Oct 18 - Sony Slashes Price of PS3 to $399

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-21-2007, 03:34 AM         #81
Mr 315 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn thats whats up im bout cop me one now and i get a discount from toys r us got the hook up from the little brother haha
 10-21-2007, 01:33 PM         #82
trailor 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mysonne said:
lol at slashes price ....please for 399 it better be able to blow me and make me a sandwich.
:applause::applause::appl ause::applause:
 10-21-2007, 02:37 PM         #83
drtiedav 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Still need better games for the ps3...
 10-21-2007, 02:43 PM         #84
dapharoah69 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 R. Joven said:
By NICK WINGFIELD
October 18, 2007; Page B4

Sony Corp. is slashing the starting price for PlayStation 3 consoles in the U.S. by $100, its latest attempt to boost slow sales of the machine in time for the holiday season.

The move, widely expected after similar actions in Japan and Europe, introduces a new PlayStation 3 model with a 40-gigabyte hard drive for $399. That compares with an earlier entry-level price of $499 on a model with 60 gigabytes of storage capacity. Sony in July lowered the price on the 60-gigabyte model from $599.

After the new pricing move, the PlayStation 3 is only $50 more than its closest competitor, Microsoft Corp.'s $349 entry-level Xbox 360 with a hard drive, though it is still more costly than Nintendo Co.'s $250 Wii.

Billy Pidgeon, game-industry analyst at IDC, predicted the price drop would invigorate PlayStation 3 sales this holiday season, though a bigger impact is likely to occur next year when a stronger lineup of titles will be available for the Sony system, including a new version of a popular game called Metal Gear Solid. "At that price, it comes down to a more justifiable present or gift to yourself," Mr. Pidgeon said.

Sony could use a big boost if it is to catch up to its competitors. U.S. retailers sold 131,000 PlayStation 3 consoles in August, or about 1.75 million total since it went on sale last November, according to NPD Group Inc. In contrast, there were 404,000 Nintendo Wii's sold in August in the U.S., or four million total since it was launched last holiday season, and 277,000 Xbox 360s in August, or 8.3 million since it went on sale two years ago, according to NPD.

The reduction reflects Sony's determination to spur more sales of the PlayStation 3, the Japanese electronics company's most important new product in years. Jack Tretton, president and chief executive officer of Sony's U.S. games division, acknowledged that the relatively high price of the PS3, which Sony has justified by including advanced technology such as a high-definition Blu-ray disc movie player, has been an impediment for many gamers.

"While we were incredibly excited about the technology in PS3 and while it was future-proofed to some degree, it was a bit ahead of its time," Mr. Tretton said in an interview. "The downside of all that technology was the price we had to offer it to consumer at retail. We knew $599 was going to be a challenge for some people based on traditional videogame pricing."

There's a catch to the lower price: The new $399 PlayStation model will not play games designed for the PlayStation 2, Sony's popular older game console. Mr. Tretton conceded that removing that capability, along with a few other features, isn't dramatically reducing Sony's cost of manufacturing the console but will instead encourage buyers of the entry-level PlayStation 3 to purchase more games designed specifically for the new system.

Mr. Tretton said the company's research showed that compatibility with PlayStation 2 games isn't likely to be missed by customers, who most likely already own the older system.

Sony has said it plans to sell 11 million PS3s world-wide this fiscal year, which ends in March.

Source:

its about damn time
 10 years ago '06        #85
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 Kadroan said:
it's still 2 high. ill just buy a new pc and get pc games
wat an e machine?
 10-21-2007, 03:02 PM         #86
SKINNI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I Dont Play Games Enough For That Sticker Still. Nice System But But I Wouldnt Burn That Much On Somethin I Only Play Maybe 2-3 X' S A Month. Most People Flipn Over Blu Ray & Hd But Playin On A 27 Inch Sanyo Tv.

Most People I Know That Even Got Hd Tv' S Dont Even Spring For Hdmi Or Dvi Cables Or Optical Audio Outs. When U Only Running Composite It Dont Even Matter. Thats The Stuff I Laugh At. If U Do Get At Least Have Everything Neccessary For The Full Potential. No Need To Worry About 1080i Or P If Ur Tv Is Less. Hell My Tv Is 1080i With Monster Interconects For Everything (dvi, Optical, & Component For The Wii). Yea Wii. Its Cheap, No Hd, Ect. But Its Fun & Everybody That Comes Over Loves It. Works For Me. Anybody That Wants To Play Ps3 I Tell Them To Just Bring Thiers. Crazy Thing Is.............. Only 1 Or 2 Own Them (with Alot Complaining About My Wii)
 10 years ago '07        #87
johnnycash 
space
space
$1,168 | Props total: 0 0
yeah they do need better games for ps3. although I want to get ratchet and metal gear.
 10 years ago '06        #88
jeromeLS 
space
space
$435 | Props total: 1 1
ps3 still aint sh*t. I personally dont give a fu*k about movies.. you'll never catch me sittin there watchin flicks all day unless im . People buy video game systems TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES.. Price aint an issue to me, if Ps3 had the library of games that 360 has id have a ps3.
 10-21-2007, 03:59 PM         #89
BlockBurner226 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think i might buy one just for sh*ts and giggles
 10-21-2007, 04:12 PM         #90
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I just want a PS3 cuz there's a good chance the new UFC game will not be available for PS2 :(
 10 years ago '05        #91
Htown_Koopa 
space
space
$2,679 | Props total: 16 16
 VerballyAbusive said:
. Okay, if an 07 Impala is a broke car then I wanna see wha you drivin buddy.
Haters, impala is nice. fu*k a ps3 though. I got money for it I wouldnt buy one if that sh*t was 150
 10-21-2007, 04:23 PM         #92
Sleepy17 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that sounds good to me. these games are rediculously expensive and i think lowering the price is great...there is such a popular demand for these items, i think the manufactorers would only benefit from the price change... now all they need to do is lower the xbox

R. Joven said:
By NICK WINGFIELD
October 18, 2007; Page B4

Sony Corp. is slashing the starting price for PlayStation 3 consoles in the U.S. by $100, its latest attempt to boost slow sales of the machine in time for the holiday season.

The move, widely expected after similar actions in Japan and Europe, introduces a new PlayStation 3 model with a 40-gigabyte hard drive for $399. That compares with an earlier entry-level price of $499 on a model with 60 gigabytes of storage capacity. Sony in July lowered the price on the 60-gigabyte model from $599.

After the new pricing move, the PlayStation 3 is only $50 more than its closest competitor, Microsoft Corp.'s $349 entry-level Xbox 360 with a hard drive, though it is still more costly than Nintendo Co.'s $250 Wii.

Billy Pidgeon, game-industry analyst at IDC, predicted the price drop would invigorate PlayStation 3 sales this holiday season, though a bigger impact is likely to occur next year when a stronger lineup of titles will be available for the Sony system, including a new version of a popular game called Metal Gear Solid. "At that price, it comes down to a more justifiable present or gift to yourself," Mr. Pidgeon said.

Sony could use a big boost if it is to catch up to its competitors. U.S. retailers sold 131,000 PlayStation 3 consoles in August, or about 1.75 million total since it went on sale last November, according to NPD Group Inc. In contrast, there were 404,000 Nintendo Wii's sold in August in the U.S., or four million total since it was launched last holiday season, and 277,000 Xbox 360s in August, or 8.3 million since it went on sale two years ago, according to NPD.

The reduction reflects Sony's determination to spur more sales of the PlayStation 3, the Japanese electronics company's most important new product in years. Jack Tretton, president and chief executive officer of Sony's U.S. games division, acknowledged that the relatively high price of the PS3, which Sony has justified by including advanced technology such as a high-definition Blu-ray disc movie player, has been an impediment for many gamers.

"While we were incredibly excited about the technology in PS3 and while it was future-proofed to some degree, it was a bit ahead of its time," Mr. Tretton said in an interview. "The downside of all that technology was the price we had to offer it to consumer at retail. We knew $599 was going to be a challenge for some people based on traditional videogame pricing."

There's a catch to the lower price: The new $399 PlayStation model will not play games designed for the PlayStation 2, Sony's popular older game console. Mr. Tretton conceded that removing that capability, along with a few other features, isn't dramatically reducing Sony's cost of manufacturing the console but will instead encourage buyers of the entry-level PlayStation 3 to purchase more games designed specifically for the new system.

Mr. Tretton said the company's research showed that compatibility with PlayStation 2 games isn't likely to be missed by customers, who most likely already own the older system.

Sony has said it plans to sell 11 million PS3s world-wide this fiscal year, which ends in March.

Source:
 10 years ago '04        #93
peedib89 
space
space
space
$370 | Props total: 0 0
a ps3 with out blu-ray would just be a giant paper weight since the games are blu-ray
 10 years ago '04        #94
Thepeoplerunnin 
space
space
space
$4,208 | Props total: 0 0
Didnt most you muhfu*kas buy a 360 at 399....

HA HA HA HA AT YOU 360 d*ckRIDERS
 10-21-2007, 05:57 PM         #95
boncho 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
swweeet, finnaaally gettin me & my homiez a piece
 10 years ago '07        #96
Bigakathebeast 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,060 | Props total: 137 137
 Thepeoplerunnin said:

lmao...exactly......pro bundle cost 350.....elite cost 450.....basically....sony got a console thats 50 dollars higher and included wifi and the option to upgrade ya hd if you need more space ...and dudes still complain....congrats to M$ for doing there share of brainwashing
 10-21-2007, 07:09 PM         #97
trailor 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bigakathebeast said:
lmao...exactly......pro bundle cost 350.....elite cost 450.....basically....sony got a console thats 50 dollars higher and included wifi and the option to upgrade ya hd if you need more space ...and dudes still complain....congrats to M$ for doing there share of brainwashing
the price drops for 360 after this xmas homie, whos laughin now??
 10 years ago '04        #98
jayhot 
space
space
space
$81 | Props total: 0 0
It's about time they dropped that price. Now, if we could see some better games I'm going to cop one!
 10 years ago '05        #99
Bay.Area.Boi. 
space
space
$907 | Props total: 2 2
as long as the Xbox will eventually get GTA4 im good and might wait to get one round christmas time
 10-21-2007, 11:12 PM         #100
BlockBurner226 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Thepeoplerunnin said:

I paid $100.00 for my 360........brand new :D
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
69 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
189 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
27 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
63 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
24 comments
20 hours ago