Jay-Z - American Gangster (Official Thread)

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
134 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
24 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Jay-Z- American Gangster 2007 [Retail Grouprip]
5 Mics = CLASSIC!!! 78 50.00%
4 Mics 47 30.13%
3 Mics 16 10.26%
2 Mics 4 2.56%
1 Mic 11 7.05%
Voters: 156. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10-25-2007, 02:55 PM         #21
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJ Maximum said:
Jay is The Greatest Of All Time
 10 years ago '05        #22
EastBroadway 35 heat pts35 OP
space
space
$4,494 | Props total: 5 5
 Nugen2384 said:
Greatest Of All Time???????? R u serious??? Of all time??????

UNTIL MAKAVELI COMES BACK R U fu*kEN DEAF.....DAMN YA DUDES MAN, ITS MY THREAD AND IF YA AINT GONNA SHOW LOVE THEN SIT DOWN AND SUCK-A-d*ck
 10 years ago '04        #23
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
 REAL_NESS said:
Why? at nearly 40 hes still better and saying more than most of the game today
^^^While this is true that's like saying Dallas and Green Bay are the best teams of the NFC today. What is that really saying when there is damn near NO COMPETITION to compare to

I feel like he's still got it lyrically, but for the reasons that he became revered as "the best rapper alive" by many, which are his flow/delivery, I feel he's lost it a couple notches. Still, American Gangster sounds promising and I like the musical vibe to the album.

But saying he's better than the majority of the game really isn't saying a lot

10 years ago '04        #24
young $ 2 heat pts
space
space
$659 | Props total: 11 11
 jj01 said:
nas>>>jay

its not close

cut the d*ck rydery

why do jay stans always feel the need to try and convince others of his greatness, the same way jay does when he talks about himself? nas, or other rappers that are better than jay dont get this much attention by fans trying to proclaim their greatness. the music speaks for itself, and in jay's case, all the rappers lines' that he bites, i guess their work speaks for jay's
ZZZZZ Get out of here Nas is better than Hov in what Category and what rapper doesnt use the same stuff that someone else has used. In case you people forgot This is Hip Hop we sample music, we sample lyrics and hooks. Hey we even use each others slang.
 10-25-2007, 03:03 PM         #25
youngholla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
first off i respect Nas as a lyricist, but as an all around artist Jays just better sorry, 2nd Pac is one of the greatest to ever hold a mic, but he's deceased, let him rest in peace....we're in a new era....Common is also one of the best behind the mic and i admit, he still doesnt get the credit he deserves but like Nas he's not really an all around artist
 10 years ago '06        #26
Nugen2384 
space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 0 0
 EastBroadway said:
UNTIL MAKAVELI COMES BACK R U fu*kEN DEAF.....DAMN YA DUDES MAN, ITS MY THREAD AND IF YA AINT GONNA SHOW LOVE THEN SIT DOWN AND SUCK-A-d*ck
How gon get mad at me for having an opinion, fam?? I more than understand that you're a fan of his cause I am also but to call him the G.O.A.T. is a bit much. I do comend though, you gave reason why you felt so so strong towards your opinion unlike majority of these cats that just make vague generalized statements. But "I" don't feel Jay is a GOAT, he wasn't even that great in his era. You honestly can't measure a persons talent and skillz just off of how sucessful they are, as great as Jay's work is, it isn't flawless......but know ones' is.
 10 years ago '05        #27
space
space
Thanks 2 All The Positive Comments, I Promise By 2night U Will Get Ya Props......
 10-25-2007, 03:10 PM         #28
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jamaro85 said:
^^^While this is true that's like saying Dallas and Green Bay are the best teams of the NFC today. What is that really saying when there is damn near NO COMPETITION to compare to

I feel like he's still got it lyrically, but for the reasons that he became revered as "the best rapper alive" by many, which are his flow/delivery, I feel he's lost it a couple notches. Still, American Gangster sounds promising and I like the musical vibe to the album.

But saying he's better than the majority of the game really isn't saying a lot

but its still true regardless dude said "Jay should've stopped after BP2"

I was responding to that
 10 years ago '05        #29
space
space
 Nugen2384 said:
How gon get mad at me for having an opinion, fam?? I more than understand that you're a fan of his cause I am also but to call him the G.O.A.T. is a bit much. I do comend though, you gave reason why you felt so so strong towards your opinion unlike majority of these cats that just make vague generalized statements. But "I" don't feel Jay is a GOAT, he wasn't even that great in his era. You honestly can't measure a persons talent and skillz just off of how sucessful they are, as great as Jay's work is, it isn't flawless......but know ones' is.

Ok Cool, Thanks 4 Commenting Back, This A Jay-Z Appreciation Thread....Only Positive Comments About Him On Here....I Did Say Post Some Jay-Z Tracks That Ya Liked And If Ya Dont Like It Everyone Can Suck-A-d*ck.....I Said Hes The G.O.A.T Cause I Said He Is.....Theres Alot Of People That Feel The Same And Unfortunatly Ur Not 1 Of Them....So This Is What U Do: Make A Thread About Ur Favorite Rapper And Let Me Come In And Say Hes Not A Good Artist....In Fact I Like Alot Of Rappers, About 95% Of Them....But I Didnt Make A Thread About Them Cause There Not On His Level At All And Its Not Money Wise(Different Story)....Nas And Common R VERY TALENTED Yes But This Is A Jay-Z Thread My Dude.....Ill Prop U 1st 4 Commenting Back, The Rest I Got 2night Definetly!!!

EDIT: U Said Hes A Good Artist, I Was Talking In General My Bad!

Last edited by EastBroadway; 10-25-2007 at 03:19 PM..
 10 years ago '07        #30
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space
$9,611 | Props total: 5462 5462
ight yall settle Down, settle Down!!!.........this just in, the album "American Gangster" is officially leaking Tonight...

it just ripped a half hour ago, and should be posted up in a few hours......the latest, 2morrow Morning
 10 years ago '07        #31
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,922 | Props total: 86 86
props if true

hate if you're just waiting for someone else to have it/then steal the link.
 10-25-2007, 07:37 PM         #32
Italy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I can hardley *yawn* contain myself
 10 years ago '05        #33
STATlanta2006 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,751 | Props total: 56 56
yea i say it leaks some time between now and halloween.....
 10-25-2007, 07:39 PM         #34
Bone Diddles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Italy said:
 10-25-2007, 07:50 PM         #35
youngholla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Italy said:
love the sarcasm, and its funny how u were the 3rd person to comment in this thread.....
 10-25-2007, 07:58 PM         #36
willdolla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
AG gonna leak like a foucet in tha hood now yall tell me whatsss good.
 10 years ago '07        #37
Three 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,051 | Props total: 1038 1038
what about cassidy's album?
is it comin soon
 10-25-2007, 07:59 PM         #38
dipset136 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
just listen to the sampler on hiphopgame and this sh*t sounds decent at best. Gotta hear the full album to really tell.
 10 years ago '04        #39
RoyceDa59 240 heat pts240
space
space
$14,962 | Props total: 4668 4668
I don't know about this album, Jay fu*ked up by having Diddy's whack a.ss producers do this album. I was hardly amazed by any of the 30 sec snippets.
 10 years ago '06        #40
D.O.H. 
space
space
$5,073 | Props total: 748 748
man i hope so.....i dont care if you steal links or not, i just want a link as soon as its out
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
160 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
116 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy