Jay-Z - American Gangster (Official Thread)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
35 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Breakfast Club interviews Lavar Ball & Sons On Family Business, Discipline..
82 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Jay-Z- American Gangster 2007 [Retail Grouprip]
5 Mics = CLASSIC!!! 78 50.00%
4 Mics 47 30.13%
3 Mics 16 10.26%
2 Mics 4 2.56%
1 Mic 11 7.05%
Voters: 156. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #701
MainEv3nt|M 21 heat pts21
space
space
$21,294 | Props total: 29 29
i already preorder 10 copies of nas cd
 10-26-2007, 09:55 PM         #702
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 worldrecords said:
PRopz man.. i keeep tellin these small headed SuCKAS,,,, Ch-Ch-Chamillitary Maaaayne
thats whats up man, too many foolish bi*ches on here
 10-26-2007, 09:58 PM         #703
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ dude what the hell get off hurrican chrises d*ck
 10-26-2007, 09:59 PM         #704
DaMasterMind 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yo hurricane 24 jay's money career might sh*t on nas's money career. BUT PLEASE DONT CONFUSE THE MONEY WITH THE ACTUAL QUALITY OF MUSIC. AND NO I AINT TALKING RADIO PLAY, I'M TALKING REAL SONGS.
 10-26-2007, 10:01 PM         #705
Hurricane24 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Think about it... nas has merely been trying to keep up with jay since blueprint, blueprint>stillmatic, then jay drops a 2 disc, then nas drops his, oh and for those who said bp2 is garbage must have missed out on the curse, the curse should break away from the gift, become an album of its own and be considered classic, then jay drops black album and just to keep up wit making albums nas drops sd which i'm still mad about and i should write nas a letter asking for my money back, jay takes a few years off and nas coincedently does the same, jay comes back with kc and nas comes with hhid shortly after, oh and kc was better than hhid, now jay wants to make another album and coincidently nas wants to also... jay and nas's beef was just a publicity stunt to revive nas's career cus jay had respect for nas, and since nas has been back he's been trying to keep pace and is failing at it, go ahead send the hate but what i say is true... sorry nas stans, and you guys better thank jay cus if it wasn't for him you still might be waiting for stillmatic
 10-26-2007, 10:01 PM         #706
youngholla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn it seems like a lot of comment you people make is forced by hate
 10-26-2007, 10:03 PM         #707
Doc D 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*gga you gay
 10-26-2007, 10:04 PM         #708
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I've stayed bumpin' Ultimate Victory since it leaked on the 5th last month. Everyday before school and after school I got it bumpin' in the whip.
 10-26-2007, 10:04 PM         #709
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nas has ALWAYS made better music than Jay.

for real tho, nas has got so much good sh*t, jay i cant say the same for, and i wonder if all these people supporting Jay have even really listened to nas, cause his music has got so much more substance in it than sh*t jay writes. Nas is the greatest rapper alive, and IMO better than biggie and pac, but i know that kind of talk gets you hate on this site, hence the IMO
 10-26-2007, 10:07 PM         #710
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dr.X said:
alright man the hurricane chris remark might have went to far, but youre a dumbass if you think that UV has no replay value.
 10 years ago '04        #711
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,905 | Props total: 1145 1145
i'm so close to agreeing. the only song i consider mediocre on the whole album is "brooklyn 2.0". and the two missing tracks have snippets that sound dope as hell. i would say this is better than "kingdom come", but on the same level of "the blueprint".
 10-26-2007, 10:07 PM         #712
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kegar89 said:
I've stayed bumpin' Ultimate Victory since it leaked on the 5th last month. Everyday before school and after school I got it bumpin' in the whip.
props cause ill throw some other sh*t in, and it aint long before that sh*t is in again
 10-26-2007, 10:08 PM         #713
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't know how anyone can stand that over-produced corny pile of sh*t, but this must be where "subjectiveness" comes in.

btw, I'm talking about Cham's album. I still need to listen to the Jay-Z album though, waiting for the ACTUAL ALBUM.
 10 years ago '05        #714
KruptedWayz 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$3,630 | Props total: 773 773
I agree with thread starter!
 10 years ago '06        #715
BTiZZLe 
space
space
$2,791 | Props total: 15 15
nas fu*ken sucks flow is boring and lyric material is garbage

Last edited by BTiZZLe; 10-26-2007 at 10:11 PM..
 10-26-2007, 10:10 PM         #716
Hurricane24 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaMasterMind said:
yo hurricane 24 jay's money career might sh*t on nas's money career. BUT PLEASE DONT CONFUSE THE MONEY WITH THE ACTUAL QUALITY OF MUSIC. AND NO I AINT TALKING RADIO PLAY, I'M TALKING REAL SONGS.
you do know that fans make the artist not the other way around right? jay has bigger fan base and sells more and people would rather listen to jay on the radio cus his sh*t is better
 10-26-2007, 10:10 PM         #717
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nas >>> jay all day every day

nas new album is gonna anally r*pe jay's sh*t
 10 years ago '06        #718
BTiZZLe 
space
space
$2,791 | Props total: 15 15
new album is gonna suck just like HHID.
 10 years ago '04        #719
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,905 | Props total: 1145 1145
 Steveo54 said:
Dont care what anyone is saying, Ultimate victory is k!lling any other album that has come out this year. American Gangster aint bad, but im not that impressed, its really like 3 or 4 good songs, a couple other decent ones, and then some skips.

I dont give a god damn about record sells cause i know american gangster will k!ll UV in record sells, cause for some reason not many people coughed up the $$$ to get the best album of the year.

once again, UV is the album of 07, followed closely by Talib, then Jay.

But The Cool aint here yet so that sh*t could still change
i half way agree with you. i believe "ultimate victory" is album of the year, but i think "american gangster" is easily in the top 5, no doubt. i think jay's album is up there with chamillionaire, kanye, redman, and common's (as far as mainstream albums. there have probably been a few, unnoticed underground classics that have dropped.)
 10 years ago '07        #720
MELODY 25 heat pts25
space
space
$10,419 | Props total: 1864 1864
How Many Grammies Does Nas Own?

This Is An Unfair Comparison Because Nas Is Putting Out A Real Album. Jay Is Narrating A Movie. Nas Needs A Pop Single To Be Played On All Radio. Jay Is Not Looking For Those Type Of Singles Nor Visions. Two Completely Different Albums. Jay Looking For That 70's Sound Production. Nas Looking For Any Production. Plus Jay Is Always Putting Out More Complete Albums, Just Look At The Proof, Def Jam Wanted Jay As President To Direct All Talent Including Nas.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
36 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago