2pac Vs Rakim Whos THEE Greatest???

most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
81 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
49 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Whos THEE Greatest???
2pac 50 63.29%
Rakim 29 36.71%
Voters: 79. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 09-29-2007, 11:32 PM         #181
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sunn4511 said:
yes i compared rakim to 50cent because they are just a phase in hiphop. once the buzz is gone so will their existence be. you dont really have to be old to appreciate good music. i know all these new n*ggaz and n*ggazz from the south makes horrible music but 2pac,nas,scarface,ice cube r much better than rakim.

a phase.........
 09-29-2007, 11:37 PM         #182
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sunn4511 said:
still waiting for u to name 5 joints by rakim that people will listen to today?
Today? Nothing becuase hip hop has tons of fans like you
 10 years ago '04        #183
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
 sunn4511 said:
i dont see nobody bumping rakim i nthe car wash, in the club, in school campus or even anywhere. where did all these love for a nobody come from. pac joint are all classic, 20 years from n*ggaz gonna still be playing it in their car. rakim is somewhere wishing he was 2pac.i had follow the leader and paid in full and it was trash that n*gga reminds me of canibus. yes he is a lyricist but cant make any great songs. nas is great but nas weakness is that he is too boring.
The masses bumping your music in their whip and at the clubs makes you great? I'm not hating on Pac, but @ the logic some of you blinded cats use
 09-29-2007, 11:49 PM         #184
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jamaro85 said:
The masses bumping your music in their whip and at the clubs makes you great? I'm not hating on Pac, but @ the logic some of you blinded cats use
don't forget the carwash.
 09-29-2007, 11:50 PM         #185
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sunn4511 said:
you crazy, what do u mean fans like me. i dont even like today hiphop music. i listen to mostly old joints and rakim aint one of em. i rather listen to ice cube all day than rakim. still waiting for 5 rakim joints to bump to and i name 5 pac joints, 5 scarface joint, 5 cube song, even 5 nas song and they all sh*t on rakim joint. i take eric sermon and methodman over rakim.
I can name 34 songs, what difference will it make, you just gonna say it sucks.
 09-29-2007, 11:57 PM         #186
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sunn4511 said:
thats where u r wrong. not gonna say it song but it is not an uplifting music. it is mainly one dimensional and it shows no versality. thats the same thign i criticize these new heads for.
its not an uplifting music.... go to school

yeah, because pac was all about being positive. he never mentioned materialistic sh*t that rappers get ridiculed about.:rolleyes:

This why i say I hate pac fans...
 09-30-2007, 12:09 AM         #187
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"yeah, because pac was all about being positive. he never mentioned materialistic sh*t that rappers get ridiculed about.

This why i say I hate pac fans..."

rappin about whats popular is a good way to get ur real message out..if u have one......tupac knew that..why do u think he did club songs like temptations...he even schooled biggie on that.....if u notice most of pac albums only got about one or 1 club tracks the rest is real sh*t
 09-30-2007, 10:16 PM         #188
Simply Jay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AlexG1989 said:
"The GOAT is based on opinion, but most people who say pac is are usually biased. Ever notice when people say he's the best, they never mention that he was a great lyricist, or had an amazing flow, with nice delievery. They make up irrelevant bullsh*t like him being a true thug, who influenced rappers and touched fans...."

i think u juss like to go against the grain to feel special but wuteva dude.....

2pac did have an amazing flow....with nice delivery....he didnt have to b a great lyricist as long as he reached the masses....and thats what he did.... big l was a great lyricist but nobody even knows about him...big pun was one of the greatest lyricist i ever heard but he's hardly talked about...rakim is rarely talked about.....why??? because they NEVER made the impact tupac made.... Rakim probably did influence a sh*t load of rappers we like today ok...2pac, nas, biggie were influenced by rakim but they took that...and took it to a whole other lever....
50 Cent has sold 17 million albums, he touched more, he's the greatest rapper ever. See the point he's trying to make.

FYI, this argument is about 2pac so the people saying "You've never listened to Pac like that" shouldn't even post because ALL hip hop fans have listened to enough Pac to establish an opinion of his music.
 09-30-2007, 10:17 PM         #189
Simply Jay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheIncomparable said:
Rakim is like 40 and he dresses, and talks like he's a troubled teen. Dude never showed growth, besides the fact that he can rhyme his a.ss off like none other. But is that all that counts when it comes to determining the greatest? Get the fu*k out of here. Pac made songs for whatever mood you was in. He definitely showed growth as an artist and it showed, with his best work being Makaveli. The sh*t I dont understand is the fact that, people talk so negatively about the dude and claim an artist, say nas, as someone who is above and beyond Pac. But sit nas down and ask him who is the greatest of all time, and without a doubt his a.ss will say Pac.
Nas has mentioned Rakim as his favorite rapper how many times?
 09-30-2007, 10:39 PM         #190
Victor $weet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Simply Jay said:
50 Cent has sold 17 million albums, he touched more, he's the greatest rapper ever. See the point he's trying to make.

FYI, this argument is about 2pac so the people saying "You've never listened to Pac like that" shouldn't even post because ALL hip hop fans have listened to enough Pac to establish an opinion of his music.
A lot of people haven't listened to a lot of his sh*t man....especially these younger kids that are still teenagers that weren't around during 2Pac's reign on top, you know? They never felt the full impact, and those that say 2Pac wasn't considered great before he died, simply just don't know what they are talking about. I'm not saying that sales mean everything, because that's false, especially on today's standards, which are way different from 1996....but the man sold 6 million records of All Eyez On Me before he even died, so apparently a lot of people thought highly of his music. I don't know very many musicians period, let alone rappers, who have accomplished such an achievement in less than a year. Me Against The World was #1 on the charts for awhile & broke a few billboard records for solo rap artist also, so it's not like 2Pac was just some average rapper before his death.

Just because everyone has heard, "California Love," "Dear Mama," "Keep Ya Head Up," "How Do U Want It," "Brenda's Got A Baby," "I Get Around" and "Changes" doesn't mean they have a proper judgement on 2Pac's music, at all. Now don't get it twisted I'm not referring to you or anyone specifically in this particular thread as having that kind of view on his sh*t, but unfortunately there are a lot of people, including people I know personally who hadn't heard a lot of the 2Pac songs that I listen to.....

And lastly, and definately worst of all, "Loyal To The Game," "Nu-Mixx Klazzics," "Better Dayz," and "Pac's Life" do not count as legitimate 2Pac albums.

Last edited by Victor $weet; 09-30-2007 at 10:43 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #191
TheDirector217 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,462 | Props total: 403 403
Rakim. This is thread is blasphemy. Shut this sh*t down, now PLEASE.

I take seven MCs & put em in a line/
Take seven more that think they can rhyme/
let seven more go before I go for mine/
That's 21 MCs ate up at the same time.

He said that sh*t in '86. Come on, fam. Really . . . . Shut this thread down.
 09-30-2007, 11:17 PM         #192
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I take seven MCs & put em in a line/
Take seven more that think they can rhyme/
let seven more go before I go for mine/
That's 21 MCs ate up at the same time.

He said that sh*t in '86. Come on, fam. Really . . . . Shut this thread down.

SOOO???? dat one line and a couple other punchlines dont make him the greatest EVER

Big L said "ask beavis i get nuthin butthead...do dat make him the greatest???
 10-01-2007, 12:11 AM         #193
wilsonbyron  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this thread is insulting and meaningless. to compare a n*gga thats dead and a n*gga that aint. rakim was more lyrical than pac by far. hell, biggie was more lyrical than pac. but every pac fan (including myself) can tell you that. so whats the point of repeating the same sh*t that pac fans already know. REAL Pac fans. i dont give a fu*k what none of you fu*ks say, i'd listen to pac before i listen to any of those east coast mothafu*kas, and i dont care how much hate i get for saying that
 10-01-2007, 12:16 AM         #194
wilsonbyron  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
everybody know that pac was the most influential rapper ever. so the question really is who is the best lyrically.
 10-01-2007, 12:26 AM         #195
deejay_emcee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
words words words

words cant determine sh*t.
but in a sense the poll can.

peep it.

then them stiffs who hate on pac can get the stick out they a.ss!
and go roast marshmellows with the same stick...
 10-01-2007, 01:38 AM         #196
Simply Jay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Victor $weet said:
A lot of people haven't listened to a lot of his sh*t man....especially these younger kids that are still teenagers that weren't around during 2Pac's reign on top, you know? They never felt the full impact, and those that say 2Pac wasn't considered great before he died, simply just don't know what they are talking about. I'm not saying that sales mean everything, because that's false, especially on today's standards, which are way different from 1996....but the man sold 6 million records of All Eyez On Me before he even died, so apparently a lot of people thought highly of his music. I don't know very many musicians period, let alone rappers, who have accomplished such an achievement in less than a year. Me Against The World was #1 on the charts for awhile & broke a few billboard records for solo rap artist also, so it's not like 2Pac was just some average rapper before his death.

Just because everyone has heard, "California Love," "Dear Mama," "Keep Ya Head Up," "How Do U Want It," "Brenda's Got A Baby," "I Get Around" and "Changes" doesn't mean they have a proper judgement on 2Pac's music, at all. Now don't get it twisted I'm not referring to you or anyone specifically in this particular thread as having that kind of view on his sh*t, but unfortunately there are a lot of people, including people I know personally who hadn't heard a lot of the 2Pac songs that I listen to.....

And lastly, and definately worst of all, "Loyal To The Game," "Nu-Mixx Klazzics," "Better Dayz," and "Pac's Life" do not count as legitimate 2Pac albums.
I'm only 18 so I missed out on experiencing the whole vibe of the 90s era hip hop, but I've had enough sense and respect to thoroughly listen to everything that was released in that decade - classics, mainstream albums, and underground albums - including a lot of 2pac's material. He's one of my favorite rappers, not because I related to his "thug" image but I connected with his more personal problems he rapped about, so I have a better understanding than most do about his music and others. However, based on talent - the all around package that makes someone the GOAT - I don't consider 2pac to be that. He's in the upper half of my top 10 all time though.

As for his post-death albums: they disrespect his legacy. Unless the records were handed to the producers, the way Pac arranged them, then nobody should touch his music without the consent of his mother who has done a horrible job with protecting his masters.
 10 years ago '04        #197
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
space
$11,219 | Props total: 2217 2217
Tupac honestly said so many lines that made me step back and really think about stuff...like deep stuff...one example is "only thing i fear in death is reincarnation"....dawg that sh*t was deep on so many levels....yet simple at the same time....Rakim is rediculous wit the flow and metaphors and similies.....In my opinion Pac is the greatest ever...but thats just my opinion and i wouldn't knock anyone for saying Rakim was the best either....
 10-01-2007, 03:13 AM         #198
kaperocka1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
neither nas is the way better
 10-01-2007, 11:00 AM         #199
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I hate to break it to you but I did this at the top of the year already

Last edited by -Scar-; 10-01-2007 at 11:01 AM..
 10 years ago '06        #200
beanbryant24 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,696 | Props total: 0 0
 AK1 said:
fu*k this.
Rakim and 2Pac are 2 amazing rappers.. and great rappers.. but

Big L in my opinion is the greatest.

canibus> big L
Home