Can someone explain this Joe Budden/Ransom Beef?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
36 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
21 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 10-26-2007, 02:25 PM         #21
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 2meo said:
Exactly, there is a reason people like Nas and Jay don't respond to certain people, not cause they would get beat just because there is no point in it, no reason Cass ain't see a reason to battle Budden, that would be like backtrackin in his career
Thank you. This sh*t is a waste of time. It's sad that groupies are eating this sh*t up like Joey gonna drop another album and Ransom gettin signed to Def Jam.
 10 years ago '05        #22
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
there's two ways you can look at this......

you can look at it from the more nieve point of view and think it's real......if someone is talking sh*t about you, are you going to just chill or are you going to respond??? exactly.........i'm not going to let some guy, no matter how 'irrelavant' he is, talk sh*t about me and not say anything.........

then you can look at it the way i do............it's planned........i just think it's too convienent that Ran drops at 10, Joey drops like 4 hours later, then Ran the next day, then Joey like 8 hours later.........plus there's the fact MM3 and Ransom Note 2 or whatever it is are both coming out soon (supposedly)..........

i really just think it's to get some buzz.......

and to the dude who said the internet doesn't help sales........the more people who are talking about you, the more people a record label is going to view as 'potential buyers'........someone who has a catchy song that's known around NY and nobody anywhere else talks to him might get a record deal, but someone who has a catchy song around NY and has 100,000 hits on Youtube/Google is going to get more money than the first guy.......

it's not all about selling records directly, it's all about promotion.......
 10-26-2007, 03:01 PM         #23
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daliff89 said:
there's two ways you can look at this......

you can look at it from the more nieve point of view and think it's real......if someone is talking sh*t about you, are you going to just chill or are you going to respond??? exactly.........i'm not going to let some guy, no matter how 'irrelavant' he is, talk sh*t about me and not say anything.........

then you can look at it the way i do............it's planned........i just think it's too convienent that Ran drops at 10, Joey drops like 4 hours later, then Ran the next day, then Joey like 8 hours later.........plus there's the fact MM3 and Ransom Note 2 or whatever it is are both coming out soon (supposedly)..........

i really just think it's to get some buzz.......

and to the dude who said the internet doesn't help sales........the more people who are talking about you, the more people a record label is going to view as 'potential buyers'........someone who has a catchy song that's known around NY and nobody anywhere else talks to him might get a record deal, but someone who has a catchy song around NY and has 100,000 hits on Youtube/Google is going to get more money than the first guy.......

it's not all about selling records directly, it's all about promotion.......
With the slew of rappers out here on the internet, has anyone gone anywhere? What seperates Ransom and Joe Budden from some dude on soundclick right now, other than the fact that he has a message board behind him?
 10 years ago '04        #24
2meo 
space
space
$3,001 | Props total: 0 0
 luda06 said:
Thank you. This sh*t is a waste of time. It's sad that groupies are eating this sh*t up like Joey gonna drop another album and Ransom gettin signed to Def Jam.
haha yeah, seriously though did the black album drop before or after Joe Budden? if after that would mean Jay dropped an album retired and came back and dropped 2 albums before Joe even brought put his second sh*t haha damn Joe needs to drop two albums next year
 10 years ago '05        #25
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
 luda06 said:
With the slew of rappers out here on the internet, has anyone gone anywhere? What seperates Ransom and Joe Budden from some dude on soundclick right now, other than the fact that he has a message board behind him?
has anyone gone anywhere??

you know how singer Cassie got signed?? MySpace.......there's peoples' vids on YouTube getting thousands of hits a day........there's peoples' songs on MySpace getting thousands of hits a day......

if it wasn't for the internet, alot of the people who listen to mixtapes wouldn't be able to get said mixtapes........i know for a fact there's nowhere within 50 miles of me that sells mixtapes that aren't local, yet i still hear people bumping Whoo Kid, Big Mike, and Drama sh*t all the time.......

if it wasn't for the internet, alot of these underground dudes from Philly/NY/Houston/etc. wouldn't be known widely outside of their city.....

i mean, the internet might not get you hundreds of thousands of concert goers screaming your lyrics back at you, but it's damn sure getting people publicity.........there's how many people here??? that's tons of people every day seeing your name, they all might not listen, but they're seeing your name, and sometimes that's enough........

that's a basic element of advertising, getting your name out there......
 10 years ago '07        #26
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
It's funny how n*ggas try to downplay the internet when their on the sh*t themselves. It makes zero sense. How the fu*k do you think the whole Soulja Boy sh*t popped off? Mims? Cassie? So what they are all wack. The sh*t worked for them so of course other artists are going to try to use the internet to help them promote. fu*k is wrong with you n*ggas?
 10 years ago '04        #27
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,991 | Props total: 1347 1347
lmao @ everyone in here talkin bout "but thas not gonna get you a deal...."

or

"labels not gonna sign you!"

well, here's my question.
how many of ya'll have record deals?

exactly.
cus if it was that fu*king easy, you all would.
you dumb fu*ks.

leave that sh*t to the rappers.
i'm sure they know FARRRRRRRR more then you about appealing to labels and getting deals.

damn, everybody and they mom got a fu*kin' opinion now a days.

BUDDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >
 10 years ago '06        #28
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 luda06 said:
Sparring usually happens when rappers are on the same track. It's kinda hard to see how this is sparring when two artists are taking personal jabs at each other on separate tracks.

Dropping a subliminal aint even in the same ballpark as this sh*t. This is more like two bi*ches arguing over who get more d*ck.

lmao you're pretty stupid tbh

ransom dissed him so budden responded..that's it

since when can rappers only diss eachother to benefit from it and get a deal? moron
 10 years ago '06        #29
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
btw MONDAY 10PM, SIRIUS RADIO, Green Lantern's show - Joe Budden

be sure to tune in :)
 10 years ago '04        #30
AnthonyCruz 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,828 | Props total: 2 2
Hate to say it..... but it's true. No one knows who Ransom is. Only n*ggas on SOHH, AHH and Boxden and some other message boards. Basically n*ggas online. You could holla at some of your n*ggas who dont post on hip hop boards and they wouldn't even know who Ransom is. It's only internet n*ggas gettin hyped about it. sh*ts kind of pathetic if you really think about it. n*ggas are saying "Budden ended Ransom's career" what career?
 10-27-2007, 11:14 AM         #31
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AnthonyCruz said:
Hate to say it..... but it's true. No one knows who Ransom is. Only n*ggas on SOHH, AHH and Boxden and some other message boards. Basically n*ggas online. You could holla at some of your n*ggas who dont post on hip hop boards and they wouldn't even know who Ransom is. It's only internet n*ggas gettin hyped about it. sh*ts kind of pathetic if you really think about it. n*ggas are saying "Budden ended Ransom's career" what career?
What? If you from the Jersey/Philly/NY area you should know who Ransom is, so you can add that to the messageboard fans

But since when has Ransom ever been an "internet rapper" anyway
 10-27-2007, 11:21 AM         #32
DJ sWiFt  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this beef is pointless if you ask me

currently both artists have NO DEAL...

if it wasnt for the net nobody would know who these 2 n*ggas are...unless u from NY/NY/PHI......budden is a one hit wonder that's the #1 example of "jay jerkin n*ggas" when u go google it....never popped on def jam....this n*gga hypin up MM3 like its a fu*kin album and sh*t....

ransom's claim to fame was the dj clue tapes...a-team, ect...no deal...no album... its really a void on both..

if u look at the beef none of these n*ggas have nothing valid to say.....

i'd give +1 point to joe kus outta all the bars both these n*ggas spit he said one valid point.... "lets do it for stack together"

Last edited by DJ sWiFt; 10-27-2007 at 11:23 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #33
micseles 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,780 | Props total: 4266 4266
its simple really. this is about pride. before these disses, there were some people who were starting to believe that ransom was on joes level. check tha threads about tha family tree cut on fabs album. sometimes its not about career advancement, deals, money at all itsa about pride in what you do, and for who you are. these two are rappers and joey not so much ran has shown that he loves what he does, money involved or not. so being a rapper when someone test your medal as a rapper you respond. you think eminem from a career standpoint really needed to respond to people like benzino, insane clown posse, or everlast. its about pride in your craft. hopefully whatever the thread starter does for a living or as a passionate hobby u take enough pride in to defend your position when challenged
 10 years ago '07        #34
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
I'm still amazed @ how many n*ggas are saying "their unsigned". So the fu*k what. So you can only battle when your signed? From reading some of these responses I can tell that some of yall n*ggas don't know sh*t about rap.
 10 years ago '06        #35
kat717 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,538 | Props total: 31 31
 krzyboilace said:
the point is to get forums talking about it like so......and budden is using it as mm3 promotion that simple
Then he needs to get on that "Talk of The Streets" DVD that I hit him up about.
 11-10-2007, 03:40 PM         #36
DaInfamous  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
who knows.
 9 years ago '08        #37
F.R.E.S.H. 
space
space
$223 | Props total: 99 99
Everybodies a k!ller but everybodies alive
When shots pop off everybody wont survive
Its obvious who will prevail if we collide
So I aint beefin with Ran, he's beefin with his pride

It's k!llin him inside, wanna box then I son him
Six years on mixtapes and Koch dont want him
Say your fingers on a trigga n*gga pull it then
Instead of beggin for bread on these myspace bulletins
Might put him with the fishes and the lobsters
You online talkin to my *****es' imposters
Talkin' bout my baby moms and son wont help
This brother need a beatin, Im takin off my belt
Call the king a sidekick, thats suicide with the quickness
Gotta k!ll my own dog, thats Mike vick sh*t
Your girl home sufferin from light sickness
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
146 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
143 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago