2pac Vs Rakim Whos THEE Greatest???

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
180 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
88 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Whos THEE Greatest???
2pac 50 63.29%
Rakim 29 36.71%
Voters: 79. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 09-28-2007, 10:51 PM         #21
DJ QUIK  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 REAL_NESS said:
Itd probably make sense if you gave a well thought out reason why Rakim is better first :rolleyes:

its all opinion, n*ggas are talking like Pac is garbage

i never said that i loved pac but im real. and he is the most overratted music figure ever outside of elvis. and to put in him the category with emcees just shows you dont even know the diffrence between hip hop and rap let alone a emcee and a rapper. you probably consider the sh*t the comes out the south as just ''bad hip hop'' when its not even hip hop period its terrible rap.
 09-28-2007, 10:55 PM         #22
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJ QUIK said:
[/SIZE]
i never said that i loved pac but im real. and he is the most overratted music figure ever outside of elvis. and to put in him the category with emcees just shows you dont even know the diffrence between hip hop and rap let alone a emcee and a rapper. you probably consider the sh*t the comes out the south as just ''bad hip hop'' when its not even hip hop period its terrible rap.
you don't know me, don't even try to make generalizations about the type of music I like :rolleyes:
 09-28-2007, 10:55 PM         #23
deejay_emcee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Touching the ppl wit lyrics >> Having complex rhyming ability...

The point of music is to send a message, and say something, nobody did that better than tupac!

Hiphop was not given to us for nerdy rappers (not that im saying Rakim or Nas are) to try to wow nerdy listeners with complexs multi-syllable metaphors and talk about how good they can rap.

yes thats impressive, but not as meaningful.

its like the classic saying goes, ''sometimes the best answer, is the simplest one"

THATS THE TRUEST POST EVER WROTS SOOOOO

==CLOSE THIS THREAD==

LET ME HANDCLAP MYSELF:applause::applause::applause::applause:
 09-28-2007, 10:56 PM         #24
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 REAL_NESS said:
Itd probably make sense if you gave a well thought out reason why Rakim is better first :rolleyes:

its all opinion, n*ggas are talking like Pac is garbage
I have plenty of times..

Rakim is the greatest lyricist ever...EVER. Complex meds and similes, crazy imagery, and was consistent.

His catalogue is not to be fu*ked with. Paid in full, don't sweat the technique, let the rythym hit em, and follow the leader. ALL CLASSIC

His flow was smooth and could ride the beat like a mother fu*ker. Pac's as choppy.

Pac's lyrics are also no where near Ra's as well. Anyway you look at Rakim>anyone.
 09-28-2007, 10:58 PM         #25
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deejay_emcee said:

The point of music is to send a message, and say something, nobody did that better than tupac!

Hiphop was not given to us for nerdy rappers (not that im saying Rakim or Nas are) to try to wow nerdy listeners with complexs multi-syllable metaphors and talk about how good they can rap.

its like the classic saying goes, ''sometimes the best answer, is the simplest one"

==CLOSE THIS THREAD==

fu*k off you souless copy cat.
 09-28-2007, 10:58 PM         #26
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KrayLay said:
I have plenty of times..

Rakim is the greatest lyricist ever...EVER. Complex meds and similes, crazy imagery, and was consistent.

His catalogue is not to be fu*ked with. Paid in full, don't sweat the technique, let the rythym hit em, and follow the leader. ALL CLASSIC

His flow was smooth and could ride the beat like a mother fu*ker. Pac's as choppy.

Pac's lyrics are also no where near Ra's as well. Anyway you look at Rakim>anyone.
Thats cool, thats YOUR opinion though, some people on boxden have a problem with stating their opinion as fact
 09-28-2007, 10:59 PM         #27
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deejay_emcee said:

==CLOSE THIS THREAD==

uh no. he touched so many people because he was so popular. then when he died, he became even bigger. when he was alive, he was not considered an amazing rapper. or big for that matter
 09-28-2007, 10:59 PM         #28
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn...alot of pac hate in here....fu*kin haters
 09-28-2007, 11:00 PM         #29
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 REAL_NESS said:
Thats cool, thats YOUR opinion though, some people on boxden have a problem with stating their opinion as fact
I have problem with people blindly saying pac is the goat.
 09-28-2007, 11:01 PM         #30
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pac is not GOAT to me but hes in my top 5
 09-28-2007, 11:04 PM         #31
deejay_emcee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 `·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ said:
fu*k off you souless copy cat.
and who the fu*k are you son!?

how about i insult you and your family, im gonna shove my c*ck down ur moms throat, then take a sh*t in all the caskets of all your dead female relatives, then if u have a daughter, r*pe her with deep passion!

or i could just say

THAT UR MAD CAUSE I SPOKE SOME TRUTH..

IM RIGHT...AND...UR WRONG

PERIOD (.)
 09-28-2007, 11:04 PM         #32
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn.... kralay u seem to think the best rappers HAVE to be some super lyricsistswith like 10 rhymin words in 1 bar...... i admit that is tight to listen to and all but id rather listen to a track like dear mama.....( it aint lyrical, its just real u know) over a track like Nas's Halftime wich is lyrical and clever and all that
 09-28-2007, 11:05 PM         #33
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"how about i insult you and your family, im gonna shove my c*ck down ur moms throat, then take a sh*t in all the caskets of all your dead female relatives, then if u have a daughter, r*pe her with deep passion!"

ur a white boy arent u???
 09-28-2007, 11:08 PM         #34
deejay_emcee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KrayLay said:
I have problem with people blindly saying pac is the goat.
I WOULDNT SAY BLINDLY FAM.

I DONT KNOW ABOUT ALL THESE OTHER CATS, BUT AS FAR AS ME, EVERYTIME I THINK TO MYSELF WHO IS THE GOAT.

EVERYTIME, I COME UP WITH TUPAC. AND ITS ALWAYS WELL THOUGHT OUT, HIS '''IMPACT''' WAS GREATER THAN NONE OTHER. NOT LYRICALY ABILITY, OR TECHNICALITIES OF RAPPING SKILLS...''IMPACT''

AND IMPACT >> ANY OTHER ATTRIBUTE USED TO DETERMINE THE G.O.A.T.

MY TOP 5

1. 2 PAC
2. RAKIM
3. JAY-Z
4. EMINEM
5. NAS
 09-28-2007, 11:09 PM         #35
deejay_emcee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AlexG1989 said:
"how about i insult you and your family, im gonna shove my c*ck down ur moms throat, then take a sh*t in all the caskets of all your dead female relatives, then if u have a daughter, r*pe her with deep passion!"

ur a white boy arent u???

NAH MAN!

WAS I OUT OF LINE OR WAT!?
 09-28-2007, 11:10 PM         #36
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AlexG1989 said:
damn.... kralay u seem to think the best rappers HAVE to be some super lyricsistswith like 10 rhymin words in 1 bar...... i admit that is tight to listen to and all but id rather listen to a track like dear mama.....( it aint lyrical, its just real u know) over a track like Nas's Halftime wich is lyrical and clever and all that
If you like that better than listen to it...

I'm just saying in order to be the best rapper of all time, you have to be lyrical, and pac really wasn't. Pac is very, very, overrated. i'm not saying he sucked, but he's not a top notch, kool grap, rakim, common, nas, type of mc.
 09-28-2007, 11:11 PM         #37
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deejay_emcee said:
and who the fu*k are you son!?

how about i insult you and your family, im gonna shove my c*ck down ur moms throat, then take a sh*t in all the caskets of all your dead female relatives, then if u have a daughter, r*pe her with deep passion!

or i could just say

THAT UR MAD CAUSE I SPOKE SOME TRUTH..

IM RIGHT...AND...UR WRONG

PERIOD (.)
You are not right

You don't know sh*t about Hip-Hop if you think Pac is goat. You let other people think for you. Its some sad a.ss sh*t when your a follower. You could k!ll my whole family and I would still be 10x the person you wish to be.
 09-28-2007, 11:13 PM         #38
deejay_emcee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AlexG1989 said:
:applause:

EXACTLY!

PPL NEED TO GET OVER THEMSELVES OVERRATING THE 'LYRICAL MASTER' sh*t...

ITS ABOUT REALNESS ABOVE ALL ELSE, THE REST OF IT IS PURELY COSMETIC.

IM A FAN OF BOTH,

BUT I TOO WOULD CHOOSE

DEAR MAMA >> HALFTIME
 09-28-2007, 11:13 PM         #39
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deejay_emcee said:
I WOULDNT SAY BLINDLY FAM.

I DONT KNOW ABOUT ALL THESE OTHER CATS, BUT AS FAR AS ME, EVERYTIME I THINK TO MYSELF WHO IS THE GOAT.

EVERYTIME, I COME UP WITH TUPAC. AND ITS ALWAYS WELL THOUGHT OUT, HIS '''IMPACT''' WAS GREATER THAN NONE OTHER. NOT LYRICALY ABILITY, OR TECHNICALITIES OF RAPPING SKILLS...''IMPACT''

AND IMPACT >> ANY OTHER ATTRIBUTE USED TO DETERMINE THE G.O.A.T.

MY TOP 5

1. 2 PAC
2. RAKIM
3. JAY-Z
4. EMINEM
5. NAS
impact is not >>>> than anything. And it was death that impacted more than anything....
 09-28-2007, 11:17 PM         #40
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ol Dirty Bastard had a big impact on the game, I don't see him in any top 5's

Impact<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<skill

How fu*king retarded are you to think impact is a important factor. What a fu*king sheep.
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
188 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
61 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy