Image(s) inside Biggest fall off in music industry history :tylereww:
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA The sh-t Curry did to grown men is worse than someone making you fall
36 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
🔥🔥🔥The Notorious B.I.G. - You're Nobody Till Somebody ..
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Mother of Three
53 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

You

Props Slaps
 10-19-2007, 09:30 AM         #61
currybai  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jay z is a great lyricist but GOAT? come on now lol. I can name at least 20 people who is lyrically better, dont mean they got better subject matter or a better rapper, but in terms of being lyrical, they are better.
 10-19-2007, 09:31 AM         #62
Calvo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how come no ones mentioned ghostface? he's iller than all these n*ggas
 11 years ago '05        #63
Friday 1 heat pts
space
space
$657 | Props total: 16 16
jay-z and KRS-One can hold deez.
 10-19-2007, 10:31 AM         #64
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont think jay z is the greatest ever....he's pretty good but................Big Pun, Eminem, Nas, r like light years ahead of jay z lyrically
 10-19-2007, 10:32 AM         #65
micwrecka  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Face3Stacks said:
sombody is gettin E motional over the internet
yeah coming from a guy who started this whole sh*t and gave me hate.

awww did i touch a nerve? were you that pist off i exposed your mom as as.lut that you had to give me boxden hate?
 10-19-2007, 10:35 AM         #66
FriscoGiant  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 OOps said:
we all know its 2pac, B.i.g>>>>>>>>>> everybody else can take a walk, especially jigga man.
I'm riding w/ you and adding can't give props to a biter.
 11 years ago '04        #67
DJ Maximum|M 51 heat pts51
space
space
$44,338 | Props total: 15050 15050
Thank U Ive Been Saying For Years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 11 years ago '07        #68
lil man 
space
space
$395 | Props total: 0 0
man to tell you the truth theres to much of them jay-z , big , nas , Eminem , krs , common , mos def and pac
 10-19-2007, 10:53 AM         #69
CenterField  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why isn't Jay on the boxden banner? Take pac and kanye off

Last edited by CenterField; 10-19-2007 at 10:58 AM..
 10-19-2007, 11:00 AM         #70
CenterField  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Canibus is ill as fu*k when it comes to saying nothing in verse after verse.
:applause: Canibus=Fiction
 10-19-2007, 11:14 AM         #71
SozaSpecial  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jay the best overall...n*ggaz can fu*k with him on certain categories but he prolly top 5 in every one
 11 years ago '07        #72
Bullseye 60 heat pts60
space
space
$9,097 | Props total: 2107 2107
KRS ONE co signs, that a big co-sign.... Chuck D said the same thing in 4korners Magazine, no
longer in publication, that Jay the best due to fact to his extensive diction that allow him to master the English language with ease.
Mastered the English language??

Not to brag, but throughout most of my life I've been considered "ahead" of all my peers in my English classes in almost every grade growing up. My mother started me early with reading and audio books before I even entered pre-school.

I can personally say that Jay-Z is NOT even close to the word "master" when it comes to the English language. Rappers that I can say for sure that have heard make excellent usage of the English language and really understand it are:

Rakim, Nas, Canibus and Mos Def
. I'm sure there are more, but those come to mind immediately. Jay-Z does not. He is clever at times with word usage and wordplay. I'll give him that, but he does not possess the vocabulary, understanding, nor incite, to spit rhymes on the level of any of the four that I mentioned.

KRS-ONE is scaring me these days with his statements. Not sure what he's going through, but I hope he gets better.

Last edited by Bullseye; 10-19-2007 at 11:37 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #73
Magnolia 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,407 | Props total: 354 354
 trmfinest said:
Name one rapper who been in the game for so long and so good as Jay??

Listin in the beginning to "What more can i say"

"aint a n*gga this good for this long"

Muthfu*ka be hatin on Jay but name one rapper who been that good for so long!!?
Stop hatin and give the man the respect he deserves like them legend are givin Jay!!
the only reason why jay is lasing long cause pac and biggie is dead.
 10-19-2007, 12:08 PM         #74
Face3Stacks  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 micwrecka said:
yeah coming from a guy who started this whole sh*t and gave me hate.

awww did i touch a nerve? were you that pist off i exposed your mom as as.lut that you had to give me boxden hate?
expose my mom:rolleyes: how's that if she's dead
 11 years ago '05        #75
legacy313 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,256 | Props total: 1491 1491
Top 5 Lyricists:

1. Nas

2. Andre 3000

3. Common

4. Scarface

5. Ice Cube

Jay is in my top 5 mcs of all time but as far as lyricists he is no where near the top 5. This is because he has never said anything thought provoking or stood up for anything besides himself. He has great wordplay, but it takes substance to be great lyrically thats why u dont see people like Biggie, Canibus, or Big Pun on my list because I never felt like they represented anything but entertainment. Think about it, have u ever heard Jay talk about something thats effects us all instead of just the hustlers and millionares or have u ever learned anything about life listening to him?

Last edited by legacy313; 10-19-2007 at 12:11 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #76
Djkommish6 
space
space
$2,973 | Props total: 67 67
greatest rap artist TRUE!!!! yes, but greatest lyricist? What about B.I.G., Big L, Big Pun, NAS, I mean COME one, Mos Def, Talib, I can name a hundred artists Lyrically BEtter, but I guess sales, poularity, and mainstream mass appeal account which makes him the best rap artist, I mean why do you get into rap!?
 11 years ago '04        #77
bigtrevdogg 
space
space
$2,069 | Props total: 489 489
i think kris was just being a little sarcastic.
 11 years ago '04        #78
bigtrevdogg 
space
space
$2,069 | Props total: 489 489
 AK1 said:
How can you be the best lyricist ever when you are a BITER!?!?

Close thread.
yeah, it is funny how jay tries to switch up a few words in lines he take from other people. he gets away with that because the lil youngins who don't know slick rick, rakim , kane rhymes swear it is all jay..........lol.........but he is still one of my favorites.............but i haven't been feelin his new sh*t too much

Last edited by bigtrevdogg; 10-19-2007 at 12:40 PM..
 11 years ago '06        #79
G2MC 35 heat pts35
space
space
$3,389 | Props total: 1026 1026
I guess Alzheimer finally caught up to these "old schoolers".

They must've forgotten about cats like Big L, Big Pun, Rakim, Canibus, etc.

Hell even LL is more lyrical than Jay z.
 11 years ago '06        #80
Hit Em' Up 61 heat pts61
space
space
space
$4,984 | Props total: 1763 1763
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
"This" is not "exactly" what you were "talkin about in another post", yada, yada.

Why not? Well, I'd wager I'm smarter than you & know more than you - not just about rap, but about most things. Don't feel bad though, you're in the same position as the vast, vast majority of BX. Taking this into account though, you cannot attempt to pigeon-hole me.

Furthermore, I'm smarter than Canibus, so I'm not impressed by him rapping gibberish with a thesaurus to hand.

Don't "drop canibus for the sake of it" - if you're not dropping him for his lack of substance, then don't drop him at all. Bear that mark of idiocy with pride.

Pun could rhyme very well. Never really said much, but could rhyme. Funny how you whine about guns or w/e, whilst at the same time bigging up Pun who rapped about...the appropriate economic model for Puerto Rico?
Basing your judgment of my knowledge on nothing and other people who have nothing to do with me and determining you smarter because of that... yeah, your a real smart guy ....

And who gives a dam who ure smarter then...no one cares...shyt i wasnt even talkin to you in the first place hoe. Were talking bout lyricists not your dumass and how he clearly had a much larger vocabulary that people like u cant decipher and uses it to his advantage.

Completely ignored my last statement and carried on with your beleif that he means nothing so i wont even comment on that. And idiot i said canibus was sick without even basing 90% of his lyrics about gun talk, not every rapper. Learn to read. Even without swearing tho pun wud still smash jay z in any given way once again due to his larger vocabulary.

the fu*k outa here wit that c*cky attitude n at this homo thinking hes smarter then anyone else...

Last edited by Hit Em' Up; 10-19-2007 at 01:05 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Giving out da ehroll and the wet noodle🍲
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Deep Dark Web
111 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
May 19 - African Americans lead other minority groups in terms of spending pow..
86 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Call Of Duty Black Ops IIII Gameplay
68 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Cardi B Speech But She Only Makes Weird Noises
74 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside May 18 - Trump orders Postmaster General to DOUBLE Amazon's shipping r..
61 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Colin Farrell destroying bullys dad
48 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside May 19 - Here's #1 Factor Experts Say Accounts for High Number of Mass..
157 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy