Oct 29 - Nas: I'm Still Calling My Album The N Word - And I Don't Expect It To Sell

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
23 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #41
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
 whatidoiswrong said:
Don't worry, Storchavelli's probably a millionaire, and he's not hurting himself at all by pulling his stunt.
Free promotion for Nas.

If its hot others will hear it and 1 of every 50 of them will buy it. The rest will bootleg it
 10 years ago '07        #42
*-InfiniMatic-* 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,036 | Props total: 3319 3319
 Storchaveli said:
^^ I'm burning a sh*tload of copies when it leaks and giving 'em all away before release day.
That's not gon' stop me from buying it. I see Kanye's new album all the time, ready to be downloaded. But I haven't cause I want to buy it.
 10 years ago '07        #43
space
space
 Unkleluc said:
Nas is that n*gga, and has been for so long..and ppl still hate
You mean "Nas is that zzzzzz"
 10 years ago '04        #44
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,081 | Props total: 4425 4425
ive decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. personally i dont think he can artriculate himself outside of rap well enough to pull this off without itr appearing to be a gimmick like his hip hop is dead album but maybe he can bring something to the table with this.

their have been books called zzzzzz so maybe hes doing something along those lines. but this may backfire huge. because he doesnt seem to be articulate enough to do this and unfortunantely how he talks leading up to this release will be as important as what he says
 10-29-2007, 07:57 PM         #45
IRemainRaw  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
another rapper -- another gimmick
 10 years ago '04        #46
Big B 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,117 | Props total: 0 0
 x Tha Arkitek x said:
...still not sure what point he's trying to get across with something like this.

I'd love to see a white artist drop an album called "N-gga"...what would the feedback be then...if its anywhere along the lines of "outrage"...then ur basically a racist for reacting on them differently based on skin color...there would be zero "im coppin this album".
Real Talk
 10 years ago '04        #47
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
 Storchaveli said:
Yeah you must be very proud. :rolleyes:

No matter what you mix with a pig, it's still pork.
It's funny how whites was loving calling us nigg3r for hundred of years but now that we shrugging it off you hate it. You guys are funny.
 10 years ago '04        #48
J.BEEZY 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,325 | Props total: 2476 2476
its a gimmick but i dont care what its called ill still buy it...nas is still on top and one of the few artists i still support by payin for their sh*t
 10-29-2007, 08:47 PM         #49
b4d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this dude is a ARTIST in the tru sense of the word...you got to respect how he pushes the envelope...man i can't wait to buy this
 10-29-2007, 08:55 PM         #50
johnwoo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gotta love Nas.
 10 years ago '07        #51
infamxus 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,391 | Props total: 3 3
 10 years ago '04        #52
yitty 
space
space
$4,434 | Props total: 1 1
The "zzzzzz Album". I just want to go to the store and ask for it. Times like these I really enjoy being black.
 10-29-2007, 09:05 PM         #53
mellowit  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
HE DROPPED ILLMATIC
let him do whatever the fu*k he wants, freedom of speech and all that good sh*t etc
 10 years ago '04        #54
x Tha Arkitek x 59 heat pts59
space
space
$18,678 | Props total: 6817 6817
 yitty said:
The "zzzzzz Album". I just want to go to the store and ask for it. Times like these I really enjoy being black.
...and im sure its times like these where whites enjoy laughing and thinking were ignorant.

Don't blame them blame ourselves for where were at in today's world, Martin Luther did alot for nothing it seems....it's like you all just wanna "Edit >> Undo" what he did.

Not just re-acting to ths nas situation, but to hip hop and young black ppl in general today.
 10-29-2007, 09:18 PM         #55
mellowit  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 x Tha Arkitek x said:
...and im sure its times like these where whites enjoy laughing and thinking were ignorant.

Don't blame them blame ourselves for where were at in today's world, Martin Luther did alot for nothing it seems....it's like you all just wanna "Edit >> Undo" what he did.

Not just re-acting to ths nas situation, but to hip hop and young black ppl in general today.
i dont think it displays ignorance at all, not like de-valuing education and knowledge of black history as so many do. Nas is partially pointing out how far we've come from when "zzzzzz" was a dereogatory term, we shouldn't be afraid of words just how they're used
 10 years ago '06        #56
bigkilla 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$4,594 | Props total: 5417 5417
how stupid is this gonna be when whites and chinese people go in the store to buy it and say

"Can I buy that n*gga behind the counter?"
 10 years ago '04        #57
Big War|M 
space
space
$14,187 | Props total: 1072 1072
hmmm... i wonder if all this controversy is gonna generate record sales... God knows he needs it, he hasn't had a platinum album since Streets Disciple...
 10-29-2007, 09:33 PM         #58
Drew Dat  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm behind Nas 100%....
 10 years ago '07        #59
killahkazi 15 heat pts15
space
space
$4,795 | Props total: 39 39
yup, that nas for ya
 10 years ago '07        #60
space
space
 yitty said:
Yeah, I LOVE being black, I would hate to be another color.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
68 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
188 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
63 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
22 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
76 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
54 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Deranged Serial Killer Stories Most People Don't Know About
30 comments
18 hours ago