Jay-Z - American Gangster (Official Thread)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
8 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
79 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Jay-Z- American Gangster 2007 [Retail Grouprip]
5 Mics = CLASSIC!!! 78 50.00%
4 Mics 47 30.13%
3 Mics 16 10.26%
2 Mics 4 2.56%
1 Mic 11 7.05%
Voters: 156. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #641
maluku 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$173 | Props total: 2 2
 Nash P said:
the beats have that 80s feel to them, i like the direction he went with production...yal complain too damn much..enjoy the music!
What 80's feel ?

NWA ,De La , Public Enemy ,EPMD , Eric B and Rakim , Big Daddy Kane , LL ?
Madonna , Michael Jackson , Prince ?

GTFOH :banghead:

This album is garbage ...like everything Jay-Z did lately ....
 10-26-2007, 08:12 PM         #642
JaeWil 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*t is wack like every jay z album
 10 years ago '04        #643
blizzard 2 heat pts
space
space
$553 | Props total: 16 16
Well this album is gonna sell like hot cakes. I love what I have heard. But yall gotta know it aint no accident the sh*t hasnt been group ripped. This sh*t is marketing. Creating even MORE hype. Now don't get me wrong the leak of them 12 tracks is good cause whoever is outside the bubble(pause, industry folks)and has a copy is now like "its cool to rip it cause most of it is out".

Marketing 101 let em get a sample and they'll fiend for more. Well it's like dope too. Kinda like the movie wit Sam Jackson and his fake formula for extasy.
 10-26-2007, 08:16 PM         #644
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
like I said hate is the new love, its always the same dudes coming into the threads to hate

if you dont like dude then why make threads or post about him? Jay is my favorite MC of all time but I havent made one thread about him, haters make more threads about Jay then me
 10 years ago '05        #645
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1692 1692
 Supa Mario 910 said:
LMAO...You're lame man. You've probably been up drinking coffee and Red Bull all night waiting for that grouprip. Hop off his nuts....he's washed up. Get over it...
lol @ Jay-Z being a wash up. Where's KRS?
 10 years ago '05        #646
tonydeals 
space
space
$678 | Props total: 0 0
Hi Haters...:finger: I knew y'all was comin out today. NOBODY fu*kin wit Jay!!!

I'mat all of y'all hatin. sh*t is straight fire!!!!!!!!!
 10 years ago '04        #647
Stormtrooper 
space
space
$749 | Props total: 52 52
This is no Classic.. Good Album yes but no Classic.. 7 out of 10

This sh*t is not Better thn Blueprint, Hard knock Life, hell In my Life Vol2

and i saa the movise 3 days ago.. so its still decent
 10-26-2007, 08:24 PM         #648
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Storchaveli said:
Britney's new album >>> Jay's new album (based on the snippets)

... I said it.
jump off a cliff
 10 years ago '04        #649
jillas31 
space
space
space
$1,582 | Props total: 25 25
American Gangster= Classic......Way too many youngsters on the BX that won't appreciate this, but Hate em or love em sh*t is hot...Hi Haters
 10-26-2007, 08:31 PM         #650
Bee Nice 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Album is Crack
 10-26-2007, 08:35 PM         #651
Cyber Hater 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 `·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ said:
So you're a hobo now?

:banghead: no, when i was get that paper on that chronic...

Hockey bags (way bulkier than "duffle bags") full of work, same filled with paper a week later... :D

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, those were the days! :applause:
 10 years ago '05        #652
Nickel 118 heat pts118
space
space
$11,231 | Props total: 179 179
c'mon :banghead:
 10 years ago '07        #653
CaP 
space
space
space
$1,329 | Props total: 0 0
 Nerd_Rich said:
Looks like somebodys rep power wont get them in the "JUKEBOX":....n*ggas do what we do round here young scrapp and that means judging albums and talking sh*t...sh*ts only mising two joints anyways and from what I heard of it the sh*ts dope...Nas will be dope, but if you think cass could drop the album of the year then you need to be :slap:.........

I dont give a damn about some rep power kid... Im not ganna be fake and say some damn album is album of the year when i havent heard the official lp... people need to jump off artists d*cks... and how you know cass wont drop a hotter album then jay? Cause of their backgrounds? that is how fakers judge... jump off the d*ck!

I believe common cd is nicest all year so far

Last edited by CaP; 10-26-2007 at 08:43 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #654
BIGBOYCAPRICE83 
space
space
$3,729 | Props total: 124 124
the people that said the beats was a.ss, and the album was boring. well we know what era they grew up in. 80's babies will love this album!

so cause a n*gga say he aint really feelin some beats on a album, you know what era they grew up in? stop fakin n*gga , tryna sound like you a old head or somethin.........
 10-26-2007, 08:52 PM         #655
hurricanegamePZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i agree wit threadstarter....wtf is this dookie sh*t... the beat to that brooklyn song wit wayne coulda been made by a 13 year old on crack wit a demo version of fruity loops...real talk...fu*k this n*gga he on some old man sh*t now
 10-26-2007, 08:53 PM         #656
WataBoy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
am i the only person who thinks this is the best song on the album,Jay-z said it and Hello Brooklyn were the last song he made for AG, its from the prospective of a person dreamin about makin it then goes thru the pursuit of the american dream the beat, flow content is on point holla back if u heard it
 10-26-2007, 08:54 PM         #657
WataBoy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think the production on AG is better than RD, what do yall think?
 10 years ago '05        #658
KruptedWayz 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$3,630 | Props total: 773 773
 blizzard said:
Well this album is gonna sell like hot cakes. I love what I have heard. But yall gotta know it aint no accident the sh*t hasnt been group ripped. This sh*t is marketing. Creating even MORE hype. Now don't get me wrong the leak of them 12 tracks is good cause whoever is outside the bubble(pause, industry folks)and has a copy is now like "its cool to rip it cause most of it is out".

Marketing 101 let em get a sample and they'll fiend for more. Well it's like dope too. Kinda like the movie wit Sam Jackson and his fake formula for extasy.
You think Jay-Z marketing team would leak most of the album except a couple of tracks? please! only hurt sales when albums leak this soon, especially the people who isnt sure if they get it until they get the bootleg, and theres no point of them buying it then.
 10-26-2007, 08:57 PM         #659
Stvn04Blld 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just have listen to the snippets so not gonna say which is which but the production on RD was one of the best ever and still is. Thats part of what made RD a classic so idk if AG will top that listening to the snippets i`m feeling some songs so far...
 10-26-2007, 08:57 PM         #660
WataBoy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jillas31 said:
American Gangster= Classic......Way too many youngsters on the BX that won't appreciate this, but Hate em or love em sh*t is hot...Hi Haters
yeah this album is crazy, i been listenin to it all day, Jay-z came all the way on point this time, the weakest songs to me are Roc Boys and Blue Magic, This IS the Album of the year, i mean whos gonna drop a better album than this?
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
166 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
165 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
128 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
204 comments
1 day ago