Oct 22 - Dame Dash's Roc-A-Fella Regrets, "Everyone's Eating Off Kanye Except Me"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
55 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
151 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
196 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #1
5532 pageviews
63 comments

shabz 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$960 | Props total: 11 11
Oct 22 - Dame Dash's Roc-A-Fella Regrets, "Everyone's Eating Off Kanye Except Me"

Damon Dash made a fortune in the music business turning Jay-Z and Kanye West into household names, but in the second part of his SOHH exclusive, Dash reveals his thoughts on Kanye West, the legacy of Roc-A-Fella, and why he left the music business.

With his latest film project, the Nicky Barnes documentary, Mr. Untouchable, in theatres this week, it seems as if Dash has left the music industry behind, for good.

"I'm retired really from music," Dash told SOHH. "I set up Dame Dash Music Group for all the artists I knew were going to get dropped when the sale happened." After a year Dash dissolved the company. "To be honest, if I can't make history again, I don't want to do it."

And what a rich history Dash has had.

"People told me don't mess with Jay-Z at all, then I did. The same exact people told me 'Nah Kanye's not the one,' including Jay-Z," Dash explained. "Then when he came out, everybody's up under him. It's hard to keep arguing about things you know are right."

Despite the fact that Kanye stayed with Jay-Z after the Roc-A-Fella fallout, Dash said he's happy to see Ye win.

"More power to him," Dash told SOHH. "I think it's a good thing that someone that was probably kicked around his whole life is now empowered, it's just what he does with it. The only thing that bothers me about Kanye's situation is that everyone's still eating off it except me. I would have poly'd that deal a little different. Everyone that's still eating off him is everyone that said he couldn't make it, but other than that I'm happy to see what he does."

Asked about his relationship with other Roc-A-Fella artists, Dash responded with his own line of questions.

"Are there any other [artists]," Dash asked? "Does Roc-A-Fella still exist? I haven't seen the chain around lately, so I don't know. When I left it was different. And not to be arrogant or be happy but it's the truth. What do you think about the other Roc-A Fella- artists? Are they gonna come out? It's been about 5 years."

Dash's dedication to the legacy of Roc-A-Fella hasn't completely diminished. Just recently BlockSavvy.com, the social networking site set up by Dash and partner Kareem "Biggs" Burke, offered listeners a chance to hear Beyond Reasonable Doubt, a tribute mixtape put together by Dash before his rift with Jay-Z. The mixtape includes Kanye West, Beanie Siegel, Freeway and other Roc artists laying down their renditions of Jay-Z classics in honor of the 10th Anniversary of Reasonable Doubt.

"You know we gotta get that traffic," Dash said of the BlockSavvy move before adding, "Reasonable Doubt was really the only thing we 100% owned and it was very reflective of us, not Jay - me, Jay, Biggs and the movement. That's why Reasonable Doubt was a classic. I listen to that @#!* and every single thing said, I remember to a tee what he was talking about, because a lot of that @#!* was us. I A&R'd that project, so I know what music I bought, when we did it, who produced it, how we paid them, the changes that we made and I always thought it should be celebrated on a lot of levels because it was reflective of us and we owned it. We can make money from it forever, so I wanted to do something that paid homage to it."

[pic - click to view]

http://www.sohh.com/artic .. icle.php/12828

63 comments for "Oct 22 - Dame Dash's Roc-A-Fella Regrets, "Everyone's Eating Off Kanye Except Me""

10 years ago '06        #2
Nugen2384 
space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 0 0
Well.....Kanye states this on "Last Call", so Dame obviously isnt lying. He should've seen this coming, i mean Kanye did sell someone else out to go to Rocafella.
 10 years ago '05        #3
clarence1986 
space
space
$4,551 | Props total: 5 5
real sh*t from Dash
 10-22-2007, 04:08 PM         #4
cortez543211 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i wanna hear that compilation
 10-22-2007, 04:20 PM         #5
djsmellie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think Dame is still hurt
 10-22-2007, 04:21 PM         #6
eNcrypTioN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats some real sh*t
 10-22-2007, 04:23 PM         #7
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hes speakin the truth but all i ever hear from him is bitter bi*ching and whining.
 10-22-2007, 04:36 PM         #8
King Juels 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dame just got to charge it to the game, it's like dating a scandolous bi*ch, you do everything to please her, and then she dumps you for a n*gga that doggs her the fu*k out, takes all her money, and smacks her up. What can you do about it? Keep it pimpin.
 10 years ago '05        #9
Mrniceguy 
space
space
$3,851 | Props total: 25 25
 King Juels said:
Dame just got to charge it to the game, it's like dating a scandolous bi*ch, you do everything to please her, and then she dumps you for a n*gga that doggs her the fu*k out, takes all her money, and smacks her up. What can you do about it? Keep it pimpin.
That was actually a good analogy!
 10 years ago '07        #10
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,037 | Props total: 30316 30316
Dame is the one who tried to sabotage the R.O.C. in the first place... now he hurt because he got what he deserved?
 10 years ago '04        #11
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
Kanye would be nowhere without Dame.
Even though Dame was a snake, he brought both Just Blaze and Kanye to Jay and put them on his album. Dame was the only one who supported Kanye as a rapper when the rest of the Roc wasn't tryin to push his music.
 10 years ago '04        #12
Tha754kid 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,902 | Props total: 833 833
 stogz said:
Dame is the one who tried to sabotage the R.O.C. in the first place... now he hurt because he got what he deserved?
Hell yeah, this n*gga just hatin cuz he aint eatin anymore
 10-22-2007, 05:07 PM         #13
SKINNI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WHO REALLY KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED. THEY GOT THIER STORIES THEY TELL THE MEDIA & EVERYBODY THAT WASNT THERE SWEAR THEY SOMEHOW KNOW EVERYTHING. ALL I KNOW IS, I MISS THAT ROC sh*t. EVERY DYnasty HAS FALLEN & MOST DIDNT EVEN HAVE A DECENT TEAM BEHIND THE STAR BUT THEY DID. THE GAME AINT BEEN THE SAME
 10-22-2007, 05:18 PM         #14
stackmatics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
word.. i just seen the best of me video with mya and jayz.. and how biggs , hov and dame was walkin out in the roc leather jackets.. sh*t was like the illest team mayne.. i mean it cant all be dame fault.. if u got n*ggas like dehaven that grew up with u saying you not ya brothers keeper.. sh*t just fucced up..
 10 years ago '06        #15
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,634 | Props total: 8566 8566
Dame was that n*gga to me he made the dynasty and Jayz was the superstar player. When Dame left rocafella became wack as fu*k besides Kanye but Kanye is Kanye. I think people look at Jay has the n*gga with all the masterminds with rocawear and all the other sh*t but Dame was apart of that sh*t to. When Dame was there everybody album was out new n*gga kept coming in on the roster. But at the end of the day Dame is still mad but what can you do.
 10 years ago '04        #16
9thFloorManiac 
space
space
$570 | Props total: 13 13
 King Juels said:
Real talk...
 10 years ago '06        #17
NickJ Da Voice 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,435 | Props total: 2 2
Yo Where dame at----Jay I got it from Ye Dam
 10 years ago '04        #18
bigmike123456 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,796 | Props total: 367 367
dame is that dude dont get me wrong i fu*k wit jay but i hate when n*ggas act like dame aint have just as much to do wit roc a fella as jay in sure that n*gga might be a little hurt if me in my n*gga come in to the game broke f!ght through all the bullsh*t together then he just does some foul sh*t like jay did i would of been hurt to
 10 years ago '04        #19
cincinnati_kidd 
space
space
$886 | Props total: 21 21
All i kno is you hear Dame side in a lot of interviews; but Jay never really speaks on it except in one song which really dont get that deep into it; and other then that he aint sayed nothin. Which makes you wonder. The only artist thats speaks on it that was part of the Roc is Beans and even he say Jay did him wrong. And since money talks; we know why everyone stayed
 10 years ago '07        #20
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,037 | Props total: 30316 30316
 SKINNI said:
WHO REALLY KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED. THEY GOT THIER STORIES THEY TELL THE MEDIA & EVERYBODY THAT WASNT THERE SWEAR THEY SOMEHOW KNOW EVERYTHING. ALL I KNOW IS, I MISS THAT ROC sh*t. EVERY DYnasty HAS FALLEN & MOST DIDNT EVEN HAVE A DECENT TEAM BEHIND THE STAR BUT THEY DID. THE GAME AINT BEEN THE SAME

Son... if you would have just paid attention, you would have known what happened. You ain't have to be there at the time, just open your eyes.

Here is the story (in condenced form).

Jay makes album after album, non-stop. Never stops working! Dame was in Jay's ear about "you should take a vacation". Jay listened, and took his first ever vacation.

When Jay comes back from vacation... R.O.C. is different. Dame signed a whole bunch of Dipset cats (without Jay's knowledge of or approval of it). DAme tries to make Cam Vice prez of the R.O.C. Dame seemingly gives more privledges to the Dipset cats rather than them Philly cats (and most def more than Bleek).

The final straws were Dame's idea's on the R.O.C. business started to get worse and worse (in jay's view). The Reasonable Doubt tribute (Jay hated). The Blueprint 2 double CD idea belonged to DAme (jay really wasn't feeling the idea but went along with it). The rapid expanding of Rocafella (with a lack of strategic planning). Jay started to not like R.O.C. anymore. Jay wanted out.

Jay told Dame & Biggs that he wanted the full rights to Reasonable Doubt and that the 2 of them could do whatever they wanted with Roca-a-fella. They declined his request.

Jay then made a sick power move with Cohen being the principle reason as to why it happened (but that's a stroy in itself). This move is why Dame is so hurt right now.... he had no idea it was coming (even though he was aware of the kind of dude Cohen is).
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
75 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
175 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
123 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
58 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy