Oct 9 - Lupe Responds to Fiascogate

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
238 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
125 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #101
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
space
$15,197 | Props total: 5476 5476
 Darkfada said:
I dont know ONE hip-hop head that aint heard midnite mauraders.. sayin u never heard Midnite Mauraders like sayin u never heard Illmatic in the world of hip hop..
uuhhh....not exactly
 10 years ago '05        #102
MeziaaL 4 heat pts
space
space
$15,469 | Props total: 2489 2489
who gives a fu*k, yall takin this sh*t way too seriously..
 10-10-2007, 01:10 PM         #103
master467 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if he aint heard it then why do it? fu*king idiot..
 10-10-2007, 05:36 PM         #104
Sonny 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I couldn't give a flat fu*k what Lupe likes and doesn't like... He did a tribute, which he blew, and that's fu*ked up.

8 ball & mjg is much better, well, they are legends, but that doesn't fu*king apply as an argument. Nah I never listen to Jay-Z, 'cause 2pac is much better... See that sh*t doesn't make sense.

Anyone who haven't checked out ATCQ, MM is great, my favorite tho is Beats, Rythms & life. One of my favorite albums of all time. Its not about East, West, South or Newskool / Oldskool, good music is good music, and ATCQ does make very good music.
Peace
 10-10-2007, 06:15 PM         #105
fatrawk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so i guess the moral of this thread is...

d*ckriders stay d*ckriding. seriously, if you've defended lupe for being an arrogant unprofessional prick, well...you stand guilty as charged.
 10-10-2007, 06:37 PM         #106
skletch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 gunits50cent187 said:
^what a fu*kin idiot to call tribe boring..im ashamed to be on the same mesage board as most of u..if your in the age bracket of 21- and havent heard anything by tribe or electric relaxtion k!ll yourself.i like lupe and all but his comments are unexcusible.wat a fu*kin c*nt
what a fu*kin c*nt u r. as soon as i get done fu*kin ur mom I'm gonna bi*ch slap u.
 10 years ago '04        #107
mtbatol 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,700 | Props total: 1163 1163
Ok, Lupe is someone I can fux with & I respect dude. AND, as a fan of Tribe I can even let the fact that he isn't up on their music slide.

BUT

Why the whole song & dance of "I never fu*ks with Tribe Called Quest, that's why so & so from the south is better then them n*ggas ANYWAY!!" is done AFTER he fu*ks up a performance of doing their cover? THERE is how he fuxed up.

Really, it's not about being a fan of any of their music or even liking one song out of their whole catalog. I'll give him a pass for that,

BUT

Don't do a "tribute" to them if those were your sentiments from the get go plain & simple. Especially if you gonna botch the lyrics to make these sentiments ever more evident. That's just stupid, VH1 presented the idea to him he should've just turned it down plain & simple.
 10-10-2007, 09:37 PM         #108
dudewitscrew 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man dudes is really givin lupe a hard time with this. The mess up aint really all that bad and it aint like dude went on stage and half a.ss his performance it looks like he actually gave it 100.
 10 years ago '04        #109
mtbatol 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,700 | Props total: 1163 1163
 dudewitscrew said:
Man dudes is really givin lupe a hard time with this. The mess up aint really all that bad and it aint like dude went on stage and half a.ss his performance it looks like he actually gave it 100.
But why do it at all if he wasn't feeling their music from the get go? If he was more so a fan of someone else from the "old school" & did their music then fine, but him botching lyrics to something he wasn't familiar with & admittingly wasn't feeling? You'd get away with that in a karaoke bar but not when making a "tribute" to someone :thumbsdow
 10-10-2007, 10:12 PM         #110
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mtbatol said:
Ok, Lupe is someone I can fux with & I respect dude. AND, as a fan of Tribe I can even let the fact that he isn't up on their music slide.

BUT

Why the whole song & dance of "I never fu*ks with Tribe Called Quest, that's why so & so from the south is better then them n*ggas ANYWAY!!" is done AFTER he fu*ks up a performance of doing their cover? THERE is how he fuxed up.

Really, it's not about being a fan of any of their music or even liking one song out of their whole catalog. I'll give him a pass for that,

BUT

Don't do a "tribute" to them if those were your sentiments from the get go plain & simple. Especially if you gonna botch the lyrics to make these sentiments ever more evident. That's just stupid, VH1 presented the idea to him he should've just turned it down plain & simple.

word

and

WHY

why claim you did it because qtip personally asked you when qtip is sayin he never personally asked you. tip is a legend with nothing to lose he wouldnt lie about this
 10-10-2007, 10:24 PM         #111
skimz45 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im definately with lupe on this, an all those n*ggas sayin he sellin drugs really aint doin what he sayin he doin im gonna say this, a n*gga cant say all that sh*t an be that passionate in his lyrics and be fake..i just dont see it. but i do say that he shouldnt a been so defensive in dat response...eitha way, i got his back
 10 years ago '04        #112
JTwizzy 
space
space
$2,053 | Props total: 0 0
 Darkfada said:
I dont know ONE hip-hop head that aint heard midnite mauraders.. sayin u never heard Midnite Mauraders like sayin u never heard Illmatic in the world of hip hop..
not quite like that.
 10 years ago '04        #113
sinistababy 
space
space
$3,761 | Props total: 89 89
Me, personally, I don't listen to ATCQ either, BUT I did get the Midnight Marauders cassette for my birthday when I was younger... I liked it then but now I don't feel like it like how I felt it when I was young... plus that was the ONLY ATCQ that I owned (more of a Busta Rhymes fan and still is to this day)... as far as Lupe, I wouldn't have done the show, if I was i his shoes, 'cause just like he said, he wasn't a big fan of their music... Understandable... Now on the other hand, I would do it because I mean there's no doubting ATCQ's influence on hip-hop, so you're honoring a legend... So how could you turn that down? Regardless of who called who, personally or through someoe else... And dudes trip me out tryna make it seem like you HAVE to listen to everything that's considered a hip-hop classic and if you don't say "you're not a real hip-hopper"... fu*k outta here...

Last edited by sinistababy; 10-10-2007 at 10:53 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #114
Basicgz 
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 1399 1399
I'm a fan of both but if U never heard Tribe or listened to them U shouldnt have been in the building, if he dont wanna listen to them he doesnt have to, I feel a lot of rappers who pay hommage to old school artist and I gurantee they frontin and never heard any of they albums
 10 years ago '04        #115
kg81 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,275 | Props total: 101 101
 Darkfada said:
I was thinkin the same thing, but that n*gga from the midwest like me so I can understand him, I had the CD when it was hot but other n*ggas around me out here wasnt into or up on eastcoast that much.
 10 years ago '05        #116
CaShMoNeYDfG 8 heat pts
space
space
$896 | Props total: 140 140
He need to stay off the Q-T.I.P. of his d*ck....he aint heard it so what, and a n*gga aint gon do sh*t a n*gga dont wanna do so fu*k that album
 10-11-2007, 01:10 AM         #117
Domic462 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't like tribe and I like lupe but still lupe got to respect your elders. Or he at least could have turned it down, if he wasn't going to give it his all.
 10-11-2007, 01:15 AM         #118
Domic462 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

There is the video he didn't do that bad.
 10-11-2007, 01:56 AM         #119
CenterField 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nas fu*k up worse

10-11-2007, 03:33 AM         #120
mj678770 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i never listened to none of they sh*t anyway so whut s the big deal
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
107 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago