Are Rappers Really Rich?

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
260 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
76 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
68 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #1
6536 pageviews
40 comments

AnthonyCruz 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,828 | Props total: 2 2
Are Rappers Really Rich?

After hearing about this Beanie Sigel bullsh*t and him stealing Dodge Neons it got me thinking. Are these rappers really rich like we think? I mean of course n*ggas like Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Kanye, Diddy, ect.. those n*ggas got paper but what about guys like Jadakiss, Styles P, Beaine Sigel, Fabolous, hell, even Nas. Do those n*ggas got money like that? I seriousily thought the boy Sigel had some paper. State Property clothing, his album sales, roca-fella tour money, state property movies, sh*t.... so what do you think? do these n*ggas really have money or are they struggling to get by just like the most of us? image

40 comments for "Are Rappers Really Rich?"

10 years ago '04        #2
sonofaque86 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$428 | Props total: 0 0
I don't know if that was real but after hearing about Lil' Boosie being pulled over in a Hyundai Sonata makes you wonder. A fu*king Sonata..
 10 years ago '06        #3
Jersey826 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,826 | Props total: 1171 1171
 sonofaque86 said:
I don't know if that was real but after hearing about Lil' Boosie being pulled over in a Hyundai Sonata makes you wonder. A fu*king Sonata..
That was fake son.
 10 years ago '04        #4
Mike T 136 heat pts136
space
space
$12,878 | Props total: 18462 18462
I wouldnt say rich but well off, especially southern artist independent grind=good money
 10 years ago '07        #5
sacpasse87 
space
space
$758 | Props total: 0 0
if theyre smart with their money and dont feel obligated to pay for their entourage to go everywhere w/ them, they should make good money thru tours and shyt, its wat u do w/ the money, not how much u make...
 10 years ago '07        #6
parle58 
space
space
$1,509 | Props total: 0 0
IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT U CONSIDER RICH
 10 years ago '06        #7
MissLoveOne 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,129 | Props total: 42 42
I don't know, I'm not looking at these men's bank accounts. Why don't you ask them? These people can't tell you.
 10 years ago '06        #8
J.Shykes 
space
space
$1,122 | Props total: 1069 1069
Calm down. Beanie took an Altima or something like that. You need to take your eyes from other men's pockets. None of the rappers that you listen to feed you. YOU feed YOU. Worry about your own paper before your neighbors. If more people did that, then there won't be as many broke people in the world.
 10-08-2007, 09:26 PM         #9
Truth B Told 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
na

just jay
 10-08-2007, 09:28 PM         #10
GOD999 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 10-08-2007, 09:38 PM         #11
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
threadposter, go ahead and :hang: yourself for asking dumbass questions.

are rappers rich....damn do you listen to rap? thats all they talk about
 10-08-2007, 09:44 PM         #12
DrUnK-N-MuNkY 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
rappers rich

i think jadakiss broke like underground rappers

Jadakiss cash=Immortal techiqnue cash
 10 years ago '04        #13
DonofDons21 
space
space
$6,254 | Props total: 701 701
if they are rich it aint off show money...unless u been plat ur last few albums or you run a label like cam and jim
 10-08-2007, 09:55 PM         #14
DipSetSaddam 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No, unless they're a major artist like you named, they're not.

Having done a lot of work with mixtapes and sh*t, having done a lot of research and reading into music and recording contract law, having seen and dealt with some medium-name rappers...they're not rich. Your average upper-middle class white family whose parents both work at decent jobs have more money than rappers. Because rappers never save and spend all their money on stupid sh*t.

Most rappers can get the sh*t they rock because of label advances and credit from their label. On top of that, mad sh*t they drive/rock/wear is fake or rented or whatever. Rap is all a smoke-and-mirrors game...it's show business. You know how in movies sh*t is just props and spiced up for the movie? Same sh*t with rap. These guys might get like $100k cash to spend off their initial deal and go buy/lease some cars, a fur coat, and a moissanite chain, so they have nicer stuff than they used to, but they're not "rich" like millions in the bank. Even indie artists claim they're making all this money, they're not. Sell 300,000 albums indie , you might get a million bucks but you also have to pay out much more of the promotion and production costs yourself. The label isn't going to pay your way and cover expenses and that sh*t. And, although indie sh*t gets a lot of talk these days, a lot of dudes are still on majors. And those dudes are really broke.

A major label deal isn't going to turn a profit for you until like your third successful album. How many rappers other than the big boys can you name that had three commercially successful albums? They'd have to be able to do that before they even break even. Then, pay your manager, road people, lawyers, crew, production team, etc. etc. all the way down the line.

This is why rappers just k!ll me with their lies and fronting. But "getting money" is a cornerstone of hip-hop sh*t these days...to go against that or to look vulnerable in that area would destroy a rapper's rep. And nobody is going to check them, and, like people said before, we can't "see into their accounts" so we'll never call them on it. But the math doesn't add up for 95% of these guys claiming they caking. A decently successful artist might be able to make enough to move his family, get a couple mid-level luxury cars, and live quietly, but that's if they use the money right. How many rappers are going to do that instead of go out and buy a bunch of clothes and a diamond chain. And even then, nobody would consider that "not broke, and 'comfortable" lifestyle to be "rich." It's all relative. Lot of rappers were dirt poor before, they get a little money, they think they're rich as hell. And their fans are broke too, so the myth is an easy sell.

Your average rap consumer is a 15 year old male these days...they're impressionable and will believe anything, and they also understand nothing about business. So it's easy as fu*k to lie.

So many people on here are going to be quick to defend rappers and act like they have money though, because that's so much of the allure of the whole thing. It would suck to realize your favorite music/culture that you live and love is a fu*kin' sham. It sucked for me when I realized it, but I'm glad I've seen the light.
 10-08-2007, 10:10 PM         #15
b4d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Steveo54 said:
threadposter, go ahead and :hang: yourself for asking dumbass questions.

are rappers rich....damn do you listen to rap? thats all they talk about
hey just cause they rap about don't mean its true....most rappers only tell ppl what they want to hear.
 10 years ago '06        #16
Yung Dilla 1479 heat pts1479
space
space
$54,901 | Props total: 25741 25741
 AnthonyCruz said:
After hearing about this Beanie Sigel bullsh*t and him stealing Dodge Neons it got me thinking. Are these rappers really rich like we think? I mean of course n*ggas like Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Kanye, Diddy, ect.. those n*ggas got paper but what about guys like Jadakiss, Styles P, Beaine Sigel, Fabolous, hell, even Nas. Do those n*ggas got money like that? I seriousily thought the boy Sigel had some paper. State Property clothing, his album sales, roca-fella tour money, state property movies, sh*t.... so what do you think? do these n*ggas really have money or are they struggling to get by just like the most of us?

well beanie never even went gold so he got money bu not likt ye 50 game etc etc
 10 years ago '06        #17
Yung Dilla 1479 heat pts1479
space
space
$54,901 | Props total: 25741 25741
1. Jay-Z - $34 million
2. 50 Cent - $32 million
3. Diddy - $28 million
4. Timbaland - $21 million
5. Dr. Dre - $20 million
6. Eminem - $18 million
7. Snoop Dogg - $17 million
8. Kanye West - $17 million
9. Pharrell Williams - $17 million
10. Scott Storch - $17 million
11. Ludacris - $16 million
12. T.I. - $16 million
13. OutKast - $14 million
14. Lil Jon - $14 million
15. Ice Cube - $13 million
16. Jermaine Dupri - $12 million
17. Swizz Beatz - $12 million
18. Chamillionaire - $11 million
19. The Game - $11 million
20. Yung Joc - $10 million

if that aint rich idk what is
 10-08-2007, 10:27 PM         #18
kenny2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 b4d said:
hey just cause they rap about don't mean its true....most rappers only tell ppl what they want to hear.
:applause:
 10 years ago '06        #19
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,629 | Props total: 2328 2328
Think about that one n*gga from the Franchise Boyz. n*gga got nabbed with like 50 lbs of piff. That's the only way n*ggas who ain't on a certain level get money. Kiss always talkin about his weed spots. 50 even talked about flippin an advance. n*ggas is hustlin to support they music & lifestyle. They might not need to hustle as hard as the average, because they do have some legit income. But for the most part, a majority of them n*ggas might have money equal to about a 40/50k a year job.
 10-08-2007, 10:45 PM         #20
Bone Diddles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so wait, beanie sigel stole a dodge neon?
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
279 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Woj: "Very unlikely Paul George stays in OKC"
73 comments
1 day ago