
67 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
90 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-30-2007, 07:36 PM         #161
exhilarate  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Should be interesting i'll buy it if I can find a store that sells it.
 10 years ago '06        #162
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
 KSoraci7 said:
I love how people don't care, as long as the tracks are hot.....step outside the box for a second, if i chinese dude came out with some album called "chiiiink" or a latino with an album called "spic/wetback" evvvvvvverybody would say they are trippin.....i don't see any difference here. Its just fu*kin stupid, and all these stans miss the fu*kin point, just cuz "nas" is doin it, it must be ok...fu*k him, and i been listenin to him and his overrated sh*t for years
:applause:
 10 years ago '06        #163
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
 SKINNI said:
ACTUALLY THE PEOPLE THAT GET MAD AT THE WHITE ARE THE IGNORANT. I DONT OWN ANY WORDS SO IF "WHITE RALPH HENDERSON" WANTS TO SAY n*gga ILL LET HIM BE. WORDS ARENT THAT SERIOUS. BTW, U ARE a.ssOCIATED BY RELATION. NOT AS IN RELATIVES BUT HOW THE THINGS U SAY OR DO ARE RELATED TO A GROUP. LIKE BLACKS NOWADAYS BEING "fu*kIN IDIOTS"
You're right. Unfortunately, my skin color gives the first impression of being like other black people. However, I can make a second impression through being a smart person. Hopefully, somewhere along the line, the offspring of some retarded black people will learn that the word is not theirs.
 10 years ago '05        #164
DjAyFrESH 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,397 | Props total: 0 0
I'm Def. buying this sh*t.. Nas is that dude
 10 years ago '05        #165
Soprano ATL 43 heat pts43
space
space
$9,331 | Props total: 206 206
 brickflippa said:
your a wigga & a wannabe n*gga and you wish you were black. deal with it your a white boy and if i heard you say n*gga around me id beat the horsesh*t outta u straight up!!
see that show how much u know about me... actually, im not a wigga, i'd say about a 1/3 of my friends are white, a 1/3 are black, and a 1/3rd are hispanic or asian, and we all just be ourselves, were all a lot diff, but we all chill together, and yo, i'd expect u to be pissed if i said infront of u, i dont use it casually, and i dont use it infront of ppl who havnt explicitly told me, just say that sh*t... i wouldnt disrespect u like that, cuz if u dont kno me, that would be a disrespectful thing to say...
 10 years ago '05        #166
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
well its working...
 10-30-2007, 08:41 PM         #167
KJ Rulz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Listen.

Nas mentioned Barack Obama because he's implying that the possibility of a black president is high. Thus, we are having more racial disputes as Obama does better in the competition for presidency.

Hip Hop Is Dead was what the buzz was about last year. It's like people were thinking it but he's saying it.

Again, this album is a direct correlation to the some of the problems America is facing this year. Thus, the name of this album.

Of course he's creating controversy. However, we all know that Nas isn't one to stress his album sales (seeing as all his albums, except one, have gone certified platinum). By causing a stir, he's hoping people will atleast listen to his album and realize what point he's trying to make.

Understand?
 10 years ago '05        #168
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
 KJ Rulz said:
Listen.

Nas mentioned Barack Obama because he's implying that the possibility of a black president is high. Thus, we are having more racial disputes as Obama does better in the competition for presidency.

Hip Hop Is Dead was what the buzz was about last year. It's like people were thinking it but he's saying it.

Again, this album is a direct correlation to the some of the problems America is facing this year. Thus, the name of this album.

Of course he's creating controversy. However, we all know that Nas isn't one to stress his album sales (seeing as all his albums, except one, have gone certified platinum). By causing a stir, he's hoping people will atleast listen to his album and realize what point he's trying to make.

Understand?
 10 years ago '04        #169
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
this sh*ts gon suck who gives a fu*k

Nas fell off after Stillmatic
 10-30-2007, 10:43 PM         #170
SKINNI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ima80baby said:
You're right. Unfortunately, my skin color gives the first impression of being like other black people. However, I can make a second impression through being a smart person. Hopefully, somewhere along the line, the offspring of some retarded black people will learn that the word is not theirs.
REAL TALK BRO. ITS NO DIFFERENT THAN PEOPLE SAYIN SOMEONE CANT COME ON THIER TURF, BLOCK, HOOD, ECT. THEY DONT EVEN OWN PROPERTY BUT WILL HAVE A SHOOTOUT OVER sh*t THAT ISNT THIERS. ALL THE TIME fu*kIN IT UP IN THE PROCESS
 10 years ago '04        #171
daone2fear 
space
space
space
$696 | Props total: 5 5
 KJ Rulz said:
Listen.

Understand?

That statement is so untrue. I'll list them if there is debate about it.
 10-31-2007, 02:04 PM         #172
nate200303  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mysonne said:
It's funny how whites was loving calling us nigg3r for hundred of years but now that we shrugging it off you hate it. You guys are funny.
you're even funnier. i'm pretty sure the whites that were calling us nigg*r hundreds of years. most of em are not alive. since most people don't live to be 100. lol so why compare them to the whites today? you the one thats funny:rolleyes: its like saying you were a slaved own by whites. you weren't, your ancestors was.
 10-31-2007, 02:10 PM         #173
CanadianOG  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Storchaveli said:
I'm sick of his bullsh*t.
why don't u rap? So I can be sick of your bullsh*t. Just spit a senseless verse for us...
 10-31-2007, 02:18 PM         #174
Matt_Jones  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Storchaveli said:
^^ I'm burning a sh*tload of copies when it leaks and giving 'em all away before release day.
 10 years ago '04        #175
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
 daone2fear said:
That statement is so untrue. I'll list them if there is debate about it.
Other than HHID (unless you count The Lost Tapes) all of his albums have gone at least plat.
 10 years ago '04        #176
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
 nate200303 said:
you're even funnier. i'm pretty sure the whites that were calling us nigg*r hundreds of years. most of em are not alive. since most people don't live to be 100. lol so why compare them to the whites today? you the one thats funny:rolleyes: its like saying you were a slaved own by whites. you weren't, your ancestors was.
There are people calling blacks nigg3rs today, you should leave your fantasy cave where everyone loves everyone and come back to the real world.. Turn on your tv learn about Jena 6, Bell, The black girl that got kidnapped in W.V. fu*ked tortured while being called nigg3r... This sh*t didn't happen a 100 years ago. That happened a few week ago. But what's even funnier is how you act like you said something intelligent but come off as ignorant. You don't think i've ever been called a nigg3r as a black man in america? Blacks are mentally enslaved now, read the Willy Lynch letter,. Black have never been free in the same light as you but your a white boy acting like you know what blacks feel, or trying to tell me what to think about something you've never experienced, good job.

If you don't think that slavery influenced blacks, the justice system and societites view on blacks today. You should be laughing in your own mirror.

Last edited by Mysonne; 10-31-2007 at 03:05 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #177
xOuttAconTrolx 
space
space
$359 | Props total: 29 29
nas could have def gotten his point across without using the N-word for the album name
 10 years ago '04        #178
daone2fear 
space
space
space
 Jamaro85 said:
Other than HHID (unless you count The Lost Tapes) all of his albums have gone at least plat.

You know what you are actually correct. I stand corrected on this one. Here are his sales for those that care:

Illmatic - Plat (took 7 years)
It Was Written - 2x Plat (took 3 months)
I Am - 2x Plat (took 1 year)
Nastradamas - Plat (took 1 month)
Stillmatic - Plat (took 1 month)
God's Son - Plat (took 1 month)
Street's Disciple - Plat (took 1 year) *double cd 500,000(gold) = 1,000,000(plat) each unit sold counts double
Hip Hop Is Dead - Gold (took 4 months)

Last edited by daone2fear; 11-01-2007 at 12:26 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #179
daone2fear 
space
space
space
Reasonable Doubt - Plat (took 6 years)

In My Lifetime: Vol. 1 - Plat (took 1 year)

Hard Knock Life: Vol 2 - 5x Plat (took 2 years)

The Life and Times of S. Carter: Vol 3 - 3x Plat (took 1 year)

The Dynasty: Roc la Familia - 2x Plat (took 2 months)

The Blueprint - 2x Plat (took 8 months)

The Blueprint 2 - 3x Plat (took 2 months) *double cd each unit counts double. actually sold 1.5 million units

The Black Album - 3x Plat (took 2 years)

Kingdom Come - 2x Plat (took 2 Months)

American Gangster - 2x Plat (will take 2 months):finger:

Both "Best of Both World" joint went Platinum.

Streets is Watching went gold

Last edited by daone2fear; 11-01-2007 at 12:49 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #180
NYGiantsHUSTLER 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,268 | Props total: 445 445
im dl-in this
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
83 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
74 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
195 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
121 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
112 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
70 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy