Oct 19 - KRS-One ""Jay-Z is the GREATEST LYRICIST of All time"

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
201 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
85 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

You

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #141
93G4Life 
space
space
$6,418 | Props total: 2 2
i co-sign KRS-One.. I AM HIP HOP!
 10-21-2007, 12:15 AM         #142
22k  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
greatest african-american musician of all time...get educated on this

10 years ago '04        #143
IceMan 28 heat pts28
space
space
$3,407 | Props total: 1 1
KRS-1 hanging up to many wood plats
 10-21-2007, 01:25 AM         #144
SoMe d0p3 Shyt  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if i thought bout it i could probly think of about 10 ppl better that jay....

Pluz how would u wanna vote the ultimate 'Biter' not a writer' Jay Z....

He'z juzt a mimic of everyonez shyt...of course hiz lyricz are dope, itz juzt a collection of everyone best....Snoop, Slick Rick, BIG, Rakim, NaS, Big L, Pac....

Don't believe then check:
"He's a Biter" Cam'ron Diss...
Check You Tube "1995 Big L Jay-Z Stretch & Bobbito Session", haha he for some reason soundz juzt like Big L'z Style...

Other then that Jay-Z iz a solid artist..thatz all i can give him...

For all u haterz that want to click to 'Hate' button on me..BEFORE u do check to 2 reason i put a few linez up ^^

:rolleyes:
 10-21-2007, 01:28 AM         #145
finesse1272  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Domic462 said:
KRS-one is saying a lot of ignorant sh*t lately.

Em in his prime>>>> Jay
Redman>>>> jay
Andre 3000>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.......Jay
Pac>>>>.......................Jay

Get off Jay's nuts I'm gonna start postin wack Jay-z lines.
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow:wow::wow::wow::w ow:
 10-21-2007, 01:44 AM         #146
finesse1272  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 micwrecka said:
so was your father the hatin a**hole or your mom the hatins.lut? or hell were they both haters? maybe they were just retarded or just plain dumbfu*ks to have a son like you.

afterall I cant put the blame entirely on you, it isnt your fault.

i am almost positive youre the best mistake they ever had.
Finish him (Mortal kombat Voice)

FATALITY
 10-21-2007, 05:32 AM         #147
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Most of ya n*gga/honky/spics and what have you dont even listen to lyrics like that.

But for real dont flip on KRS for saying how he feel that his opinion, just like you have yours and I have mines.

The fact is hip-hop is very stagnate and creativity is at a stand still, Me Im sick of having this discussion ten years later (Who's the best MC alive? Biggie Jay-Z and Nas), Growing up They was always that new n*gga to take over but ain't nobody really stepped up to the plate like that.

Crooked I, Cannibus, Rass Kass ,Joe Budden,Joell Ortiz,50, Immortal,Jada, Beanie,Papoose have been around for a long time, like at least 8 yrs or even more.

DJ with there wack artist they showcase,Radio, artist,A&R's, and wack rappers with a myspace k!lling hip-hop.

10 years ago '04        #148
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,594 | Props total: 1013 1013
Pac>Hov>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Eve ryone else.
 10 years ago '04        #149
2meo 
space
space
$3,001 | Props total: 0 0
 240ka said:
KRS's comments have been absolutely absurd lately.

no one can come close to Nas especially when it come to lyricism.

KRS has been contradicted himself like crazy.

he thinks he's the end all be all for hiphop and obviously has lost his mind.

im coming close to ssaying fu*k KRS if he keeps up with his comments

nas, The Game, royce da 5'9 cannibus and kanye's ltrics sh*ts on all of jays with ease.

jay has always been overrated and not that good.

Beanie Sigel, Foxy brown and Amil all smashed jay long ago him
hate hate hate hate hate hate
 10 years ago '04        #150
polorsport2345 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,161 | Props total: 1608 1608
da heck, its just KRS who said that... this n*gga is hip hop but he aint no damn sick lyricist... what would he know about what it takes to be one

Last edited by polorsport2345; 10-21-2007 at 10:29 AM..
 10-21-2007, 10:30 AM         #151
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 polorsport2345 said:
da heck, its just KRS who said that... this n*gga is hip hop but he aint no damn sick lyricist... what would he know about what it takes to be one
 10-21-2007, 10:58 AM         #152
Sleepy17  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jay Z is one if not the best artist lyrically....
Biggie and Tu Pac would be my only other arguments
 10-21-2007, 11:07 AM         #153
b1thatproducer  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
em and jay.

and i heard that this big pun guy existed.. so stop forgetting about dude, he was nasty too
 10-21-2007, 11:10 AM         #154
b1thatproducer  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 finesse1272 said:
Finish him (Mortal kombat Voice)

FATALITY

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
 10-21-2007, 08:30 PM         #155
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 polorsport2345 said:

Whoah.... Since when is KRS no lyrcist?

and Pac was never a real lyricist, he even said he held back. What he was good at was putting his emotions in it to make you feel it and he was very versatile but he was by no mean the illest lyricist, he was more but his verse on "Smile"
one of the greatest verse I ever heard, but he was by no way one of the best lyricist He was great at provoking a certain type of emotion

Alright Start The Hate Already....
 10 years ago '04        #156
teekarow 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,250 | Props total: 716 716
 Bullseye said:
You know, hearing this kind of bothers me. Or maybe we have different definitions of "greatest". Or maybe most people who say this were very young when Tupac was still alive.

Jay-Z may have accomplished a lot career-wise, but when I think of the word "great", I think of someone like Tupac.

Jay-Z's music seems to be more about wittiness and entertainment. Tupac's music was more powerful. That's why it broke every social barrier. Everyone loved him. Kids, teens, adults, elders, blacks, whites. latinos, natives. asians, men, women, gay, strait, and just about everything you can think of. He did something that most artists just can't do. He moved his fans. They felt him. He had everyone singing along to his songs and blasting it through their stereos. And it was not because it was catchy or entertaining... it was because it empowered them. To me, that's what I call a great artist! Jay-Z has good songs, but how many GREAT songs does he have? Here are Great/Powerful songs by Tupac:

"Keep Ya Head Up"
"Unconditional Love"
"Dear Mama"
"Don't You Trust Me"
"Thugz Mansion"
"Shorty Wanna Be A Thug"
"To Live and Die in L.A."
"Changes"
"Baby Don't Cry"
"I Wonder if Heaven Got a Ghetto"
"Wonder Why They Call You B*tch"
"Do for Love"
"Life Goes On"
I dont want to offend anyone. this imo. but Pac was a good rapper and maybe would have took it to the next level, but he passed before he could really take it there. Yes. Pax said some real ish. but on the real, it was cool to like pac. Thre was alot of Pac dicck riders. I mean, on some tracks he was sayin some powerful stuff that needed to be heard. On others he was so crazy ignorant that I could not find the balance in between. How many of these youngins that looked up to Pac, looked up to him for his powerful thoughtprovokin insperation. Or did folks jump on the Supa Thug Bandwagon. I would a.ssume most choose the latter because around that time, every supposed thug loved Pac. Im sure there is quite a few cats who got locked because they were willin to ride or die on there enemies and just did not give a fuc* because Pac did the same. Foreal, and yall not gonna like this, but i think Pac was takin out, because he abused his power. He had the power to influence so many, but towards his end, he went on the deep end. the devil got in him. It was said he was goin so hard for the bread, if so, he would have started the War the would have changed hip hop as we know it. The east vs west was about to pop off before he died. Alot of rappers and innocent cats would have been k!lled just becuase of the coast they were on. To me, music is not supposed to cause harm to people, and Pac was takin it there, maybe he did not know it. .................skill wise though, Pac was never the tightest with the wordplay. He just said real Sh*t. Real uplifting , and real k!lla. let the hate begin. but im sure some feel me. I love Pac, pre deatrow though.
 10 years ago '04        #157
teekarow 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,250 | Props total: 716 716
 polorsport2345 said:
that shows your hip hop level. thats real sad homie. If you ask your favorite lyrists favorite. He will tell you its KRS. Hes a freestylers freestyler. ya digg. His wordplay was sick then, but i think its even sicker now. An mc is supposed to get better with time. KRS and G rap prove that theory. and they were the tightest then. man do your research. for hip hops sake.
 10-23-2007, 07:53 PM         #158
ZAFT  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
KRS is a legend and all that but he's saying some fu*ked up sh*t lately....c'mon man, Jay isn't even top 20. He's the most overrated mc ever and far from being one of the greatest, leave alone "the" greatest.
 10-23-2007, 08:13 PM         #159
mike-nifty  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
best lyricist NO... best lyricist is Canibus with ease.

Jay-Z best to do what he does and biggest influence on hiphop yes. ONe of the greatest of all time depends what you listen to and what type of artform in rap you like, me persoanlly Canibus is my favorite artist of all-time. But no doubt Jay has done the most for hiphop which would probably make him the greatest of all time.
 10-24-2007, 05:58 PM         #160
sykoj0e  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 240ka said:
haha yeah right.

Big l was better than jay but no where close to nas's caliber
yeah... your fu*kin up.. jus chill with that.. 3 greatest rappers ever

BIG, BIG L, Big PUN... nas cant touch them

Last edited by sykoj0e; 10-24-2007 at 06:05 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
81 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
289 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
43 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
67 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
47 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
70 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
62 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy