Oct 9 - Lupe Responds to Fiascogate

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
69 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
54 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
202 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #141
Nvisible 
space
space
space
$212 | Props total: 0 0
1.Lupe should have stepped up to Q-tip and let him know that he wasn't a fan regardless of who contacted who...

2.People need to stop d*ckriding every freaking old school artist...You don't need to listen to every damn hip hop album to be a hip hop artist.

3. At the same time, lupe's making allegations that Tribe was like....bad, he should give midnight marauders a freaking chance at least...maybe he'll find some inspiration.

4.Rap music is horrible at this point...
 10-13-2007, 09:17 AM         #142
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lets be real ppl are making like tribe are more famous than they really are lol. i like tribe and ive listened to their music, ive never heard midnight marauders either. this notion that an artist has to listen to certain artists to be hip hop is stupid.
 10-13-2007, 09:29 AM         #143
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The people defending lupe are just retarded. Don't comment until you get the facts straight.

If you think the tribe wasn't popular in their time you were probably born in the late 80's early 90's.

For the people saying people forget rhymes all the time, is true. When you mess up a classic song on a TRIBUTE, you can expect some fire from the fans. That's the nature of the music world.

None of this would have happened if Lupe would have ignored the critics. When he messed up, it wasn't even a big deal until he retaliated.

That's his fault. He's k!lling his own career the more he keeps kicking dirt on the Tribe.
 10 years ago '05        #144
TheChampIsHere! 
space
space
$2,867 | Props total: 123 123
^^^ Co-signs. Lupe is pus*y....period!!!!

Last edited by TheChampIsHere!; 10-13-2007 at 10:24 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #145
SamKQboro@GMail 
space
space
$556 | Props total: 87 87
as for the performance, I was at the taping last week and when "it" happened, I think it went over most of the crowd's heads and seemed like Pharrell picked it up right away so didnt seem bad in person.. We were all just anticipating the Scenario performance and Busta's verse, which was amped as usual. Until I started reading about on websites a few days ago, it didn't even come to my attention. At the taping when they were playing the appearance roll, they showed Mos Def, but he aint show. Perhaps he was supposed to perform during some of the Tribe set.
 10 years ago '07        #146
TooShy4Luv 
space
space
$219 | Props total: 1 1
Flaky people are just as retarded. I remember you having him in your sig as one of the top emcees, luda...

Lets be real, would you honestly just sit back as people are talking alot of sh*t bout you? And don't say no bullsh*t like you would ignore it...

I will admit he approached this the wrong way but even if he would of said "Sorry, I screwed up" there will still be people on his a.ss saying that doesn't cut it.

Yall really making me want to hate Lupe AND A Tribe Called Quest only because of this HUGE issue, THAT IS SUPPOSEDLY MORE IMPORTANT THAN LIFE ITSELF BUT ITS NOT, being taken way too serious... You can say I'm not a true hip-hop head for not letting this get to me and change my view of Lupe just to fit in with the majority... but, I don't give a fu*k! If he didn't k!ll, f!ght, r*pe, or just plainly say "fu*k YOU! YOUR TRASH!" to ATCQ then I'm going to continue on liking Lupe, listen to his music and buy his CDs.

Last edited by TooShy4Luv; 10-13-2007 at 10:48 AM..
 10-13-2007, 12:27 PM         #147
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TooShy4Luv said:
Flaky people are just as retarded. I remember you having him in your sig as one of the top emcees, luda...

Lets be real, would you honestly just sit back as people are talking alot of sh*t bout you? And don't say no bullsh*t like you would ignore it...

I will admit he approached this the wrong way but even if he would of said "Sorry, I screwed up" there will still be people on his a.ss saying that doesn't cut it.

Yall really making me want to hate Lupe AND A Tribe Called Quest only because of this HUGE issue, THAT IS SUPPOSEDLY MORE IMPORTANT THAN LIFE ITSELF BUT ITS NOT, being taken way too serious... You can say I'm not a true hip-hop head for not letting this get to me and change my view of Lupe just to fit in with the majority... but, I don't give a fu*k! If he didn't k!ll, f!ght, r*pe, or just plainly say "fu*k YOU! YOUR TRASH!" to ATCQ then I'm going to continue on liking Lupe, listen to his music and buy his CDs.
I respect Lupe as a lyricist, but as a person he's a piece of sh*t. That's all I'm saying. I can't support people like that, especially when they're dissing one of my favorite groups of all time. Don't try and check me on that bs.
 10-13-2007, 12:28 PM         #148
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TooShy4Luv said:

No sh*t. I just said that too. That's the difference between being professional about what you do and unprofessional.
 10 years ago '07        #149
TooShy4Luv 
space
space
$219 | Props total: 1 1
 luda06 said:
I respect Lupe as a lyricist, but as a person he's a piece of sh*t. That's all I'm saying. I can't support people like that, especially when they're dissing one of my favorite groups of all time. Don't try and check me on that bs.
Then why not just leave it at that? He is a piece of sh*t. The end. You move on to other things...

I can respect someone's opinion but I can't respect anyone that constantly talks trash bout my favorite artist. Along with basically saying the people that still respect and defend him are retarded... You are basically doing the same thing Lupe is being accused of doing.

Theres also the fact that he is human. Can't be professional all the time, gonna fu*k up every once in awhile.

I'm done with this...
 10 years ago '07        #150
jerondrick 
space
space
space
$583 | Props total: 12 12
Tribe is washed up anyway.
 10-13-2007, 03:23 PM         #151
DatNiggaNucca 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What ever happened to having your own opinion about something? He's wrong for doing the tribute. But don't crucify the man for not liking what you like.
 10 years ago '04        #152
kc10785 
space
space
$4,270 | Props total: 170 170
forget this everybody need to get on T-pain trying to sing a keith sweat song
 10-13-2007, 07:50 PM         #153
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kc10785 said:
forget this everybody need to get on T-pain trying to sing a keith sweat song
LOL, when the fu*k did that happen?
 10-13-2007, 10:44 PM         #154
NaijaSoul 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the interview lupe did with Vibe magazine talking about how he liked 8 ball and mc hammer or whatever happened before hip hop honors even took place
 10 years ago '04        #155
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 692 692
1. I think that everyone on here agrees that Lupe is a BEAST on the mic, without question.

2. This isnt really about Lupe not liking ATCQ or not listening to them. This is about being a disrespectful prick AFTER he got called out for messing up. If he felt like he did about ATCQ before accepting the offer to perform, why not be a real nukka and decline? He pulled a bi*ch move saying that ATCQ was irrelevent only AFTER he fu*ked up. Period. Say that sh*t before you accept the invite to honor their legacy in hip hop. I'm only 25 too, and ATCQ is one of my favs. Midnight Marauders is a masterpiece...

3. Whether or not if it was a career move, you have to understand that ATCQ has a loyal fan base, and more than likely some of those same fans are Lupe fans, and more than likely, they've been ATCQ fans longer than they have been Lupe fans.

fu*k what you heard... Lupe is a beast, but there is no excuse for the disrespect... and the fact that he lied about QTip PERSONALLY asking him makes him look real suspect.
 10 years ago '05        #156
mega_soulstar 
space
space
$1,484 | Props total: 0 0
 <<InphDigi>> said:
fact that he lied about QTip PERSONALLY asking him makes him look real suspect.
what makes this a fact????? I hope not cause q-tip aka "ear cleaner" said he didn't say it.....why wouldn't q-tip ever lie???
 10 years ago '04        #157
kc10785 
space
space
$4,270 | Props total: 170 170
 billieskeet said:
LOL, when the fu*k did that happen?
the same show lupe fu*k up on T-pain should of know better.We all know that he cant sing but that n*gga but the icing on the cake
 10-14-2007, 11:31 AM         #158
u_dont_know_me 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mikejg823 said:
MM is one of the best rap albums and this guy does a dedication to Tribe without hearing/ or even listening to the song. wtf is wrong with this guy,, im ashamed for chicago
fuk a lupe...comin from madison & central...no shame over here
 10-14-2007, 11:34 AM         #159
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LUPE >>>>

who cares if he dont know that sh*t.....
im sure theres lots of music you people couldnt get the words right to, yall all on his a.ss for forgetting some lines.
 10-14-2007, 01:46 PM         #160
layziestyle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
q-tip did defend lupe. so thats cool.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
99 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
46 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
61 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
21 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy