The Reason Why Jay-z Is The G.o.a.t (haters Are Welcome)

most viewed right now
 206
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
131 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 127
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 108
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 79
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 09-24-2007, 06:30 PM         #101
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wow, another Jay d*ckriding thread. One of 45673 reasons why Boxden has the IQ of a slaughtered cow.


Rakim is better than Jay and it isn't paticulary close. Rakim dropped four classics, all in a row. Jay doesn't even have four. Rakim lyrics and imagery is so far beyond Jay's it's not even worth comparing. Jay has an ill flow, but Rakim's still is better. So is Monch's, Pun's and Krayzie Bone btw. Jay is probably top 10, not goat.


To dude who said Rakim fell off... smh. He dropped in 85. Lets see where Jay is in 2014.
 10 years ago '06        #102
*MOB*STAR* 44 heat pts44
space
avatar space
space
$4,460 | Props total: 9 9
yeah n*ggaz saying he the great now but watch in a few years lets see where the king will be at
 09-24-2007, 06:41 PM         #103
Domic462 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Twista740 said:
its not only your opinon its a hard cold coolslight fact!!.... your 100% right...jay is the goat n the best eva to touch a mic, step into da lab, flow ova a crowd of fans, spit n murda yo favorite rapper, he is the bet rapper eva.

jay-z>> 2pac & biggie & big L etc................
What people has Jay-z lifted and movtivated, lets see if we will still remember boring a.ss jay-z in ten years. You hear people all the time say wayne>>Jay yet them same people havn't dare to compare him to pac or biggie so watch your tongue


Last edited by Domic462; 09-24-2007 at 06:46 PM..
 09-24-2007, 06:42 PM         #104
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
While I'm here let me define a lyricist for you fools. A lyricist is anyone who writes a fu*king song.

A good/great lyricist is some one can write good songs (hooks, stories, concepts, etc) but also can use metaphors, complex similies and clever word play to add detail to a story, or deliever a punchline, etc, etc.
 09-24-2007, 06:44 PM         #105
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*ggas love to hate, this thread is 5 pages

yall n*ggas calling other n*ggas d*ckriders but I find it funny that Jay is my favorite MC yet, you haters have more posts in this thread then me

And yall dumb if yall think it ONLY takes lyricism to be the G.O.A.T. newsflash 2pac wasn't that lyrical (R.I.P. to one of the G.O.A.T.)

If yall dont like him cool, but stop making multiple posts about the dude then
 10 years ago '07        #106
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,322 | Props total: 1109 1109
I swear people d*ckride Jay-Z all the way to the bank...he's a good rapper but this n*gga is not a GOAT get the fu*k outta here wit that
 09-24-2007, 06:47 PM         #107
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Domic462 said:
What people has Jay-z life and movtivated, lets see if we will still remember boring a.ss jay-z in ten years. You hear people all the time say wayne>>Jay yet them same people havn't dare to compare him to pac or biggie so watch your tongue



jay> pac and big
 09-24-2007, 06:48 PM         #108
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Y'all gotta let Pac and BIG go some time, THEY ARE NOT ALIVE

they were forever great but like I said the Boxden is yall probably would have hated on them too if they were still alive

Everybody is a fu*king critic
 09-24-2007, 06:49 PM         #109
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 REAL_NESS said:
n*ggas love to hate, this thread is 5 pages

yall n*ggas calling other n*ggas d*ckriders but I find it funny that Jay is my favorite MC yet, you haters have more posts in this thread then me

And yall dumb if yall think it ONLY takes lyricism to be the G.O.A.T. newsflash 2pac wasn't that lyrical (R.I.P. to one of the G.O.A.T.)

If yall dont like him cool, but stop making multiple posts about the dude then
It doesn't only take lyrics, but that is like 60% 65% of it.
 09-24-2007, 06:50 PM         #110
Domic462 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 REAL_NESS said:
n*ggas love to hate, this thread is 5 pages

yall n*ggas calling other n*ggas d*ckriders but I find it funny that Jay is my favorite MC yet, you haters have more posts in this thread then me

And yall dumb if yall think it ONLY takes lyricism to be the G.O.A.T. newsflash 2pac wasn't that lyrical (R.I.P. to one of the G.O.A.T.)

If yall dont like him cool, but stop making multiple posts about the dude then
How was he not lyrical their is more to being lyrical then rhyming 15 times in one bar. He was a poet in poetry you take a distant form of expressing your lyrical ablity then in rap. For example pac's word play was up their even better then jays, on nas's level but back did in within a bar or two when nas needed 4.
 09-24-2007, 06:52 PM         #111
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 REAL_NESS said:
n*ggas love to hate, this thread is 5 pages

yall n*ggas calling other n*ggas d*ckriders but I find it funny that Jay is my favorite MC yet, you haters have more posts in this thread then me

And yall dumb if yall think it ONLY takes lyricism to be the G.O.A.T. newsflash 2pac wasn't that lyrical (R.I.P. to one of the G.O.A.T.)

If yall dont like him cool, but stop making multiple posts about the dude then
at u if some1 made a Nas thread like this ud call them a d*ckrider. :thumbsdow
 09-24-2007, 06:52 PM         #112
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KrayLay said:
It doesn't only take lyrics, but that is like 60% 65% of it.
Flow, breath control, creativity, charisma etc. are ALL part of it too

I agree with you though but for me lyricism is 50-60%

Its like if your in class listening to a speaker, he can be saying the most powerful, thought-provoking words about if he's boring or monotone, nobody wants to listen IMO
 09-24-2007, 06:53 PM         #113
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Domic462 said:
How was he not lyrical their is more to being lyrical then rhyming 15 times in one bar. He was a poet in poetry you take a distant form of expressing your lyrical ablity then in rap. For example pac's word play was up their even better then jays, on nas's level but back did in within a bar or two when nas needed 4.


News flash fu*k head, every rapper is poet. They write verses aka poems, with rhymes meds, similies etc.

lmao at pac wordplay on par with jay.
 09-24-2007, 06:53 PM         #114
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Andre3000 said:
at u if some1 made a Nas thread like this ud call them a d*ckrider. :thumbsdow
You dont know me fam, stop bringing Nas up in every Jay thread you sound butt hurt

I'm a Nas fan too stupid, I'm one of the few Jay fans that admits NAS ETHERED THE sh*t outta Jay

fall back theres no rule that says you cant be a Nas and Jay fan


Last edited by REAL_NESS; 09-24-2007 at 06:58 PM..
 09-24-2007, 06:54 PM         #115
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 REAL_NESS said:
Flow, breath control, creativity, charisma etc. are ALL part of it too

I agree with you though but for me lyricism is 50-60%

Its like if your in class listening to a speaker, he can be saying the most powerful, thought-provoking words about if he's boring or monotone, nobody wants to listen IMO
charisma/swag don't got sh*t to do with talent.

other than that i agree.


Last edited by KrayLay; 09-24-2007 at 06:55 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #116
JugernoT 
space
avatar space
space
$1,808 | Props total: 1156 1156
 KrayLay said:
News flash fu*k head, every rapper is poet. They write verses aka poems, with rhymes meds, similies etc.

lmao at pac wordplay on par with jay.
jay's wordplay is mos def better than Pacs, but i still think pac was a better lyricist. He was just overall a better song writer imo (I'm not sayin that jay isn't a pretty damn good song writer himself).
 09-24-2007, 07:10 PM         #117
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 REAL_NESS said:
You dont know me fam, stop bringing Nas up in every Jay thread you sound butt hurt

I'm a Nas fan too stupid, I'm one of the few Jay fans that admits NAS ETHERED THE sh*t outta Jay

fall back theres no rule that says you cant be a Nas and Jay fan
Thats still hypocritical as fu*k.
 09-24-2007, 07:39 PM         #118
Victor $weet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JugernoT said:
jay's wordplay is mos def better than Pacs, but i still think pac was a better lyricist. He was just overall a better song writer imo (I'm not sayin that jay isn't a pretty damn good song writer himself).
I agree with you on that, Jay-Z's wordplay is about the only thing he did better than 2Pac. Pac got 'em on almost every other category though.

Lyrical Ability - Jay-Z, wordplay, storytelling, complexity...

Lyrics - 2Pac because he presented more abilities to affect many different audiences on just one song.

Presence - 2Pac, he had a personality that can never ever be matched, and you could just tell it was effortless.

Flow - Jay-Z, I think 2Pac had a more appealing voice, but Jay-Z's flow is just better.

Content - 2Pac, how can you ever say differently? I mean damn, the man recorded hundreds, literally hundreds of songs in a timespan of less than a year. Sure, Jay-Z has been recording for over 10 years now. But think about this, 2Pac made enough records in ONE year to last 10 years and counting.

Artistic Empathy - 2Pac, he had a strong ability to project his words to the point where what he was saying identified with the audiences feelings and emotions. I don't think Jay-Z has that ability. He is able to express his own emotions, but he's very predictable and limited in this category, in my opinion.

Songwriting - 2Pac obviously because he displayed more range to talk about several different subject matter areas. A lot of people consider this some sort of a weakness, which makes no fu*king sense.
 09-24-2007, 07:44 PM         #119
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Victor $weet said:
I agree with you on that, Jay-Z's wordplay is about the only thing he did better than 2Pac. Pac got 'em on almost every other category though.

Lyrical Ability - Jay-Z, wordplay, storytelling, complexity...

Lyrics - 2Pac because he presented more abilities to affect many different audiences on just one song.

Presence - 2Pac, he had a personality that can never ever be matched, and you could just tell it was effortless.

Flow - Jay-Z, I think 2Pac had a more appealing voice, but Jay-Z's flow is just better.

Content - 2Pac, how can you ever say differently? I mean damn, the man recorded hundreds, literally hundreds of songs in a timespan of less than a year. Sure, Jay-Z has been recording for over 10 years now. But think about this, 2Pac made enough records in ONE year to last 10 years and counting.

Artistic Empathy - 2Pac, he had a strong ability to project his words to the point where what he was saying identified with the audiences feelings and emotions. I don't think Jay-Z has that ability. He is able to express his own emotions, but he's very predictable and limited in this category, in my opinion.

Songwriting - 2Pac obviously because he displayed more range to talk about several different subject matter areas. A lot of people consider this some sort of a weakness, which makes no fu*king sense.
Personality has nothing to do with talent.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
 09-24-2007, 07:54 PM         #120
Victor $weet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KrayLay said:
Personality has nothing to do with talent.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Muhfu*kas always wanna pick apart what a n*gga says....your fu*king nuts if you don't think personality plays a role in being a great rapper. The ability to magnify your character in an attractive way that demands, maintains and intensifies audience attention matters in a discussion of who is or who isn't the "GOAT".


Last edited by Victor $weet; 09-24-2007 at 07:55 PM..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 68
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
31 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 49
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
282 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 44
Is Harlem World a Classic?
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 34
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
72 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 29
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
52 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 24
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 21
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
44 comments
23 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
 16
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
206 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy