Oct 18 - THUG CULTURE IS A CANCER DESTROYING BLACK AMERICA

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
29 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
100 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
269 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
74 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '07        #81
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,097 | Props total: 30490 30490
 DTownPistonsFan said:
AH HA!! Here's where I see where you are confused. You clearly, once again, have not actually read what he said. The Code that dude wrote is NOT how people live today. Just cuz it's the "thug" code doesn't mean it's the same as the "thug" culture the article is talking about. This is why you need to get past buzz words and actually read some sh*t. The thug code had good points like not selling to kids, not shooting up people's homes where their families reside, not shooting up parties/concerts, etc. There is no morality in the thug culture today. We got kids out here, like he said, walkin around toting guns like it's cool and shootin sideways like a jackass. We got kids DYING. We got kids on drugs and alcohol. If there was any kind of morality in the thug culture, I might respect it more, then I would care less about its influence. But I still see kids getting hit by strays and teenage single moms on drugs. And like I said before, hip-hop isn't the cause of that, but it's not helping and it's making things worse.

What determines a "thug"?

If you shoot up a club or a home where a family lives, that makes you a thug? That happens everyday outside the black community. Kids on drugs toting guns shooting sideways... you got stats on the way kids shoot guns? Are there more kids shooting guns than are not shooting guns? Is kids and guns a "thug culture"/ black america problem? Or just an american problem?

Kids on drugs and alcohol... a "thug culture"/ black america problem? Or just an american problem?

You are not making a valid point! You are not saying anything that seperates black america from america.

-kids on drugs and alcohol (see lindsay lohan, drew barrymore, paris hilton in their early to mid teens)
-teenage single moms on drugs

how the h*ll is this confined to black america caused in part by "thug culture"???

The amount of stories of white kids that get caught with handguns and a.ssault rifles that come and go . Yet you would have me believe that it is a big BLACK problem instead of just a big problem, PERIOD!

Guns -- not created by hip-hop. Here before hip-hop. If you want to stop gun violence, outlaw guns... don't bash hip-hop as the course of action.

Drugs -- not created by hip-hop. Here before hip-hop. If you want to stop drug selling and abuse, outlaw drugs... don't bash hip-hop as the course of action.
 10 years ago '07        #82
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,097 | Props total: 30490 30490
To conclude for tonight.... (and maybe forever).

If you can easily generalize "thug culture" as the biggest reasons as to why "black america" is in the position it is now... then, you are not looking for a real answer. You are looking for an easy answer. Until you start to think, really take a look at what's going on from both the inside and outside..... you'll never be more than a pawn.
 10 years ago '04        #83
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
$3,003 | Props total: 1 1
 stogz said:

If you can easily generalize "thug culture" as the biggest reasons as to why "black america" is in the position it is now... then, you are not looking for a real answer. You are looking for an easy answer. Until you start to think, really take a look at what's going on from both the inside and outside..... you'll never be more than a pawn.
Yeah. We're done forever. You're clearly retarded. All that typing and all those bullet points and you still think I'm blaming hip-hop for something or saying that it's the biggest reason we're in the current state we're in. "Don't bash hip-hop as a course of action." *sigh* Yeah, that's what I was doing. I probably made like 20 posts or something in this thread, whenever you pull your head out of your a.ss, find the one where I said "it's hip hop's fault we...____." Or find the one where I said hip-hop created guns and violence. I'm not even gonna state my point for the trillionth time. It's clearly wasted on you.
 10 years ago '04        #84
htown 
space
space
space
$2,755 | Props total: 766 766
 Steveo54 said:
stogz....come on man, you cant blame the government for kids dropping out of school and selling drugs etc. If they really wanted to learn and be successful, they would go to school every day, go to community college, get a decent degree and a decent job. Hell, they would at least get a job somewhere simple like say the DOT or something.

Kids get caught up in wanting to be "gangsta" and think its cool and so they sell drugs and dont work hard in school....

i aint saying all schools are equal, cause they arent, but 1st off books from 10 years ago are basically just as good as ones today. Alegbra hasnt changed, not much history has (everyone knows about 9/11), the only legitimate argument is technology. 2nd, i dont know where you go to school, but in the U.S. to be a teacher you must have a college degree...so fu*k that inadaquate sh*t.
Have you ever attended an inner city high school?

I was in one and I can tell that even though rap music and trying to be gangsta does influence these kids....the much bigger influence these kids have is coming from their personal real life experiences.

Most of the kids selling drugs and dropping out have fathers in prison or not in their lives, or they're very poor taking care of their families at an early age or some other reason like that. sh*t most of the people like that, that I knew had big time hustlers all i their families and these brothas were hustlers back in the 70's and 80's...b4 gangsta rap.
 10-19-2007, 07:49 AM         #85
PetedaSmete  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
let me put my 2 cents in this:

i think inner city communities will always be ridden with crime. if u mix poverty with a run down community with drugs, you will have a bad situation. there have been tests that if u stick a bunch of rats in a small cage, they will act irrationally. rap music is just telling it how it is. if u look back in the early 20th century when the inner cities were consisted of italians, irish, and jewish people, it was italian, irish and jewish mafias were running those places. these mafias were robbing, k!lling, blackmailing, loansharking, u name it they did it. but around the 1960s, 70s, and 80s, they began to leave the ghetto and a lot of black people moved into these inner city communities. guess what happened? the crime rate in the italian, irish, and jewish communities decreased, the crime rate for the black community started to increased. in a way, the italian mafias in the ghetto "transferred" the crime power to the african americans criminals, and we've been in that situation ever since.

the only solution is that black people (and latinos) HAVE TO MOVE OUT OF THE GHETTO. the government will never clean up the inner cities, know why? because its a source of revenue for them. the more n*ggas they lock up, the more money they can take out of our taxes to build more prisons. moving out the ghetto is what k!lled the mafia, and moving out hte ghetto will decrease the crime in the black community.

Last edited by PetedaSmete; 10-19-2007 at 07:51 AM..
 10 years ago '07        #86
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,452 | Props total: 16226 16226
 stogz said:
Thug culture isn't ruining anything...

The american gov't is ruining EARTH (including america). It's funny how many things (reports/stories) are coming out deflecting everything onto black people.

No WMDs
Unjust War
Killing of Iraqi civilians
hundreds of billions spent on events OUTSIDE the country
fraudulent case for war with Iran being pursued
Economy is tanking
Looming North American Union
New Orleans still isn't rebuilt
America ranks last amongst industrialized countries in providing healthcare & education
Black people not allowed to vote
Jena 6

yet when i turn on the news... the "important" top stories are....

Hip-hop is bad
So-and-so rapper has a gun
"Thug Culture" ruining america
Rap music causes school shootings
Rap music makes black athletes crazy

Wake the f**k up people!!!!
true so essentially they control what goes on in our neighborhoods...while in america thuggery(lol) may not be dominant it is in our "hoods" and if they control it we got a make an effort to take it back. Funny how their still a KKK and Nazi gangs.. but what happened to our panthers. They all started k!llin each other when they came blood or crip, GD, or VL. So essentially we gotta cause awareness thro our outlets..hip hop being one of the biggest we have to diversify the content. Its easy to make a song called fu*k the police, but in a positive fashion that same song could be a 911 is a joke in your town...nah mean
 10 years ago '05        #87
Killaaj 
space
space
$2,370 | Props total: 64 64
 stogz said:

Excatly... Im going to keep it 100%... I used to be out her like fareal fareal.. I mean i then did things u cant amagine.... But everything i did was for one goal...MONEY... If u clowns that sit around judging the world and putting blame on everything would help instead of pre judging and sit back waiting on others to solve the problems this world would be so much better... When u in the hood u feel u have to do anything necessary to get out... That means doing what gotta do... along the lines there is haters, jackers(who is doing the same thing u tryna do), and cops who dont give two sh*ts but wanna just get that big arrest to get a raise... Not knowing what they have just done to a family for some drugs famous people do publicly...

U got people spending millions on boats and cars when a fraction of that money could save over 100,000 lives... Then they wanna give us the dead end jobs and pay us chicken scratch like we dont have a family like them... Not to mention strip us of what little hope we got... I mean people saying hip hop is the cause is just people tryna point fingers... Most of the rappers is a P.O.T.E. (product of there enviornment) so they saying the truth and letting people know this things go on fareal and u need to try to help to stop... But never do i hear the good things rappers do for there community

Last edited by Killaaj; 10-19-2007 at 11:46 AM..
 10-19-2007, 11:48 AM         #88
TValles  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thug image isn't a cancer it's more a cold compared to drugs and poverty in most areas...you can still be a "thug" and go to school and get a good job
 10-19-2007, 12:41 PM         #89
TValles  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 majestic75 said:
Why would anyone in college trying to get a good job WANNA be a "thug"? I can't wait until n*ggaz wakeup and realize how stupid and childish they look.
You must've never been to college because there's many types of people who make up a campus...i know many people that sell drug, dudes who hold guns, got shot or stabbed, etc that you could call a "thug" that are currently enrolled...people eventually grow out of that and get their sh*t together...when you're young it was the cool thing to be a rapper etc, i was like that, but then i realized that you just make yourself look dumb and fu*k looking like you're hard because you won't get far in life like that

Last edited by TValles; 10-19-2007 at 12:42 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #90
Blazze One 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,230 | Props total: 13 13
 stogz said:
My cousin teaches at a school in NYC.... I think he said its the biggest school and the most violent in BK.

He says the system is broken and that this highschool doesn't prepare kids for college. Studies also show that most schools in such neighbourhoods don't prepare kids for college.

So, how you gonna go to school everyday, to go to community college, to get a degree, to get a decent job... when that school doesn't give you the basic skills to even get into college?

AS for your Alegebre remark.... last I checked, America was ranked 14th in the world for Mathematics. Maybe if schools took math more serious (i.e. new books that aren't missing binding and pages), students would too.
The school comment is true, but that doesnt mean theres no hope. The school I went to was the same way. The students didnt care, so the teachers didnt wanna waste their time teachin for nuthin. I would ditch class at least once a day, and once i got my whip i treated skool like an option. Ironically, I have a good corporate job and I'm leavin on my own, and thats just off a AA. I took a different route from most ppl who graduated from my hs and extended my education. Got some knowledge from a JC then went to a trade school and it was a wrap from there. And for those that say they can't afford schooling, there's financial aid that schools lace you with. I got 3g's for my school year at a JC, after I already paid for my books and classes, so they give you more than enuff money for skool. So to sum it up, high schools in black neighborhoods may be bad, but that doesn't mean there is no future.
 10 years ago '04        #91
Drunk By Myself 
space
space
space
$1,811 | Props total: 0 0
wow i only read the first page and the ignorance is incredible... its sad
 10-19-2007, 02:45 PM         #92
unkle  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sammyboi22 said:
THreadstarter is retarded. he doesnt realize that no ones gonna give a fu*k because they are all crankin that soulja boy in the club. Unless people wnat a better life they arent gonna do sh*t. If people start to realize that they want it better for their children then they will make moves and teach them to do things that will help them advance in life. but if the parents dont do sh*t than why would the kids?
Hey fu*k off. No one becomes retarded for posting an article, but people do act retarded by saying some off the wall bullsh*t. I post the article and asked for people's opinion regarding the article and not what you may think of me, fu*ktard.
 10 years ago '04        #93
e117v1 
space
space
$1,361 | Props total: 30 30
word...
 10 years ago '05        #94
Killaaj 
space
space
$2,370 | Props total: 64 64
 majestic75 said:
Why would anyone in college trying to get a good job WANNA be a "thug"? I can't wait until n*ggaz wakeup and realize how stupid and childish they look.

U gotta look at it like this... I do have my thuggish ways but im in college got 2 good jobs and i have my high school diploma... I mean i been in it for so long and for a little minute thats all i knew... now that i do have knowledge i try to use it but its hard cause i know that so well... We can be changed but it will take sometime... Plus some dudes just dont wanna change.. U cant knock that cause he has to live with that not u
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
75 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
111 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
115 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
124 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy