Oct 18 - THUG CULTURE IS A CANCER DESTROYING BLACK AMERICA

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
82 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTensionCord Got Sent To Prison Cause He Post Court Info On IG & His..
34 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #61
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
$3,003 | Props total: 1 1
 THuG LYFe said:
That's cause mother fu*kers took Pac's Thug Life and turned it from some positive sh*t into an all out free for all. Sure you gunna keep doing what you gotta do to survive, just like the Italians, just like the Russians, just like all the other Mafia's. But you don't see them destroying their own people and catching 4 year olds with stray bullets and shooting mother fu*kers cause they wore a certain color. You don't see them abandoning their children to raise themselves. Open your eyes people, a man who cannot raise and protect his young is not a man. It's all right to live a "Thug Life", you do what you got to do to survive. But like i said, TO SURVIVE. Not just for the fun of it. Don't carry a gun if you don't know how to use it. See mother fu*kers all the time carrying guns and they show it off, pull it out and point sideways. If you shot a real fu*king gun and knew what you were doing, you would know you won't hit sh*t shooting like that.

Man up mother fu*kers. Man up.

Code of The Thug Life

1. All new Jacks to the game must know: a) He’s going to get rich. b) He’s going to jail. c) He’s going to die.
2. Crew Leaders: You are responsible for legal/financial payment commitments to crew members; your word must be your bond.
3. One crew’s rat is every crew’s rat. Rats are now like a disease; sooner or later we all get it; and they should too.
4. Crew leader and posse should select a diplomat, and should work ways to settle disputes. In unity, there is strength!
5. Car jacking in our Hood is against the Code.
6. Slinging to children is against the Code.
7. Having children slinging is against the Code.
8. No slinging in schools.
9. Since the rat Nicky Barnes opened his mouth; ratting has become accepted by some. We’re not having it.
10. Snitches is outta here.
11. The Boys in Blue don’t run nothing; we do. Control the Hood, and make it safe for squares.
12. No slinging to pregnant Sisters. That’s baby k!lling; that’s genocide!
13. Know your target, who’s the real enemy.
14. Civilians are not a target and should be spared.
15. Harm to children will not be forgiven.
16. Attacking someone’s home where their family is known to reside, must be altered or checked.
17. Senseless brutality and r*pe must stop.
18. Our old folks must not be abused.
19. Respect our Sisters. Respect our Brothers.
20. Sisters in the Life must be respected if they respect themselves.
21. Military disputes concerning business areas within the community must be handled professionally and not on the block.
22. No shooting at parties.
23. Concerts and parties are neutral territories; no shooting!
24. Know the Code; it’s for everyone.
25. Be a real ruff neck. Be down with the code of the Thug Life.
26. Protect yourself at all times.
Great post. :applause:
 10 years ago '04        #62
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
 sunn4511 said:
i am grown too, what does that have to do with it. since yo are grown does that mean you cant guide other kids that are going astray. all you want t o be like the old man who sits on his chair and say whats wrong with the community but will never a.ssist anybody in need.
My point is that I'm not in the age bracket that is still influenced by hip-hop. I'm not gonna see a rapper talkin all that gangsta sh*t and go "Wow, he's cool. That's the way to be. Young Jeezy is so hood!!" I'm smart enough to see "That n*gga's actin fake cuz he knows a lot of people will buy into that persona, then he'll sell records." I'm not old enough to be that old person who finds flaws in everything and just sits in his chair and points his finger. But I AM old enough to see through the bullsh*t.
 10-19-2007, 01:40 AM         #63
ElMarroAfamado  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
most black people sell nick n dimes seeeeeeeeeeeeeldom do they move big sh*t
but those ones sellin the nicks n dimes are the ones getting k!lled n fu*king up our fu*king communities
 10 years ago '04        #64
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
 sunn4511 said:
nice but pac hardly follow any of those things because some of it is impractical based on todays condition.
I don't care if Pac followed it or not. Dude who made the post made some great points in what he said, and the Code is real sh*t. We'd be a lot better off if these wannabe thugs lived by it.
 10 years ago '04        #65
THuG LYFe 198 heat pts198
space
space
$2,846 | Props total: 266 266
 sunn4511 said:
nice but pac hardly follow any of those things because some of it is impractical based on todays condition.
Not sure exactly what you mean, but your right. Pac didn't follow those things and look where he is today because of mistakes that he made. He's human just like me and you tho. But the idea of Thug Life reamins the same. The man knew the problem with the black community existed with the Young, Black men fu*king black women and leaving them to raise the babies themselves, and while those women are out having to work to live, that child is raised by the streets. I don't give a fu*k what anybody on this board says, no other group in America has such a problem, and you can blame the white man and the capatalistic society but that is a small percentage of the blame. The problems are at the roots of the black community. Young men are taught to survive, but not taught morals, respect, pride, loyalty and other necesities and this includes the rap and hip hop culture which is deeply rooted with the streets. Change the attitudes, improve the music, RISE UP. The Hate You Give Little Infants fu*ks Everybody. THUG LIFE.

Last edited by THuG LYFe; 10-19-2007 at 01:56 AM..
 10 years ago '07        #66
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,097 | Props total: 30505 30505
 DTownPistonsFan said:
Great post. :applause:
Does no one else see the irony here?

How are you in partial agreement with the article...

yet,

Some dude named "Thug Lyfe" who refers to cats as "mother fu*kers" right off the bat.... lays out the guidelines of the "Thug code"

and.... you applaud the post????
 10 years ago '04        #67
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
 sunn4511 said:
my point exactly, nobody can follow the rule hence nothing is perfect. i find it odd is it that u are attacking the current state of hiphop now or hiphop in general.
I don't see what's odd about it. Let me give you a real life example of why I feel the way I do. When I was a kid, my parents used to not want me to listen to the sh*t I wanted to listen to when I was growing up. NWA, Snoop, Dre...the gangsta rap era. They thought it was a bad influence. I used to tell them that just because I listened to it, didn't mean I was gonna go out and shoot people. I was never easily influenced. I was raised well. Fast forward to today. We got bad parents. We got kids raising kids. Mind you that NONE of that is hip-hop's fault. That's just the way it is. Like yall said, these things been around. HOWEVER, based on what I SEE out on the streets, our kids are a lot more influenced by hip-hop today. Hip-hop has a large influence on the way they dress, talk, and act. In an age in which hip-hop is more influential than it has EVER been, why would I approve of a dude dressing himself up as a thug, glorifying that life, (especially when it's just to sell records anyway), when he more than likely knows that kids are gonna eat that sh*t up? I see little girls drooling over Plies. I see guys...sh*t...I see guys on THIS FORUM...who act like Young Jeezy is some sort of rap god cuz he's "real." (Nevermind the fact that dude is GARBAGE lyrically.) Then, to top it all off, these are the guys who are shoved down our throat 24/7. These are the guys who are visable to our kids the most on 106 and Park and on the radio. These are the guys that OTHER races are seeing portraying us as well. Naw, hip-hop ain't to blame for our probs, but it is doing absolutely nothing to help and making things worse.
 10 years ago '04        #68
THuG LYFe 198 heat pts198
space
space
$2,846 | Props total: 266 266
 stogz said:

yet,

Some dude named "Thug Lyfe" who refers to cats as "mother fu*kers" right off the bat.... lays out the guidelines of the "Thug code"

Out of everything I said, you lock on those two words.

I Call myself a mutha fu*ka. What's your point?

<------------

Last edited by THuG LYFe; 10-19-2007 at 02:05 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #69
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
 stogz said:

yet,

Maybe you should look through the profanity and dude's username and actually read what dude said. Maybe you should ignore the fact that it's called a "thug" code and actually read what it said too. Then you may see why I applauded it. Cuz you didn't point out a single problem with anything he actually said, just the profanity and the word "thug."
 10 years ago '04        #70
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
Better yet, I'll make it easy for you.

THuG LYFe said:
Sure you gunna keep doing what you gotta do to survive, just like the Italians, just like the Russians, just like all the other Mafia's. But you don't see them destroying their own people and catching 4 year olds with stray bullets and shooting mother fu*kers cause they wore a certain color. You don't see them abandoning their children to raise themselves. Open your eyes people, a man who cannot raise and protect his young is not a man. It's all right to live a "Thug Life", you do what you got to do to survive. But like i said, TO SURVIVE. Not just for the fun of it.
I applaud that.

THuG LYFe said:
Code of The Thug Life

5. Car jacking in our Hood is against the Code.
6. Slinging to children is against the Code.
7. Having children slinging is against the Code.
8. No slinging in schools.

12. No slinging to pregnant Sisters. That’s baby k!lling; that’s genocide!
13. Know your target, who’s the real enemy.
14. Civilians are not a target and should be spared.
15. Harm to children will not be forgiven.
16. Attacking someone’s home where their family is known to reside, must be altered or checked.
17. Senseless brutality and r*pe must stop.
18. Our old folks must not be abused.
19. Respect our Sisters. Respect our Brothers.

23. Concerts and parties are neutral territories; no shooting!
I applaud that.

I applaud the entire code actually, but those are the main ones.
 10 years ago '07        #71
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 DTownPistonsFan said:
I don't see what's odd about it. Let me give you a real life example of why I feel the way I do. When I was a kid, my parents used to not want me to listen to the sh*t I wanted to listen to when I was growing up. NWA, Snoop, Dre...the gangsta rap era. They thought it was a bad influence. I used to tell them that just because I listened to it, didn't mean I was gonna go out and shoot people. I was never easily influenced. I was raised well. Fast forward to today. We got bad parents. We got kids raising kids. Mind you that NONE of that is hip-hop's fault. That's just the way it is. Like yall said, these things been around. HOWEVER, based on what I SEE out on the streets, our kids are a lot more influenced by hip-hop today. Hip-hop has a large influence on the way they dress, talk, and act. In an age in which hip-hop is more influential than it has EVER been, why would I approve of a dude dressing himself up as a thug, glorifying that life, (especially when it's just to sell records anyway), when he more than likely knows that kids are gonna eat that sh*t up? I see little girls drooling over Plies. I see guys...sh*t...I see guys on THIS FORUM...who act like Young Jeezy is some sort of rap god cuz he's "real." (Nevermind the fact that dude is GARBAGE lyrically.) Then, to top it all off, these are the guys who are shoved down our throat 24/7. These are the guys who are visable to our kids the most on 106 and Park and on the radio. These are the guys that OTHER races are seeing portraying us as well. Naw, hip-hop ain't to blame for our probs, but it is doing absolutely nothing to help and making things worse.

I think your problem is more with how the acts today suck a.ss... rather than their influence.

Hip-hop was just as impressionable in the early 80s, mid 90s, as it is today. Not many rap acts even sell and, the ones that do are mostly not "thuggin". I give kids 10 years ago, the same mount that i give today. I don't see hip-hop being MORE influential today, h*ll, they can't even get people to buy albums.

What's 106 & park's top 10 look like?

Soulja Boy, Kanye, J. Holiday, Keyshia Cole, Chris Brown... i mean, most these acts are NOT thuggin'.

People are getting waaay to caught up in generalizing and being duped by these so called studies and reports.
 10 years ago '07        #72
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 DTownPistonsFan said:
Maybe you should look through the profanity and dude's username and actually read what dude said. Maybe you should ignore the fact that it's called a "thug" code and actually read what it said too. Then you may see why I applauded it. Cuz you didn't point out a single problem with anything he actually said, just the profanity and the word "thug."
You are hopeless....

If dude can call himself "Thug Lyfe" and state a point that is profanity laced... and you agree with him... then how can you generalize an entire race of people and place large amounts of blame on the culture that breeded the same "thug" you agree with?
 10 years ago '04        #73
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
Um. Duh?

That's not news.

That thug sh*t definitely fu*ks up the image of non whites. Mexicans are either gardeners or gangbangin vatos, and blacks are "hardcore thugs".

I had some douchebag kid ask me "How much does it suck to be black?"

I answered that I have great credit, Both of my parents are college educated professionals, I drive a nice car and live in the suburbs. I'm well educated and I probably have more money than he does.

This bum hasn't talked to me since.

The only way to get rid of that image is to rise above that sh*t and be a positive member of society. Or, start framing white people until the number of incarcerated blacks and other minorities pale in comparison to the number of incarcerated whites.

Don't mind me, I've been drinking.
 10 years ago '04        #74
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
 stogz said:
I think your problem is more with how the acts today suck a.ss... rather than their influence.

Hip-hop was just as impressionable in the early 80s, mid 90s, as it is today. Not many rap acts even sell and, the ones that do are mostly not "thuggin". I give kids 10 years ago, the same mount that i give today. I don't see hip-hop being MORE influential today, h*ll, they can't even get people to buy albums.

What's 106 & park's top 10 look like?

Soulja Boy, Kanye, J. Holiday, Keyshia Cole, Chris Brown... i mean, most these acts are NOT thuggin'.

People are getting waaay to caught up in generalizing and being duped by these so called studies and reports.
*sigh* You know what? I'm just going to a.ssume, for your sake, that you're not talking about me AGAIN when you suggest that I'm being duped by the media. So I'll just leave that alone.

And yeah, I do have a HUGE problem with how today's acts suck. But it's mostly because our kids look up to today's acts, which is why I say they have a strong influence. Actually, hip-hop has always had a strong influence...but it didn't suck as bad as it does now, so now the influence is more negative. And I don't JUST have a problem with thugs, I have a problem with the ignorant rap too. I actually have MORE of an issue with the ignorant sh*t than I do the thug sh*t. The thug sh*t has been around, the ignorance is new. I only talked about the thug sh*t cuz that's what the article is about.
 10 years ago '04        #75
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
 stogz said:
You are hopeless....

If dude can call himself "Thug Lyfe" and state a point that is profanity laced... and you agree with him... then how can you generalize an entire race of people and place large amounts of blame on the culture that breeded the same "thug" you agree with?
lol@me being hopeless.
Since when does profanity take away from somebody's point? I curse all the time. Doesn't mean I'm not smarter than you. You STILL have yet to point out anything he said that was flawed...even though I pointed out the stuff I agreed with.
Secondly, I'm gonna once again need you to point out when I generalized an entire race. lol
Thirdly, who said this guy was a thug? His username? lol Who cares if he's a thug? If he is, did I applaud his lifestyle? If he is, does that mean he's incapable of making a good point? I applauded his post. No more no less. lol@me being hopeless
 10 years ago '04        #76
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
 Floeji said:
Um. Duh?

That's not news.

That thug sh*t definitely fu*ks up the image of non whites. Mexicans are either gardeners or gangbangin vatos, and blacks are "hardcore thugs".

I had some douchebag kid ask me "How much does it suck to be black?"

I answered that I have great credit, Both of my parents are college educated professionals, I drive a nice car and live in the suburbs. I'm well educated and I probably have more money than he does.

This bum hasn't talked to me since.

The only way to get rid of that image is to rise above that sh*t and be a positive member of society. Or, start framing white people until the number of incarcerated blacks and other minorities pale in comparison to the number of incarcerated whites.

Don't mind me, I've been drinking.
LOL! I been drinkin too. But damn homie, you got good credit? My hat's off to you. lol :applause: I ain't even got good credit. lol I feel u tho on rising up and becoming a positive member of society. The more positive blacks we can have to combat and offset the negative image that a lot of us are portraying, the better.

Last edited by DTownPistonsFan; 10-19-2007 at 02:33 AM..
 10 years ago '07        #77
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 DTownPistonsFan said:
*sigh* You know what? I'm just going to a.ssume, for your sake, that you're not talking about me AGAIN when you suggest that I'm being duped by the media. So I'll just leave that alone.

And yeah, I do have a HUGE problem with how today's acts suck. But it's mostly because our kids look up to today's acts, which is why I say they have a strong influence. Actually, hip-hop has always had a strong influence...but it didn't suck as bad as it does now, so now the influence is more negative. And I don't JUST have a problem with thugs, I have a problem with the ignorant rap too. I actually have MORE of an issue with the ignorant sh*t than I do the thug sh*t. The thug sh*t has been around, the ignorance is new. I only talked about the thug sh*t cuz that's what the article is about.
...and there you have it. You only talked about the thug sh*t cuz that's what the article is about. This is exactly what i mean when i say "don't let media shape your response". Cuz for pages now, I could have swore you were in agreement with the article about "Thug culture".

Let me add this... hip-hop didn't turn people ignorant thus they like the music now. The people were already ignorant and started making ignorant music. The ignorance came BEFORE the music.
 10 years ago '07        #78
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 DTownPistonsFan said:
lol@me being hopeless.
Since when does profanity take away from somebody's point? I curse all the time. Doesn't mean I'm not smarter than you. You STILL have yet to point out anything he said that was flawed...even though I pointed out the stuff I agreed with.
Secondly, I'm gonna once again need you to point out when I generalized an entire race. lol
Thirdly, who said this guy was a thug? His username? lol Who cares if he's a thug? If he is, did I applaud his lifestyle? If he is, does that mean he's incapable of making a good point? I applauded his post. No more no less. lol@me being hopeless

AS i pointed out in the previous post...

if a dude refers to himself as a thug (whether he is or isn't doesn't matter), and lays out the Thug code (real or not), and you applaud it because it makes sense and you can agree with it.... then, it would seem as though your problem is not with "thug culture".
 10 years ago '04        #79
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
 stogz said:
...and there you have it. You only talked about the thug sh*t cuz that's what the article is about. This is exactly what i mean when i say "don't let media shape your response". Cuz for pages now, I could have swore you were in agreement with the article about "Thug culture".

Let me add this... hip-hop didn't turn people ignorant thus they like the music now. The people were already ignorant and started making ignorant music. The ignorance came BEFORE the music.
LMAO!! WOW!! Seriously dude...you need to step your argument game up. Read a few more books or something. You ain't even making sense anymore. When I said I only talked about the thug sh*t cuz that's what the article is about...all that meant is that I was staying on topic. How the fu*k did you get "the article influenced my opinion" from that?!?! LMAO!! I AM in agreement with the article thug culture. I never said I wasn't. I just stuck to the topic of the thug culture, cuz that's what the article was about. I never said anything about the article shaping my opinion. LMAO!!!!
 10 years ago '04        #80
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
 stogz said:
AS i pointed out in the previous post...

if a dude refers to himself as a thug (whether he is or isn't doesn't matter), and lays out the Thug code (real or not), and you applaud it because it makes sense and you can agree with it.... then, it would seem as though your problem is not with "thug culture".
AH HA!! Here's where I see where you are confused. You clearly, once again, have not actually read what he said. The Code that dude wrote is NOT how people live today. Just cuz it's the "thug" code doesn't mean it's the same as the "thug" culture the article is talking about. This is why you need to get past buzz words and actually read some sh*t. The thug code had good points like not selling to kids, not shooting up people's homes where their families reside, not shooting up parties/concerts, etc. There is no morality in the thug culture today. We got kids out here, like he said, walkin around toting guns like it's cool and shootin sideways like a jackass. We got kids DYING. We got kids on drugs and alcohol. If there was any kind of morality in the thug culture, I might respect it more, then I would care less about its influence. But I still see kids getting hit by strays and teenage single moms on drugs. And like I said before, hip-hop isn't the cause of that, but it's not helping and it's making things worse.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
124 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
88 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
172 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
51 comments
23 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy