Jay-Z - American Gangster (2007)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
204 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
253 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
91 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
176 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What did you think of American Gangster?
Garbage 31 4.99%
Below average 21 3.38%
Decent 97 15.62%
Excellent 231 37.20%
Classic 241 38.81%
Voters: 621. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #61
dc3003 57 heat pts57
space
space
$33,567 | Props total: 30774 30774
i think that if your the greatest rapper of all time u would at least have more than 1 good track, and the reason that track is good is because of the beat. lol hello brooklyn has to be the worse most anticipated track ever. jay z is garbage, ya cool bro u ryme songs without writing them down , to bad they fukin suck. u will never catch me playing and havent seen me playing a jay z track since this cant be life ft scarface, yall need to get off that cats d*ck ,hes totally fukin garbage i feel bad for the 5 million white kids that are gonna buy this album and think its actually good. the new witchdoctor got better songs than this and that sh*t wasnt that good either. r.i.p. rap
 10-28-2007, 12:43 AM         #62
Nerd_Rich 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dc3003 said:
i think that if your the greatest rapper of all time u would at least have more than 1 good track, and the reason that track is good is because of the beat. lol hello brooklyn has to be the worse most anticipated track ever. jay z is garbage, ya cool bro u ryme songs without writing them down , to bad they fukin suck. u will never catch me playing and havent seen me playing a jay z track since this cant be life ft scarface, yall need to get off that cats d*ck ,hes totally fukin garbage i feel bad for the 5 million white kids that are gonna buy this album and think its actually good. the new witchdoctor got better songs than this and that sh*t wasnt that good either. r.i.p. rap

This n*gga came in here to say some bullsh*t....Then had the nerve to say r.i.p rap.....Ole hey bay bay a.ss n*gga....If you dont like the sh*t then thats fine, but dont be saying no r.i.p to any jay z album cause his worst album is better than your favorite rappers best album so chill the fu*k out....
 10 years ago '04        #63
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
From what I hear it's pretty fu*king dope. I didn't skip sh*t.
 10-28-2007, 10:13 AM         #64
chay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 akademiks100 said:
any1 have a link to the whole album with all 15 tracks i can only find the torrent with 13
wow thanks for pointing that out. i just realized the leak i got only has 13 tracks :|
 10-28-2007, 10:52 AM         #65
whassup621 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its waaaaaaaaayyyyy better than kingdom Come if u dont agree with that then you gotta say the beats are better more soulful and epic
 10 years ago '05        #66
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 49 49
sh*ts hott. .i dont know about a classic tho. .maybe it will be i cant tell yet. .but no hook is fu*king rediculous. .thats my sh*t
 10 years ago '05        #67
heveweight 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$527 | Props total: 37 37
I dont know how people can say an album is a classic before its even come out....as part of what decides a classic is its longevity and the influence it has on the genre.

Personally i love the album so far...downloaded on thursday night and its got better and better with every listen. Songs like 'say hello', 'sweet', 'no hook' 'i know' and 'fallin' couldve been on reasonable doubt lyrically and production wise.
 10-28-2007, 01:40 PM         #68
bigdjayz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
pray is the illest sh*t ive heard in awhile
 10 years ago '07        #69
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,785 | Props total: 14593 14593
 1-MC said:
SMH @ Cats calling people haters, cause they don't like this album.
SMH @ People already calling it a classic. You gots to chill, Jay Z d*ckriders.
I haven't listened to the album yet, but will once the retail version is properly leaked.
smh @ you callin someone a jay d*ckrider just cuz they call it a classic... thats some ignorant sh*t.... theres alotta albums that i would call classics that i dont even like... i didnt call this a classic but who cares if someone calls its a classic...
 10-28-2007, 02:44 PM         #70
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So is out?

what ya think are the best tracks?
 10-28-2007, 05:02 PM         #71
buck$ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hello Brooklyn 2.0 ft. Lil Wayne and Roc Boys deserve 10 out of 10 in my opinion.
 10 years ago '04        #72
thadon87 
space
space
space
$491 | Props total: 34 34
So is there only actually 13 tracks on the retail coming or is it going to have 15 ?
 10 years ago '04        #73
marshall law 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,421 | Props total: 71 71
I've only peeped the 13-track version--and only once--so I'll reserve judgment until I hear the whole official joint a few times.

Speaking of which, since I keep seeing so many different tracklistings, anybody know if there will actually be a Dead Presidents 3 on this (hidden track possibly?) and is Ignorant sh*t the same version that came out 3 years ago? I only ask b/c I think I saw that Beans is supposed to be on it.
 10 years ago '06        #74
a_ruff24 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,332 | Props total: 5 5
thats my sh*t, the movie even better
 10-28-2007, 08:34 PM         #75
!ALLMONEYENT! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the album is just crazy fire period classic the more i hear the album. Fallin is fire, success, to just name two I know another, sweet, ignorant sh*t the album is fire period.
 10-29-2007, 12:48 AM         #76
cbdakidd14 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
at first listen i was against it, but its grown on me and it bangs soooo fu*kin soulful, i like damn near every song except for the fu*kin wayne song he coulda kept that sh*t
 10-29-2007, 02:26 AM         #77
DINER0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

COSIGN:

VerballyAbusive said:
I can't understand why people think KC is bad. That album was fire and I still listen to it to this day. The lyrics on AG are nuts. So far, I give the lyrics a 10/10 and beats a 8/10. Album a 9/10.
 cbdakidd14 said:
at first listen i was against it, but its grown on me and it bangs soooo fu*kin soulful, i like damn near every song except for the fu*kin wayne song he coulda kept that sh*t
cO-SIGN

rashad0715 said:
I'm loving this album right now. I'm waiting to hear the new version of Ignorant sh*t with Beans.
:applause:

jplaydadon said:
I swear cats be hating hard than a muthafu*ka! They be the same muthafu*kas that dont have a ear for classic material..if you used to basic lyrics and simple beats, enjoy your tunes..but I dont call that bulsh*t classic..but I know this is one thats for that d*ckriding statement..im just predicting classic for this because I know it when I first listen to songs...I had the same feeling for blueprint leaked tracks
:applause:

hnic247 said:
fu*k NE BODY WHO DOESNT THINK ITS A CLASSIC STRAIGHT UP!!
COSIGN

yankeex7 said:
if you dont like this cd then you shouldnt be listening to rap..simple as that
 Marty McStayFly said:
the haters gonna hate but this sh*t is CRACK
 blockburna said:
anybody sayin garbage either havent listend to it or od'ed on dat hatorade kuz this sh*t is at worst a 3.5 (if u hate jay) and if u appreciate good music at worst a 4...any jay fan has to give this a 5 off top...iz been out a day but sh*t its obvious if u got a ear for da sh*t...cant wait for dat beanz verse on ignorant sh*t...SMH @ haters...GO STEP YA LIFE UP AND JOIN A SERORITY!! Dis is classic jay in a day where nigas scared to be themselves...fuk comercial dis dat krak str8 up...da rulers back face it... and LET DAT bi*ch BREATH!!

[pic - click to view]

[MAD]n*ggaZ DRUNK OFF THE HATARADE:

dc3003 said:
 H-Town Renegade said:
I think it's a pretty decent album. But I don't that this n*gga should be comin' out with another album though.
 JimDinO77 said:
nothing special
[/MAD]
 10 years ago '05        #78
nawtyxes 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,408 | Props total: 1046 1046
this album follows the movie nicely, however, the movie itself is very over hyped. I wouldnt call either actors performance "strong"
 10-29-2007, 07:48 AM         #79
Yankee22 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good album. i was surprised that he would come with somethin like this. definitely would make a good soundtrack for the film. not as great as is prior works, but better than alot of the garbage out today. track with nas was hot, and the track with wayne was hot. different style of production then what he normally deals with. worth the time to listen
 10 years ago '05        #80
outkast 3 heat pts
space
space
$335 | Props total: 164 164
this sh*t hot!!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
62 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
72 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
45 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
55 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
80 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
42 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy