Oct 19 - KRS-One ""Jay-Z is the GREATEST LYRICIST of All time"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
168 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
126 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

You

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #21
trmfinest 
space
space
space
$147 | Props total: 3 3
Name one rapper who been in the game for so long and so good as Jay??

Listin in the beginning to "What more can i say"

"aint a n*gga this good for this long"

Muthfu*ka be hatin on Jay but name one rapper who been that good for so long!!?
Stop hatin and give the man the respect he deserves like them legend are givin Jay!!
 10-19-2007, 03:47 AM         #22
DaminOG™  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
just cause he been around dont mean hes GOAT.
 10 years ago '04        #23
blizzard 2 heat pts
space
space
$553 | Props total: 16 16
 AK1 said:
Big L, Nas, and Eminem>Jay-Z
(lyricists)

No way. That horse been dead. It is Jay. And please stop using the greater than sh*t this isnt algebra.
 10 years ago '04        #24
blizzard 2 heat pts
space
space
$553 | Props total: 16 16
 OOps said:
we all know its 2pac, B.i.g>>>>>>>>>> everybody else can take a walk, especially jigga man.
Hahaha!!! They are dead and gone let them rest. It has been made clear its not them or nobody else would release records. Get over that sh*t. 1997 was ten years ago. Them brothers are not on an island working on a secret album together like all you super fans think.:finger:
 10-19-2007, 04:26 AM         #25
RealWorldSht  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yo blizzard, listen to the jigga clip I put up.. jigga doubletiming. fu*king ill.
 10-19-2007, 05:03 AM         #26
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
KRS has officially made the Internet mad. Gotta love it
 10-19-2007, 05:13 AM         #27
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 heveweight said:
Its a difficult question because im not sure what defines a lyrist.

Using extensive vocabulary used, wordplay, rhyme pattern, metaphores and similies, punchlines ,humour, wit, and concepts behind the music.

Without question Canibus has the most extensive vocubulary and the most varied and unusual concepts in his music....for me lyicaly he is the best...but his rhyme pattern, flow, puchlines and wit are poor .

Eminem has good wordplay, a decent vocabulay and humour, (although i dont like it) he has the most varied flows but the concepts behind his music a lot of people cant relate to and he doesnt really use metaphores and similies as much in his music....his music is probably more about conveying emotion, shock value and unusual flows than tight lyrics

Big L had it all...the best wordplay, similies and metaphores, the best wit, he had a decent flow but the concepts behind his music were probably not as varied and of course he only brought out one album which isnt a big enough catalogue to say the best lyricist of all time.

Nas has the best concepts behind his songs, they are varied and deep, his vocabulary is amazing, he has a great flow but his humour and wit arent great, he doesnt really do punchlines and his wordplay isnt great either.

Jay z's wordplay is crazy (perhaps as good as big L's), he has varied similies and metaphores, an extensive subject matter, humour, wit and puchlines, a variation of flows and a good vocabulary...and he has done it consistantly for 11 year.s

I would say that jay z could be considered the best all round lyricist but their are rappers who have been better than him in evry department except maybe flow and its very close between Big L and him on wordpay.....but overall the total package of a lyricist.....in other words he leads the league on overall points but doesnt top any tables in indiviual categories

Its just my opinion though.

Good valid points.But Pac said it Best in a old rare interview in 4 Korner Magazine, the n*gga said I could use big words ,which he did but i forgot what words he rhymes (not the point(, but he said him moving around so much he knew most ghetto n*gga aint that sophisticated and he chose to keep it relatively simple.

But as far as Big L, and that my dude since the 8 is Enuff track " fu*k with me alotta n*gga be wearing shades" (classic)
But How ya mention Big L and not mention Lord Finess " Hip-Hop without Finess is Like The NBA without Jordan" (Vintage"

Most ya n*gga talking bout lyrics only listen to the beat ( "do you listen to music or do you skip right through it" (real n*gga know that line author)

Jay-Z catalog is Ridiculous His sh*t not only extensive n*gga got the hits and gritty sh*t, like not many artist especially in hip-hop done it with so much consistancy.Like cmon be serious

No need to further discuss " gets you cd outs let go song for song im the illest n*gga doing it till ya prove me wrong" (unrelease)
 10-19-2007, 05:17 AM         #28
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RealWorldSht said:
yo blizzard, listen to the jigga clip I put up.. jigga doubletiming. fu*king ill.
Yeah I remember Ralph Mcdaniel Playing this sh!t on Video Music Box(dam so many memories) peep the video with Chubby Chub(he now dj out in Boston):

10-19-2007, 05:18 AM         #29
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bonus Video(one of my favorite track back in the days)
 10-19-2007, 05:48 AM         #30
Double Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well i just lost some respect for KRS-One. Rakim >>> Apathy >>> Eminem >>> Notorious B.I.G. >> Jay-Z
 10-19-2007, 05:49 AM         #31
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
KRS isn't the only one.
 10 years ago '06        #32
Cezaroh 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,233 | Props total: 1550 1550
 trmfinest said:
Name one rapper who been in the game for so long and so good as Jay??

Listin in the beginning to "What more can i say"

"aint a n*gga this good for this long"

Muthfu*ka be hatin on Jay but name one rapper who been that good for so long!!?
Stop hatin and give the man the respect he deserves like them legend are givin Jay!!
nas,andre 3000,ice cube,eminem,too short,etc.... plus most his rhymes comes from other people or is recycled by him he should atlest give some credit to the people he took it from.How is he gonna say dont put his verse on other rappers records when he did the same to as on dead presidents his hottest lines arent even his
 10-19-2007, 05:51 AM         #33
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cezaroh said:
nas,andre 3000,ice cube,eminem,too short,etc.... plus most his rhymes comes from other people or is recycled by him he should atlest give some credit to the people he took it from.How is he gonna say dont put his verse on other rappers records when he did the same to as on dead presidents his hottest lines arent even his
Just admit you don't like Jay-Z.
 10 years ago '06        #34
Da prophecy 
space
space
space
$144 | Props total: 0 0
 DINER0 said:

Most ya n*gga talking bout lyrics only listen to the beat ( "do you listen to music or do you skip right through it" (real n*gga know that line author)

that line should have read "or do you just skim through it"
 10 years ago '06        #35
Da prophecy 
space
space
space
$144 | Props total: 0 0
 DINER0 said:

KRS ONE co signs, that a big co-sign.... Chuck D said the same thing in 4korners Magazine, no
longer in publication, that Jay the best due to fact to his extensive diction that allow him to master the English language with ease.

[pic - click to view]

But check it for yourself:

i see you havent quite mastered the english language... are you foreign or something?
 10-19-2007, 07:39 AM         #36
StateZFinest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Big L, Em, biggie, nas, are all better lyricists than jay-z
 10 years ago '06        #37
LYTE 125 heat pts125
space
space
space
$14,123 | Props total: 4705 4705
again JAYZ is the BEST OVERALL RAPPER EVER TO DATE!!
and so wat chuck d or krs or anybody else from the old school or any school says it. It's only THEIR OPINION. it doesnt make it everybody's fact
 10-19-2007, 07:54 AM         #38
camron34  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn, if the Blastmaster says it, then it's valid. KRS 1 was one of the best to ever do it and was one of my favorites. Jay Z should be honored. Rakim, KRS, Chuck, LL in his day, EM, Pac, Biggie, Nas and Redman all in their prime all were great as well.
 10-19-2007, 08:08 AM         #39
micwrecka  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why the fu*k wont KRS just go away already? I mean the n*gga had his time in the 80's.

yes... 20 years ago!

There ought to be a law for anyone who turns a certain age to stop rapping and to quit making statements in the media like anyone cares.
 10 years ago '06        #40
Loco Poe 
space
space
$2,542 | Props total: 729 729
big L, Biggie, Big Pun, Nas, Beanie Sigel, Canibus > Jay Z lyrically... jayz is the most overated rapper of all time fu*k him hes a biter .. i dunno why ppl think hes so sick.. to me hes alright but nothing exept reasonable doubt actually was GREAT for me.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
253 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
74 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
32 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
27 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
18 comments
18 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden member addressing PORC & trolling accusations
43 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
42 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
92 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy