Can someone explain this Joe Budden/Ransom Beef?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
60 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
101 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-26-2007, 11:13 AM         #1
6249 pageviews
36 comments

luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can someone explain this Joe Budden/Ransom Beef?

I don't care how it started but seriously neither one of these dude's career gonna pop off from this. They're both homeless when it comes to major record labels, haven't dropped any albums or anything to get recognized nationwide.

It's sad as fu*k I only know of Ransom by surfing the internet. If I ask my friends if they know who Budden is, they'll say he did Pump it up. How many years ago was that sh*t? image Shyne bout to be out by the time this dude drops another record on the airwaves.

My question really is, how will any of these dude's benefit from this "beef"? Nobody's shooting at each other, nobody's career's popping off from this.. where's the logic behind all of this? It's like two bums scrapping for what?

36 comments for "Can someone explain this Joe Budden/Ransom Beef?"

10 years ago '04        #2
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,271 | Props total: 2842 2842
Its funny cuz the be honest I barely.. ever heard Ransom rap.. I heard like 1 verse my whole life.. I think it was on some Joe Buddens sh*t..
And when I first heard of the beef they was like Joe Budden responding to Ran(lol @ the thought of this guy actually having a nickname... I ain't know who they were referring too) Kid Brother.. I ain't know what the fu*k was going on.. I was like... why is Budden's dissing his kid brother..

I've done my fair share of hatin on Joe Buddens, but MM2 was a great mixtape... but this beef.. I don't even care to listen to any of it..
 10-26-2007, 11:19 AM         #3
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CTre said:
Its funny cuz the be honest I barely.. ever heard Ransom rap.. I heard like 1 verse my whole life.. I think it was on some Joe Buddens sh*t..
And when I first heard of the beef they was like Joe Budden responding to Ran(lol @ the thought of this guy actually having a nickname... I ain't know who they were referring too) Kid Brother.. I ain't know what the fu*k was going on.. I was like... why is Budden's dissing his kid brother..

I've done my fair share of hatin on Joe Buddens, but MM2 was a great mixtape... but this beef.. I don't even care to listen to any of it..
I'm not sayin Budden is wack, but this sh*t is just pointless to me. I can't believe Joe feels threatened by some guy nobody knows. Let's me know where his career is at.
 10-26-2007, 11:25 AM         #4
krzyboilace  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the point is to get forums talking about it like so......and budden is using it as mm3 promotion that simple
 10-26-2007, 11:26 AM         #5
krzyboilace  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and plus its hip hop battle raps happen
 10-26-2007, 11:27 AM         #6
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 krzyboilace said:
the point is to get forums talking about it like so......and budden is using it as mm3 promotion that simple
The internet hasn't proven to boost anyone's sales. Probably boost muhfu*kas leeching your sh*t.
 10-26-2007, 11:39 AM         #7
krzyboilace  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 luda06 said:
The internet hasn't proven to boost anyone's sales. Probably boost muhfu*kas leeching your sh*t.
but you have to think about it he's a free agent he has mm3 coming out which is a huge demo the more people talking about it and the more hands thats on it means the more labels are gonna pay joe at the end
 10-26-2007, 11:41 AM         #8
krzyboilace  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so if a label researches his hits on myspace how much people talked about his bars on this diss how much forums that talked about him how much he got searched in google on youtube etc. that helps so at the end of the day it does kinda boost sells to the people that still buy albums
 10 years ago '04        #9
syxx2001 
space
space
$2,809 | Props total: 168 168
They arent doing it to benefit from it...smh...they are doing it because its what they do. When a n*gga like 50 actually attempts to benefit from a beef n*ggas run around the internet from board to board talking about "lets go back to the essence when battles were battles and you wanted to see who was the better rapper". Now its obvious who the better rapper is since the disses are 2 to 2, so why do they need to benefit from the beef? Why do they need to use beef as part of their promo plan??
 10-26-2007, 11:48 AM         #10
krzyboilace  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 syxx2001 said:
They arent doing it to benefit from it...smh...they are doing it because its what they do. When a n*gga like 50 actually attempts to benefit from a beef n*ggas run around the internet from board to board talking about "lets go back to the essence when battles were battles and you wanted to see who was the better rapper". Now its obvious who the better rapper is since the disses are 2 to 2, so why do they need to benefit from the beef? Why do they need to use beef as part of their promo plan??
but you have to think why even put the sh*t on wax.......cause if im beefin wit a n*gga imma see him face to face if its music then we get it in with bars
 10-26-2007, 01:21 PM         #11
TRiL  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
First of all this sh*t isn't "Beef". These n*ggas are lyrically sparring with one another. When the fu*k did that become a bad part of hip hop? This sh*t has been going on since the beginning of time. Everything isn't a gimmick n*gga. You are a huge Jay-Z nut hugger. That n*gga is subliminal as fu*k. At least these n*ggas are actually saying each other's name instead of being subliminal about it. This isn't going to benefit either one of them, but TRUE hip hop heads will know which one is more skilled on the mic when this sh*t is all done. I wish n*ggas would stop trying to eliminate the battle side of rap.
 10 years ago '04        #12
Thirdeye 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,208 | Props total: 4 4
 TRiL said:
First of all this sh*t isn't "Beef". These n*ggas are lyrically sparring with one another. When the fu*k did that become a bad part of hip hop? This sh*t has been going on since the beginning of time. Everything isn't a gimmick n*gga. You are a huge Jay-Z nut hugger. That n*gga is subliminal as fu*k. At least these n*ggas are actually saying each other's name instead of being subliminal about it. This isn't going to benefit either one of them, but TRUE hip hop heads will know which one is more skilled on the mic when this sh*t is all done. I wish n*ggas would stop trying to eliminate the battle side of rap.

listen to this n*gga...it's just a rap battle.why not take it for what it is?
 10 years ago '07        #13
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
Luda06= The biggest Jigga d*ck rider in history. Thread should be deleted asap.
 10 years ago '07        #14
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space
$9,617 | Props total: 5471 5471
word, i think its just a friendly battle between the 2.

theres 2 different styles involved, so whoevers a Ran fan will stay a Ran fan, whoevers a Budden fan will stay a Budden fan............its not hurting them, but it may actually get them attention

not a bad idea.......(people are starting to see their lyrical abilities), if u like 50, u might like Ransom....

if u like lyrics and punchlines and sh*t, u will obviously like Joey

Last edited by Pos; 10-26-2007 at 01:31 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #15
Jigga0o7 
space
space
$6,880 | Props total: 0 0
 Bruce Leeroy said:
Luda06= The biggest Jigga d*ck rider in history. Thread should be deleted asap.
Thanks for contributing to the thread.

Anyways.

Joey k!lled Ransom simple and plain. You could tell that dude has nothin on Joey cuz he kept on repeating all of that "you slept on my floor" "shoulda let them stomp your head in" sh*t and I think that's all he's got in him. I'm sure he'll start reachin for somethin else in the next diss, but he'll end up the "Mr. Fantastic (stop reachin)" tip.
 10 years ago '04        #16
2meo 
space
space
$3,001 | Props total: 0 0
 luda06 said:
I'm not sayin Budden is wack, but this sh*t is just pointless to me. I can't believe Joe feels threatened by some guy nobody knows. Let's me know where his career is at.

Exactly, there is a reason people like Nas and Jay don't respond to certain people, not cause they would get beat just because there is no point in it, no reason Cass ain't see a reason to battle Budden, that would be like backtrackin in his career

Last edited by 2meo; 10-26-2007 at 02:03 PM..
 10 years ago '07        #17
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
 Jigga0o7 said:
Thanks for contributing to the thread.
Yea you're welcome. On another note
 10 years ago '05        #18
bklyn 
space
space
$3,749 | Props total: 1699 1699
budden said he doesnt care about the money
he just wants to make his music
 10-26-2007, 02:23 PM         #19
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TRiL said:
Sparring usually happens when rappers are on the same track. It's kinda hard to see how this is sparring when two artists are taking personal jabs at each other on separate tracks.

Dropping a subliminal aint even in the same ballpark as this sh*t. This is more like two bi*ches arguing over who get more d*ck.
 10-26-2007, 02:23 PM         #20
newport shortz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
When in doubt in your next career move in Hip Hop start a beef...
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy