Oct 6 - 15-Year-Old Black Female Brutalized By Police in Florida

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
230 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
108 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
128 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Fuk the police

Props Slaps
 10-07-2007, 12:12 AM         #1
7396 pageviews
186 comments

Bone Diddles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Oct 6 - 15-Year-Old Black Female Brutalized By Police in Florida

FORT PIERCE - A 15-year-old girl is facing a felony battery charge from a curfew violation incident in which a city police officer struck and pepper sprayed her after she bit him — actions shown in a police videotape released Thursday.

Fort Pierce Police Chief Sean Baldwin said he stands by how Officer Dan Gilroy handled the July arrest.

“It is shocking to see that a police officer has had to use that level of force against a child,” Baldwin said Thursday night. “But ... my opinion is he responded appropriately and in accordance with our policies.

“I do not expect my officers to stand there and allow a child or an adult to bite them,” he added.

Gilroy was trying to handcuff Shelwanda Riley, 15, of the 300 block of South 25th Street, for breaking the city’s curfew when she became increasingly violent and bit him, according to the police report.

Gilroy dragged the girl to the front of his car, dodging her kicks and swings and activating his in-car video camera to record the remainder of the encounter, his report said.

At one point, she “clamped down on my hand/wrist and I felt immediate pain shot up my arm,” the officer wrote. “The pain was shocking, and I thought the suspect was going to extract a large piece of flesh from my hand.”

Riley was in court Thursday and had her case scheduled to go to trial Nov. 28. She faces a felony charge of battery on a law-enforcement officer and misdemeanor charge of resisting an officer or obstructing justice without violence.

Last week, Baldwin received a call from the Public Defender’s Office expressing concerns the girl’s family had about the video recording of the arrest.

Baldwin asked the Public Defender’s Office to have Riley’s family contact him, but he said he hasn’t heard from them.

Gilroy, who was wearing cut-resistant gloves that protected him from serious injury, struck the 100-pound girl in response to the bite, the report said.

“(She) left a large amount of saliva on my wrist as she took a full bite,” the officer wrote. “My wrist was red and slightly bruised, but there was no broken skin.”

Gilroy was responding to a 911 call about a suspicious couple walking the area of 24th Street and Boston Avenue with full garbage bags, when he met up with Riley at about 1:50 a.m.

She was carrying a bag of what appeared to be new clothing, the officer reported.

Photos provided by the Fort Pierce Police Department show scars on Riley’s wrist that Baldwin says “happens when people that are handcuffed resist by pulling away.

“They actually get scrapes, abrasions on the wrist,” he said.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.tcpalm.com/new .. a-fort-pierce/

Last edited by Bone Diddles; 10-08-2007 at 09:42 AM..

186 comments for "Oct 6 - 15-Year-Old Black Female Brutalized By Police in Florida"

10 years ago '06        #2
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
Smh. That cop aint do nothing wrong. His directions were simple. The damn girl wanted to resist, so she got a load of mace in her face. She aint get brutalized. Everytime a cop and a black person get involved in an altercation, the cop somehow always ends up brutalizing the victim. Nah, I don't believe that sh*t and this video is proof that the girl was resisting him. And she bit him, the fu*k was he supposed to do? Give her a high five? I bet all he woulda done was take her home, but she had to be stupid.
 10 years ago '04        #3
Mike T 136 heat pts136
space
space
$12,863 | Props total: 18414 18414
In his defense she did bite him but fu*kin stealing off on her that hard pepper spray wasnt called for he could of handled that better. This dude is probably 200lbs and she look around 100 if that.
 10-07-2007, 12:32 AM         #4
Tempus # 1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
did he really have to punch her in the face?

seems like he just got mad that she bit him and decided to get his revenge.

she shouldnt have resisted though. but i guarantee that would have went differently if it was a white girl instead of black. no race card

Last edited by Tempus # 1; 10-07-2007 at 12:37 AM..
 10-07-2007, 12:33 AM         #5
SirSkillz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Let's all promote racism

!
 10-07-2007, 12:36 AM         #6
Bone Diddles  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SirSkillz said:
Let's all promote racism

!
yo wtf is u talkin about?
 10 years ago '05        #7
BreadNButta 127 heat pts127
space
space
$1,121 | Props total: 41 41
 Tempus # 1 said:
did he really have to punch her in the face?

seems like he just got mad that she bit him and decided to get his revenge.
Yea that was unnecessary.
 10-07-2007, 12:38 AM         #8
Bone Diddles  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tempus # 1 said:
she shouldnt have resisted though. but i guarantee that would have went differently if it was a white girl instead of black. no race card
exactly
 10-07-2007, 12:45 AM         #9
SirSkillz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bone Diddles said:
yo wtf is u talkin about?
Why does it have to be 15 year old BLACK female? and Brutalized? It looks like an american woman to me
 10-07-2007, 12:49 AM         #10
Bone Diddles  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SirSkillz said:
Why does it have to be 15 year old BLACK female? and Brutalized? It looks like an american woman to me
k cool, i understand where u are coming from
but now its important that you come back to reality.....
 10-07-2007, 12:49 AM         #11
Tempus # 1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SirSkillz said:
yea, your right. race and racism doesnt exist:rolleyes:. i love your enthusiasm and i hope the world is one day like that too but come on now

Last edited by Tempus # 1; 10-07-2007 at 12:50 AM..
 10-07-2007, 12:50 AM         #12
King Juels  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
*Dust off old N.W.A. album*
 10-07-2007, 01:12 AM         #13
SirSkillz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bone Diddles said:
k cool, i understand where u are coming from
but now its important that you come back to reality.....
man i've really LITERALLY witnessed the same thing happen before in my neighborhood. There was one difference however. It was a white woman being arrested. It didnt get posted on youtube.com with a following paragraph about racism. yeah it sucks when you're being placed under arrest but she should not have gone into denial about the situation and decided to bite the officer. He instictively reacted to the situation by hitting (brutalizing) the person (15 year old BLACK female) who bit him. That was not "BRUTAL". . I'm not racist and i dont think it's just a beautiful world we live in but that video was racism propaganda and you know damn well if it was a white woman instead of a black female being "brutalized" everyone who watched the video would just say it's another trailer park arrest. fu*k racism
 10-07-2007, 01:16 AM         #14
Tempus # 1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SirSkillz said:
man i've really LITERALLY witnessed the same thing happen before in my neighborhood. There was one difference however. It was a white woman being arrested. It didnt get posted on youtube.com with a following paragraph about racism. yeah it sucks when you're being placed under arrest but she should not have gone into denial about the situation and decided to bite the officer. He instictively reacted to the situation by hitting (brutalizing) the person (15 year old BLACK female) who bit him. That was not "BRUTAL". . I'm not racist and i dont think it's just a beautiful world we live in but that video was racism propaganda and you know damn well if it was a white woman instead of a black female being "brutalized" everyone who watched the video would just say it's another trailer park arrest. fu*k racism
i agree with that. video was like one of those middle eastern videos they show over there to trick them to hate americans.
 10 years ago '04        #15
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$16,457 | Props total: 6610 6610
Im sorry that bi*ch would have bit me...
Im risking the shield..I would have beat that broads BRAINS out!!

reason #236,479,787 of why im not a cop
 10-07-2007, 01:29 AM         #16
SirSkillz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tempus # 1 said:
i agree with that. video was like one of those middle eastern videos they show over there to trick them to hate americans.
PROPS
 10-07-2007, 01:33 AM         #17
ARbz1353  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow dumb bi*ch deserved the mace. This cop just doing his job has better things to do just trying to get this girl home, better he has her then her being out on her own late at night, thats when girls r*ped. She probably freaked cuz she didn't wanna get in trouble and resisted. And i guarentee that video was longer then what cnn showed, he was probably calm and finally got tired of her struggling and thats what they showed, him angry. I already know if she was white this wouldn't even be a story.

I saw the same thing at a football game, girl was go crazy drunk and 3 cops had to subdue her with some force and carry her out. never heard a story on that. O but i forgot, she was white.
 10-07-2007, 01:39 AM         #18
SmooveDude  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Trill n*gga said:
damn...they serious about that 11:00 curfew down here
nah they aint....and they dont do dat to dudes here from wat ive seen only chicks
 10 years ago '06        #19
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
Here's the full video.

10-07-2007, 02:09 AM         #20
ARbz1353  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ima80baby said:
Here's the full video.

I knew it, shes just stupid. THat dude was asking her.. all she had to was let him cuff her and be done with it.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
21 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
33 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Report: Rival executives believe Rockets are legitimate threat to sign LeB..
64 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
167 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy