Oct 5 - Jim Jones signs a multi-million dollar deal with Sony.

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This is what the richest zip code in America looks like
71 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Aaron Hernandez' widow reveals she is pregnant, 13 months after his death
126 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sony CEO: “The PlayStation 4 Is Entering The Final Phase Of Its Life C..
84 comments
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Mansion 2018
54 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
5851 pageviews
71 comments

m_cullins 64 heat pts64
space
space
$7,565 | Props total: 403 403
Oct 5 - Jim Jones signs a multi-million dollar deal with Sony.

well, well, well…..the plot thickens. I just got a phone call from Jim Jones, and to call him ecstatic would be a major understatement. The guy was overjoyed, pumped, on cloud nine….

And for good reason. Jimmy told me,

“I just left the lawyer’s office. I signed a multimillion dollar joint venture with Sony. My boss is Rick Rubin and Hip Hop (Kyambo Joshua) is doing my albums with me. What you think Jay-Z is gonna think about that?”

I said it probably wouldn’t go down like a sip of that ace of spade, just kidding, but that for Jim Jones, this was like a one-in-a-million chance at a new beginning. He told me that over the past two months, he had met with Hip Hop, then went out to LA to hang out with Rick, they had hit it off, and the very next day, Rick was calling the lawyers to make it happen. Jimmy also said that of course Koch did some kicking and screaming, that as a result, they were broken off nicely, but that it still worked out. He has already been working on his new album, due out in early ‘08, and has even recorded a song with Rick Rubin himself. And the next phase of his Sony deal will allow him to set up shop with his own artists over there (interesting….I’m gonna bug him for names).

“What’s crazy is that they gave me the same deal that Un and them fu*ked up back in the day when they got the Sony/Untertainment deal….I got that joint venture, that 50/50 split, they don’t give those out anymore. That’s a Dame Dash, Ruff Ryders deal. And I’m bout to go crazy with it. I’m gonna be a problem.”

And since Jimmy brought up Hov in his first sentence, I wondered if Jay-Z had been mentioned in the course of the negotiations and meetings and powwows…I mean, isnt Jay “consulting” for Rick over at Sony?

“That’s bugged, right? Just think, Minya [note: ok, I’ve known the Dipset guys longer than I’ve been Miss Info so they get a pass, ool] Hip Hop is the guy who did all of Jay’s albums, and Rick Rubin is the man who gave him that monster hit. So I dont know if he was aware of the deal, but its when everyone else finds out….that’s what I imagine will put him in a different kind of state.”

I’ll share more details tonite, like what Jimmy said about Rick Rubin, and more importantly, the future of Dipset….but I gotta run to catch the Hip Hop Honors show : )

[pic - click to view]

http://www.missinfo.tv/

Last edited by m_cullins; 10-05-2007 at 06:53 AM..

71 comments for "Oct 5 - Jim Jones signs a multi-million dollar deal with Sony."

11 years ago '06        #2
Yung Dilla 1498 heat pts1498
space
space
$57,488 | Props total: 36555 36555
damn so he really left koch and cam right now thats what he meant on rap city someone offered me a large sum of money i couldnt deny they made me a offer i can't refuse
 11 years ago '07        #3
dipset121 39 heat pts39
space
space
$2,267 | Props total: 20 20
thats wassup thank god this fool aint join g-unit
 10-05-2007, 07:15 AM         #4
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He got a complementary PS3 with the deal
 10-05-2007, 07:18 AM         #5
Face3Stacks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jim Jones signs a MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR DEAL and the first thing that comes to his mind is Jay-Z:banghead: either he's gay or stupid and doesn't know how much Jay's worth

if that's not proof how much of a boss Jay is I don't know what is...+ Jay don't care about Jones lil deal..why would Jay care about a couple million when he's 500 million deep:rolleyes:
 11 years ago '04        #6
DCbullets202 
space
space
$1,361 | Props total: 0 0
cant agree with rick rubin on this, i thought he was in it for the "music." i got all 3 jim jones cds and rock em time 2 time but he nothing special nor is he worth that
 11 years ago '07        #7
timdog 991 heat pts991
space
space
$33,247 | Props total: 20090 20090
good move on jim jones part
 10-05-2007, 08:00 AM         #8
mattwoolly8 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow cant believe he got that big of a deal...cant hate on him tho
 11 years ago '04        #9
2meo 
space
space
$3,001 | Props total: 0 0
I'm sure Jay gives a fu*k about this n*gga, Jay probs forgot he existed, if Jay did care though he could toss him a couple dollars and Jim would be throwin the ROC up for him snake a.ss n*gga
 11 years ago '07        #10
wtr1906 45 heat pts45
space
space
$17,912 | Props total: 5156 5156
 dipset121 said:
thats wassup thank god this fool aint join g-unit

True that cause when he was on Rap city I thought he was talkin' about a G-unit/Interscope deal
 11 years ago '04        #11
jae premier 
space
space
$2,495 | Props total: 78 78
i think its funny how he thinks taht jay-z gives a sh*t about him making a deal with sony, like its suppost to have some negative affect on hov.

these dipset boys just dont realize that they arnt on his radar.
 11 years ago '05        #12
benadreal 
space
space
$3,588 | Props total: 73 73
this guy is a.ss, why are so many people spending money on him?

bullsh*t rhymes, with 3 adlibs a bar=
 10-05-2007, 08:56 AM         #13
Mr.Big Deal 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol @ jenny jones gettin a lil paper and thinkin that sh*t would even make jay get outta bed with beyonce,n*gga could buy that deal they gave jenny and push his wack a.ss album back to 3010
 11 years ago '04        #14
W24x55 61 heat pts61
space
space
$13,017 | Props total: 14791 14791
believe it or not jim really knows how to talk to people and do business
 11 years ago '07        #15
Jae_Mike 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,489 | Props total: 1247 1247
 Face3Stacks said:
Jim Jones signs a MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR DEAL and the first thing that comes to his mind is Jay-Z:banghead: either he's gay or stupid and doesn't know how much Jay's worth

if that's not proof how much of a boss Jay is I don't know what is...+ Jay don't care about Jones lil deal..why would Jay care about a couple million when he's 500 million deep:rolleyes:
cosign....when n*ggas get a deal like that dont deserve it shows that hip hop is on the decline
 11 years ago '04        #16
Laffman22 
space
space
$541 | Props total: 183 183
Jimmy's the boss of Dipset now! wheres Cam?
 11 years ago '04        #17
Kadroan 119 heat pts119
space
space
$35,146 | Props total: 8151 8151
not bad. too bad hes on sony. aint no rappers really on there
 11 years ago '04        #18
x Tha Arkitek x 65 heat pts65
space
space
$19,147 | Props total: 7951 7951
 FrostyNug24 said:
believe it or not jim really knows how to talk to people and do business
...and you know this because :rolleyes:
 10-05-2007, 10:20 AM         #19
Los86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn to many people on here talking trash about jim jones when they know they were bumping "we fly high" last summer too......and his album wasnt bad cant wait for his new one to come out hope is good
 11 years ago '07        #20
Chevyman 
space
space
space
$573 | Props total: 0 0
yeah damn when jay get there he funna suckin his meat cause he might again a ceo and poor jjimmy dont wanna lose his job lol
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside TAYLOR BANNER out here looking like something to eat! 🌱
79 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Damn! Tina Fey Is Getting Thick
73 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jose Guapo out here down bad
56 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 🐰 Perfect Snowbunny.IMPOSSIBLE DECISION🐰
114 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Jet Li battling thyroid condition. Does not look good
49 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Lebron James just PUBLICLY ETHERED Stephen Curry CAREER and TOOK HIS SOUL ..
133 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
May 21 - Dad takes late son's girlfriend to prom, one month after fatal crash
51 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Some chick tossed her drink on Boxdens Favorite mayonnaise Queen.
132 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy