Oct 9 - Lupe Responds to Fiascogate

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
165 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #61
heveweight 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$527 | Props total: 37 37
I understand where lupes coming from...theres plenty of people that others call legends that i just never got into.....LL cool J for one.....i respect his longevity and popularity but i could just never get into his music like that...i only know a few songs.

Despite the fact that tribe made great music as lyricists Q-tip and phife were nothing special.
 10 years ago '04        #62
Dungeon Kid 1 heat pts
space
space
$269 | Props total: 20 20
i dont think lupe has actual love for hiphop...yes he has talent but i dont beleive its what he really wants to do.. hes talkin about how after "The Cool" hes only coming out with one more cd.... then this whole thing w/ ATCQ & what suprised me the most is that i consider lupe to be in that same fashion of hiphop that ATCQ represented...it just shocked the hell out of me.. dude is sinking his whole ship he shouldve just been like "my fault i forgot a couple words" and not said sh*t, but noooooo instead he goes apesh*t and starts talkin out of his a.ss... he still hot though its just that i dont understand why he took it this far..
 10 years ago '07        #63
TooShy4Luv 
space
space
$219 | Props total: 1 1
Most of ya'll are acting like he did something horrible and should be exiled. But all he did was screw up on a song.. SO fu*kIN WHAT, ITS NOT THE END OF THE DAMN WORLD... Its not like he is the only artist that messed up performing before. There are even examples in the article itself. I bet your fav artist(s) screwed up in a performance once, and did that suddenly change your attitude towards em? If so you weren't much of a real fan to begin with...

Now, how he responded toward all of this is different. He did it a wrong way but to be honest you can't expect everyone to act professional all the time in these kind of situations. He should of stood firm and not do the tribute if he is not into ATCQ in the first place though. But even if he would have I bet there will still be people hating. Probably say Lupe is sh*t cause first. he doesn't care much for ATCQ and for turning down the offer to take part of the tribute to them which shows disrespect and yada yada yada... So either way he would of ended up hated on regardless.

I find it funny to think that just cause someone doesn't like or want to listen to one certain group it makes them wrong and not a true hip-hop head. If that is the case then mostly everyone is not a true hip-hop head cause I'm betting that there is an artist or group that paved the way for hip-hop that some of you don't like and never plan on listening to. Fu*king hypocrites..

So bottom line is unless Lupe does something that can't be forgiven I'm going to continue liking him, listen to his music and buy his CD when it comes out. Its not going to change over some stupid sh*t.

Last edited by TooShy4Luv; 10-10-2007 at 07:07 AM..
 10-10-2007, 05:19 AM         #64
Yankee22 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
people need to stop the nonsense. not listening to certain songs or albums does not make u any less of a hip hop head. there's plenty of cats that breathe this culture that dont know who alot of the pioneers are. he is wrong for performing anyway, though he didnt know any TCQ... but that doesnt mean he is not hip hop.
 10-10-2007, 05:20 AM         #65
synyster 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Apparently Lupe is not a true Hip Hop head then at all. He's a poser to me from the retarded statements he made. Ok so he never listended to the album...you dont disrespect the cats who layed the foundation for what hip hop is today. I got Lupes album and still dont listen to the damn thing near as much as I listen to any Tribe album. They are classic and innivators of the game. Recognize real my peoples...to be part of something you have to know the past so you know where your going. Its about progress and you cant do that unless you know where your history lays. Hip Hop is an artform that should be respected and studied. I cant respect Lupe no further with those statements as an artist...and me as a fan since I was like 5...f*k dat dude. I would rather listen to real hip hop than some poser who acts as if he knows what he's talking about. Real recognize real!
-One-
 10-10-2007, 05:26 AM         #66
synyster 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[QUOTE=tru_overdose;10616128]and tribe is boring...who bangs tribe on a regular basis? NOBODY. hopping on boxden saying you do is absolute blasphemy and you know it.[/QUOTE]

So what you live in my crib to know I dont listen to Tribe? Your a quer...go float face down in a pool for 4 hours!

I always listen to old school hip hop cause that was an artform and I respect it. The new "breed" if you will have no clue what it should be or should be done. I know my music...get at me!

-one-
 10-10-2007, 07:04 AM         #67
bdboy04 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so he mess up he human i know artist who mess up there own songs come on lupe u still got a fan here brother
 10 years ago '04        #68
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
Damn. No respect for Lupe.

Tsk Tsk n*gga. Common and Q-Tip were in Philly last week. Tip was NUTS. It was good to see him back.
 10 years ago '06        #69
LYTE 125 heat pts125
space
space
space
$14,123 | Props total: 4706 4706
lupe should had said he never listen to the album & left it at that. i never listen to any Tribe's album either. i knew most of their singles though. esp. E. Relaxtion

Last edited by LYTE; 10-10-2007 at 08:00 AM..
 10-10-2007, 08:38 AM         #70
Blue Cartwright 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ 30 + n*ggaz gettin' mad at dude for not ever hearing that album.

I wish ?uestlove and Phonte put all this emotion selling some records, LoL!
 10 years ago '04        #71
Dj KraZ 
space
space
$2,244 | Props total: 533 533
The only people we need to blame is VH1, they are playin them both! They created this FIASCO! LUPE's is dope as hell, IMO one of the best. I"m from the 80's so that's coming from a long way and say LUPE is prolly one of the best then... TRIBE is was and prolly still be da sh*t in my book. But for what they were back in the day they were the uprising and building blocks for some of hiphop.
 10 years ago '06        #72
illathruz 65 heat pts65
space
space
$6,505 | Props total: 2306 2306
Its funny cus I don't listen to Lupe, don't listen to Tribe... But I know Midnight Marauders inside and out. Here's my question... what happened at rehearsal?
 10 years ago '05        #73
mega_soulstar 
space
space
$1,484 | Props total: 0 0
I'm with lupe all day, for one I am chicago and I am also 25, and in most cases growing up in the chi we really didn't listen to too much ny sh*t until like the late 90's and even then it was a small percentage, take a look at chicago rap we mostly fu*k with dance music or gangsta sh*t, like lupe said ball & jg knocked hard all around the chi, and imma tell ya right now till this day I tried to listen to atcq but I just never liked the sh*t, chitown is known for crucial conflict, do or die, twista, da brat, infamous syndicate, psychodrama, etc. Yall just gotta understand where we come from, go outside an do a survey on how many cats have listened to atcq in chicago compared to roughly any mainstream artist and let me know the results....................
 10 years ago '05        #74
mega_soulstar 
space
space
and lupe probably the way he is musically and with the skate boarding sh*t cause the n*gga didn't stay in the hood that long, he moved to the suburbs
 10-10-2007, 09:30 AM         #75
fmoney88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fuk tribe call quest this whole thing is bullsh*t because he never listened to one dum a.ss song people bashing him beacause of that. Who the fuk is a tribe call quest they ain did nuthin real special.
 10 years ago '05        #76
mega_soulstar 
space
space
Raised on the westside of Chicago,[1] Lupe Fiasco is the fifth child of nine brothers and sisters. His father (died February 27, 2007) was an engineer, a prolific African drummer, karate teacher and owner of karate schools and army surplus stores.[2] His mother was a gourmet chef.[3] Fiasco went to high school at Thornton Township High School in Harvey, Illinois.[4] Fiasco started rapping when he was in the eighth grade, but was initially put off by the vulgarity and violent imagery of his father's Public Enemy and N.W.A. records.[1] It wasn't until he heard Nas' 1996 album, It Was Written, at the age of 17 that he began to pursue hip hop music.[3][2]

Growing up, Fiasco was given the nickname "Lu", the last part of his first name, by his mother. "Lupe" is an extension of this nickname, which he borrowed from a friend named Lupe from high school. "Fiasco", he says, "came from the Firm album. They had the song, 'Firm Fiasco'. I just liked the way it looked on paper".[4]
 10 years ago '05        #77
mega_soulstar 
space
space
 fmoney88 said:
fuk tribe call quest this whole thing is bullsh*t because he never listened to one dum a.ss song people bashing him beacause of that. Who the fuk is a tribe call quest they ain did nuthin real special.
:applause::applause::applause:

although i did like bonita applebum
 10 years ago '05        #78
mega_soulstar 
space
space
Lupe is highly influenced by Crucial Conflict and Nas among others. Lupe regards It Was Written as his favorite album and cites it as his primary source of inspiration. For instance, when asked of his influences in an interview with AllHipHop.com, Lupe stated the following: "You know I really tried to go back and recreate [Nas'] It Was Written, you know what I'm saying like that? [I would play] It Was Written and then I would play my album, and it was like, `Do we got [this] record, do we got that record?'"[1]

In a following interview with Nobody Smiling:

NobodySmiling.com : I heard about Q-Tip dissing you on Miss Info the other day. Wasn't Q-Tip one of your heavy influences?

Lupe Fiasco : Nah, family. I was busy rockin' my Skee-Lo album and watchin' the movie Mystic Pizza. I didn't wanna waste time listening to a man named after an ear hygiene product.

NobodySmiling.com : Whpsh whpsh psh. Now you've said many times that your album is modeled after `It Was Written,' and a lot of people wouldn't admit that because a lot people would be like He's biting or whatever. So why do you feel so comfortable admitting that?

Lupe Fiasco : Cause it's a classic. Like, people study-you study the masters, you know what I'm saying? Everybody that's rapping studied someone to learn how to rap. They had a rapper who was they favorite rapper that they wanted to be like and wanted to rap like, know what I'm saying? For me, I just look at it like I studied a masterpiece. I modeled my album after a masterpiece; and not song for song; not line for line; not beat for beat. It was more-for me it was like mood for mood. The way he set the mood on that album to me was just like incredible. And at the time in my life-like, I fell in love with 'It Was Written' when I was seventeen/eighteen—a very impressionable time—so I was like I love that album. That's my favorite Hip Hop album, so it's like why not base your album on 'It Was Written?' [13]

Along with It Was Written, Lupe claims to have enjoyed music by 2Pac, Too $hort and Jay-Z in "Hurt Me Soul." He has also cited DANGERDOOM and The Teriyaki Boyz as his current favorites.
 10 years ago '05        #79
Neohuey89 
space
space
$2,651 | Props total: 664 664
what you have to understand is it's not the performance that pisses me off it's the principle of the... Yo on the real it ain't all that major. Q-Tip wasn't even tripping over it. The guy don't really be feeling their kind of music. You automatically a.ssume that because he raps about certain things that he is in a circle with musicians that feel a certain way about him. Lupe probably heard the album, but he saying this sh*t because y'all got this holy perception on what "Hip-Hop" is. For y'all Hip Hop ain't even a culture it's a damn Fraternity.
 10 years ago '06        #80
JamesAdamsIz808 2 heat pts
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 190 190
I dont think i've listened to that album either. I know i've heard songs from it, but as far as actually sitting down and listening to it? nah..

And anyway Lupe>>>>tribe
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
37 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
286 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
150 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
76 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatumís stats for the month of December so far
54 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
206 comments
19 hours ago