Oct 26 - Maybe Donnie McClurkin Isn't As CURED From Homosexuality As He Says

most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
124 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
43 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
177 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
91 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-26-2007, 12:51 PM         #1
11118 pageviews
18 comments

Birdmane 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Oct 26 - Maybe Donnie McClurkin Isn't As CURED From Homos3xuality As He Says

EXCLUSIVE: An Interview with Donnie McClurkin's Ex-Lover
Donnie McClurkin told the a.ssociated Press just this past Monday, October 22nd: "I don't believe that it is the intention of God. s3xuality, everything is a matter of choice."

From Donnie McClurkin's 2001 book Eternal Victim, Eternal Victor, he writes: "The abnormal use of my s3xuality continued until I came to realize that I was broken and that homos3xuality was not God's intention... for my masculinity."

McClurkin wrote on a Christian Web site in 2002: "I've been through this and have experienced God's power to change my lifestyle. I am delivered and I know God can deliver others, too."

The New York Times in 2002: ''Love is pulling you one way and lust is pulling you another and your relationship with Jesus is tearing you, tearing you,'' said Mr. McClurkin, who now counsels adolescent boys that homos3xuality is a choice they can overcome.

At the 2004 Republican National Convention: "There is a moral aspect that was overwhelmingly a part of Bush's appeal."

On the Christian Broadcasting Network's (Pat Robertson's organization) in 2004: "I'm not in the mood to play with those who are trying to k!ll our children."

In May 2005 McClurkin told Religion & Ethics Newsweekly: "There was a big 20-year gap of s3xual ambiguity where after the r*pe my desires were toward men, and I had to f!ght those things because I knew that it wasn't what we were taught in church was right. And the older I got, the more that became a problem, because those were the first two s3xual relationships that I had. Eight years old and 13 years old. So that's what I was molded into. And I fought that. When I tell you from eight to 28, that was my f!ght -- in the church. And you were in an environment where there were hidden, you know, vultures I call them."

….

As the controversy brews around Grammy Award winning gospel singer and mega church Pastor Donnie McClurkin joining Barack Obama's gospel concert tour, many people are questioning how can a so-called ex-gay can be part of the “Obama For Change” camp. Obama has said he strongly disagrees with McClurkin's beliefs. According to the a.ssociated Press, Obama was not aware of the anti-gay minister’s views on homos3xuality. As a balancing act, he has added a gay minister to the gospel tour lineup, but Donnie McClurkin remains.

Donnie McClurkin claims he was gay after s3xual abuse as a child, but with much struggle he managed to “pray the gay way”. Rhetoric that many people have found challenging to believe, especially considering the countless rumors erupting about his s3xual escapades. Nonetheless, I firmly believe one can be anti-gay, against gay marriage, against gay rights and still be gay. Meaning, you can fully hate yourself and that hate manifests in every part of your life. Senator Larry Craig, Ted Haggard and Mark Foley are not necessarily hypocrites; they are suffering from a toxic, and sometimes criminal, level of homophobia.

The story I heard in a face to face interview with someone who claims to be Donnie McClurkin’s ex-lover was one of sadness, s3xual deviance and scandal. He detailed in an hour and twenty minutes his relationship with the millionaire pastor, which I have on audio. He demands to remain anonymous being that he is tied to the gospel music industry and explains, “I can be blackballed by him.” For his professional and personal protection he will only go by the name of “Rob”.

This story is not to point out hypocrisies, which is a weak argument. Internalized homophobia might be the appropriate label, especially when they are fueled by corporations who are making their “leader” a millionaire. This story is to tell “Rob’s” truth and you can chose to believe it or not, but as he said staring straight in my eyes, “I know there’s more.” Insinuating he is not the only one who has had a s3xual relationship with the Reverend who bragged in 2002 that he now counsels young boys that homos3xuality is a choice they can overcome.

As you read, this story is making the rounds in the media outlets. I wonder—will the black church still expect him? Will they ignore his talent, accomplishments and inspiration he has given across the globe? Will the gospel community reject him because according to “Rob” he lied, or simply because he is gay? Will a stint in gay rehab, or a few public cries to Jesus redeem him? Can you still, after this interview, use an ex-gay status as a marketing ploy?

In this revealing interview "Rob" details his relationship, or as he described, "roller coaster ride" with the “We Fall Down” hit maker from 2001 to 2004, which is ironically during the height of McClurkin's anti-gay rants and calls for conversion. How they met, his status in the gospel industry, their s3x life, why he stayed and why they ended it. Plus, their last encounter in March 2007.

The full interview can not be made public, some things I had to leave out such as other artists in gospel who are gay, but have not made anti-gay rants. Also, a relationship with an R&B legend who, as “Rob” said, married a “bis3xual”, famous pastor. I only wanted to focus on the relationship with McClurkin and no one else. I am presenting a story for people to make up their own minds.

Disclaimer: This is not my opinion but alleged facts brought to my attention. The facts alleged in this article are the sole expressions from the interviewee and his experiences with the subject. ClayCane.net does not have any independent corroboration of the alleged facts as stated in this article.
the interview is to long if you want to read it click the link.

[pic - click to view]

http://claycane.blogspot. .. th-donnie.html

18 comments for "Oct 26 - Maybe Donnie McClurkin Isn't As CURED From Homosexuality As He Says"

10-26-2007, 01:53 PM         #2
lenear  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't know if I believe this or not. I think Donnie is gay though.
 10 years ago '05        #3
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,830 | Props total: 4096 4096
 From Da Future said:
this is why you keep your children away from religious lunatics.
Well, everybody (even Christians) knew this.
I'm a christian, but I don't think that it is right generalizing an entire group of people based on a select few.
Every religion, even Atheism, has its fanatics. So, you cannot bsed your perception of this entire group based on one guy who just so happens to go against what is taught in the religion (even though he's not the only one. All religions have hypocrites too).
 10 years ago '04        #4
youngtito2004 
space
space
$1,694 | Props total: 0 0
Dang...I never knew he was gay but he did have a messed up childhood...but I think that's a big thing that he said s3xuality is a matter of choice versus being born gay or straight...I'm sick of people saying that they were born gay when more than likely it is experiences from childhood or rebellion against their upbringing made them that way.......will the black church still accept him is a good question
 10 years ago '04        #5
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,793 | Props total: 1432 1432
 youngtito2004 said:
Dang...I never knew he was gay but he did have a messed up childhood...but I think that's a big thing that he said s3xuality is a matter of choice versus being born gay or straight...I'm sick of people saying that they were born gay when more than likely it is experiences from childhood or rebellion against their upbringing made them that way.......will the black church still accept him is a good question
i think if it was true, he would of provided more evidence about Donnie, alot of the statements were bold, like he would of been more descriptive, he obvisouly knew enough to go back to 2001. If this story is truth, then we all of fell short of the glory, and i think its between him and god. I think its hard to go from gay to straight just like that, im sure he had withdraws and such and it was hard, but its all between him and god, but i believe at the end of the day he knows what write and wrong and i hope he ulitmately chances.
 10 years ago '04        #6
praiseallah 
space
space
space
$250 | Props total: 76 76
its alotta gay men in church
 10 years ago '06        #7
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,850 | Props total: 25576 25576
 ThatBytch said:
donnie want some milk and cookies plain and simple

you wrong 4 dat one Bernie Mac is dat n*gga i said i want some milk and cookies
 10-27-2007, 12:51 PM         #8
jbudz420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that n*ggas gay aint no "pray the gay away" smh.
thats like saying if u force a straight dude like me to watch a 4 day will and grace marathon imma suck a d*ck.it just plain dont make no damn sense.but the one thing about the article and alot of the post i saw is just how hypocritical the religious world is.on one hand Christian's will say n*ggas who gay are going to hell then turn around and cheat on they wifes or be gay themselves.it just pisses me off that ppl aren't real about what they say they believe, thats why I've lost almost all my respect for organized religions in america.i dont think u get to cherry pick what stuff outta the book u wanna follow its an all or nothing thing.a perfect example of this is Islam, pretty much every Muslim i have ever met is devote, they follow the Koran to the letter and i can respect that even tho i may disagree with a lot they have to say.overall im just saying whatever backwards a.ss belief's you have atleast follow them up with the actions that ur holy doctrine teaches.now rejoice intelligence has spoken
 10 years ago '06        #9
introspekt757 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,749 | Props total: 62 62
Hmm, biased/misleading article. Here's My thoughts on it. . .
...Yes, Donnie McClurkin was gay. Do we know if he is? No! So whether the interviewee's allegations are true is btw Donnie, the person interviewed & God. If you are not Christian then this article shouldn't even affect you. Should Donnie be on tour w/gay pastors. In my opinion no, how can you align yourself with something you openly contradict & admittedly previously struggled with. As for the issue of gays going to hell. That depends on your definition of Christianity. If you are a born-again Christian then you believe acceptance of Christ will allow you to go to Heaven and just b/c you are gay doesn't mean you will go to hell. If you are a Catholic, Episcopal, Southern Baptist, etc then Homos3xuality is grounds for going to Hell since it's an abomination. I think I read once, Donnie McClurkin is a Born-Again Christian, if true then theroetically (not morally) he could be a homos3xual & Christian at the same time.
 jbudz420 said:
but the one thing about the article and alot of the post i saw is just how hypocritical the religious world is.on one hand Christian's will say n*ggas who gay are going to hell then turn around and cheat on they wifes or be gay themselves.it just pisses me off that ppl aren't real about what they say they believe, thats why I've lost almost all my respect for organized religions in america.
It's sad that you've met such poor representations of Christianity in America. Even more sad is the generalizations your experiences have allowed you to make. Let me just say no Christian is perfect. Not T.D. Jakes, Billy Graham, Pat Robertson etc. The intent of Christianity is to be Christlike not Christ. So it's possible to sin while still being Christian. We all have struggles and inclinations some stronger than others. To say just b/c a person has been a homos3xual or done homos3xual acts they are stuck in that deviant behavior is ludicrous. It's no different then the belief blacks are lazy & steal or that all Native Americans are drunks. We are imperfect people in an imperfect land trying to serve a perfect Creator. Judge a man from his intent not his attempts.

Last edited by introspekt757; 10-27-2007 at 01:14 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #10
jshinn05 
space
space
space
$206 | Props total: 0 0
 youngtito2004 said:
If what you said was true then not that many people would be gay just like Donnie if he could just choose to be gay or not then he could just tell himself Im not gay anymore and those feelings wouldnt arise anymore for men I mean if you were straight and chose to be gay then why would have desires for men at all if you were actually straight from birth. Not everybody whose gay has had a bad experience in their childhood they are just gay I just think people need to stop worrying about gay people in general I really dont know why people care if gay people are married or not or if they are even gay.

that n*ggas gay aint no "pray the gay away" smh.
thats like saying if u force a straight dude like me to watch a 4 day will and grace marathon imma suck a d*ck.it just plain dont make no damn sense.but the one thing about the article and alot of the post i saw is just how hypocritical the religious world is.on one hand Christian's will say n*ggas who gay are going to hell then turn around and cheat on they wifes or be gay themselves.it just pisses me off that ppl aren't real about what they say they believe, thats why I've lost almost all my respect for organized religions in america.i dont think u get to cherry pick what stuff outta the book u wanna follow its an all or nothing thing.a perfect example of this is Islam, pretty much every Muslim i have ever met is devote, they follow the Koran to the letter and i can respect that even tho i may disagree with a lot they have to say.overall im just saying whatever backwards a.ss belief's you have atleast follow them up with the actions that ur holy doctrine teaches.now rejoice intelligence has spoken
I agree with you Christianity and alot of religion in general leads to hypocrisy because they preach one thing and are held up to a higher standard and then you find out that they are the ones doing exactly what they preach against and I would think that somebody like Donnie McClurkin who was "gay before but not now" (still up for debate I think he's still gay) would have more sympathy for those who are gay and actually show them compassion because he knows what they are going through not bash them all the time sounds like he's just hating who he really is.

Last edited by jshinn05; 10-27-2007 at 01:16 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #11
Santo 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,135 | Props total: 1 1
Cured from homos3xuality? There's a cure? Oh wow.
 10 years ago '06        #12
introspekt757 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,749 | Props total: 62 62
 jshinn05 said:
I agree with you Christianity and alot of religion in general leads to hypocrisy because they preach one thing and are held up to a higher standard and then you find out that they are the ones doing exactly what they preach against and I would think that somebody like Donnie McClurkin who was "gay before but not now" (still up for debate I think he's still gay) would have more sympathy for those who are gay and actually show them compassion because he knows what they are going through not bash them all the time sounds like he's just hating who he really is.
I think the problem is Donnie as a public figure is trying to live up to world's standards instead of God's standards in that regard. Alot of people, Christians & Non-Christians alike, are quick to throw the 1st stone. For example if your a recovering alcohol & someone brings liquor around you will distance yourself from those people if you truly don't want to be that anymore. This effect is magnified a hundred-fold on the celebrity level. Donnie can't just say it's wrong to be gay, we expect him to completely go against homos3xuality. Because like you even admitted, even if Donnie say's, "I'm Not Gay," your still gonna think he is. So to prove he's not gay in the public eye Donnie has to show he's anti-gay on the verge of hating gays just make himself appear straight and even then the public will say that's not enough.
 Santo said:
Cured from homos3xuality? There's a cure? Oh wow.
If you can be straight and turn gay you can be gay and turn straight, not saying you won't struggle with it but it is possible.

Last edited by introspekt757; 10-27-2007 at 01:36 PM..
 10-27-2007, 03:22 PM         #13
King Juels  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Who is Jesus Christ?... I think the answer is in the signature.
 10-27-2007, 03:44 PM         #14
iThink  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ThatBytch said:
donnie want some milk and cookies plain and simple

I have zero hope in the public representation of Christians...I'm a Christian...I'm proud of it...I'm just not proud of the people who jump at the chance to be able to publically represent our religion.

I refuse to pass judgment on Donnie McClurkin or anyone for that matter...I just think he's surrounded by too many hypocrites to be able to properly work out the issues that should remain BETWEEN HIMSELF AND GOD.
 10 years ago '04        #15
Kadroan 102 heat pts102
space
space
$33,408 | Props total: 6375 6375
yeah i think dude is str8. i used to think he was gay until i knew the whole story but the dude is renewed with god but i think he just want to make christianity more mainstream
 10 years ago '04        #16
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,286 | Props total: 11209 11209
damn jesus kids...
 10 years ago '06        #17
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
It is unfair to generalize Christianity as being more or less hypocritical than any other form of religion or power in This World. We are living in a hypocritical nation and hypocrisy began way before the U.S. of A.

Yes, it is sad to see that we have so many hypocritical leaders and even sadder to see how many blind there followers are. I'm not even talking about Donnie McClurkin.

For example purposes only, lets just say Donnie is lying to everyone and essentially not practicing what he preaches. So, what. Let Donnie lie then. Donnie has to face God one day and explain it.

Yes, he should be held accountable for his actions here on Earth. Will I judge him, no.

Donnie's job is to convey a message. The Word of God. Simple as that. I am a Christian and believe that ministers are here to spread that Word and interpret it so that everyone who will listen has a better understanding of it after they've heard it.

I also believe that it is up to the individual to Decide whether or not that Word is the Word for you. Ministers are human beings. Human beings sin.We were born into sin and will be sinners until there are no longer human beings on this earth.

I have been taught to take the message interpreted to me and/or read for myself, and apply it to MY life. At this point, Donnie doesn't matter any more. He stopped being important in my conquest to Heaven, after he helped me with the message. Donnie did his job, and it is up to me to decide what I will do with what I've learned.

This is what gets people in trouble. They follow the human being, thinking that they will get them to Heaven. Not seeing the fact that, that same human being has his or her own struggle to get to salvation.

You have to walk your own path.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
44 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
94 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
56 comments
20 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
73 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
93 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
130 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy