Oct 9 - Lupe Responds to Fiascogate

most viewed right now
 NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
15 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
16 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
63 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-09-2007, 08:07 PM         #21
Just Jus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
On the real I feel waht Lupe sayin. He iant heard the sh*t. It's plenty of classic tracks and sh*t that slip through the cracks. I'm just like him I aint really get into hip hop till middle school and I'm 25. Biggie and Dr Dre is who really turned me on to rap becasue before that it was alot of boom bap and not alot of melody and I like music in my music. so alot of classic sh*t is new to me. and I'm still learnin. And it does get old when some backpacker a.ss f*g**t tries to act like he loves hip hop more than you because he heard this album. Holding the fact that you heard an album that someone else didn't over someone's head liek you better makes you look liek a fu*kin herb that takes this sh*t way too serious. It's straight up snobbery plain and simple. And snobbery on any level is f*g**t sh*t. As far as the performance, yaeh that was pretty lame of dude. But he was asked by the network to do it realized the impact and probably thought it woudl look bad on him to turn it down. I am sooooooooooooo sick of cats being like "oh you aint heard paid in full? k!ll yourself dog" Homey you's a lame who Rakim wouldn'teven p!ss on if you was pn fire yet you swaollowin his nutrs. Calm down homey at the end of the day this is music. And as far as never listening to the album dude is a grown a.ss man and like me he probably don't like to be told he as to do anything. I'm the type of dude where if you tell me I have to do anything I'm not doing it period, even if I was going to in the first place. I'm a Taurus fu*k it. Lupe probably the same way. You can't tell a dude he aint worth sh*t as a rapper becasue he aint never heard such and such album. If somebody told me some sh*t like that and i was as skilled as Lupe I'd be like man fu*k that album I aint never gonna listen to that sh*t and I'm gon still sh*t on all you n*ggas as far as these lyrics go.
 10 years ago '04        #22
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 694 694
 IRemainRaw said:
MM >>> anything to do with Lupe
cosign

Lupe is cool peoples, but I have a problem with his statements.

First off, the disrespect is rampant. I understand that preference may be one thing, but at the same time, why even participate in honoring a group you admittedly have no interest in? Also, he says that Tribe had no influence on him, and he listened mostly to gangsta rap. Based on your album, it's a a far cry from the gangsta rap you grew up on, unless your album was purely a gimmick. If thats the case fu*k you... you got talent, but fu*k you for being a gimmick if thats the case
 10 years ago '04        #23
Dash420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$14,763 | Props total: 6171 6171
i dont blame lupe if he ain lisen to it das his decision and it ain his fault he ain heard it ...da n*gga jus wont interested in hearing it..even if ppl say its a classic i mean to each is own buh as far as the tribute....i think he prolly shudda tried 2 know it if u gonna giv a tribute i mean he fuked up wit dat one buh i mean damn if a n*gga ain kno he ain kno it ...let da n*gga breathe
 10-09-2007, 08:22 PM         #24
Just Jus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 <<InphDigi>> said:
cosign

Lupe is cool peoples, but I have a problem with his statements.

First off, the disrespect is rampant. I understand that preference may be one thing, but at the same time, why even participate in honoring a group you admittedly have no interest in? Also, he says that Tribe had no influence on him, and he listened mostly to gangsta rap. Based on your album, it's a a far cry from the gangsta rap you grew up on, unless your album was purely a gimmick. If thats the case fu*k you... you got talent, but fu*k you for being a gimmick if thats the case
And? I listen to mostly gangsta rap. But that aint me. So if i was a rapper why would I come out on some gangsta sh*t if that aint me? Regardless of how much i like it. And the disrespect aint towards tribe it's towards people out there acting liek he has no place rappin just becasue dude aint listened to tribe and aint about to becasue someb internet cats is tellin him to. Y'all are all trippin. If anythiong I respect Lupe for standing on his own wo and not folding for the sake of some backpacker bloggers.
 10 years ago '06        #25
"SS" 28 heat pts28
space
space
$10,241 | Props total: 4832 4832
while i dont agree with lupe doin the tribute song i agree 100% with what he said. alot of cats (especially internet cats) think just because they say sh*t is classic that sh*t is law. and if u go against the grain then u dumb ignorant not hip hop etc. i never listened to a tribe song in my life and never heard of this song until i opened up this thread to read what the fu*k was goin on. and im 25 years old. all lupe (who i dont listen to either by the way) is sayin is that different music appeals to different people, and if it aint u then it aint u. but u internet n*ggas take that sh*t too far. im with the dude that posted up top. the fans is the reason why hip hop is dead. u dont hear a rock fan sayin i aint gonna listen to blink 182 because i listen to metallica, and mettalica gotta be real rock music cause they been doin it for years. if a n*gga been doin it for years so fu*kin what times change, and if u dont like why listen to it just to fit in. if it appeals to me old or new i listen if not i keep it movin simple as that
 10 years ago '04        #26
fmills15 
space
space
$1,560 | Props total: 19 19
sh*t, i still aint heard that song either. but a real mc would freestyle something when he fu*k up.
 10-09-2007, 08:40 PM         #27
AlCapone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i really dont care what artists i like listen to, if he flubs up he flubs up, keep it movin....as long as the cool is dope jus like f&l then its straight and all im worried about
 10 years ago '04        #28
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,379 | Props total: 463 463
i don't hear 8 ball and mjg in his music...and for the record,i like 8ball and mjg,but they not on tribe's level musically sorry.

how the fu*k could this kid never ever listen to a tribe album...wow..
 10 years ago '05        #29
Rico Tubbs 
space
space
$255 | Props total: 0 0
Lupe pays tribute to ATCQ...hes not the most fimiliar with their music and forgets the words (only a few words at that)...is that really a distant leap from reality? sh*t happens...move on

if youre going to be mad at anyone, shouldnt it be VH1 for not making a better selection? theres 3,000,000,000 rappers, but you happen to choose the one who doesnt know (or care to know) the words to the song...

this is not a Lupe defense, but let it go...
 10 years ago '05        #30
xOuttAconTrolx 
space
space
$359 | Props total: 29 29
on some really sh!t though, i dont care wut lupe did or didn't listen to, ima still listen to HIS sh!t and wait patiently for dat new album
 10 years ago '06        #31
a_ruff24 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,332 | Props total: 5 5
Lupe who?
 10-09-2007, 10:16 PM         #32
mr. fingers 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I feel where Lupe comin from, im the same damn way.
-A lot of people are.

He's just being hated on, for going public/talking about it.
 10 years ago '05        #33
Bay.Area.Boi. 
space
space
$907 | Props total: 2 2
Im a fan of hip hop but hey, i havent really heard all of ATCQ sh*t so what, and if you stop being a fan of lupe because of this incident you were never a fan anyway i dont see the big fu*kin deal, i watched it on tv unless they edited it, he didnt fuk up as bad as it seems, bloggers are like gossiping bi*ches nowadays
 10 years ago '04        #34
DJKromeX 39 heat pts39
space
space
$1,303 | Props total: 0 0
 mr. fingers said:
I feel where Lupe comin from, im the same damn way.
-A lot of people are.

He's just being hated on, for going public/talking about it.
yeah you right, everybody loves to hate on whoevers on top
 10-09-2007, 10:54 PM         #35
Adamxxx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think its rediculous that everyone is in an uproar about this

so dude hasnt listened to ONE album

i understand what they did to affect hip hop
but just because hes a rapper he shouldnt have a fu*king mental catelog of every significant track and album put out

he grew up on jay and nas
i think thats sufficient
 10-09-2007, 11:13 PM         #36
LupeFiascal 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that made me love lupe 1000000000000000 times more, i couldnt have said it any better.
 10 years ago '06        #37
insert.cliche 
space
space
$1,283 | Props total: 8 8
it ain't about him fu*kin up on stage really...although it's fu*kin inexcuseable when he's paid to be a performer (and he's a good one at that so...that sh*t counts against him double). it's about his complete sense of arrogance on the matter.

have some fu*kin dignity. handle the criticism w/ grace. accept the fact that you did a sh*tty job preparing for a gig your sorry a.ss shouldn't have accepted in the first place. and stop passing yourself off as hip hop's savior. (qtip's handpicked tributee...BULLsh*t.) granted there aren't a lot of beacons of hope in hip hop today...but if this is how you're gonna act...i'll just wait til the next boat. too many d*ckriders on the lupe ship anyway.
 10 years ago '04        #38
Hyper_Intel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,938 | Props total: 89 89
 DJ Maximum said:
As A Lupe Fan

I See Where He Comes From

The n*gga Was Being Honest He Didnt Fake It If The n*gga Didnt Never Hear The Album Then So Be It n*ggaz Is So Caught Up Into Oh If U Never Heard The Album Dont Rap Thats Some Bullsh*t Right There Ive Heard The Album It Was Dope Should I Think He Should Listen To That Classic Album Yes But Shouldnt Get Chastised About The Situation Lupe Is Hip Hop Had The Best Innovative Album In 06 So Im Saying fu*k A Blogger
Exactly! I'm 25 and I never listend to Tribe Called Quest. I was at a Little Brother concert up here 2 years ago and they played some TCQ before the show, I was dumbfounded. Who the hell cares. Like its a Bible or something...:finger:
 10 years ago '04        #39
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 273 273
 RicFlair said:
im not mad that he didnt ever hear it, im mad that he didnt ever hear it yet tried to do a tribue concert for them and then claimed that tip wanted him there when tip has said otherwise
^^^thats how i think about it....it's pretty fu*kin stupid to judge someone and tell them they shouldn't rap cause they don't like or haven't heard a certain album. sh*t i dont listen to that type of music cause it's not my style. not every album is everybody's favorite.
 10 years ago '04        #40
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,208 | Props total: 102 102
its not the fact that he didnt listen to tribe

its the lack of respect hes carrying when talking about them...in this situation...u dont have to be a fan to respect somebody....he basically said he doesnt care in a arrogant a.ss way

him coming on the message board wasnt helping.........because its silly ...he let that sh*t go under his skin.

if u read the thread on okay player he responds to people with sarcasm and ramadon blessings...its like wtf?.....he even promoted souljah boys album to be funny about the people criticizing his musical background

true colors are being let out...sit back and enjoy the show
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
32 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
119 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
84 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Shane Larkin trolls a BX member
14 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
123 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
170 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy