how do u guys rev the engine in an automatic transmissoin

most viewed right now
Video inside Nas - Ether (The Original Version) Large Professor Confirmed..
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside French Montana feeling on iggy
91 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The most expensive album i ever seen...
29 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Redman Says Dissing MC Hammer In The 90's Could Get You Hurt
122 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-23-2007, 01:37 PM         #1
90922 pageviews
22 comments

samakaballer 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how do u guys rev the engine in an automatic transmissoin

ppl do it every kind of way it seems, have the parking brake on and hit the gas, keep there foot on the brake and hit the gas when it's in drive, put it in neutral and hit the gas, which way is the best though lol, just curious

22 comments for "how do u guys rev the engine in an automatic transmissoin"

10-23-2007, 04:50 PM         #2
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
there is no GOOD way to do it, it's not really good for the engine, but all you have to do to rev it is keep it in park or nuetral and hit the gas

one
GhosT
 9 years ago '04        #3
InsanePunk 
space
space
$3,042 | Props total: 2 2
The parking brake one doesnt sound smart

The neutral one is the only one I would ever do. (I had to do that in my old car to keep it running at idle and when i first started it, lol especially in the winter)
 9 years ago '06        #4
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,468 | Props total: 7 7
Why would you ever rev your engine in an automatic car? Automatic cars arent meant to race.
 10-23-2007, 08:24 PM         #5
Mr 315 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
people has their ways but if you're in an automatic and its a front wheel drive i suggest you not to do it..i wanna learn how to do a burnout on an AWD but i dont know how
 10-23-2007, 11:41 PM         #6
iNTELLECT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol don't do it man... that sh*t will k!ll ur automatic transmission EARLY... and auto trannys cost mad $$$ to fix... lucky my car was on warranty when i got my tranny fixed.
 9 years ago '04        #7
deziking 58 heat pts58
space
space
$17,207 | Props total: 1028 1028
don't do it man sh*ts not good, and if u have a rusted a.ss bucket and u rev it in neutral and put it in drive real quick all that force will go out hard and it can take out your exhaust clamps and soon enough you'll be driving your car with exhaust hanging down. its not even kool btw.
 9 years ago '04        #8
bmore303 
space
space
$458 | Props total: 0 0
Explain why you even want to rev? I'm all for blowing an auto tranny if you're gonna swap a manual in its place.
 9 years ago '05        #9
ILLMATIC_RIDAH 
space
space
$755 | Props total: 0 0
the same way you rev a manual transmission...dump it in neutral and give her gas...or jus hold down the brake in drive and floor that bi*ch.....it ain't rocket science partna
 10-24-2007, 05:45 PM         #10
coltfoet5 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Whats the point of doing it? Always do it in Park or Neutral but why? If your gonna race it don't drop it into drive, couple runs and you'll need a new tranny.
 10-25-2007, 02:59 PM         #11
Ep1dem1c 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no way

its ghey
 9 years ago '04        #12
JayR04 107 heat pts107
space
space
$8,557 | Props total: 1233 1233
same trannys you'll mess it up reving in park too.
 10-26-2007, 12:11 PM         #13
samakaballer 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol u guys r k!lling me hell no im not racing, but sh*t some lamborghini's come in automatics u wouldn't race using a lambo??? I was just wondering what's the best way that is least liely to mess something up, just because of the new exhaust im going 2 get i might wanna show it off a lil to freinds haha
 10-26-2007, 06:03 PM         #14
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
there's no way to keep it from fu*king your engine up. the engine is not meant to be rev'd for the hell of it. it puts strain on it. only show if oof your moving. don't just sit and rev your engine, that makes people look gay and desperate for attention
one
GhosT
 9 years ago '04        #15
Cutty Olds 5 heat pts
space
space
$14,148 | Props total: 2499 2499
 Sammyboi22 said:
Why would you ever rev your engine in an automatic car? Automatic cars arent meant to race.
Dont those super souped up drag racing cars come in only like in automatic because it's damn near imposible for the driver to bang the gears at the right time and hold on to the steering wheel?
 10-27-2007, 11:34 PM         #16
dbushart 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sammyboi22 said:
false. automatic transmissions can be built much stronger than manuals, and they are often used in drag racing cars over 6-700hp.
 10-28-2007, 10:30 AM         #17
BrassMonkeyXP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yes there actually is you can get a torque stall converter and you can rev at what ever RPM you want to launch at and jump off the line like that without having your car in park or neutral or what ever my friend has this on his truck and he races all day off the line without fu*king up his transmission by reving in neutral and shifting into DRive real quick so i can tell you first hand that stall converters do work

GhosT said:
there is no GOOD way to do it, it's not really good for the engine, but all you have to do to rev it is keep it in park or nuetral and hit the gas

one
GhosT
 9 years ago '07        #18
ShortDogg636 
space
space
$611 | Props total: 0 0
 samakaballer said:
ppl do it every kind of way it seems, have the parking brake on and hit the gas, keep there foot on the brake and hit the gas when it's in drive, put it in neutral and hit the gas, which way is the best though lol, just curious

you get a stall put on ur sh*t, i cant believe no1 mentioned a damn stall, yall talk like u xperts! if you racin ur 4 car, you should have it beefed up neways, so then it will b meant for that kinda sh*t!!

9 years ago '04        #19
boimannie2004 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,411 | Props total: 107 107
Stepping on the brake and on the gas at the same time is called brake torquing. On automatic turbo cars this is used to build boost off the line. BUT doing this builds up heat and transmissions and heat do not go well together. Doing it too often will mess up your tranny
 9 years ago '04        #20
bmore303 
space
space
$458 | Props total: 0 0
Well dude had to asks how to rev...why mention to torque converter at all . We could also mention the use of a Transmission Cooler to prolong the life of the auto tranny with the added stress, but without running a Turbo setup there's really no real purpose to it in the long run.
Home      

most viewed right now
Jimmy Iovine stories thread
180 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Lupe Fiasco vs Joe Budden
49 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Shakin Them Lil Cakes...
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside NEW "Bentley" for $23,000
130 comments
1 day ago
@rides
most viewed right now
Video inside Aug 26 - I'm Here to ROB YOU
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Black Youngsta - 100k Cash - Practically Begging To Be Robbed
137 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Danny Phantom 10 Years Later: Butch Hartman draws main characters as if..
27 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Well Damn Rick Ross Defends Meek Mill, Threatens Drake
232 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy