Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
55 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
151 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
196 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-27-2007, 07:00 PM         #101
Classefied  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ps:

he couldnt be husslin here 2 ??

dumb n*gga

09-27-2007, 09:44 PM         #102
Nerd_Rich  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Classefied said:
thread starter... you a dumb n*gga 4real..

when was this sh*t ??1989 ??
n*gga was like 18/19 years old.. making videoclips in the 80's getting paper

+ the hairstyle etc.. was THA style at that point..

why couldnt he be husslin at that time..
he was husslin making that video... getting paper..

Stupid n*gga

plus he k!llED that verse..

yall n*ggaz crying cause most REAL n*ggaz saying Jay = GOAT

ahhhhhhhh U MAD???

^^^^.................. ..
 10 years ago '04        #103
jeehtoven 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,645 | Props total: 470 470
wow...they were really on some nation of islam sh*t...

5 percenters were really big in hip-hop at the time...they could never work because they were never true to their game...that's probably why jay-z moved on
 09-28-2007, 11:47 AM         #104
Chrome  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Classefied said:

Stupid n*gga

ahhhhhhhh U MAD???
I see a Jay-z fan is emotional. What's wrong n*gga? You mad? It don't matter Jay-z wasn't a baby so there's no excuse n*gga was a grown man and he always claimed he was a hard hustler n*gga quit gettin mad cause I exposed his a.ss yeeee diggg
 09-28-2007, 11:48 AM         #105
Chrome  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nerd_Rich said:
^^^^.................. ..
Quit spammin my thread you f*g bag
 09-28-2007, 12:04 PM         #106
Lt. Dan  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What most of you who are hating on Jay here don't realize (you're probably too young) is that THIS is what hip-hop WAS back in the late 80's/early 90's. Although there was "gangsta rap" like NWA, Ice-T & the Geto Boys, most east coast hip-hop was just like this: fun, fast-tempo music with Gumby cuts and bright clothes. Kane, Tribe, LONS, Fresh Prince, Kwame, Black Sheep, etc. all dressed the same and made similar music - it was the style and the norm for the period. Relax on this "fake gangster" sh*t, there are plenty of people who can vouch for Jay's street legacy.

But the real question (to me) is: who cares if a rapper is "real" or not when the music is dope??? Especially with someone who boasts a catalog like Jigga, why does it even matter how much is fact or fiction? All I really care about is the finished product...
 09-28-2007, 12:07 PM         #107
Chrome  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^Funny I didn't see LL Cool J act like that when he first came out or Fresh prince
 09-28-2007, 12:09 PM         #108
Lt. Dan  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chrome said:
I see a Jay-z fan is emotional. What's wrong n*gga? You mad? It don't matter Jay-z wasn't a baby so there's no excuse n*gga was a grown man and he always claimed he was a hard hustler n*gga quit gettin mad cause I exposed his a.ss yeeee diggg
It's not about being emotional, it's about teaching history to KIDS like you who didn't live through that period. East coast "hustlers" or emcees didn't wear doo rags or hoodies back then, and the popular brands at the time produced clothes that represented their style: bright, flashy colors. Times have definitely changed (several times over) since then, and what you may consider to be a "tough" or "gangsta" wardrobe today was not in style back in 1990. Relax, kiddo. Jay wasn't the only one rapping or dressing like that...
 09-28-2007, 12:11 PM         #109
Lt. Dan  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chrome said:
^Funny I didn't see LL Cool J act like that when he first came out or Fresh prince
LL was a different rapper altogether...at the time he was considered one of the best out, and because he came out with "I'm Bad" in 1986 he had a tougher image to maintain...

And I don't even need to argue the Fresh Prince comment, anyone who's ever bought an album or watched an episode of the show knows that the Prince ALWAYS looked like Jay in the Originators video.
 09-28-2007, 12:15 PM         #110
Chrome  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lt. Dan said:
LL was a different rapper altogether...at the time he was considered one of the best out, and because he came out with "I'm Bad" in 1986 he had a tougher image to maintain...

And I don't even need to argue the Fresh Prince comment, anyone who's ever bought an album or watched an episode of the show knows that the Prince ALWAYS looked like Jay in the Originators video.
But who was more on beat? Jay-z or Fresh prince? Exactly.
 09-28-2007, 12:24 PM         #111
Lt. Dan  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chrome said:
But who was more on beat? Jay-z or Fresh prince? Exactly.
How was Jay off beat on that track? He was rapping double-time, which is what he did back when his career first began, and was a very popular style of rap during that era (Das EFX, Fu-Schnickens, etc.). Jay has shown the remarkable ability to change his style and adapt with the times for over 15 YEARS, which is what makes him one of, if not THE BEST that ever did it.
 09-28-2007, 12:30 PM         #112
Chrome  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lt. Dan said:
How was Jay off beat on that track? He was rapping double-time, which is what he did back when his career first began, and was a very popular style of rap during that era (Das EFX, Fu-Schnickens, etc.). Jay has shown the remarkable ability to change his style and adapt with the times for over 15 YEARS, which is what makes him one of, if not THE BEST that ever did it.
He was off beat as far as rhythm and dancing(obviously). That's funny part. That's why I posted this thread man FOR A LAUGH. This thread isn't for old school peeps who knew about this video such as you already(maybe). It's for Jay-z fans who talk so much sh*t about him being the GOAT but never even knew about this video. That's why so many Jay-z fans caught feelings in this thread because it was a big surprise for them. That's like someone posting a video of Tupac looking shy and geeky with high waters and glasses it would be a big surprise for me too. I'm just making a point. The whole thing was just for a laugh so calm yo a.ss down.
 09-28-2007, 12:40 PM         #113
Lt. Dan  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chrome said:
He was off beat as far as rhythm and dancing(obviously). That's funny part. That's why I posted this thread man FOR A LAUGH. This thread isn't for old school peeps who knew about this video such as you already(maybe). It's for Jay-z fans who talk so much sh*t about him being the GOAT but never even knew about this video. That's why so many Jay-z fans caught feelings in this thread because it was a big surprise for them. That's like someone posting a video of Tupac looking shy and geeky with high waters and glasses it would be a big surprise for me too. I'm just making a point. The whole thing was just for a laugh so calm yo a.ss down.
Cool I understand u homie, but I am an old school head (30) and remember this video and era very, very well. And when you explain it that way, I guess there are younger dudes who never saw vids from that time and it would seem pretty funny to them, especially if their perception of Jay (or any other older rapper) was different. But remember that nobody is born a gangsta and even the hardest cats in the world were kids and teenagers and have pictures or videos that would be embarassing to them. But the amazing thing to me is how Jay was able to go from this (and Hawaiian Sophie and Original Flava) to the legendary emcee he is today. That's all I'm saying.

Props to you for taking the time to research hip-hop history, I wish more people would take the time to realize that rap existed before Lil' Wayne.
 10 years ago '06        #114
I hug the strip 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,099 | Props total: 434 434
jay-z looks like he was the one doing crack not selling it
 10 years ago '05        #115
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,410 | Props total: 394 394
was that, that n*gga Jaz O?
 09-28-2007, 01:46 PM         #116
Tempus # 1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that was back in the day when n*ggas wasnt scared to not look gangsta
 09-28-2007, 03:04 PM         #117
Nerd_Rich  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chrome said:
Quit spammin my thread you f*g bag

^^^^....Go eat a d*ck you lame cumquad.......
 09-28-2007, 10:04 PM         #118
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Classefied said:

Stupid n*gga

ahhhhhhhh U MAD???
 Andre3000 said:
Yall Jay fans dont get the bigger picture tho. This is the same n*gga that supposedly built himself from the ground up, Was a hustler from Marcy projects, Was the originator :rolleyes: and looking at sh*t like this Im really wondering when this n*gga sold crack in the projects? How did this n*gga get to where he is now? This is the same n*gga that disses the hands that fed him in teh past. Doesn't give credit to Jaz-O, Big Daddy Kane, and to the many others that helped his career. And thsi n*gga talking about some "Yall should pay me for the rhymes yall used from me"
 09-29-2007, 08:42 PM         #119
Chrome  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nerd_Rich said:
^^^^....Go eat a d*ck you lame cumquad.......
So look who has d*ck on their mind.
 09-29-2007, 08:51 PM         #120
Chrome  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lt. Dan said:
Cool I understand u homie, but I am an old school head (30) and remember this video and era very, very well. And when you explain it that way, I guess there are younger dudes who never saw vids from that time and it would seem pretty funny to them, especially if their perception of Jay (or any other older rapper) was different. But remember that nobody is born a gangsta and even the hardest cats in the world were kids and teenagers and have pictures or videos that would be embarassing to them. But the amazing thing to me is how Jay was able to go from this (and Hawaiian Sophie and Original Flava) to the legendary emcee he is today. That's all I'm saying.

Props to you for taking the time to research hip-hop history, I wish more people would take the time to realize that rap existed before Lil' Wayne.
That's good at least SOMEONE gets the point. Props back.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
75 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
175 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
123 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
58 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy