Oct 22 - Dame Dash's Roc-A-Fella Regrets, "Everyone's Eating Off Kanye Except Me"

most viewed right now
 131
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 69
Damn!! Is all I can say
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 68
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 63
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
41 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 10-22-2007, 11:31 PM         #21
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
When Jay 1st saw Kanye he thought he was a homo and wanted no part of his project. Dame took him and gave him a chance to do his thing. That Big Brother song should have been for Dame.
 10 years ago '05        #22
Old School 
space
avatar space
space
$392 | Props total: 136 136
At the end it seemed like two separate movements on Rocafella anyway, it was Dame and his projects(Camron, State P, etc..) and Jay doing Jay. I feel the Dynasty could have been even bigger if Jay would have really cosigned the State P guys like he did Memph Bleek, all the were more talented than Bleek and I don't even remember Jay being in one of their videos or a major feature on a single.
 10 years ago '07        #23
Bigakathebeast 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$6,060 | Props total: 137 137
 stogz said:
Son... if you would have just paid attention, you would have known what happened. You ain't have to be there at the time, just open your eyes.



Here is the story (in condenced form).


Jay makes album after album, non-stop. Never stops working! Dame was in Jay's ear about "you should take a vacation". Jay listened, and took his first ever vacation.

When Jay comes back from vacation... R.O.C. is different. Dame signed a whole bunch of Dipset cats (without Jay's knowledge of or approval of it). DAme tries to make Cam Vice prez of the R.O.C. Dame seemingly gives more privledges to the Dipset cats rather than them Philly cats (and most def more than Bleek).

The final straws were Dame's idea's on the R.O.C. business started to get worse and worse (in jay's view). The Reasonable Doubt tribute (Jay hated). The Blueprint 2 double CD idea belonged to DAme (jay really wasn't feeling the idea but went along with it). The rapid expanding of Rocafella (with a lack of strategic planning). Jay started to not like R.O.C. anymore. Jay wanted out.

Jay told Dame & Biggs that he wanted the full rights to Reasonable Doubt and that the 2 of them could do whatever they wanted with Roca-a-fella. They declined his request.

Jay then made a sick power move with Cohen being the principle reason as to why it happened (but that's a stroy in itself). This move is why Dame is so hurt right now.... he had no idea it was coming (even though he was aware of the kind of dude Cohen is).
yep....heard this shyt like 3yrs+ ago in a interview with jay in XXL

 Old School said:
At the end it seemed like two separate movements on Rocafella anyway, it was Dame and his projects(Camron, State P, etc..) and Jay doing Jay. I feel the Dynasty could have been even bigger if Jay would have really cosigned the State P guys like he did Memph Bleek, all the were more talented than Bleek and I don't even remember Jay being in one of their videos or a major feature on a single.
jay made a cameo in freeway flipside video and was actually featured on the what we do single




Last edited by Bigakathebeast; 10-22-2007 at 11:58 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #24
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$18,913 | Props total: 1157 1157
 str8_akademiks said:
Kanye would be nowhere without Dame.
Even though Dame was a snake, he brought both Just Blaze and Kanye to Jay and put them on his album. Dame was the only one who supported Kanye as a rapper when the rest of the Roc wasn't tryin to push his music.
exactly...

kanye talked about it, though. he used an analogy like choosing between your mom and dad during a divorce, and he chose the person who had more money and power. dash might as well retire, invest in real estate, and live off his roc-a-fella millions.

it might be a hard transition from "filthy rich" to "just a few mil a year" rich, but i think dame can handle it. unless he finds another jay-z or starts up something big soon, he might as well start planning family vacations.
 10 years ago '04        #25
diff 
space
space
space
$749 | Props total: 0 0
jesus christ fu*k off....i cant take this sh*t.....if Jay dont talk about you shut the fu*k up......everytime this guy drops........damn i sound mad.
 10 years ago '07        #26
GP-Thug 
space
avatar space
space
$275 | Props total: 0 0
He's hurt cos he couldn't move with the game, Jay is a lot more smarter than him thats why he got dropped out of the label he started with jigga man.
 10 years ago '06        #27
93G4Life 
space
avatar space
space
$6,418 | Props total: 2 2
Now he's singing a different tune.. Dude is hurt..
 10 years ago '07        #28
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$41,100 | Props total: 30526 30526
 GP-Thug said:
He's hurt cos he couldn't move with the game, Jay is a lot more smarter than him thats why he got dropped out of the label he started with jigga man.

Actually, Cohen is the one that plotted everything... not Jay.
 10 years ago '06        #29
G2MC 35 heat pts35
space
avatar space
space
$3,382 | Props total: 989 989
 stogz said:
Son... if you would have just paid attention, you would have known what happened. You ain't have to be there at the time, just open your eyes.



Here is the story (in condenced form).


Jay makes album after album, non-stop. Never stops working! Dame was in Jay's ear about "you should take a vacation". Jay listened, and took his first ever vacation.

When Jay comes back from vacation... R.O.C. is different. Dame signed a whole bunch of Dipset cats (without Jay's knowledge of or approval of it). DAme tries to make Cam Vice prez of the R.O.C. Dame seemingly gives more privledges to the Dipset cats rather than them Philly cats (and most def more than Bleek).

The final straws were Dame's idea's on the R.O.C. business started to get worse and worse (in jay's view). The Reasonable Doubt tribute (Jay hated). The Blueprint 2 double CD idea belonged to DAme (jay really wasn't feeling the idea but went along with it). The rapid expanding of Rocafella (with a lack of strategic planning). Jay started to not like R.O.C. anymore. Jay wanted out.

Jay told Dame & Biggs that he wanted the full rights to Reasonable Doubt and that the 2 of them could do whatever they wanted with Roca-a-fella. They declined his request.

Jay then made a sick power move with Cohen being the principle reason as to why it happened (but that's a stroy in itself). This move is why Dame is so hurt right now.... he had no idea it was coming (even though he was aware of the kind of dude Cohen is).
What are you Jay Z's diary? You say this like you know for a fact this is what happened. Like you were there.

As it goes for the ROC. People tend to forget that Roc-a-fella was were it was because of Dame's business hustle. Sure Jay Z's music helped, but if it wasn't for Dame's hustle Roc-a-fella wouldn't have gone anywhere. Dame was always the Business mastermind behind the ROC. Most of the cats that were on Roc-a-fella I never liked but I can admit that it was because of Dame that they were all successful during their run.

Dude said "He signed a bunch of the Dipset cats", you're god damn right he did. When Dame was doing his thing for the ROC I remember everybody was regarded as the next big thing. The Dipset dudes were caking it up ! Everybody was sweating them in those days ! Everybody was wearing pink and yelling out Dipset and Bird gang ! Same thing with with the Philly dudes. While Dame was handling the business of the ROC everybody was sweating the Philly dudes. Beans, Freeway, and the rest of State Property's names in their mouths. As soon as Roc-a-fella fell apart that sh*t stopped.

And to those who say Jay is smarter than Dame answer me this. How come when Dame was handling the business for Roc-a-fella everybody was caking and everybody was standing tall, but when Jay started heading up Def Jam most of the artists there started looking for a home on other labels ? Jay doesn't know how to run a business he only knows how to take care of Jay.


Last edited by G2MC; 10-23-2007 at 05:01 AM..
 10-23-2007, 05:50 AM         #30
Just Jus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"I wish I could do waht's good for Dame and do what's good for myself at the same time"

-Kanye


And that's it folks. It's a business and at the end of the day Kanye didn't see Dame succeeding in the future. Jay was in a better position to put his music out. Dude was hot and Dame had to start a whole new label with way less money than Jay and way less clout in general. You telling me you gonna not go to a proven label like Def Jam to run with a n*gga that's only worth 20 mil and aint got no artists? Loytalty is one thing stupidity is another. People might see it as foul but you still gotta do what's good for yourself when you got a shot liek Kanye had to be one of the biggest dudes in music.
 10 years ago '04        #31
j0hncena 90 heat pts90
space
avatar space
space
$11,074 | Props total: 1559 1559
ROC In They Prime>
 10 years ago '07        #32
Kashiff10 
space
avatar space
space
$464 | Props total: 0 0
 stogz said:
Dame is the one who tried to sabotage the R.O.C. in the first place... now he hurt because he got what he deserved?
how??????
 10 years ago '07        #33
Kashiff10 
space
avatar space
space
$464 | Props total: 0 0
Wheres the loyalty man!!!
 10 years ago '04        #34
2meo 
space
avatar space
space
$3,001 | Props total: 0 0
damn I miss tha old ROC
 10 years ago '05        #35
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$5,411 | Props total: 395 395
I hear truths to it but, at the same time it sounds like he on some he say she say sh*t.
 10-23-2007, 03:24 PM         #36
havana 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lyor Cohen saw that Jay-Z was really out for self and schooled him to the game, the game of using folks to get what you want...Lyor was once RUN DMC's roadie, now he's richer than all of them, he's richer than a lot of dudes...
 10 years ago '07        #37
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$41,100 | Props total: 30526 30526
 havana said:
Lyor Cohen saw that Jay-Z was really out for self and schooled him to the game, the game of using folks to get what you want...Lyor was once RUN DMC's roadie, now he's richer than all of them, he's richer than a lot of dudes...

You couldn't be more wrong... stop talking sh*t just cuz it sounds good to you.
 10 years ago '04        #38
teekarow 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,254 | Props total: 717 717
 qwasian said:
the music business is what it is... you can't put friendship into it and expect it to work.... for example why would kanye stay with dame when dame got out the music biz totally within a year? what sense does that make? and what does that say about the artists he had? that he never believed in them? that kanye and jay was the only ones he wanted to deal with and if he couldn't work with them then fu*k it? everybody else is just lame? lol.. you can read that sh*t 2 different ways.... why should dame eat off kanye if he's not currently in the music biz? he's a leech? dame didn't wanna put kanye on either... kanye was fu*king with rocafella a long time before he got on, and people was trying to get him to do beats first and rap second... including dame, so he believes in him now all the sudden that he's blown up #1? oh okay? that's how that works........ lol, dame dash full of sh*t, they all money hungry hustlers just trying to do whatever works to make money, jay-z beat him at his own game that's all that was
thats not true fam. I remember Dame then sayin that this dude will make it. Kanye will tell you that. so what ur sayin is what u think , not the truth fam. no diss, but maybe you just did not know that fact. If you notice though, Jay has not dropped a profitable Roc album Yet. Ye is a whole notha level. The south is something in itself. That would have happened regardless. Jay has dropped the ball on alot of mcs at def jam. Where in the fu*k is P Crack. J dropped th ball on that money. but noe of that mattters win your Rnb and Kanye and the south is selling. but jays own subsidary is complete trash. one day we may see a Dame reunion. I hope. Dame has made millions. so dont think hes broke. Lookin at Jays moves, i now think Dame was smarter than we all thought. Even J doesnt do the same numbers. think about it.
 10 years ago '07        #39
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$41,100 | Props total: 30526 30526
 Magic City said:
What are you Jay Z's diary? You say this like you know for a fact this is what happened. Like you were there.

As it goes for the ROC. People tend to forget that Roc-a-fella was were it was because of Dame's business hustle. Sure Jay Z's music helped, but if it wasn't for Dame's hustle Roc-a-fella wouldn't have gone anywhere. Dame was always the Business mastermind behind the ROC. Most of the cats that were on Roc-a-fella I never liked but I can admit that it was because of Dame that they were all successful during their run.

Dude said "He signed a bunch of the Dipset cats", you're god damn right he did. When Dame was doing his thing for the ROC I remember everybody was regarded as the next big thing. The Dipset dudes were caking it up ! Everybody was sweating them in those days ! Everybody was wearing pink and yelling out Dipset and Bird gang ! Same thing with with the Philly dudes. While Dame was handling the business of the ROC everybody was sweating the Philly dudes. Beans, Freeway, and the rest of State Property's names in their mouths. As soon as Roc-a-fella fell apart that sh*t stopped.

And to those who say Jay is smarter than Dame answer me this. How come when Dame was handling the business for Roc-a-fella everybody was caking and everybody was standing tall, but when Jay started heading up Def Jam most of the artists there started looking for a home on other labels ? Jay doesn't know how to run a business he only knows how to take care of Jay.
Actually, I do know people in the industtry... i did know people who were around R.O.C. at the time also. However, anyone with open eyes could see clearly what was happening.

Everyone was wearing pink????!? Show me these people... other dipset members weren't even wearing pink.... much less "EVERYONE".

Also, Jay is getting exponentially smarter all the time. How did Dame do without Jay on his label, huh? Where's DDMG? Where's pro keds? Why did Dame "retire" from music? DAme is so arrogant that it blinds his common sense... that's why he is in the situation he's in now. You say that everyone was eating when Dame was on the payroll.... DAme said that when Jay was droppin' (which was every year), the R.O.C. would starve. If everyone was eatin' with Dame in charge, what happen to Rell & Christion? Jay took care of Bleek, not Dame. Beans got benefits from both Jay & DAme. Free upset that he only went gold. You yourself said that Dipset was already cakin', so, how was DAme responsible? Dame didn't begin messin with Cam (on a serious business level) until late 2000, when he brokered his release from Sony (Epic).
 10 years ago '04        #40
teekarow 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,254 | Props total: 717 717
 Just Jus said:
"I wish I could do waht's good for Dame and do what's good for myself at the same time"

-Kanye


And that's it folks. It's a business and at the end of the day Kanye didn't see Dame succeeding in the future. Jay was in a better position to put his music out. Dude was hot and Dame had to start a whole new label with way less money than Jay and way less clout in general. You telling me you gonna not go to a proven label like Def Jam to run with a n*gga that's only worth 20 mil and aint got no artists? Loytalty is one thing stupidity is another. People might see it as foul but you still gotta do what's good for yourself when you got a shot liek Kanye had to be one of the biggest dudes in music.
true dat
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 30
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
66 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 20
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 17
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 9
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 7
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
52 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 7
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy