2pac Vs Rakim Whos THEE Greatest???

most viewed right now
 149
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
108 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 95
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
23 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 62
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
31 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 60
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
51 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Whos THEE Greatest???
2pac 50 63.29%
Rakim 29 36.71%
Voters: 79. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 09-28-2007, 11:17 PM         #41
deejay_emcee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KrayLay said:
If you like that better than listen to it...

I'm just saying in order to be the best rapper of all time, you have to be lyrical,
and pac really wasn't. Pac is very, very, overrated. i'm not saying he sucked, but he's not a top notch, kool grap, rakim, common, nas, type of mc.
SAYS WHO!?

YOU!

I GUESS IF THATS HOW U WANNA JUDGE IT THAN THATS UR THING MAN.

pac had his lyrical moments, but choose to keep it real cause THATS HOW U REACHED OUT TO THE LISTENERS and THATS WHERE THE MONEY IS AT.

its proven that SUPERB LYRICAL ABILITY Doesnt Sell!

and u want some lyrical sh*t, well here u go from Pac:

'give me my money in stacks and lace my bi*ches, with dime figures"
"real n*ggas fingers on nickle play they 9 triggers"

now dissect that for what it is!
 09-28-2007, 11:18 PM         #42
Simply Jay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deejay_emcee said:
Touching the ppl wit lyrics >> Having complex rhyming ability...

The point of music is to send a message, and say something, nobody did that better than tupac!

Hiphop was not given to us for nerdy rappers (not that im saying Rakim or Nas are) to try to wow nerdy listeners with complexs multi-syllable metaphors and talk about how good they can rap.

yes thats impressive, but not as meaningful.

its like the classic saying goes, ''sometimes the best answer, is the simplest one"


THATS THE TRUEST POST EVER WROTS SOOOOO

==CLOSE THIS THREAD==

LET ME HANDCLAP MYSELF:applause::applause::applause::applause:
Nas or Rakim never had the chance to spread their message to a broader audience like Pac did. If you want to be critical of Pac's career, then you can say that everything he preached was contradicted by his actions outside of the studio. Pac demanded attention, whether it was good marketing or not is up for interpretation, but if want to talk influence and role-model factor, then Rakim has Pac beat.
 09-28-2007, 11:18 PM         #43
deejay_emcee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 `ˇ.¤KINGGS¤.ˇ´ said:
You are not right

You don't know sh*t about Hip-Hop if you think Pac is goat. You let other people think for you. Its some sad a.ss sh*t when your a follower. You could k!ll my whole family and I would still be 10x the person you wish to be.
fu*k u.

im right ur wrong.

ur now talking to a wall.:banghead:

:finger:

 09-28-2007, 11:22 PM         #44
Simply Jay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AlexG1989 said:
damn.... kralay u seem to think the best rappers HAVE to be some super lyricsistswith like 10 rhymin words in 1 bar...... i admit that is tight to listen to and all but id rather listen to a track like dear mama.....( it aint lyrical, its just real u know) over a track like Nas's Halftime wich is lyrical and clever and all that
Rakim wasn't as complex as people put him out to be. He was a "well spoken" emcee, but nothing compared to the ridiculous style of Canibus, Chino XL, or rappers like that who overdue the lyricist persona - not that they are dope in their own respective styles.
 09-28-2007, 11:23 PM         #45
deejay_emcee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Simply Jay said:
Nas or Rakim never had the chance to spread their message to a broader audience like Pac did. If you want to be critical of Pac's career, then you can say that everything he preached was contradicted by his actions outside of the studio. Pac demanded attention, whether it was good marketing or not is up for interpretation, but if want to talk influence and role-model factor, then Rakim has Pac beat.
fu*k all that.
it was Pac's trouble with the law that made him MORE REAL.
he challenged the system with his beliefs and wasnt a role model.

u gotta understand the way the man grew up, where were his role models!??
growing up on the streets with a crack addicted mother and not father with no money, and always being hungry and sh*t!

u gotta understand.

anyone thats ever lived the poverty stricken life will know and understand that Pac represented the struggle of those who were also feeling suicidal, also feeling exaggerately thuggish, and just wanted to be famous ALL AT THE SAME TIME!

It was his contradiction and unstable mindset that added to his genious.
 09-28-2007, 11:25 PM         #46
deejay_emcee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 `ˇ.¤KINGGS¤.ˇ´ said:
Ol Dirty Bastard had a big impact on the game, I don't see him in any top 5's

Impact<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<skill

How fu*king retarded are you to think impact is a important factor. What a fu*king sheep.
ok then impact means nothing.
we will judge every rappers greatness based on the lyrical ability.

in that case we better throw cannibus in the top 3!



there u go fam. i just hand fed u ur own words, WITH TENDER CARE!
 10 years ago '06        #47
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
As for as lyrically...I know Rakim is better than Pac know doubt, But Pac dun touched so many people around the world. Influence dont mean you the best on the mic, of course, but n*ggas cant deny Pac had a big influence (if thats the correct word). Sayin Pac aint the most influential artist is simple an attempt to hate. I used to hate on Pac since I liked Biggie so much, then I listened to Pac and understood why peopled liked him so much.

Like I typed before, Pac IS the most influential rapper but that doesnt mean he's the best...just my opinion. But he in my top.
 09-28-2007, 11:29 PM         #48
Simply Jay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deejay_emcee said:
fu*k all that.
it was Pac's trouble with the law that made him MORE REAL.
he challenged the system with his beliefs and wasnt a role model.

u gotta understand the way the man grew up, where were his role models!??
growing up on the streets with a crack addicted mother and not father with no money, and always being hungry and sh*t!

u gotta understand.

anyone thats ever lived the poverty stricken life will know and understand that Pac represented the struggle of those who were also feeling suicidal, also feeling exaggerately thuggish, and just wanted to be famous ALL AT THE SAME TIME!

It was his contradiction and unstable mindset that added to his genious.
Pac was never arrested until he had his first music video out....

I understand that Pac was real, but let's be honest here; most rapper grew up in a similar lifestyle as he did. I think Pac is a great rapper, one of the best ever, however, he didn't have the influence Rakim had. Rakim influenced artists like Chuck D, Whodini, etc. that Pac was influenced by.


Last edited by Simply Jay; 09-28-2007 at 11:32 PM..
 09-28-2007, 11:31 PM         #49
Simply Jay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Realness said:
As for as lyrically...I know Rakim is better than Pac know doubt, But Pac dun touched so many people around the world. Influence dont mean you the best on the mic, of course, but n*ggas cant deny Pac had a big influence (if thats the correct word). Sayin Pac aint the most influential artist is simple an attempt to hate. I used to hate on Pac since I liked Biggie so much, then I listened to Pac and understood why peopled liked him so much.

Like I typed before, Pac IS the most influential rapper but that doesnt mean he's the best...just my opinion. But he in my top.
Pac touched fans on a level that no emcee has EVER, but he didn't have a huge influence in hip hop. His legacy didn't contribute to a new breed of rappers like Rakim's did, I think that's the influence people are talking about.
 09-28-2007, 11:32 PM         #50
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i still dont understand why ppl wann deny tuapc the goat award juss cuz he wasnt lyrical...thats stupid... hip hop aint all about lyricism...hip hop is sht u can bump at a party and dance to in a club...hip hop is sh*t to make u think.... 2pac had all that now just cuz he wasnt lyrical ppl wanna hate???
 09-28-2007, 11:33 PM         #51
`ˇ.¤KINGGS¤.ˇ´  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deejay_emcee said:
ok then impact means nothing.
we will judge every rappers greatness based on the lyrical ability.

in that case we better throw cannibus in the top 3!



there u go fam. i just hand fed u ur own words, WITH TENDER CARE!
skills don't always have to do with lyrics dude. Not to mention how completely retarded you sound...pac stans get no love in these parts :rolleyes:
 09-28-2007, 11:35 PM         #52
deejay_emcee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Simply Jay said:
Pac was never arrested until he had his first music video out....

I understand that Pac was real, but let's be honest here; most rapper grew up in a similar lifestyle as he did. I think Pac is a great rapper, one of the best ever, however, he didn't have the influence Rakim had. Rakim influenced artists like Chuck D, Houdini, etc. that Pac was influenced by.
ya i know that.
Tupac never got arrested until AFTER HE BECAME FAMOUS.
but doesnt that tell you the price fame brings!?
ya actually, he is just a performing arts student who could rap and act.
actually a good guy.
but was smart enought to engulf into this rap game and BECOME THE THUG THAT HE WAS!
may not have been all true, but his 'heartfelt' tracks like Dear Mama, So Many Tears, Keep Ya Head Up, If My Homie Calls were true.

but regardless both were okay

Tupac even admitted he was inspired by RAKIM (lyrically) and ICE CUBE (content-wise)

its close, im not downing Rakim because him and the D.O.C. were completely flooring me with they style.

i like both alot so im not all the way on one side ya know.

but just something that can be argued about for hours...and im about to go party so ya know...
 09-28-2007, 11:35 PM         #53
deejay_emcee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 `ˇ.¤KINGGS¤.ˇ´ said:
skills don't always have to do with lyrics dude. Not to mention how completely retarded you sound...pac stans get no love in these parts :rolleyes:
:sleepy:
 10 years ago '07        #54
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418
space
avatar space
space
$18,659 | Props total: 4410 4410
LUPE >>> 2pac
 09-28-2007, 11:58 PM         #55
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
daz blasphemy
 09-29-2007, 12:17 AM         #56
DJ QUIK  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 irhabi007 said:
LUPE >>> 2pac
so true and its not even close:applause::applause:
 09-29-2007, 07:36 AM         #57
..Ruthless..  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rakim was levels ahead of anyone in his time and he has made some of the most influential rappers you like today nas, pac, biggie, jay...

Rakim mastered what an emcee is and most other rappers learnt of him..
 09-29-2007, 10:50 AM         #58
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deejay_emcee said:
SAYS WHO!?

YOU!

I GUESS IF THATS HOW U WANNA JUDGE IT THAN THATS UR THING MAN.

pac had his lyrical moments, but choose to keep it real cause THATS HOW U REACHED OUT TO THE LISTENERS and THATS WHERE THE MONEY IS AT.

its proven that SUPERB LYRICAL ABILITY Doesnt Sell!

and u want some lyrical sh*t, well here u go from Pac:

'give me my money in stacks and lace my bi*ches, with dime figures"
"real n*ggas fingers on nickle play they 9 triggers"

now dissect that for what it is!
ok one line. wow.. fu*king idiot. but yeah, impact>skill. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
 09-29-2007, 10:53 AM         #59
Bone Diddles  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KrayLay said:
I have problem with people blindly saying pac is the goat.
what about the people that say hes the goat and still listen to him everyday.....u have a problem with that too???


and arent u the same dude that said u didnt relate to 2pac's music even tho u got bone thugs in ur avatar
 09-29-2007, 10:55 AM         #60
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pac stans have got to be worse than any other fans. He was "real" he got arrested, etc, etc. I don't give a fu*k about what he did with his life. That has nothing to do with his rapping abilities.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 31
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 26
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 24
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
63 comments
24 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 18
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 12
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 11
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 8
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy