Oct 22 - Dame Dash's Roc-A-Fella Regrets, "Everyone's Eating Off Kanye Except Me"

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
152 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #41
kat717 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,538 | Props total: 31 31
All stories have their side and at the end of the day they will be fine no matter what they do. As a matter a fact if they don't quit being gay and get back together I'm done with all of them. sh*t all these rich muthfu*kas complaining!!!
 10 years ago '07        #42
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,031 | Props total: 30285 30285
 teekarow said:
thats not true fam. I remember Dame then sayin that this dude will make it. Kanye will tell you that. so what ur sayin is what u think , not the truth fam. no diss, but maybe you just did not know that fact. If you notice though, Jay has not dropped a profitable Roc album Yet. Ye is a whole notha level. The south is something in itself. That would have happened regardless. Jay has dropped the ball on alot of mcs at def jam. Where in the fu*k is P Crack. J dropped th ball on that money. but noe of that mattters win your Rnb and Kanye and the south is selling. but jays own subsidary is complete trash. one day we may see a Dame reunion. I hope. Dame has made millions. so dont think hes broke. Lookin at Jays moves, i now think Dame was smarter than we all thought. Even J doesnt do the same numbers. think about it.

That's a dumb thing to say...

Who does numbers industry wide? I mean, really? "Even Jay doesn't do the same numbers"? AS if his decline in sales is due to his split with Dame Get outta here... Jay doesn't do the same numbers anymore, DMX doesn't do the numbers any more..... 50 doesn't do the numbers... the entire industry as a whole doesn't do numbers anymore. So what, the entire industry is down because Dame & Jay split?

Dame piggybacked Jay HARD! Without Jay, Dame isn't filthy rich. Remember, Beans dropped his last album on DDMG.... If Dame was so smart that he made an empire of an artist that nobody wanted(Jay), why couldn't he do the same with an established artist (Beans)?

As for Jay's watch... he did make Rihanna household, right? 3 albums in 3 years.... the chick is everywhere and she can't even sing all that well. Did Jay not gives the masses Jeezy? Did he not manage to sign Nas? Keep in mind the climate the music industry is in.... honestly, anytime someone goes gold, I'm amazed, that's how bad the industry is right now.

As for Peedi... he's been my Fave new artist since 2002. Last year Peedi said that Jay came to him and said "Okay, give me the album", just like that... Jay was ready to hear it and release it if it was right. Peedi admitted that he wasn't ready... because, he thought Jay was gonna give him input on the making of the album... but Jay thought that Peedi was already hard at work on it, not waiting to hear back from him. No one wants Peedi music more than me but.... I don't think Jay wants him to fail. P said last year that Jay's been funding the project continuosly... Peedi keep gettin' money for his debut release from Jay.

[My speculation] Jay probably thinks the album won't sell. Peedi has the potential to be a seller though. So, Jay probably taking his time with P for a few reasons.... Peedi is R.O.C. and if Jay releases R.O.C. albums and they don't sell.... Def Jam artists and Execs gonna crucify him. Also, we haven't heard what Peedi's "album material" sounds like... maybe he has trouble making a legit LP.... (although his mixtapes are fire:D). Jay probably feels Peedi can put out a classic but, he's just not there yet. [My Speculation]
 10 years ago '07        #43
DZ816 
space
space
space
$166 | Props total: 0 0
man if they dont ever quit beefing
 10 years ago '07        #44
DZ816 
space
space
space
$166 | Props total: 0 0
i dont know its a sticky situation
 10-23-2007, 05:17 PM         #45
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Without no Jay-Z there would be no Dame Dash. Without Jay-Z Kanye wouldn't be known. Dipset would still be non-existent. Obviously the dude is bitter as hell still talking about the breakup.

One minute he says music isn't good business, now he's jealous of Kanye's success? Kanye had a choice to either ride with Dame or Jay, who did he choose? LOL
 10-23-2007, 05:26 PM         #46
finesse1272 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 djsmellie said:
I think Dame is still hurt
Sounds like it ..... but the music business will ruin even the best of friendships
 10 years ago '04        #47
Dash420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$14,762 | Props total: 6171 6171
i went on the site to hear the tracks he posted as the reasonable doubt tribute........ sh*t is str8 garbage...i see why jay wanted nothin 2 do wit it...dey are butchering his classics lol...specially freeway's a.ss tryna do politics as usual and changin up da words n sh*t lol it was horrible
 10-23-2007, 06:11 PM         #48
ReFtheMC 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jay did say it himself, "Bleek would have been famous if he was never signed to rocafella..."
 10-23-2007, 06:41 PM         #49
MyzLuda86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol@ this idk what to think about Dame I never liked the person I saw on t.v. and I say this because I don't know him on a personal level but he doesn't seem like a very humble, caring person.
 10-23-2007, 06:51 PM         #50
GraVy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he sound arrogant.
 10-24-2007, 11:22 PM         #51
SKINNI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stogz said:
Son... if you would have just paid attention, you would have known what happened. You ain't have to be there at the time, just open your eyes.

Here is the story (in condenced form).

Jay makes album after album, non-stop. Never stops working! Dame was in Jay's ear about "you should take a vacation". Jay listened, and took his first ever vacation.

When Jay comes back from vacation... R.O.C. is different. Dame signed a whole bunch of Dipset cats (without Jay's knowledge of or approval of it). DAme tries to make Cam Vice prez of the R.O.C. Dame seemingly gives more privledges to the Dipset cats rather than them Philly cats (and most def more than Bleek).

The final straws were Dame's idea's on the R.O.C. business started to get worse and worse (in jay's view). The Reasonable Doubt tribute (Jay hated). The Blueprint 2 double CD idea belonged to DAme (jay really wasn't feeling the idea but went along with it). The rapid expanding of Rocafella (with a lack of strategic planning). Jay started to not like R.O.C. anymore. Jay wanted out.

Jay told Dame & Biggs that he wanted the full rights to Reasonable Doubt and that the 2 of them could do whatever they wanted with Roca-a-fella. They declined his request.

Jay then made a sick power move with Cohen being the principle reason as to why it happened (but that's a stroy in itself). This move is why Dame is so hurt right now.... he had no idea it was coming (even though he was aware of the kind of dude Cohen is).
& THAT IS WHY I MADE THE STATEMENT I DID. EVERYBODY THAT WASNT THERE KNOW EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED RIGHT. JAY SAYS ONE THING, DAME SAYS ANOTHER, U PICK WHO U LIKE THE BEST & FILL IN THE REST & THATS FACT? YEA & U ALSO KNOW WHERE BIN LADEN IS, WHAT REALLY HAPPENED ON 9/11, WHO SHOT JFK, & THE BUSH' S BAKED BEANS RECIPE!

NO DISRESPECT KID BUT UR STATEMENT SHOWED THE SENSE OF MINE
 10 years ago '07        #52
bcity973 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$432 | Props total: 1 1
Lol, u got dat pic of T.I. rottin in jail.
 10-24-2007, 11:34 PM         #53
SKINNI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Also As Far As Jay Makin Dame....... In The End None Of It Matters But I Dont Agree With That. If Jay Is Considered The Greatest (matter Of Opinion), The Greatest Still Needs Somebody To Get Him On. Dame Did That. I Can Say The Greatest Baller Of All Time Played At My High School But If He Didnt Have The Coach To Get The Scouts To See Him, He Never Makes It To A Real School Or The Nba. Different Level & Scenario But Jay Is The Champ Of The Two Easily But That Might Not Be If Dame Hadnt Built That Empire Up.

Yea Im Sure Others Will Say Jay Wouldve Done It Regardless Without Dame The Same Way He Said Bleek Would Be Famous Still If He Hadnt Been On The Roc (yea Right!) But Thats Like Me Sayin, "oh If I Didnt Have Great Parents I Can Guarantee That I Wouldve Been Just As Successful". We Really Cant Say What Wouldve/couldve Been But We Do Know That Dame Made It What It Is No Different Than I Know My Parents Brought Out The Best In Me.

Jay Got It But Dame Provided The Tools To Make It & Built The Foundation To Get It. A House Doesnt Stand Without That Foundation Bro
 10 years ago '07        #54
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 SKINNI said:
& THAT IS WHY I MADE THE STATEMENT I DID. EVERYBODY THAT WASNT THERE KNOW EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED RIGHT. JAY SAYS ONE THING, DAME SAYS ANOTHER, U PICK WHO U LIKE THE BEST & FILL IN THE REST & THATS FACT? YEA & U ALSO KNOW WHERE BIN LADEN IS, WHAT REALLY HAPPENED ON 9/11, WHO SHOT JFK, & THE BUSH' S BAKED BEANS RECIPE!

NO DISRESPECT KID BUT UR STATEMENT SHOWED THE SENSE OF MINE

1) Everything thing I wrote is fact (to those in the know). However, if you are not in the know.... what I wrote is so obvious that, it should have been easy for most to figure out.

2) WTF do you me "pick who you like the best"... they aren't anyone's parents! Dame never provided no real reason anyway.... he just played nonchalant... then he acted mad hurt... then he started taking shots a Jay here and there.... but no real reason.

3) I really don't remember what your statement is/was... and that's okay because, if what you said (your speculation), is different then what I wrote (actual events).... then you are incorrect. Plain & Simple.
 10-25-2007, 12:06 AM         #55
SKINNI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stogz said:
1) Everything thing I wrote is fact (to those in the know). However, if you are not in the know.... what I wrote is so obvious that, it should have been easy for most to figure out.

2) WTF do you me "pick who you like the best"... they aren't anyone's parents! Dame never provided no real reason anyway.... he just played nonchalant... then he acted mad hurt... then he started taking shots a Jay here and there.... but no real reason.

3) I really don't remember what your statement is/was... and that's okay because, if what you said (your speculation), is different then what I wrote (actual events).... then you are incorrect. Plain & Simple.
WELL MAYBE I STAND CORRECTED BRO. MAYBE U ARE THE ONE GUY WITH ALL THE ANSWERS. ALL THE FACTS & ONLY BECAUSE U SAID SO.......
 10 years ago '07        #56
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 SKINNI said:
WELL MAYBE I STAND CORRECTED BRO. MAYBE U ARE THE ONE GUY WITH ALL THE ANSWERS. ALL THE FACTS & ONLY BECAUSE U SAID SO.......
Why you acting like a hurt Dame Dash right now? Just cuz I know the situation well thorugh various people around the situation (and even if they were not around, it was plain to see anyway)... and your speculation is completely off base....

Stop the ignorance... if you don't know sh*t, talk say/type sh*t like you do. Simple, right?
 10-25-2007, 01:32 AM         #57
KrAnKThiS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why dont you both stop whining?
 10-25-2007, 06:34 PM         #58
SKINNI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stogz said:
Why you acting like a hurt Dame Dash right now? Just cuz I know the situation well thorugh various people around the situation (and even if they were not around, it was plain to see anyway)... and your speculation is completely off base....

Stop the ignorance... if you don't know sh*t, talk say/type sh*t like you do. Simple, right?
SERIOUSLY FOR A MIN. IM ACTING HURT BECAUSE I SAID IF U WERENT THERE U DONT KNOW THE WHOLE STORY? IF IM ACTING HURT WHAT DOES THAT MAKE U? PROUD & BRAGGING THAT U KNOW SOMETHIN THROUGH A BUNCH OF HERESAY & BECAUSE ITS "OBVIOUS" TO U.

BROTHER IF U CALL ME SAYING I DIDNT SEE IT SO I DONT KNOW IGNORANT, I FEEL AT A LOSS FOR SAYING THAT EVEN THOUGH I DIDNT AGREE WITH UR FIRST STATEMENT AT LEAST U MADE AN INTELLIGENT ONE. IT GOES TO SHOW WORDS DONT EQUAL CONTENT. UR RIGHT, I DONT KNOW sh*t. ON THE CONTRARY, U SAY U DO BECAUSE U HEARD IT FROM OTHERS...... WHO BY THE WAY U ALSO SAID WERENT THERE. THE ONLY THING PLAIN TO SEE IS THAT ITS UNKNOWN. THERES NO NEED TO CARRY ON ABOUT KNOWING EVERYTHING ABOUT A POINTLESS TOPIC JUST TO FILL URSELF WITH PRIDE ABOUT KNOWING ANOTHER MANS BUSINESS
 10 years ago '06        #59
Dead Prezidents 
space
space
$2,030 | Props total: 6 6
 djsmellie said:
I think Dame is still hurt
of course he's hurt....all those millions of dollars he's missing on
 10 years ago '07        #60
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 SKINNI said:
SERIOUSLY FOR A MIN. IM ACTING HURT BECAUSE I SAID IF U WERENT THERE U DONT KNOW THE WHOLE STORY? IF IM ACTING HURT WHAT DOES THAT MAKE U? PROUD & BRAGGING THAT U KNOW SOMETHIN THROUGH A BUNCH OF HERESAY & BECAUSE ITS "OBVIOUS" TO U.

BROTHER IF U CALL ME SAYING I DIDNT SEE IT SO I DONT KNOW IGNORANT, I FEEL AT A LOSS FOR SAYING THAT EVEN THOUGH I DIDNT AGREE WITH UR FIRST STATEMENT AT LEAST U MADE AN INTELLIGENT ONE. IT GOES TO SHOW WORDS DONT EQUAL CONTENT. UR RIGHT, I DONT KNOW sh*t. ON THE CONTRARY, U SAY U DO BECAUSE U HEARD IT FROM OTHERS...... WHO BY THE WAY U ALSO SAID WERENT THERE. THE ONLY THING PLAIN TO SEE IS THAT ITS UNKNOWN. THERES NO NEED TO CARRY ON ABOUT KNOWING EVERYTHING ABOUT A POINTLESS TOPIC JUST TO FILL URSELF WITH PRIDE ABOUT KNOWING ANOTHER MANS BUSINESS

I didn't mean that they weren't around the situation.... I meant, if I didn't KNOW those people personally, it would still be obvious to conclude what happened because it was that straight forward.

Most of the info I have came from....

Low level employees from R.O.C. and Universal ( that knew the mood of the company and precisely when things started to change. When the 2 started to move apart)

Spoke to bleek personally when he came out here to do a recording. Spoke to Peedi personally when he came out here to do a show. (I don't like to mention names but... you are acting so dumb right now, i'm just gonna mention who I spoke to and put an end to your over emotional rant).

The rest came from Jay, Cam, Dame, speaking in and through various media outlets.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
33 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
286 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
148 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
74 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
46 comments
24 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatumís stats for the month of December so far
54 comments
19 hours ago