Oct 29 - Nas: I'm Still Calling My Album The N Word - And I Don't Expect It To Sell

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
130 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
94 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
284 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-30-2007, 09:45 AM         #101
Face3Stacks  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mysonne said:
That's the reason Nas says he's going to name the Album that to take the power out of the word. So that people won't feel anyway about it.
that makes some sense because as long as white people have the power to make black people use violence then they win. they will twist everything like look these n*ggas are violent animals.

when people stop using violence and start using their minds they'll realize the best way to take the power from the word is to get over it and look down on whoever uses it as ignorant scum. not through violence.
 10 years ago '06        #102
Prince Ace 35 heat pts35
space
space
$15,728 | Props total: 8909 8909
I support NaS im buyin it twice lol
 10-30-2007, 10:02 AM         #103
affinity  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mysonne said:
That's the reason Nas says he's going to name the Album that to take the power out of the word. So that people won't feel anyway about it.
Nas would have to be one arrogant and delusional person to think that simply naming his album that would take the power out of the word. I am all for artists who are trying to initiate political/cultural change through their lyrics - but I seriously doubt that is what Nas is attempting to do by naming his album that. It reeks of an attempt at publicity for his upcoming album.

I'm trying to withhold judgment on this until I hear the issues he addresses on the album, but to me, this is nothing more than the same stunt Katt Williams pulled at the BET Awards when he wore the noose around his neck.

Last edited by affinity; 10-30-2007 at 10:04 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #104
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
 affinity said:
Nas would have to be one arrogant and delusional person to think that simply naming his album that would take the power out of the word. I am all for artists who are trying to initiate political/cultural change through their lyrics - but I seriously doubt that is what Nas is attempting to do by naming his album that. It reeks of an attempt at publicity for his upcoming album.

I'm trying to withhold judgment on this until I hear the issues he addresses on the album, but to me, this is nothing more than the same stunt Katt Williams pulled at the BET Awards when he wore the noose around his neck.
again NAS said it, it's not my opinion.

"We're taking power [away] from the word," he added. "No disrespect to none of them who were part of the civil-rights movement, but some of my n---as in the streets don't know who [civil-rights activist] Medgar Evers was. I love Medgar Evers, but some of the n---as in the streets don't know Medgar Evers, they know who Nas is. And to my older people who don't now who Nas is and who don't know what a street disciple is, stay outta this mutha----in' conversation. We'll talk to you when we're ready. Right now, we're on a whole new movement. We're taking power [away] from that word."

Do you know who Medgar Evers is? If you don't then don't try to insult he's intelligence or compare him to Katt Williams have you really listened to Nas?

Last edited by Mysonne; 10-30-2007 at 10:33 AM..
 10 years ago '06        #105
3x's Plat'Num 
space
space
$491 | Props total: 0 0
WAIT A MINUTE GUYS..ISN'T THE WHOLE POINT OF MUSIC IS TO EXPRESS HOW U FEEL....WE ALL LOST SIGHT OF THAT... NOW I ADMIT I DON'T LIKE THE N-WORD.... BUT FOR WAT HE'S DOIN HE'S PUTTING IT IN GOOD TERMS.. I'M GOIN TO LISTEN TO IT BECAUSE I WANT TO SEE WHAT HIS POINT IS... NAS IS A VERY INFLUENTIAL PERSON.. THATS WHY I THINK HE'S ONE OF THE BEST LYRICIST... NAS IS DOING WHAT ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE SCARED TO DO... I THINK HE SHOULD PUT IT OUT..I MEAN sh*t... HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THE ALBUM SELLING ANYWAY.. I HERD JAY-Z WAS BEHIND HIM 100%.. NO HOMO
 10 years ago '07        #106
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
$22,348 | Props total: 2063 2063
imma get it
 10 years ago '06        #107
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
 x Tha Arkitek x said:
Not i myself, i have no problem with any race...i get along with people fine, but i say what i say to make a point...point being is we're part of the reason African Americans have to say "well the white man this and that", when its your own actions that persuade them to think that way.

and like i said, i wasn't really reacting to only the nas situation...but in general with todays african american youth.
Exactly! That's one of the main reasons why white people look down upon black people. And the dumb fu*kers still don't realize it yet; they think the reason why white people do it is because "we're black".
 10-30-2007, 11:11 AM         #108
affinity  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mysonne said:
Do you know who Medgar Evers is? If you don't then don't try to insult he's intelligence or compare him to Katt Williams have you really listened to Nas?
I propped you just to let you know that my comment was not directed to you - but wtf are you talking about? Of course I know who Evers was and what he represents and of course I've listened to Nas - I own every one of his albums and he is one of my favorite artists. But this is a publicity stunt for his album - pure and simple.

Katt Williams supposedly wore that noose to take the power away from the symbolism of the noose, and Nas is supposedly naming his album a racial expletive to take the power away from that word. But like I said, to me, it's just to garner attention and could be perceived as disrespectful to folks.
 10-30-2007, 11:12 AM         #109
inalehk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That's what they think of us anyway, what difference does it make?
 10 years ago '04        #110
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
 affinity said:
I propped you just to let you know that my comment was not directed to you - but wtf are you talking about? Of course I know who Evers was and what he represents and of course I've listened to Nas - I own every one of his albums and he is one of my favorite artists. But this is a publicity stunt for his album - pure and simple.
Please explain who Evers was for the people who might not know.
 10-30-2007, 11:40 AM         #111
affinity  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mysonne said:
Please explain who Evers was for the people who might not know.
That comment was dripping with sarcasm, but I do not doubt that some people on this forum have no clue who he is and what he accomplished for civil rights not only for Mississippi but for the county as a whole.

Medgar Evers was very active in civil rights work during the 50's in Mississippi. After he returned from service and obtaining a degree in Biz Admin, he started establishing local chapters of the NAACP in the Delta. He was also responsible for organizing boycotts against local gas stations as they refused to permit African Americans to use their washrooms. He was also appointed as Mississippi's first field secretary of the NAACP after he was denied admission to Uni of Mississippi law school (this occurred after the Supreme Court ruled that school segregation was unconstitutional).

He and his wife then moved to Jackson, Mississippi where they attempted to set up an NAACP office. Evers got national attention for his boycotts against Jackson businesses. Evers also investigated violent crimes against African Americans and actively tried to find ways to prevent racially charged crimes. He was also mostly responsible for helping James Meredith become the first African American to be admitted to Uni of Mississippi in '62 (Meredith went on to get his law degree @ Columbia). While this was a major step - there was a riot on campus and it left 2 people dead. This made Evers a target in his community and he was murdered a year later.

There is no question that Evers played a major role in ensuring that the Supreme Court did not simply play lip service to the need to be rid of segregation in the schools and elsewhere.
 10-30-2007, 11:42 AM         #112
Danja2Society  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AK1 said:
Nas just shut up half the people in BX with his statement.
Close this thread.
 10 years ago '04        #113
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
 affinity said:
That comment was dripping with sarcasm, but I do not doubt that some people on this forum have no clue who he is and what he accomplished for civil rights not only for Mississippi but for the county as a whole.

Medgar Evers was very active in civil rights work during the 50's in Mississippi. After he returned from service and obtaining a degree in Biz Admin, he started establishing local chapters of the NAACP in the Delta. He was also responsible for organizing boycotts against local gas stations as they refused to permit African Americans to use their washrooms. He was also appointed as Mississippi's first field secretary of the NAACP after he was denied admission to Uni of Mississippi law school (this occurred after the Supreme Court ruled that school segregation was unconstitutional).

He and his wife then moved to Jackson, Mississippi where they attempted to set up an NAACP office. Evers got national attention for his boycotts against Jackson businesses. Evers also investigated violent crimes against African Americans and actively tried to find ways to prevent racially charged crimes. He was also mostly responsible for helping James Meredith become the first African American to be admitted to Uni of Mississippi in '62 (Meredith went on to get his law degree @ Columbia). While this was a major step - there was a riot on campus and it left 2 people dead. This made Evers a target in his community and he was murdered a year later.

There is no question that Evers played a major role in ensuring that the Supreme Court did not simply play lip service to the need to be rid of segregation in the schools and elsewhere.
Source of your copy and paste please or it's plagiarism
 10 years ago '06        #114
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,916 | Props total: 7614 7614
Ima gonna buy that sh*t, and to be honest, I hope he don't get too large and have little stans running around all ignorent like the dipset fans and lil wayne fans. If you like D4L, dont buy this album, you like mims dont buy this sh*t and please don't go to the concerts.
 10-30-2007, 12:04 PM         #115
toasty  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its strange how supposedly naming your album the N-word takes power AWAY from the word. That word prolly would have died already if not blown up by hiphop continuously.

By the way, lets see Nas try to get away with using a derogatory comment about Jews on his album and not get heat, they don't play that.

*goes and bumps ODB's n*gga Please and tries to understand*
 10 years ago '07        #116
Dope Bai 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 10 10
 bomester said:
stfu... nas is fool for this.
How is Nas a fool for this? What happened to freedom of speech?

I'm not black, but I'm not white either, and if the man wants to name his album that, let him. This is a word that was created by the white folk, to belittle a race. They created this word, and now a black man wants to use this word to send a message and there's a public outcry from the white soceity. F*ck 'em Nas. Go hard at these wimps. Stand your ground...
 10 years ago '07        #117
Dope Bai 1 heat pts
space
space
 Storchaveli said:
^^ I'm burning a sh*tload of copies when it leaks and giving 'em all away before release day.
Co-sign....

I'm a do the same...
 10 years ago '06        #118
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
 toasty said:
Its strange how supposedly naming your album the N-word takes power AWAY from the word. That word prolly would have died already if not blown up by hiphop continuously.

By the way, lets see Nas try to get away with using a derogatory comment about Jews on his album and not get heat, they don't play that.

*goes and bumps ODB's n*gga Please and tries to understand*
cool! dont buy it.
 10 years ago '07        #119
Dope Bai 1 heat pts
space
space
 MeziaaL said:
whatever, we adopted "ownership" of the word and white supremacists mad they can't say it no more openly without getting that a.ss dug in
Co-sign....
 10 years ago '06        #120
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
 Sammyboi22 said:
This might be a problem for me. Im white so how will I ask my black friends if they have heard his new album?

Me: You heard that new Nas?
Friend: What cd?
Me: You know.....the new one...
Cool! Just don't buy it! Buy Lil Wayne Instead. Dont go to the concerts either.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
99 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
219 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy