Oct 29 - Nas: I'm Still Calling My Album The N Word - And I Don't Expect It To Sell

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Warren Sapp blames CTE for sexually harassing woman
62 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
130 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-30-2007, 12:14 PM         #121
affinity  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mysonne said:
Source of your copy and paste please or it's plagiarism
Get the f-k out of here - I didn't need sources to write those statements. You learn all of that in high school (or you damn well should). All I needed to look up was dates.
 10 years ago '07        #122
Dope Bai 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 10 10
 AK1 said:
What was wrong about HHID? It was pretty much album of the year of 06. It was nearly classic.

I don't get all the Nas hate here. Nas has proved himself time after time and he doesn't get appreciation. If he isn't in your top 5, you have a lot to listen to.
Agreed. If Nas isn't in your top 5 all-time, you shouldn't even be on this site....I easily have him in my top three along with Hov, and BIG...

Who's the best emcee's _____, _____ & ___....
 10 years ago '07        #123
Jiraiya 132 heat pts132
space
space
$11,748 | Props total: 1810 1810
ima be real...i dont wanna say ima cop it on the first day it comes out cuz truth is is dat i'm broke...ima download it as soon as it comes out tho...
 10-30-2007, 12:20 PM         #124
macadon83  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well i wont be getting it because his music has the excitement of a fresh morning dew, but i respect his decision, and can't wait for the discussions he will be invoking from idiots all around the country.
 10 years ago '04        #125
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
 affinity said:
Get the f-k out of here
Spoken like a true lady, so is that no on those source?
 10-30-2007, 12:42 PM         #126
KJ Rulz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Listen.

Nas mentioned Barack Obama because he's implying that the possibility of a black president is high. Thus, we are having more racial disputes as Obama does better in the competition for presidency.

Hip Hop Is Dead was what the buzz was about last year. It's like people were thinking it but he's saying it.

Again, this album is a direct correlation to the some of the problems America is facing this year. Thus, the name of this album.

Of course he's creating controversy. However, we all know that Nas isn't one to stress his album sales (seeing as all his albums, except one, have gone certified platinum). By causing a stir, he's hoping people will atleast listen to his album and realize what point he's trying to make.

Understand?
 10-30-2007, 12:43 PM         #127
GraVy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i'm coppin.. dont give a fu*k what he calls the album.. the kid nas is a spittin beast.. way better than listenin to soulja boy or 50..

one!
 10 years ago '04        #128
AnthonyCruz 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,828 | Props total: 2 2
Im buying it.

Thing I dont get is, why can you write books and have n*gga in the title but when a rapper decides to do it, it's such a bad thing? how many books have been written with the N word in the title? so many. It's a piece of art. Just like Nas' album.
 10 years ago '05        #129
MeziaaL 4 heat pts
space
space
$15,469 | Props total: 2489 2489
 Mysonne said:
Please explain who Evers was for the people who might not know.
 10 years ago '06        #130
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,981 | Props total: 4003 4003
 Face3Stacks said:
hypocritical a.ss statement right there..

if black people REALLY adopted ownership they wouldn't have to woop any1's a.ss for sayin it. but the fact that it brings violence from black people PROVE they have ownership of nothing.

and

bi*ches like you make me actin like anytime a black person hears the word n*gga they become super tough too bad there's not a specific word that can make YOU super smart
 10 years ago '05        #131
MeziaaL 4 heat pts
space
space
 Face3Stacks said:
hypocritical a.ss statement right there..

if black people REALLY adopted ownership they wouldn't have to woop any1's a.ss for sayin it. but the fact that it brings violence from black people PROVE they have ownership of nothing.

and

bi*ches like you make me actin like anytime a black person hears the word n*gga they become super tough too bad there's not a specific word that can make YOU super smart
If we DIDN'T adopt ownership of the word, then why DON'T white people openly say it anymore around a group of black people?, you're talking about a group of radical white supremacist who are openly racist...there is nothing hypocritical about my statement. It's people like you that give the word so much power that would jump out of your skin if you heard it directed towards you from a white, honestly, i don't give a fu*k....it's a fu*king word put in the dictionary before it was even used to dehumanise anyone..

n*gga n*gga n*gga.... a word

its a word, who cares...

And Storch you're a hater period, with alot of hate in your blood, who go's to buy 500 blank cd's, invest time into downloading the song, and sitting in your house putting cd after cd into your hard drive to take money away from someone? And give them out for the hell of it, at that. That's got to be the corniest sh*t i've ever read on here...
 10-30-2007, 01:45 PM         #132
affinity  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mysonne said:
Spoken like a true lady, so is that no on those source?
Let me make this perfectly clear: first you completely misinterpret what I initially said as a slap against you, then you accuse me of being so ignorant that I do not know who Medgar Evars is, then you you have the audacity to accuse me of copy and pasting an article about him -- sorry, but you give out disrespect, you get it right back, regardless of whether I am a woman or not.

As I said before, and I will say for the final time, I used a single source (wikipedia if you absolutely had to know) to confirm dates.

But you're right, there is no room on boxden for people who take the time to write something thoughtful outside certain forums. I'll just keep adding to a bunch of one line sentences -- I'll fit right in.

MeziaaL said:
You're absolutely right, I shouldn't have taken the time to write something out and end up being late for class. But I don't think you'd be laughing if you knew how many young people (particularly young Black teens) who do not have a clue who he is and what he did for them.

Last edited by affinity; 10-30-2007 at 02:02 PM..
 10-30-2007, 02:34 PM         #133
Face3Stacks  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MeziaaL said:
If we DIDN'T adopt ownership of the word, then why DON'T white people openly say it anymore around a group of black people?, you're talking about a group of radical white supremacist who are openly racist...there is nothing hypocritical about my statement. It's people like you that give the word so much power that would jump out of your skin if you heard it directed towards you from a white, honestly, i don't give a fu*k....it's a fu*king word put in the dictionary before it was even used to dehumanise anyone..

n*gga n*gga n*gga.... a word

its a word, who cares...

And Storch you're a hater period, with alot of hate in your blood, who go's to buy 500 blank cd's, invest time into downloading the song, and sitting in your house putting cd after cd into your hard drive to take money away from someone? And give them out for the hell of it, at that. That's got to be the corniest sh*t i've ever read on here...
oh now white people don't say it around a group of black people
i bet you don't walk into a group of white people and talk sh*t either. because where I live there are some thoro white girls that'll snatch your weave out

white people don't say it cause it's not 1965 any more dumb a.ss. you think every black man is gonna beat some1 a.ss so according to you all black men are tough maybe all white people don't say it because they've been taught different as time goes on.just like black people act more civilized towars other races now then they did 50 years ago

n*gga n*gga n*gga n*gga n*gga n*gga n*gga n*gga n*gga n*gga n*gga n*gga
 10-30-2007, 02:36 PM         #134
Face3Stacks  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 affinity said:
Let me make this perfectly clear: first you completely misinterpret what I initially said as a slap against you, then you accuse me of being so ignorant that I do not know who Medgar Evars is, then you you have the audacity to accuse me of copy and pasting an article about him -- sorry, but you give out disrespect, you get it right back, regardless of whether I am a woman or not.

As I said before, and I will say for the final time, I used a single source (wikipedia if you absolutely had to know) to confirm dates.

But you're right, there is no room on boxden for people who take the time to write something thoughtful outside certain forums. I'll just keep adding to a bunch of one line sentences -- I'll fit right in.

You're absolutely right, I shouldn't have taken the time to write something out and end up being late for class. But I don't think you'd be laughing if you knew how many young people (particularly young Black teens) who do not have a clue who he is and what he did for them.
wikipedia has as much credability as Al Sharpton
 10 years ago '05        #135
MeziaaL 4 heat pts
space
space
 Face3Stacks said:
oh now white people don't say it around a group of black people
i bet you don't walk into a group of white people and talk sh*t either. because where I live there are some thoro white girls that'll snatch your weave out

white people don't say it cause it's not 1965 any more dumb a.ss. you think every black man is gonna beat some1 a.ss so according to you all black men are tough maybe all white people don't say it because they've been taught different as time goes on.just like black people act more civilized towars other races now then they did 50 years ago

n*gga n*gga n*gga n*gga n*gga n*gga n*gga n*gga n*gga n*gga n*gga n*gga

so you basically began a new topic with yourself because, all i wanna know is........................ you talkin about?

i'm glad you realize its just a word, and i'm also a.ssuming you're a white boy who said n*gga n*gga n*gga on the internet via a hiphop message board to prove a point?

who cares, its a word..
 10-30-2007, 02:48 PM         #136
Face3Stacks  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MeziaaL said:
so you basically began a new topic with yourself because, all i wanna know is........................ you talkin about?

i'm glad you realize its just a word, and i'm also a.ssuming you're a white boy who said n*gga n*gga n*gga on the internet via a hiphop message board to prove a point?

who cares, its a word..
no I'm not a white boy. but you said white people don't say n*gga in front of a group of black people.but I know for a fact that n*ggas don't go around saying white boy and cracker in front of a group of white boys when there outnumbered.. you live in Boston white ppl run that city you also said white boys will get beat up..by who?? super n*ggas out there turn into the incredible Hulk when a white person says n*gga

n*ggas don't f!ght they shoot.what makes them tough?
 10 years ago '05        #137
MeziaaL 4 heat pts
space
space
you're still obviously not black, when you keep referring to blacks as "they"......
 10-30-2007, 02:56 PM         #138
Face3Stacks  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MeziaaL said:
you're still obviously not black, when you keep referring to blacks as "they"......
well I refer to whites as "they" to. and you still thought I was white so wtf is your point? only black people say n*gga you must live in the burbs cause in the city alot of races say n*gga:banghead:
 10 years ago '05        #139
MeziaaL 4 heat pts
space
space
not in my city, all the whites shun the word in front blacks....maybe a rican will say it, but i've never heard a white say n*gga in front me
 10-30-2007, 02:59 PM         #140
urbanbeatz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bomester said:
stfu... nas is fool for this.
NAS is Smart.. not a Fool At ALL!

Every 3rd word is N---A! on hip hop records. So calling it that is BAD??..

Props to NAS ----- People for CHange!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
76 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
43 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
251 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
97 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
113 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
156 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy