Oct 29 - Nas: I'm Still Calling My Album The N Word - And I Don't Expect It To Sell

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
113 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
37 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '07        #61
*-InfiniMatic-* 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,025 | Props total: 3311 3311
 mellowit said:
i dont think it displays ignorance at all, not like de-valuing education and knowledge of black history as so many do. Nas is partially pointing out how far we've come from when "zzzzzz" was a dereogatory term, we shouldn't be afraid of words just how they're used
:applause:
 10 years ago '05        #62
MeziaaL 4 heat pts
space
space
$15,469 | Props total: 2489 2489
 x Tha Arkitek x said:
...and im sure its times like these where whites enjoy laughing and thinking were ignorant.

Don't blame them blame ourselves for where were at in today's world, Martin Luther did alot for nothing it seems....it's like you all just wanna "Edit >> Undo" what he did.

Not just re-acting to ths nas situation, but to hip hop and young black ppl in general today.
u seem to worry too much about what whites think, who gives a fu*k
 10 years ago '07        #63
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,321 | Props total: 1109 1109
 MeziaaL said:
hhid Was 2006 Hottest Album Imo.
...fu*k outta here ur kiddin me...Food And Liquor>>>H.H.I.D....Lupe had the best album of 06
 10-29-2007, 10:26 PM         #64
affinity  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 IRemainRaw said:
another rapper -- another gimmick
Sad, but true.

I love Nas, but I don't understand why he needs this kind of publicity to generate interest in his music. I will still go out and buy this one to support him, but as I fan I have to say that I am ashamed of him for going ahead and naming the album *****. I know he wants to act all tough with that "I don't give a f-k if Universal loses cash" attitude, but Nas is above this.
 10-29-2007, 10:34 PM         #65
Playboysoldier  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
HHID was garbage. very dissapointing album.

whats the purpose of calling the album n*gga?

what statement is he trying to make. didnt he use the same marketing ploy last year then changed the name to HHID?

i'm a nas fan but that is just stupid.
 10-29-2007, 10:54 PM         #66
qqq  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigkilla said:
how stupid is this gonna be when whites and chinese people go in the store to buy it and say

"Can I buy that n*gga behind the counter?"
See I think that's one of the points Nas is trying to bring up. Why are yall trippin over this name? It holds a lotta history and meaning, but now no one gives a sh*t.

And I dont know what's so weird about people who are not black saying the n word. People say it all the time around blacks, no one will do anything unless you really come off like a racist. Now when they're around people they don't really know, they probably won't say it, but that's like a lotta things. I've noticed white people don't do it too much though.

Personally I don't say it cuz that's just the way I was raised. I'm not white but not black either. If I was black I still wouldn't say it cuz that's just my parents and the way I was raised.
 10 years ago '06        #67
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
This might be a problem for me. Im white so how will I ask my black friends if they have heard his new album?

Me: You heard that new Nas?
Friend: What cd?
Me: You know.....the new one...
 10 years ago '05        #68
nahsuhmeanz 
space
space
$9,948 | Props total: 2747 2747
the point NAS is trying to make is that the we shouldnt take the word as it was used for back in the day the more you talk about and get mad about the word more people are gonna use it once you dont care anymore the word will fade away. Why does the government wanna stop everything black people do wearing baggy pants,spinning rims..but they never do anything to stop the KKK from having their rallies
 10-29-2007, 11:11 PM         #69
Drag90  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ive never understood, what does "gung ho" mean?
 10 years ago '04        #70
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,064 | Props total: 4416 4416
has nas even said what the point hes trying to make is. cause alot of you guys are making a.ssumptions about the point hes trying to make. i dont think this is gonna turn out well
 10-29-2007, 11:38 PM         #71
TuJay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 x Tha Arkitek x said:
...and im sure its times like these where whites enjoy laughing and thinking were ignorant.

Don't blame them blame ourselves for where were at in today's world, Martin Luther did alot for nothing it seems....it's like you all just wanna "Edit >> Undo" what he did.

Not just re-acting to ths nas situation, but to hip hop and young black ppl in general today.
why do people act like the "n-word" is the worst, most horrible word or concept ever created? ok so it was used to "dehumanize" people? i dont think so... i say it and people say it to me and im still fully human in every sence of the word...

if you're gonna go that route then you have to say that Christianity is just as bad because it was used as an excuse for the crusades, wiping out the indigenous peoples of the Americas, and making kidnapped Africans and their descendants believe that they are inferior to the white man.

if people saying that word gets to you, you're missing the real issues. theres still segregation due to redlining and blockbusting, there are still very few black owned businesses the KKK is still alive and kicking, neo-nazis, Jena 6 etc.

If not saying the "n-word" made all this go away i wouldn't say it either but i live in reality and thats not how reality works.
 10 years ago '06        #72
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,024 | Props total: 18791 18791
 Drag90 said:
"Gung Ho" refers to a go for it or ready to do whatever attitude....the term originates from the military I believe.....
 10-29-2007, 11:40 PM         #73
SKINNI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I WONT DEBATE IF ITS RIGHT OR WRONG. ITS A MATTER OF OPINION. I WILL SAY MY OPINION IS THAT n*gga WASNT AN ILLEGAL TERM BEFORE BLACKS DECIDED TO USE IT TO MAKE MONEY SO LETS NOT PRETEND ITS CHANGED NOW. AS A BLACK MAN, I WOULDNT WASTE MY TIME CRYING OVER THE USE OF A WORD THAT SOUNDS BAD TO ME. I STAND TO GAIN NOTHING BUT SOMEONE NOW MUMBLING IT UNDER THIER BREATH.

EVERYONE WATCHES MOVIES & TV ALL DAY WITH CRIME, s3x, VIOLENCE, DRUGS, PROFANE LANGUAGE, ECT. EVERYDAY. ONE SONG GETS MADE & THEYRE READY TO SHUT EM DOWN. MAKE A MOVIE USING THE WORD EVERY SCENE...... NOMINATE EM FOR A LITTLE MAN TROPHY. COME ON. n*ggaS MIGHT OWN SOME RECORD LABELS, PRODUCE sh*t, OWN STUDIOS, ECT. BUT THEYRE FEW NUMBERS IN THE 'WOOD PRODUCING, DIRECTING, OR THAT OWN STUDIOS. THEY KNOW WHO THEY WANT TO TARGET.

I HATE MAKIN RACIAL ISSUES BUT THIS TO ME IS CLEARLY ONE. THEY WANT TO BAN NAS FOR CALLN AN ALBUM n*gga BUT SOMEBODY CALL THEMSELVES UNCLE CRACKER & GET A MTV AWARD!

"WHEN UR WHITE, THE SKY' S THE LIMIT. WHEN UR BLACK, THE LIMIT IS THE SKY."
 10-29-2007, 11:40 PM         #74
TuJay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Drag90 said:
it means "work together"
 10-29-2007, 11:48 PM         #75
TuJay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SKINNI said:
I WONT DEBATE IF ITS RIGHT OR WRONG. ITS A MATTER OF OPINION. I WILL SAY MY OPINION IS THAT n*gga WASNT AN ILLEGAL TERM BEFORE BLACKS DECIDED TO USE IT TO MAKE MONEY SO LETS NOT PRETEND ITS CHANGED NOW. AS A BLACK MAN, I WOULDNT WASTE MY TIME CRYING OVER THE USE OF A WORD THAT SOUNDS BAD TO ME. I STAND TO GAIN NOTHING BUT SOMEONE NOW MUMBLING IT UNDER THIER BREATH.

EVERYONE WATCHES MOVIES & TV ALL DAY WITH CRIME, s3x, VIOLENCE, DRUGS, PROFANE LANGUAGE, ECT. EVERYDAY. ONE SONG GETS MADE & THEYRE READY TO SHUT EM DOWN. MAKE A MOVIE USING THE WORD EVERY SCENE...... NOMINATE EM FOR A LITTLE MAN TROPHY. COME ON. n*ggaS MIGHT OWN SOME RECORD LABELS, PRODUCE sh*t, OWN STUDIOS, ECT. BUT THEYRE FEW NUMBERS IN THE 'WOOD PRODUCING, DIRECTING, OR THAT OWN STUDIOS. THEY KNOW WHO THEY WANT TO TARGET.

I HATE MAKIN RACIAL ISSUES BUT THIS TO ME IS CLEARLY ONE. THEY WANT TO BAN NAS FOR CALLN AN ALBUM n*gga BUT SOMEBODY CALL THEMSELVES UNCLE CRACKER & GET A MTV AWARD!

"WHEN UR WHITE, THE SKY' S THE LIMIT. WHEN UR BLACK, THE LIMIT IS THE SKY."
and Richard Pryor had an album in 1975 called "that zzzzzz is crazy" but that dont count apparently...
 10-29-2007, 11:57 PM         #76
Adamxxx  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
coppin the hell outa it
 10-30-2007, 12:00 AM         #77
dapharoah69  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dash420 said:
fukk da haters im coppin it first thing in best buy
I second that Im coping a few copies of the CD
 10-30-2007, 12:02 AM         #78
dapharoah69  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TuJay said:
and Richard Pryor had an album in 1975 called "that zzzzzz is crazy" but that dont count apparently...

Amen I feel u
 10 years ago '04        #79
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,286 | Props total: 11209 11209
 Storchaveli said:
^^ I'm burning a sh*tload of copies when it leaks and giving 'em all away before release day.
*sniff sniff...*

i smell a hater.
 10 years ago '06        #80
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,975 | Props total: 3992 3992
 Mysonne said:
It's funny how whites was loving calling us nigg3r for hundred of years but now that we shrugging it off you hate it. You guys are funny.
No what's funny is that I've NEVER said anything about my race here on BX, and ignorant people like YOU make racial a.ssumptions based on God knows what. I've bumped into a lot of your posts, and you really do come off as ignorant. Not surprised.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
64 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago