most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
67 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
90 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

You

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #101
jae premier 
space
space
$2,491 | Props total: 77 77
as far as straight lyricism, dont forget about cats like ras kass, canibus and the gza. those guys may not be as relevant today, but their body of work speaks for itself in history
 10-19-2007, 07:14 PM         #102
CenterField  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 legacy313 said:
Think about it, have u ever heard Jay talk about something thats effects us all instead of just the hustlers and millionares
not his fault your not a hustler
 10-19-2007, 07:51 PM         #103
trice26  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DINER0 said:
Big L was ill but like I tell everybody how you bring his name up and Not Lord Finess,the n*gga who he sound like let be real Big L nice as fukk he a beast but how you not gonna bring up Lord Finess...

and to be real Melly Mel birth all these MC :D

Without him they wouldnt be No gangsta rap ( the Message first hardcore rap)
there wouldnt be no big words rappers(krs, chuck d,rakim) ,slick rick, nwa and whoever came after them big pac nas jay-z jada who gave birth to the new n*gga like Budden, Papoose, Lil Wayne and all this
yep what he said,,,, cosign:wow::D
 10-19-2007, 08:17 PM         #104
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
idk about greatest LYRICIST but thats just one category

Jay is the G.O.A.T. IMO
 10 years ago '04        #105
305gangstamuzik 
space
space
$1,994 | Props total: 0 0
Good Read.
 10 years ago '07        #106
Diplomatt15 
space
space
$3,999 | Props total: 960 960
Big Pun>>>>>>Jigga
 10-19-2007, 08:32 PM         #107
cpalmer1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LL Cool J, Rakim, PAC, BIG, BIG PUN.. in thier prime weres the best. Listen to the classics people.

Jay's rhymes are about the same things; money, drug-dealing, and women.

KRS One is just looking for a job.. He's now kissing up to Nelly.

One thing I've learn in my life is this: Never trust a man with a big nose.
He's a lier.
 10-19-2007, 08:49 PM         #108
Domic462  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DINER0 said:
Yeah n*gga go do your research The Message created that lane for gangsta/reality rap. If it wasnt for that n*gga be rapping bout partying, and not only did it do that it created the 16 bar go to hook format.Cause rap records were more like SugarHill Hang Rapper delight 15 minutes long.

And Schooly D and Kool G Rap was doing it before NWA but Melle Mel Was the prototype, go do your research younging. You probably think Bone Thugs invented that fast rapping style too.
I know my history but what you are saying is ignorant. So your basiclly saying that if Mel didn't exist their would be no gangsta rap what so ever. Just because someone does something first doesn't mean it wouldn't have been done by someone else at a later time. Too many black people where in ghettos to not have some type of gangsta rap eventually.
 10-19-2007, 09:43 PM         #109
King Juels  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
AZ>>>Jay-Z
 10 years ago '04        #110
gunits50cent187 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,220 | Props total: 1525 1525
why is it that boxden consists of so many d*ckriders?its like a d*ckrider convention on this bi*ch..Ok so your goin to say sh*t about my name cool..i was young n immature when i made this fu*kin name u c*nt..now im grown and got a lot of knowledge...people d*ckride anything thats d*ckridable..get laid for once
 10 years ago '04        #111
teekarow 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,256 | Props total: 718 718
 DINER0 said:
Big L was ill but like I tell everybody how you bring his name up and Not Lord Finess,the n*gga who he sound like let be real Big L nice as fukk he a beast but how you not gonna bring up Lord Finess...

and to be real Melly Mel birth all these MC :D

Without him they wouldnt be No gangsta rap ( the Message first hardcore rap)
there wouldnt be no big words rappers(krs, chuck d,rakim) ,slick rick, nwa and whoever came after them big pac nas jay-z jada who gave birth to the new n*gga like Budden, Papoose, Lil Wayne and all this
agreed. good post. Mel was sick foreal. but in these days and times and the longevity of their reign , i gotta side with Kris but I think Esco is slightly better than J because of the more relevant rhymes. Jay is my #2. I thought Krs said Nas was the best at one point. oh well. I do think G would eat these dudes though.
 10 years ago '04        #112
teekarow 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,256 | Props total: 718 718
 Domic462 said:
I know my history but what you are saying is ignorant. So your basiclly saying that if Mel didn't exist their would be no gangsta rap what so ever. Just because someone does something first doesn't mean it wouldn't have been done by someone else at a later time. Too many black people where in ghettos to not have some type of gangsta rap eventually.
sorry, but this is one stupid post. Your talkin woulda coulda homie. it is what it is. Who knows how hip hop would have evolved without Mel.You dont. Mel played his part like many others and created a lane for fellow mcs to follow or ride in. Accept it.
 10-19-2007, 10:36 PM         #113
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Domic462 said:
Well He still the 1st to do it,its like Hip-Hop dont respect the legends Like Rock & Roll respect the legends(least the white ones) but us latino and black lack any respect for the forefather.Its like Columbus gets props for "discovering" The Americas( supposedly named after the Amerique,A Ttribe native to Peru) but Like back to Melle Mel regardless of the fact he was the alpha,the 1st a true pioneer. Second place is the 1st looser, and he blaze the trail other follow.

Well none of them did .That beside the point.
 10-19-2007, 10:40 PM         #114
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jae premier said:
as far as straight lyricism, dont forget about cats like ras kass, canibus and the gza. those guys may not be as relevant today, but their body of work speaks for itself in history
cosign and I like to add G-rap.Slick Rick,Joe Budden,Papoose, Scarface, 2short, Keith Murray,Nature, Tragedy, Nature, GhostFace,Raekwon, and Half A Mill...
 10-19-2007, 11:17 PM         #115
Ni2  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you wont hear the word jayz without hearing the word hustler.
 10 years ago '07        #116
Wilder GOAT 259 heat pts259
space
space
$8,714 | Props total: 2543 2543
Ask Cam that
 10 years ago '06        #117
a_ruff24 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,332 | Props total: 5 5
jay-z<eminem? what!?
maybe jay-z 30yrs ago<emenim prime
 10-20-2007, 12:40 AM         #118
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^ And You got the n*gga Jigga in ya avatar.
All of you just hate to admit it.Give it up, one of the most respected Lyricist gave it up to Hov and now all all of sudden he is out of his mind.

But the only guy in hip-hop who been so consistent is Ghost (yeah thats right )with his astounding catalog,Also check The Gangstarr,MOP, AZ and Kool G Rap catalog but due to label politics they have not been able to attain the same level of success that Jay-Z has.
 10 years ago '05        #119
dameons 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$1,546 | Props total: 70 70
Garbage...I'd much rather hear the" Dead Presidents" instrumental than the ones where Jay rambles on about nothing for three torturously dull verses..
 10-20-2007, 01:58 AM         #120
RealWorldSht  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just peep the song link I posted on page 1..

No-one can argue, Jays the man in that..
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
83 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
74 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
195 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
121 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
112 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
70 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy