2pac Vs Rakim Whos THEE Greatest???

most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
81 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
49 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Whos THEE Greatest???
2pac 50 63.29%
Rakim 29 36.71%
Voters: 79. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 09-29-2007, 12:04 PM         #101
Bone Diddles  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AlexG1989 said:
you do know pac heard i gave you power and bite it to make me and my girlfriend right.

u do know Nas heard Bredas got a baby and Part time mutha and bit it to make Black Girl Lost...but does it matter??? no cuz they were all great songs
sure doesn't because theres a difference between taking a great idea and making an even better song out of your interpretations rather than just straight up biting other rappers' lines and saying its okay
 09-29-2007, 12:06 PM         #102
Bone Diddles  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KrayLay said:
That's not my defense in the first place. YOU asked me to find a bad verse. And if i did go diggin for a bad verse and found one, it wouldn't mean he's bad. put up a mind blowing verse by pac.
just one?

They say pus*y and paper is poetry power and pistols
Plottin on murderin motherfu*kers before they get you
Picturin pitiful punk n*ggaz coppin pleas
Puffin weed as I position myself to clock G's
My enemies scatter in suicidal situations
Never to witness the wicked sh*t that they was facin
Pockets is packed with presidents, pursue your riches
Evadin the playa hatin tricks, while hittin switches
bi*ches is bad-mouth, cause brawlin motherfu*kers is bold
But y'all some hoes, the game should be sewed
I'm sick of psychotic society somebody save me
Addicted to drama so even mama couldn't raise me
Even the preacher and all my teachers couldn't reach me
I run in the streets and puffin weed wit my peeps
I'm duckin the cop, I hit the weed as I'm clutchin my glock
n*ggaz is hot when I hit the block, what if I die tonight
 10 years ago '04        #103
305gangstamuzik 
space
space
$1,994 | Props total: 0 0
pac himself would tell u...Rakim
 09-29-2007, 12:10 PM         #104
Birdmane  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AlexG1989 said:
you do know pac heard i gave you power and bite it to make me and my girlfriend right.

u do know Nas heard Bredas got a baby and Part time mutha and bit it to make Black Girl Lost...but does it matter??? no cuz they were all great songs
thats speculation you don't know that for sure they are just songs with the same subject but one of pac friend said he heard i gave you power and decided to make me and my girlfriend.

ME AND MY GIRLFRIEND

Young Noble: He got that concept from Nas. Remember Nas did that song about the gun["I Gave You Power" from the 1996 album It Was Written]? 'Pac used to like that song.

but i was just referring my comments to oh boy that said nas bite pac so if that makes nas whack what does that make pac.
 09-29-2007, 12:13 PM         #105
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bone Diddles said:
just one?

They say pus*y and paper is poetry power and pistols
Plottin on murderin motherfu*kers before they get you
Picturin pitiful punk n*ggaz coppin pleas
Puffin weed as I position myself to clock G's
My enemies scatter in suicidal situations
Never to witness the wicked sh*t that they was facin
Pockets is packed with presidents, pursue your riches
Evadin the playa hatin tricks, while hittin switches
bi*ches is bad-mouth, cause brawlin motherfu*kers is bold
But y'all some hoes, the game should be sewed
I'm sick of psychotic society somebody save me
Addicted to drama so even mama couldn't raise me
Even the preacher and all my teachers couldn't reach me
I run in the streets and puffin weed wit my peeps
I'm duckin the cop, I hit the weed as I'm clutchin my glock
n*ggaz is hot when I hit the block, what if I die tonight

that was good not mind blowing imo.
 10 years ago '05        #106
En Sabah Nur 
space
space
$666 | Props total: 9 9
 DJ QUIK said:
at you comparing tupac to any lyricist let alone the most influencial emcee to ever do it. to compare pac to nas is a joke but rakim? this thread futher shows your ignorance and the ignorance of the youth man. who cant tell the diffrence between a emcee and a rapper.
:applause:

close thread.
 09-29-2007, 12:19 PM         #107
Victor $weet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yo, KrayLay, why are you always hating on 2Pac?

Go listen to "Still I Rise," "Unconditional Love," "White Manz World," "Krazy," "Lord Knows," "fu*k All Y'all," just to name a few songs that aren't as known publicly as the Dear Mamas and Keep Ya Head Ups....

Then maybe you'll get an idea of where these people are coming from whenever they say that they "feel" his music man.....Your problem is that you completely dismiss they're comments as if that means nothing, but the fact remains that rap music is and always will be an artform, the point of art is to intensify the moral consciousness of people and to initiate an emotional response.

So how is them saying they feel 2Pac is the best because they truly feel what he's saying more than any other rapper, or that they can relate to what he is saying, wrong in any way? Isn't that the purpose of the music? Please enlighten me on where you are coming from...
 09-29-2007, 12:28 PM         #108
Bone Diddles  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 305gangstamuzik said:
pac himself would tell u...Rakim
no he wouldnt

i heard an interview where pac actually said that he has mastered all of the older rappers abilities and styles and said that he could destroy them on record...
 09-29-2007, 12:29 PM         #109
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Victor $weet said:
Yo, KrayLay, why are you always hating on 2Pac?

Go listen to "Still I Rise," "Unconditional Love," "White Manz World," "Krazy," "Lord Knows," "fu*k All Y'all," just to name a few songs that aren't as known publicly as the Dear Mamas and Keep Ya Head Ups....

Then maybe you'll get an idea of where these people are coming from whenever they say that they "feel" his music man.....Your problem is that you completely dismiss they're comments as if that means nothing, but the fact remains that rap music is and always will be an artform, the point of art is to intensify the moral consciousness of people and to initiate an emotional response.

So how is them saying they feel 2Pac is the best because they truly feel what he's saying more than any other rapper, or that they can relate to what he is saying, wrong in any way? Isn't that the purpose of the music? Please enlighten me on where you are coming from...
I've explained my self so many fu*king times. I've never said I've hated pac or said he was wack, just ridiculously overrated.

Most people's favorite rapper is pac, and because of that they say he's th best, which is a biased comment. There is a big difference b/t favorite and best, but people don't realize that. My favorite rapper is Krayzie Bone, but he's probably a top 50 rapper at best. Go ask other bone fans, they'll say he's top 10. A big majority of people whose fav. rapper is not pac don't think he's the goat.
 09-29-2007, 12:30 PM         #110
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bone Diddles said:
no he wouldnt

i heard an interview where pac actually said that he has mastered all of the older rappers abilities and styles and said that he could destroy them on record...
lmao.....
 09-29-2007, 12:34 PM         #111
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wut about the 2nd and third verses off of Young n*ggaz??? or the first verse off of the track Still I Rise
 09-29-2007, 12:38 PM         #112
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"Most people's favorite rapper is pac, and because of that they say he's th best, which is a biased comment. There is a big difference b/t favorite and best, but people don't realize that. My favorite rapper is Krayzie Bone, but he's probably a top 50 rapper at best. Go ask other bone fans, they'll say he's top 10. A big majority of people whose fav. rapper is not pac don't think he's the goat."

u aint makin no sence..... u talkin like u know for a FACT that rakim is the greatest of all time.....i think rakim is ur fav rapper and not krazie or else u wouldnt reallly be stickin up for him so hard......
 09-29-2007, 12:40 PM         #113
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AlexG1989 said:
"Most people's favorite rapper is pac, and because of that they say he's th best, which is a biased comment. There is a big difference b/t favorite and best, but people don't realize that. My favorite rapper is Krayzie Bone, but he's probably a top 50 rapper at best. Go ask other bone fans, they'll say he's top 10. A big majority of people whose fav. rapper is not pac don't think he's the goat."

u aint makin no sence..... u talkin like u know for a FACT that rakim is the greatest of all time.....i think rakim is ur fav rapper and not krazie or else u wouldnt reallly be stickin up for him so hard......
Why would I lie, c'mon man grow up. Rakim is probably my 4th favorite. I just call it how I see it.

I'll be honest though, when I see someone knocking KB, I'll be like chill, thats my homie. But at the same time, if someone calls him a top 10, i'll call him out.

Last edited by KrayLay; 09-29-2007 at 12:49 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #114
305gangstamuzik 
space
space
$1,994 | Props total: 0 0
 Bone Diddles said:
no he wouldnt

rakim would eat him up
 09-29-2007, 12:47 PM         #115
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ok thats how YOU c it..... other ppl may not c it the same way....but its all opinion man..if somebody wants to say rakim is the greatest to HIM...thats fine but when they start a discussion where there sayin Rakim is for a fact the greatest of all time...it gets irritating....
 09-29-2007, 12:51 PM         #116
Domic462  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJ QUIK said:
the simple minded out weight the intellects by light years as far as society so what does that mean? pac was simple as sh*t and easy to understand thats why he touched people you could be a middle school drop out and understand what he was talking bout. you can have a masters from an ivy league school and not sh*t canibus is spittin so whats your point or logic?
Whats the point of making music if no one can understand you? What is the point of preaching the keys to bettering a people if no one understands you, like Pac said he wasn't trying to get it twisted he wanted his people to know the straight truth like Malco, like Martin, like many other greats they didn't beat around the bush hidding behind their words, he stood in frong of them unlike Nas.
 09-29-2007, 12:51 PM         #117
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
matter of fact....name me a rakim song that u can really feel...not just musically but on a personal level..thats deep..that u can b listenin to 40 years from now and still luv it

for me it would be Dear Mama by 2pac
 09-29-2007, 12:57 PM         #118
Domic462  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KrayLay said:
Stats are a the main thing in sports. Rating someone on how many championships they won is retarted.
...Yet we still consider Jordan the greatest on championships, and last second shots alone even though their are players out their with better stats.
 09-29-2007, 12:59 PM         #119
Domic462  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AlexG1989 said:
matter of fact....name me a rakim song that u can really feel...not just musically but on a personal level..thats deep..that u can b listenin to 40 years from now and still luv it

*lets everyone thing a second

Now we can close thread.
 09-29-2007, 01:02 PM         #120
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AlexG1989 said:

did this FOOL just ask me to name a deep rakim song?

in the ghetto, teach the children, casulities of war, pass the hand grenade. Don't sweat the technique about 4 songs on the persian gulf war
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
154 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
53 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now