Oct 9 - Lupe Responds to Fiascogate

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
131 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-11-2007, 08:52 AM         #121
TripleJ202 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 young shiz said:
Thats my nig but he's dead wrong. Its one thing if you just don't fu*ks with ATCQ. Thats crazy, but to each his own. You can't turn around and do a tribute to them on national tv though! Thats makes no fu*kin sense. If you don't feel their stuff and don't know it, why perform it. Then to say you still won't listen to them on some stuborn sh*t is pretty immature for a grown a.ss man. He's a dope rapper but it says alot about his character. I'm still gonna support but i'm a little jaded by that move.
:applause: exactly what i was thinking:applause:

i still mess with lupe though. i think he shouldnt have performed it if he never gave a f*ck about it.

but he made a mistake and it sound like he was being real about wehat he felt whether it was wrong or right.
 10 years ago '04        #122
Dj KraZ 
space
space
$2,244 | Props total: 533 533
How About Ooooppps! I Made A Mistake! I Know I Make Then From Time To Time!
 10 years ago '05        #123
mega_soulstar 
space
space
$1,484 | Props total: 0 0
damn this thread still going
 10 years ago '06        #124
Bk's Finest 
space
space
space
$923 | Props total: 34 34
I listend to lupe's first album and I thought it was pretty good. And I really don't have a problem if dude heard MM before either. I do have a problem with him doing a tribute to Tribe and not knowing the lyrics. Even if your not a fan of there music and you get tapped to do this you should pick up their cd, get their lyrics and memorize them. I agree with most people when you say F*ck a blogger but dude messed up. Don't agree to do a show about a band/group that you know nothing about. Like I said before, I heard his first album and I thought it was pretty good but where in the world do half of you clowns come off by saying that dude is one of the nicest in the game. I can't give him those props yet. Dudes far from a legend, he has a long way to go fellas.
 10 years ago '04        #125
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
at anyone who likes Lupe anyways
 10-11-2007, 02:37 PM         #126
number_uno 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yo. he's 25 years old!!! my n*ggaz is 18 and they be like "who the fu*k else is in atcq besides q-tip?". n*ggaz don't know one song by them. it's a generation thing. i grew up on jay-z, wu-tang clan and some people grew up on big daddy kane and rakim. i'm cool with whateva. don't throw stones at somebody who doesn't listen to that....im sure most of you n*ggaz did not listen to Grandmaster Caz. take it or leave it.
 10 years ago '04        #127
ddotdukes5 
space
space
$3,046 | Props total: 9 9
Everybody agree with Lupe on this thread and I just dont get it. I understand he never heard ATCQ album, but that still doesnt give him a pass to mess up lyrics to a song your covering. If you have accepted the offer to do the song then you need to know the lyrics. Plain and simple. And for ?uestlove to reach out and try to help you, and you blow him off show no respect for the game.
 10 years ago '05        #128
goldgrill910 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,837 | Props total: 105 105
who gives a fu*k.
he didn't know the words, he didn't know the words.
if he doesn't listen to tribe, he doesn't listen to tribe.
 10 years ago '06        #129
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
.....there are a million more important things going on in the world right now but there are more posts about a rapper screwing up lyics and people are all over it...pathetic :-\
 10 years ago '07        #130
PurpleKush 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,435 | Props total: 2191 2191
Lupe is the most overratted rapper to come out and thats why he sold 40 thou units no one wants to hear his bull sh*t
 10 years ago '05        #131
mega_soulstar 
space
space
 PurpleKush said:
Lupe is the most overratted rapper to come out and thats why he sold 40 thou units no one wants to hear his bull sh*t
lupe>>>>>ya fav rapper
 10 years ago '05        #132
mega_soulstar 
space
space
 PurpleKush said:
by the way record sales doesnt equal skill, Im sure soldier boy sold more than your fav. rapper, unless soldier boy is your fav rapper.................
 10 years ago '04        #133
B-Y-D 
space
space
$1,213 | Props total: 43 43
Lupe should have memorized the song in time even if he never heard it before. Its a performance. People crying that he has no interest in the, so what they started that style of rap, dont mean you got to like them and go listen to their crap.
 10 years ago '04        #134
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,899 | Props total: 1127 1127
six pages? damn. i know this will be overlooked, but, i agree with lupe to an extent. q-tip is sort of blowing this out of proportion. it's like...all lupe said was tip asked him to perform the tribe called quest song, and that's basically what really happened. i don't see anywhere, and excuse me if i'm incorrect, that it says lupe said tip "BEGGED" him to do the performance.

everybody fu*ks up, so, i don't see why that's a big deal. beyonce fell down a flight of stairs on stage in front of like 20,000 people. that's neither here nor there. the big part is how sacred this album seems to be to every hip hop head. to be honest, i couldn't name 5 tribe called quest songs if you paid me to. does that make me less of a hip hop head? no...'cuz, i was just learning how to write my name during that era.

it's understandable that many underground or semi-known, lyrical hip hop artists are sort of mad at lupe for the statements he has made, but you can't dictate a person's taste in music. i dunno about him bumpin' 8ball & mjg before the tribe, but i know what he means.

i like nas, eminem, jay-z, big pun, wu, i mean...the list goes on. i also bump jeezy, ross, t.i., and lil' wayne, ya dig? i like it all. i'm from the hood. most n*ggas don't tell stories 'n sh*t. they just see the people being shot in front of them, the drugs being sold on their block, and the police arresting all their friends. many hood n*ggas relate to that sh*t. that's why that dirty south music is so prevalent.

it's whatever. i'm on lupe's side, 100%. i'll respect the elders and at the same time that doesn't necessarily mean i have to bump their sh*t. simply put.
 10 years ago '07        #135
espn03 
space
space
$160 | Props total: 15 15
Dawg the sh*t is not that serious. Ive heard MM and i wasnt impressed. thats cuz it aint my style and apparently it didnt float lupes boat either.

and to comment on the hip hop honors, he turned the sh*t down but VH1 EXECUTIVES wouldnt leave him alone about the sh*t so if you gone blame anyone blame them fr getting some one how admittedly now nothing about the group they wanted him to perform.
 10-13-2007, 02:02 AM         #136
DaddyF@tSax 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sylent Khaos said:
Yeah, Lupe is completely wrong for this one. How can you hate on Tribe? I still listen to them weekly myself. As for Lupe's album.....not so much anymore.
Is there some rule that says that you gotta listen to a Tribe album or am I missing something here?...how you gonna get mad at another n*gga for not doing something that you did?...If he doesn't wanna listen to Midnight Marauders he doesn't wanna listen to Midnight Marauders...we all have our own tastes...just like most of the n*ggas on this board won't listen to Soulja Boy's album...that ain't you...you didn't grow up liking that particular type of music..I put money on it that it's some good a.ss albums from some good a.ss rappers some of ya'll ain't listened to either...stop knockin' the man..
 10-13-2007, 02:57 AM         #137
D.C. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I can understand Lupe right now. He's feeling attacked, so he's lashing out. sh*t happens. Personally, I own MM and The Low End Theory. But IMO Food and Liqour is a lot better than both records.

So what if he thinks 8Ball and MGJ > A tribe called quest? I think Little Brother's "The Minstrel Show" is better than Illmatic. I think Beethoven is better than Mozart and Bach.

Who cares?
 10 years ago '04        #138
turntabledj 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,569 | Props total: 69 69
 ADrake22 said:
"[Tribe] didn't sell 10 million records, so why would people think they had a blanket on the world like that? MC Hammer was way more popular to me than Tribe Called Quest."

....for some reason thats true. but he still fu*ked up...

DAMN!!! look at the irony... Lupe n da same shoes as them. his album was kinda considered a flop sales wise, but the content was strong on the album. when he didnt do the #'s he wanted he was talkin bout quit da game and ish...REMEMBER...cuz ringtone rappers was outsellin him. if he respect da game jus listen to Tribe's album, wtf
 10-13-2007, 03:19 AM         #139
MzMiyah4 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont see how any1 can say Lupe is wrong. Ppl r saying...all hip hop heads have heard this song..this that and the other...he's not a bandwaggoner! just becuz u're a hip hop artist or hip hop head doesnt necessarily mean u have to LOVE & LISTEN to everbody affliated with hip hop. Everybody has their own opinions and favorites...and a Tribe Called Quest is simply not one of his. So now what???...ya'll gon chew his d*ck off cuz he dont like the same ppl as the majority??? Be serious!
 10-13-2007, 03:23 AM         #140
MzMiyah4 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PurpleKush said:
plez...take sum kinda weapon..& k!ll urself for saying that.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
31 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
284 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
145 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
72 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
53 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
45 comments
23 hours ago