Oct 3 - Verizon's Voyager, iPhone Killer?

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #81
deadwrong03 89 heat pts89
space
space
space
$4,543 | Props total: 532 532
that joint looks nice, plus its on verizon and they're better than at&t hands down
 10 years ago '04        #82
jeehtoven 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,645 | Props total: 470 470
 Arkanjal said:
your missing the point here...

the iphone has NOTHING technologically that makes it more advanced than other phones. there are plenty of phones that DO MORE than the iphone, and are a lot cheaper.

all the iphone is, is a cool interface for those few features that it does have. the iphone is like watching and-1 or the harlem globetrotters, instead of the NBA. it may look cooler, but in the end you know where to find the real sh*t.

and no, the Safari browser is NOT the best. and ANY Windows Mobile phone can do anything the iphone can and a lot more.
no other phone has the keyboard like the iPhone. That's as advanced as you're going to get nowadays.

Plus the zooming features make it one of a kind. I'm not hating on these other phones, but you can't tell me that's it's not an advanced phone.
 10-06-2007, 02:24 AM         #83
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dipsetgrl022 said:
there's nuttin' fu*kin' wit the iphone...juss 4 tha simple fact that it got tha i in tha name makes it the most marketable phone in the world...ppl buy sh*t they're familiar wit..apple is familiar..therefore hella ppl buy it....the more ppl keep tryna sh*t on the iphone..the more likely apples bout 2 put out harder sh*t..
Aye when you turn 18?
 10 years ago '05        #84
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,719 | Props total: 2204 2204
i love people who saying the iphone is hot. Listen people, that sh*t is hot for the masses. the people who know they sh*t will tell u that the iphone is whack and there will be devices that are comparable or blow that sh*t outta the water real soon. y'all think the iphone is hot huh, go to japan and take a look at their cellphones. they are at least 50 times better than the iphone and 100 times better than the regular cellphones we have. I cant wait for the voyager.
 10 years ago '05        #85
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
 ima80baby said:
If Apple released a 3G iPhone and fixed a few minor things in the phone and added more capabilities like video and MMS, the iPhone would be better than all other phones. Time will come when everyone will be doing the whole touch screen thing. The fact that Apple made it work the way they did can only mean that future touch screen phones will have to be better in order to compete therefore being better for us, the consumers.
i've used the iPhone, i sell the iPod Touch (iPhone without the phone), and i have to say, both are annoying as fu*k.....

what about the Mogul??? through Sprint, who's mobile broadband is ALREADY faster than 3G and will soon offer the even faster Rev A, this phone sh*ts all over the iPhone........it's screen slides up, which is cooler than the iPhone IMO, it has an actual keyboard instead of a touch one, a touch screen, expandable memory, and the previously mentioned Rev A capabilities, all for less than the price of the iPhone (after rebates, that you don't get with the iPhone, of course).........and for the guy who said that you could turn the iPhone sideways for 'portrait view': the Mogul does that as well.........

i don't know why anyone would want an iPhone........what happens when you break your screen (that's made of glass by the way)??? how will you turn your phone on?? i cracked the screen on my UpStage a few months back, i could still turn it on and make a call, but if i had the iPhone, i'd be fu*ked since it has no 'hard' keypad..........

there are places (like my entire state) where the iPhone doesn't even get service because it transmits on a frequency higher than that used by the main towers in those areas.........the other AT&T phones work here, but not the iPhone...........the cheapest rate plan you can get through AT&T with the iPhone is $59.99 right???

my Sprint plan:

my Sprint bill:

i have a phone that downloads music, movies, TV shows, surfs the web without restrictions, texts without lag from a overloaded processor, can work without having the main display work (if you break it), makes calls anywhere there's a tower..........i have a phone that has all of the functions of the iPhone, not all of the asthetic sh*t (cool touch screen), that i paid less than $100 to own and pay less that $40 a month to maintain........

when you walk into that Apple store and you purchase an iPhone, you're paying for the Apple name........it's just like when you walk into that store and buy an iPod.........there's nothing a 4GB Nano can do that a e260 Sansa can't do (4GB and expandable up to 6), but it's $40 more........

China Man said:
The Browser and iPod itself are worth more than %99...fu*kin idiot
my UpStage with the Opera Mobile browser i downloaded for free to allow me to view full web pages instead of WAP enabled ones and that plays MP3s without having to go through iTunes costs $99.99 with a 2 year contract......

that's a browser and an MP3 player for $99.99..........

China Man said:
That was pretty stupid.

What you expect apple to sell a product and not make profit?

I understand it's in the wireless industry and apple probably gets money from the contracts, but at the same time why wouldn't they make profit on the phone?

Video game systems is one of the few things that are sold BELOW cost...as a matter of fact I don't think anything else is sold below cost but video game systems.
cell phones are sold below cost all the time......

you think that Dobson/Cellular One/US Cellular/Sprint offering Razrs for $19.99 is making then profit?? hell no........

most cell phones are sold WELL below cost because the wireless carrier buys them in bulk then recoups off the contracts............
 10 years ago '06        #86
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
The UpStage is nice, but the iPhone is still innovative. It's truly one of a kind. Not every phone can stand up to it and come out smiling. The Prada sucks nuts, and I don't really like the new Armani phone.
 10 years ago '05        #87
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
i wasn't saying that my phone was more innovative than the iPhone...........

i was saying that my phone does everything the iPhone does (minus the zoom sh*t and responding when you touch the screen) for 1/4 the price...........i was saying that my phone has access to the same things the iPhone has access to, only in a larger quantity, for $20 less a month........

so if you're wanting to pay $300 more outright and $20 more monthly for a touchscreen and more restricted, slower running internet access, be my guest...........

there are TONS of phones that do WHAT the iPhone does in a different way fthat take less money to own and less to operate.........
 10 years ago '06        #88
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
I know that. I'd rather keep my iPhone however. I've come to like the sh*t too damn much. That Tilt that's coming out is looking good though. I wanna see what's gonna happen with that and how people respond to it.
 10-07-2007, 01:59 PM         #89
Soulja1896 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WiLLiePerezez said:
iphone just brought the standards up.ppl who dont like it.cool thats their choice.but then theres dumb people that choose to bash it just cuz they cant/or dont have one.its like when Mj was in the league.all these corny mofos called"the Jordan stoppers".and look how it ended.the iphone will keep evolving year by year.well just have to wait and see.

LMAO At Comparing The iPhone To Michael Jordan

Stupid f*g**t
 10 years ago '04        #90
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
my blackberry > any other phone ive used

Last edited by TheMagicMan; 10-07-2007 at 02:33 PM..
 10-07-2007, 03:41 PM         #91
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this thread is just sad
yet funny
and i personally think these people that are talking sh*t about the iPhone (i had it briefly but sold it) are the same people who bought Zunes so they wouldnt buy the "Ipod" cuz everyone had it,
the iPhone is stupid and people just have it cuz its the "cool thing to have"
when that dies down they will get another phone....
end of story or when people stop getting impressed by the sh*t on the iPhone...
 10 years ago '05        #92
AztekLB 
space
space
$1,148 | Props total: 13 13
dope phone
 10-08-2007, 09:41 PM         #93
b4d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
finally verizon is getting on board....that voyager is going to sick on the verizon network, verizon need to hyped it up like the iphone cause it is SUPPOSE to be a better device
 10-08-2007, 10:20 PM         #94
earzkick 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Arkanjal said:
i can browse the internet and listen to MP3's on any smartphone $1-200 cheaper than the iphone....next please.
Umm the Blackberry 8800, curve, pearl, ppc6800, Q, sda, dash, wing, mda, and so many other phones that have been on the market before the iphone.
 10 years ago '06        #95
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
people are just like a bunch of zombies at this poitn, they will pay any rediculous price that they put on phones
 10 years ago '04        #96
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
Showed it to a couple of customers, they took their iPhones back.

Swear to god.
 10-08-2007, 11:25 PM         #97
AU1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Treo does just fine and the same thing if not more than iPhone. Preparing to pay for law school is more important than buying a phone cuz all the little 18 yr olds want it.
 10-08-2007, 11:28 PM         #98
g.o.a.t91 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all these phones look good, that HTC might keep me from switchin from Sprint.
 10 years ago '05        #99
Knockout Kingz 
space
space
$2,043 | Props total: 81 81
Iphone is running the cellphone game right now!!!
 10-09-2007, 03:45 AM         #100
BlackSaiyan 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hiphopsince1983 said:
Google AT&T Tilt. This is going to take some iPhone customers away. Not me though. HTC isn't known for great hardware, so that keyboard is going to be on some bullsh*t after a couple of months.

I got the 8525 so I'm gonna peep the Tilt. I use my cell for mostly biz so those are more my speed than the Iphone or Voyager. 2 or 300 less too.

Last edited by BlackSaiyan; 10-09-2007 at 03:53 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago