Jay-Z - American Gangster (2007)

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
141 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
119 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
72 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What did you think of American Gangster?
Garbage 31 4.99%
Below average 21 3.38%
Decent 97 15.62%
Excellent 231 37.20%
Classic 241 38.81%
Voters: 621. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11-05-2007, 02:41 PM         #141
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mszomola said:
i was initially impressed , but a week into this album im tired of it ....

i dont want to listen to any of the tracks ever again .....

i think i only ran through the whole album about 3 times ...... so thats lack of longevity for you ... this one will come and go fast , it already has for me
I've listened to it about 11 times, it has gotten better & better. I guess thats just me though.
 10 years ago '04        #142
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 293 293
 `·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ said:
I've listened to it about 11 times, it has gotten better & better. I guess thats just me though.
Same here.
 10 years ago '05        #143
Left Hook 28 heat pts28 OP
space
space
$13,334 | Props total: 1674 1674
 mszomola said:
i was initially impressed , but a week into this album im tired of it ....

i dont want to listen to any of the tracks ever again .....

i think i only ran through the whole album about 3 times ...... so thats lack of longevity for you ... this one will come and go fast , it already has for me
 `·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ said:
I've listened to it for more than 15 times. It's not just you, it does get better at every listen..
 11-05-2007, 11:59 PM         #144
jfairman15 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm gon put it like this i knew by hearin the title to the album before it came out that it was goin to be a classic. Then when i got the webrip i got into it and knew jay k!lled it. Ever since i got the retail last tuesday it has not came out my cd player the cd is a full classic. Anyone who is hatin on jay sh*t ya'll must not know what good music is.
 11-06-2007, 08:49 AM         #145
jutnice 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im listenen to it right now all of jays album seem to get better after you listen to them over and over again cause thats the only way you really hear it
 11-06-2007, 10:56 AM         #146
divine5 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
One of the best albums of all time. They will have college classes about this one day.
 10 years ago '05        #147
ACEMAN 
space
space
$2,361 | Props total: 0 0
At 1st listen I didnt like the album at all....but me being me i gave it a 2nd listen...and its beginning to grow on me now....i like how jay had the producers sample tracks dat had a certain feel to them...dat was genious to me....its impossible to say any track on the cd is wack becuz its not just a song...its like a chapter n a novel....like a movie u envisioning with ur minds....so i grew to like the album and i went and copped it cuz Jay impressed me enuff to want to cop
 11-06-2007, 05:34 PM         #148
large632 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I am not a big Jay fanny anymore his first couple of albums were hard but after that he went to pop for my taste. I don't see what the big deal around this album is.
 11-06-2007, 05:35 PM         #149
large632 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 divine5 said:
One of the best albums of all time. They will have college classes about this one day.
I disagree, i think its ok but no the greaters reasonable doubt was 10 time better than this album.
 10 years ago '04        #150
Balla B 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,192 | Props total: 81 81
This is Easily at Least Jay's 4th best album behind Reasonable Doubt, BluePrint, and The Black Album
 11-06-2007, 09:10 PM         #151
snowcat69 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 large632 said:
I disagree, i think its ok but no the greaters reasonable doubt was 10 time better than this album.
yea i know i think a classic is when every single track is fire, now AG has some really great songs maybe if he took hello brooklyn and put DP3 he would of have a classic
 10 years ago '07        #152
PaiD iN FuLL 1 heat pts
space
space
$479 | Props total: 86 86
 Left Hook said:
I've listened to it for more than 15 times. It's not just you, it does get better at every listen..
:iagree:

i find myself bumpin the album on a daily basis.
 10 years ago '04        #153
Skilllz 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,260 | Props total: 1419 1419
Not feeling this.
 10 years ago '04        #154
jae premier 
space
space
$2,491 | Props total: 77 77
i waited to make my review until i copped. i always do that so i can let everything sink in, and theres just something about holding a physical copy. i have probably listened to it 20-25 times sinse the grouprip ripped, and i think its easily one of the top 5 albums sinse '03, this album is incredible. hello brooklyn isnt amazing but i still think its good, jayz k!lls the song. the album hasnt grown old at all, the replay value is so high. i have only been able to listen to the cassidy joint once because i have been so consumed in this cd.

and people said jay-z should retire, smh.

5/5, i wont call it a classic now even though thats what a 5 is listed at, but it's definatly a 5/5 for albums post 2000. get at me in a few years and i just may be calling it a classic though.
 10 years ago '07        #155
playarabbit 
space
space
$37 | Props total: 0 0
Some of Jay-Z best not the best but yup tops but I'de say you can come up short or give him the 5 mic treatment
 11-07-2007, 12:44 AM         #156
ILLmag 7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wasnt feelin it too much on first listen but now after about 6 or 7 full listens its a 4.5/5 IMO....sh*ts amazing :applause::applause::applause:

Last edited by ILLmag 7; 11-07-2007 at 12:45 AM..
 11-07-2007, 01:49 AM         #157
methodman71413 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
could be one of his best
 10 years ago '07        #158
ptwist 43 heat pts43
space
space
$16,106 | Props total: 6315 6315
take away hello brooklyn or well lil wayne and you have a classic ....

jay went bananas on this one ....
 10 years ago '05        #159
prolifick 
space
space
$531 | Props total: 0 0
coppped it yesterday from circuit city. yesterday for $10. that money was well spent from what im hearing. yesterday was the first time i heard the album in it's in entirety i decided not dl the group rip a week ago cuz i didnt want it to take away from my experience of what im callin the "legit first listen" or the "perfect listen" i havent thought of the right term that i will use to describe it in short but basically it goes for anyone who refused to hear anything from the album except for the radio singles until it drops
officially. so far ive done it for Food and Liquor, Graduation, and now this, and im gonna do the same thing for The Cool. and it significantly extended the rotation of which i played these albums because i decided not to gank it when it hit the net. plus when i buy something i wanna get that feeling that im getting somethin new and not that ive heard before, if that makes. plus it takes away experience of just listening to with fresh ears. and it really comes down to if you really like and artist, and im pretty big hov fan, ya'll need to support them and buy their sh*t. although buying if your on jay's level it prolly wont have much of an impact thats like saying whats the difference between 120 mill and 135mill if you know what i mean. but yea ive only listened to it all the way through about 3 times now. im not afan of hello brooklyn but maybe it'll grow on me. favorite traks are:

American Gangster,
Ignorant sh*t; event though it's kinda old now i htink it's a classic jay song, i think jay felt the same way and that he couldnt just let go even though it was leaked without his permission that why he put on the album
Fallin'
Roc Boys
I know
blue magic is growing on me still not feelin th beat all that much
success is crazy
sweet
and party life.

ok im done talkin. AG>>>Kingdom Come cop it if you lovin it.
 10 years ago '05        #160
prolifick 
space
space
$531 | Props total: 0 0
 jutnice said:
im listenen to it right now all of jays album seem to get better after you listen to them over and over again cause thats the only way you really hear it
completely agree. i wasn't feeling KC at all when it dropped but it grew on me alot. even though it's still not great. all thats saying is ppl shouldnt be to quick to judge.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
21 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
98 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
51 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
81 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
184 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy