Damn!! Is all I can say
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-03-2007, 12:13 AM         #81
thekidgi  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 adotboogie said:
just came from seeing it and I shoulda never saw the end....he snitched, he broke one of the most sacred codes, they coulda went in another direction...overall 3/5

what the fu*k its based on a true story what you expect them to do have Frank go out with guns blastin' or some sh*t?

I thought this was pretty good, not as good as training day IMO but still good. for a 2 and a half hour movie, i thought the pace was good, didnt feel like i was in the theatre that long.
 11-03-2007, 12:17 AM         #82
blmuscle  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
was good in that it was a autobiography but bad in that a crook, drugdealer, murderer was glorified and turned into a hero. By the end of the movie I was cheering for him like he was Robin Hood, when not only was he giving to the poor but k!lling the poor. But awww, All in All the movie was straight, Overhyped. I was expecting more from T.I and Common. WTF happened to Cuba???
 11-03-2007, 12:54 AM         #83
HyNeS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
st8 fire!!!!
 10 years ago '06        #84
ProLogic 
space
space
$4,763 | Props total: 9 9
I liked it...Denzel can make the worst roles god like

"Blue Magic...Its a brand name,like Pepsi.I stand by it,I gaurantee it."

10 years ago '05        #85
240sx 
space
space
$4,410 | Props total: 1451 1451
great movie , one of the gangster classics. alot of good old school knowledge in that flick.

Last edited by 240sx; 11-03-2007 at 02:30 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #86
PHILADELPHIA 
space
space
$4,933 | Props total: 0 0
scene where they got pulled over by the crook cops was crack...."maybe next time ya house blows up instead"

more classic scenes.....when he shot tango...talk with dominic in his office....when he came out of church in the end...

best scene was when Frank and Richie talked in the precient.....it was the main time when i realized both denzel and crowe were amazing

only thing that was wierd was how Richie and Frank kinda ended up working together, i was thinkin like, dude just fu*ked up his whole life, k!lled all of his ppl and now they sittin together laughin and kickin it?.....sh*t was wierd, however i understand it.....the whole movie frank seemed to be all about his pride and his name, and it seemed as if he gave that up in the end......but it was prolly the only way he was gonna get those cops..

sh*t was tufffffff

Last edited by PHILADELPHIA; 11-03-2007 at 02:38 AM..
 11-03-2007, 10:38 AM         #87
bc/o06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cuba did his thing give him some more scenes and develop Nicky Barnes a little more and its a modern day goodfellas
 10 years ago '07        #88
adotboogie 
space
space
$1,792 | Props total: 121 121
 thekidgi said:
what the fu*k its based on a true story what you expect them to do have Frank go out with guns blastin' or some sh*t?

I thought this was pretty good, not as good as training day IMO but still good. for a 2 and a half hour movie, i thought the pace was good, didnt feel like i was in the theatre that long.

exactly, the fact that it was based on a true story and not the real actual, they could've went somewhere else with the movie, great movie true indeed, but fu*k dat no snitching even if it is them crooked a.ss pigs
 10 years ago '06        #89
Maddog345 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,869 | Props total: 264 264
movie was good not a classic. I agree that they should of shown a bit more of Nicky Barnes. The movie really didn't seem that long to me. IMO training day was better.
 10 years ago '04        #90
marshall law 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,421 | Props total: 71 71
It was cool but a little underwhelming IMO. Denzel and Crowe played their parts perfectly, but the movie seemed to linger on too many unimportant things and it made the movie seem just as long as it was (2 hrs, 40 min).

I REALLY wish the film had showed the latter years when Crowe's character came to represent Lucas and get his jail term lowered. That would've given us a chance to see both great actors working in the same scenes and teaming up. But instead, they just included it as a note at the end--kinda disappointing because that had a lot of potential.

And what was up with them allowing the damn microphones to get into so many shots? That's straight amateur tight there. The editor for the film should never be allowed to work on another film again.
 10 years ago '06        #91
illstate11 
space
space
$2,223 | Props total: 86 86
movie was good, but i was really hyped to see this cus i was expectin it to be a classic, i was a bit dissapointed but it was still a good movie.
 10 years ago '04        #92
Phreaky41 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,358 | Props total: 2 2
u guys dont know sh*t. that movie will get big oscar-nominees. its a drama, not a fu*kin action movie. the acting was soo great. denzel was the star, but russell crowe k!lled it. u talk about a movie that sucks, SAW IV, sucked. that sh*t was soo pedictable and dumb. Deja Vu was a good movie. Yall always expect denzel to be "training day" material in every fu*king movie. Somebody was like it looked like people that were tryna debut their acting careers, the only new actor I saw was RZA and he did a hell of a job.
 10 years ago '04        #93
Phreaky41 1 heat pts
space
space
[QUOTE=IRemainRaw;10763726]You cant be serious...

But I thought they coulda shaved a good half hour off this,and Denzel was basically playing they same style as he did in training day[/QUOT

russell crowe is a better actor than chrisitan bale. guess u didnt gladiator, la confidential, a beautiful mind, cinderella man. A beautiful mind is a classic. and no, denzel wasn't playing the same as he was in training day. WTF were you watching. Denzel was laid back in American Gangster with a k!ller instict. Remember what he said, "The loudest one is the weakest one"
 10 years ago '04        #94
Phreaky41 1 heat pts
space
space
I think one of the best scenes is when he is leaving church. The look on his face is shocking like "They finally caught me." The camera man did a good job of panning around and showing every cop that was out there. Movie is nice
 10 years ago '07        #95
Chino 
space
space
$36 | Props total: 0 0
best movie ive seen in awhile
 10 years ago '05        #96
Basicgz 
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 1399 1399
That movie was hot!!!! Denzel acted his a.ss off "Thats Copyright Infringement"
 11-03-2007, 06:32 PM         #97
Domic462  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Styl3s said:
ROFLMAO

denzel has never had a bad movie?

dude seriously get off his nuts, hes been in alot of crap-tastic films including this one
Then why aren't you dropping names??????????????

Ohh cause you can't.
 10 years ago '04        #98
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,466 | Props total: 293 293
Yeah, this movie was great.
 10 years ago '06        #99
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
Best movie of the year.
 11-03-2007, 09:18 PM         #100
renagade281  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i saw the movie last night and i thought it was boring..nothing really made it classic in my opinion...kinda long for it not to have been better

but i guess since itwas based on a true story it could only be so good
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
33 comments
1 day ago