Kevin Hart X-mad card
57 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
258 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
119 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #81
Dead Prezidents 
space
space
$2,030 | Props total: 6 6
Midnight Marauders is a classic to me, but it just seems like a bunch of hip-hop purists crying about how one man hasnt listened to one album, 'Midnight Marauders'.

I understand the backlash of not listening and preparing for the one song you are performing 2 pay tribute, but to act like just because he has that same 'native tongue' feel and hasn't listened to Midnight Marauders is a crime against hip-hop.

If I was Lupe I would give a big fu*k YOU to all of them crying a.ss hip-hop-hoes. Especially Questlove and Phonte.

Last edited by Dead Prezidents; 10-10-2007 at 10:05 AM..
 10 years ago '07        #82
Three 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,052 | Props total: 1038 1038
 fmoney88 said:
fuk tribe call quest this whole thing is bullsh*t because he never listened to one dum a.ss song people bashing him beacause of that. Who the fuk is a tribe call quest they ain did nuthin real special.
For real,
they actin like you have to listen to every single great album to be successful or sumtin

And for the record, im like Lupe.. I havent heard Midnight Marauder, and since they bi*chin about this i dont give 2 fu*ks about it

Last edited by Three; 10-10-2007 at 10:17 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #83
Big Moon Dawg 
space
space
$3,126 | Props total: 1 1
Lupe lost his mind talking about 8 Ball and MJG are better than ATCQ
 10 years ago '04        #84
haterade2885 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 102 102
i know someone who knows q tip personally. he said hes a complete d*ckhead. im sure that something was said between them and lupe was baited into saying what he did. it wasnt right for him to do but then again if they asked him to do something and he tried to learn the lyrics and couldnt then its really not his fault.
 10 years ago '04        #85
KillaKell_01 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,601 | Props total: 41 41
Lupe is MY n*gga.....I know the n*gga personally....but maaaaaaan.....

YOU CANNOT fu*k UP ELECTRIC RELAXATION!!!

If you don't know it, don't do it....more than anything, it just opens doors for n*ggas to say one of the realest n*ggas spittin is a phony. I don't give a fu*k if Q-Tip, VH1, fu*kin VO-5 shampoo asked the n*gga to do it. He shoulda simply said, "I'm not familiar with Tribes' sh*t. I can't fu*k wit it."

PERIOD.

By the way.....M.M. is NOT Tribes' best album.....L.E.T. is!!!!
 10 years ago '05        #86
mega_soulstar 
space
space
$1,484 | Props total: 0 0
 Big Moon Dawg said:
Lupe lost his mind talking about 8 Ball and MJG are better than ATCQ
BALL & JG >>>>>>> ATCQ
 10-10-2007, 10:55 AM         #87
khmerraps 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ADrake22 said:
"[Tribe] didn't sell 10 million records, so why would people think they had a blanket on the world like that? MC Hammer was way more popular to me than Tribe Called Quest."

....for some reason thats true. but he still fu*ked up...
word.

how about the time Puffy forgot the lyrics to his tribute to Biggie ? I was heated yo.
 10 years ago '04        #88
VickVega 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,739 | Props total: 114 114
You gettin over n*ggas heads Lu, dumb it down.
 10-10-2007, 11:46 AM         #89
Chuck_You 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
Its always the bench warmers callin out the players flaws... I hate no life bi*ches wit "blogs".. men and women both... I put em on the same level wit paparazzi... but at least the paparazzi gettin money for bein bottom feeders.. These mufukas think just cause they got a computer and a opinion they life finally has a purpose..

And as far as Lupe.. he only a human he aint no super robot that has every line from history embedded in his fu*kin head... all yall tryin to crucify him over this bullsh*t need to tie a bag around your head then handcuff your hands behind your back...

I agree to a certain extent. If I was asked to preform songs in your behalf, as a professional I'd either decline or learn your sh*t. He was unprepared (which i don't understand at all) and worse he didn't take accountability and say, i messed up the words and kept it movin. His error was trying to sh*t on tribe, who paved the lane he's stuck in, by downplaying their impact.
 10 years ago '04        #90
UF4Soldier 127 heat pts127
space
space
$19,065 | Props total: 4822 4822
Us Black people always hatin on The Next man... He Tried to make a move to promote his career and we blastin his a.ss... This Is Givin light to a bunch ole rappers like Q-Tip who aint gone sell 50,000 records.. And Trynna fu*k a young mans career...

I Guess Lupe jus one of dem dudes that look they a know-it-all.. So people expected more from him...
 10-10-2007, 12:04 PM         #91
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 UF4Soldier said:
Us Black people always hatin on The Next man... He Tried to make a move to promote his career and we blastin his a.ss... This Is Givin light to a bunch ole rappers like Q-Tip who aint gone sell 50,000 records.. And Trynna fu*k a young mans career...

I Guess Lupe jus one of dem dudes that look they a know-it-all.. So people expected more from him...

he shouldnt have done the tribute if he dont listen to them. and he shouldnt have lied and said he did it because tip personally asked him to.
 10 years ago '04        #92
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 273 273
 Andre3000 said:
Kanye WEst, Common, and Lupe are the main front runners of Chicago and they arent gangsta street music. And if u havent heard alot of those albums u say u havent then where have u been?????
no theyre not....the industry has blinded too many people with that sh*t. everytime someone thinks of "chicago music" people think of kanye and common. yes theyre a part of chicago but just cause they more known in the mainstream don't mean that's the main style of chicago

go check out traxster, ec illa, do or die, crucial conflict, triple darkness, ec illa, da smart. the list keeps going with sh*t that sounds NOTHIN like kanye or do or die
 10-10-2007, 12:18 PM         #93
macadon83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I feel my n*gga Lupe. Nigagz always think you gotta be a certain way and like certain people just cuz you into hip hop. Not everyone fu*ks with Nas, Jigga, Pac, Biggie, Tribe(though i did) or anyone else. These artist don't define hiphop, they were just a piece of it. If he listened to Ball n G, then that's him.
 10-10-2007, 12:35 PM         #94
Blue Cartwright 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mega_soulstar said:
I'm with lupe all day, for one I am chicago and I am also 25, and in most cases growing up in the chi we really didn't listen to too much ny sh*t until like the late 90's and even then it was a small percentage, take a look at chicago rap we mostly fu*k with dance music or gangsta sh*t, like lupe said ball & jg knocked hard all around the chi, and imma tell ya right now till this day I tried to listen to atcq but I just never liked the sh*t, chitown is known for crucial conflict, do or die, twista, da brat, infamous syndicate, psychodrama, etc. Yall just gotta understand where we come from, go outside an do a survey on how many cats have listened to atcq in chicago compared to roughly any mainstream artist and let me know the results....................
^^^^^
Truth.
 10-10-2007, 12:37 PM         #95
Blue Cartwright 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mega_soulstar said:
Lupe is highly influenced by Crucial Conflict and Nas among others. Lupe regards It Was Written as his favorite album and cites it as his primary source of inspiration. For instance, when asked of his influences in an interview with AllHipHop.com, Lupe stated the following: "You know I really tried to go back and recreate [Nas'] It Was Written, you know what I'm saying like that? [I would play] It Was Written and then I would play my album, and it was like, `Do we got [this] record, do we got that record?'"[1]

In a following interview with Nobody Smiling:

NobodySmiling.com : I heard about Q-Tip dissing you on Miss Info the other day. Wasn't Q-Tip one of your heavy influences?

Lupe Fiasco : Nah, family. I was busy rockin' my Skee-Lo album and watchin' the movie Mystic Pizza. I didn't wanna waste time listening to a man named after an ear hygiene product.

NobodySmiling.com : Whpsh whpsh psh. Now you've said many times that your album is modeled after `It Was Written,' and a lot of people wouldn't admit that because a lot people would be like He's biting or whatever. So why do you feel so comfortable admitting that?

Lupe Fiasco : Cause it's a classic. Like, people study-you study the masters, you know what I'm saying? Everybody that's rapping studied someone to learn how to rap. They had a rapper who was they favorite rapper that they wanted to be like and wanted to rap like, know what I'm saying? For me, I just look at it like I studied a masterpiece. I modeled my album after a masterpiece; and not song for song; not line for line; not beat for beat. It was more-for me it was like mood for mood. The way he set the mood on that album to me was just like incredible. And at the time in my life-like, I fell in love with 'It Was Written' when I was seventeen/eighteen—a very impressionable time—so I was like I love that album. That's my favorite Hip Hop album, so it's like why not base your album on 'It Was Written?' [13]

Along with It Was Written, Lupe claims to have enjoyed music by 2Pac, Too $hort and Jay-Z in "Hurt Me Soul." He has also cited DANGERDOOM and The Teriyaki Boyz as his current favorites.
Lupe a real n*gga, he ain't d*ck riding like certain people (Phonte!!!!!)
 10 years ago '06        #96
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,381 | Props total: 4662 4662
to those sayin that ATCQ is a.ss then yea maybe...if they just came out now. but to appreciate what they did is to put their music in the context of the environment back then. then u'll see...oh sh*t...Tribe was on some other sh*t. remember when pagers came out?? them sh*ts was hot. like oh this is that next sh*t. now what? everybody walkin around with mini computers that, if u want, u can call someone from.

i did find it shocking cause i thought (assumed) Lupe drew influences from ATCQ. BUT Tribe is still one of my favorites and ima still bump Lupe.
 10-10-2007, 12:41 PM         #97
Fresh 84 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont listen to lupe or a tribe called quest
...its Game time
 10 years ago '06        #98
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,381 | Props total: 4662 4662
and see...the reason why i fu*k with the older stuff is cause of my big brother. im in my 20s. but he put me on to De La, Slick Rick, LL, etc. when i was young cause thats what he played and i looked up to him. so i like that sh*t now.
 10-10-2007, 12:51 PM         #99
Jde313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yo thats a fu*k up on there part not lupes they shouldve got someone more familiar
 10 years ago '06        #100
smoothlikebutta 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,618 | Props total: 1756 1756
I listen to tribe all da time... and lupe... im a fan of both and am gunna continue to be a fan... if lupe wasnt up on marauders... its all good, ya dig?
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
105 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
39 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
72 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
19 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
65 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy