Oct 26 - Latino Gangs Tried To 'CLEANSE' Los Angeles Of Black People

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
63 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
272 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
88 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-26-2007, 12:43 PM         #1
12177 pageviews
218 comments

Birdmane 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Oct 26 - Latino Gangs Tried To 'CLEANSE' Los Angeles Of Black People

A south Los Angeles Latino street gang targeted African-American gang rivals and other blacks in a campaign of neighborhood "cleansing," federal prosecutors say. Alleged leaders and foot soldiers in the Hispanic gang Florencia 13, also called F13, are being arraigned this week on charges stemming from a pair of federal indictments that allege that the gang kept a tight grip on its turf by shooting members of a rival gang—and sometimes random black civilians. The "most disturbing aspect" of the federal charges was that "innocent citizens … ended up being shot simply because of the color of their skin," U.S. Attorney Thomas O'Brien told reporters in announcing the indictments.

No one is sure what started the war between F13 and the black gang known as the East Coast Crips in the Florence-Firestone area of unincorporated L.A. County. Simple neighborhood demographic shifts played a role, as formerly black areas have become majority-Latino. The two gangs are also rivals in the lucrative drug trade. Much of the F13 indictments lay out a conspiracy alleging that gang members controlled drug houses where they sold large amounts of cocaine, crack and methamphetamine. Some say the k!llings began after the Crips pulled a large drug heist against F13 several years ago. Whatever the causes, L.A. Sheriff's Department statistics chart the war's violent toll: 80 gang-related shootings in the past three years, including 20 murders.

The federal charges name 61 alleged F13 members in two indictments. The gang-violence charges came in a 53-count RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations) indictment against 24 alleged gang leaders, charging them in a conspiracy to sell drugs, possess weapons illegally, and a.ssault and k!ll black gang members and civilians. In the second indictment prosecutors charged the rest of the men on federal drug-distribution charges. More than 40 of the defendants pleaded not guilty at arraignments Tuesday, according to prosecutors. Michael Khouri, an attorney for Luis Aguilar, 35, says his client left the gang "several years ago" and served recently as a gang negotiator. "Mr. Aguilar will plead not guilty, and he is not guilty," says Khouri. Fifteen of the accused remain fugitives.

The indictments provide a telling snapshot of the changing nature of gangs in south L.A. According to federal prosecutors, F13 has grown into a tightly controlled gang of 2,000 members in 30 cliques led by convicts and parolees who are members of the prison-based Mexican mafia. It's a far cry from the '80s, when the black drug gangs, including the Crips and the Bloods, predominated, mining the crack epidemic with ruthless efficiency. Compared with looser Latino gangs that were seen as turf-conscious f!ghters, the black gangs were organized and disciplined. "The stereotype was that [the black gangs] were all about the [drug] business," says gang researcher Cheryl Maxson, an a.ssociate professor of criminology at University of California, Irvine. With the black gangs, "there was a millionaire in every neighborhood" perched at the top of the crack distribution pyramid, adds gang expert, who edits streetgangs.com.

Now it's the Latino drug gangs that seem tighter and more highly controlled. "The Hispanic gangs like F13 were incredibly regulated, from the street level to the leadership in the prisons," says Olivia Rosales, a hard-core gangs prosecutor for the L.A. district attorney's office who prosecuted F13 and Crips homicide cases for two years. She now heads one of the DA's satellite offices. "The East Coast Crips weren't as organized."

Top-down organization in F13 aided the a.ssaults on black gangsters. The federal indictments charge that Mexican mafia leaders "make sure that all the F13 cliques were participating in the a.ssaults of African-American rival gang members." But the a.ssaults went beyond rival gangs; they "target[ed] African-American individuals for a.ssault," according to the indictment. Gang leaders even allegedly instructed foot soldiers in how to hunt blacks in the most efficient manner, the feds maintain. A wiretap cited in the RICO indictment reveals that one gang leader allegedly told an underling that "when he went looking for African-Americans to shoot, only a driver and a shooter were needed."
if you want to read the second page just goto hit the link.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.newsweek.com/id/61950

218 comments for "Oct 26 - Latino Gangs Tried To 'CLEANSE' Los Angeles Of Black People"

10 years ago '04        #2
ShadyGirl420 
space
space
$1,565 | Props total: 2 2
and they talk about white people bein racist
 10-26-2007, 01:00 PM         #3
SignalSoldier  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man if ppl of color cant get along with each other when its the ppl of color that has majority now......then we are truly doomed.
 10 years ago '06        #4
daproblem98 
space
space
$967 | Props total: 0 0
Man WTF....
 10-26-2007, 01:14 PM         #5
ElMarroAfamado  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
as long as the govt and higher powers refuse to give a fu*k about sh*t like this going on the hood, sad sh*t like this is gonna keep on happening.....
"urban terrorism" is alive and kickin

10-26-2007, 01:19 PM         #6
built4haters  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WTF!!!!wow..i mean they cant put a place liek cali on blast about gang sh*t..cuz over there its liek way of life..one block is full of hispanics the next is all black..its jus how it is..
 10-26-2007, 01:37 PM         #7
Doc D  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man, I'd k!ll those fu*king latinos before they ever get at me in cali
 10-26-2007, 01:44 PM         #8
ldogg318  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats some bullsh*t. police just be tryin to turn muthafukkas against each other. they try to say the same sh*t in houston but if you really bang you know its much more deeper than race. black and latino gangs do business together daily like clockwork in the hood. those two gangs probably beefin over money or territory. i love how the headline makes it look like some kind of race war.
 10-26-2007, 01:55 PM         #9
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SignalSoldier said:
Man if ppl of color cant get along with each other when its the ppl of color that has majority now......then we are truly doomed.
every person is a person of colour
 10 years ago '05        #10
youngspizz05 
space
space
$991 | Props total: 5 5
fu*k them LONGOS ....they always be starting sh*t and k!llin innocent black people for nuthin...i know because they do that bullsh*t in long beach around where i live...
 10-26-2007, 01:59 PM         #11
Steveo54  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yall people blaming the gov. and police for this sh*t are dumb. People are racist without any government intervention, and they are k!lling each other off at a fast pace. sh*t is fu*ked up, but yall act like the cops aint throwing half of these bi*ches in jail
 10 years ago '04        #12
MiamiDade 55 heat pts55
space
space
$14,355 | Props total: 690 690
geez....good thing that sh*t is in LA...down here in Miami, the chicos & n*ggas get along just fine
 10 years ago '04        #13
Blazze One 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,230 | Props total: 13 13
 ldogg318 said:
thats some bullsh*t. police just be tryin to turn muthafukkas against each other. they try to say the same sh*t in houston but if you really bang you know its much more deeper than race. black and latino gangs do business together daily like clockwork in the hood. those two gangs probably beefin over money or territory. i love how the headline makes it look like some kind of race war.
Thats tru to a certain extint, but sometimes there is conflicts wit blks and latinos. We used to have riots often at my skool over that sh*t. I remember gettin my car shot the fu*k up juss for rollin thru a hispanic hood at nite. Its sad cuz we got thru the same struggle yet we beef wit each other every so often.
 10 years ago '04        #14
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,252 | Props total: 12 12
Without Martin Luther King Jr.,Malcolm X, and the other influential black people they wouldn't be here
 10 years ago '05        #15
Killaaj 
space
space
$2,368 | Props total: 64 64
See in reality this is not good for latinos... I mean black men are trying to get there act together but this is tempting cause dudes wanna get back... But as u can tell like i all ways say, In the hood n*ggas worried about money... Not race but money... And when u get in between that money But im telling u that some dudes goin start robbin latinos and thats goin lead to something elese in which most people dont wanna hear or see

And :finger: U too people who said before it was only one group of people targeting blacks when its a gang wit hella members... ALL I KNOW I AINT LET ANY ONE TAKE OVER MY HOOD... THATS REAL TALK
 10 years ago '05        #16
Killaaj 
space
space
$2,368 | Props total: 64 64
 ldogg318 said:

Thats true too... But u gotta analysis situations in the hood cause when we mess with some latinos we bundled up... Plus it goes back to money cause jealousy is everywhere and races sometimes tend to stick together.. Also u gotta think like they think,, The more black people we get the more money out here for us... THATS WHY I DONT SLIP
 10 years ago '06        #17
I hug the strip 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,099 | Props total: 434 434
 Triple6Raidr305 said:
geez....good thing that sh*t is in LA...down here in Miami, the chicos & n*ggas get along just fine
hell to the fuk nah we dont black ppl dont like us we dont like them
what part of dade u from
everybody is racist in this world everybody
 10-26-2007, 02:28 PM         #18
CapoGambino305  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I bet Al-Queda put em up too that
 10-26-2007, 02:29 PM         #19
Silver N Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Some say the k!llings began after the Crips pulled a large drug heist against F13 several years ago.
^^^^
IMO I think that's what caused the beef to happen in the streets, after that incident you couldn't read a news site that didn't have a f!ght between Blacks and Mexicans in the schools. Now it's on the streets, when it was only happening in the prisons.
 10 years ago '04        #20
Thepeoplerunnin 
space
space
space
$4,208 | Props total: 0 0
CLOSE THE fu*kING BOARDER!!!!!!!!!!

but if you do that i guess your a racist republican..............
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
62 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy