The Reason Why Jay-z Is The G.o.a.t (haters Are Welcome)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
25 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
43 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
86 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-24-2007, 01:15 PM         #81
CenterField 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i agree
 10 years ago '05        #82
truflipsoulja 
space
space
$396 | Props total: 0 0
jay-z is one of the elite....but yall should stop d*ckriding and open some damn books or something
 10 years ago '06        #83
Nugen2384 
space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 0 0
I don't think that Jay is the G.O.A.T but Blueprint Two was far from garbage. Remember it was only unused tracks from Blueprint but it was still a solid album, for anyones standards. Jays a great MC but I grew up in a generation before Jay-z and I find it insanley difficult to say that he's "The Greatest Of All Time".
 10 years ago '04        #84
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
 parle58 said:
LIKE HE SAID...

"THERES NEVER BEEN A n*gga THIS GOOD FOR THIS LONG/THIS HOOD OR THIS POP/ THIS HOT OR THIS STRONG/WITH SO MANY DIFFERENT FLOWS"...

AND THATS DA TRUTH. NOBODY, I MEAN NOBODY HAS EVER DID WHAT HE DID. NOT A SOUL. NOT NAS, NOT BIG, NOT PAC OR ANYBODY ELSE FOR THAT MATTER. HES BEEN IN DA RAP GAME FOR 11 YEARS AND STILL HAS AN UNBELIEVABLE BUZZ. GRANTED, SOME MAY BE MORE LYRICAL, BUT LIKE I SAID, NOBODY HAS EVER BEEN THIS STRONG FOR THIS LONG. NOBODY. IMO.

AT 37 YEARS OLD, HE CAN DROP AN ALBUM WHENEVER HE WANTS AND STILL GO PLATINUM. HOW IS HE NOT G.O.A.T???????
I've said it before. I'll say it again.

No matter how much he tries to say he's biggin up his brother, he's jacking Big's rhymes.

I like Jay, but I'm a realist. If Big, Pac, and Big L didn't die, I doubt that Jay would be this big. That's all I'm saying. Consider the possibilities.

Jay came from an era where, you HAD to be amazing in order for people to feel you. If every one of your peers (some of whom were better than you) die, and you're the only one left, then I guess you're the greatest rapper alive. By default.

So in closing, Jay is nice. But you're riding his d*ck. Seriously.
 10 years ago '07        #85
parle58  OP
space
space
$1,509 | Props total: 0 0
 Floeji said:
I've said it before. I'll say it again.

No matter how much he tries to say he's biggin up his brother, he's jacking Big's rhymes.

I like Jay, but I'm a realist. If Big, Pac, and Big L didn't die, I doubt that Jay would be this big. That's all I'm saying. Consider the possibilities.

Jay came from an era where, you HAD to be amazing in order for people to feel you. If every one of your peers (some of whom were better than you) die, and you're the only one left, then I guess you're the greatest rapper alive. By default.

So in closing, Jay is nice. But you're riding his d*ck. Seriously.
YET ANOTHER d*ckHEAD THAT WANTS TO CALL ME A d*ckRIDER FOR MY OPINION. IM FAR FROM A d*ckRIDER MY MAN. THATS JUST HOW I FEEL.

ALL UR SAYIN IS WHAT IF THEY DIDNT DIE JAY WOULD'NT BE AS BIG. AND U MAY BE RIGHT. BUT THEY DID DIE. SO BY DEFAULT JAY-Z IS DA G.O.A.T:D
 10 years ago '04        #86
JugernoT 
space
space
$1,811 | Props total: 1158 1158
 Curtisimo said:
well Pac isnt making his LYRICS complex when he writes songs therefore he isnt a lyricist

there are also lyricist who cant make a song for sh*t like canibus

again emotions has nothing to do with lyrics or lyricism

*waits to get attacked by canibus stans*
.... You have no idea what you're talking about. Go look up what a lyricist is. It's a person that writes words to a song.. period. A great lyricist is someone who makes great songs. You can do that by taking a more simplistic approach like scarface and Pac, or more complex like lupe and nas.

imo Canibus isn't a very good lyricist. there's a difference from being a great song writer and being able to write sick punchlines and use tight wordplay.

Last edited by JugernoT; 09-24-2007 at 02:48 PM..
 09-24-2007, 03:11 PM         #87
heyuppp 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i hear you on this
hey up!
 09-24-2007, 03:49 PM         #88
krisis2k5 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Artists have different nitches I think that what appeals for Jay-Z is the fact taht he able to touch on various aspects of life...PPL say he doesnt knowledge but he drops knowledge all the time about his world and the world he seen and came from...Pac did the same thing having a influence being brought up as a child whos mom was a Black Panther, Biggie just has the crazy ability to spit lines of rhymes and tell stories that were so vivid that you could almost see...Jay-Z embodies both of those abilities. Jay has a catalouge that rrivals anyone you can name you can put his catalouge right up there with anyone thats the Pacs the Bigs and all although Big only had two albums he has the greatest back to back album showing than anyone...and we can argue if Pac was alive, if Big was alive, but i read earlier someone made a basketball reference but what if Len Bias didnt did the night he was drafted? would there ever be a Michael Jordan as we know it? We really can't say all we know is whats here and whats been here and my definition of greatness is one word--CONSISTENCY--and there hasn't been a better rapper as consistent as Jay since Pac and Big, so to me he is the GOAT...off that fact alone...I mean anyone can have a good year but to do it back to back to back to back to back is hard to do! For instance, New England Patriots were able to do it for awhile and though rap and football are different you take the principles of the comparisons...Jay-Z the GOAT but to say every album he has dropped was classic is not true, but mediocore i can't say~
 09-24-2007, 03:50 PM         #89
Victor $weet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This thread has truly taught me something.....

People that say Jay-Z is the G.O.A.T. can never think of a logical, compelling explanation to justify their argument. We have the people like threadstarter, who thinks that Jay-Z has been strong for 11 years. Okay, well if that's the case, where does Nas rank on your agenda??? Hasn't his last like 9 albums gone platinum?? Or how about 50 Cent, whose first two albums have sold more than ANY two Jay-Z albums combined together. sh*t Jay-Z's highest selling album is Hard Knock Life (5mil), no other album he's released has sold within a mil of that. Strong for this long? More like, no one has been this steady for this long.....And sh*t, if were basing who's the greatest on sales alone anyway, Tupac is going to win that battle everytime. (73 Million Copies Sold. ) But a better question is...was Jay-Z even on the "platinum radar" when Biggie & Tupac was alive??

Then we got the people who think he can murder any rapper....Umm, no offense but...ARE YOU fu*kING SERIOUS? Are we talking about the same Jay-Z? The same Jay-Z that never could respond to Tupac? The same Jay-Z that got "ethered" and virtually gave up the crown to Nas? I know you don't seriously think Super Ugly was a good diss, or do you? sh*t, I mean the only battle you can say he won was against Jim Jones...and even that was sketchy, and Jim Jones SUCKS.

Then we got n*ggas sayin Jay-Z smashes Biggie and Tupac lyrically? All I can say to that is, explain yourself. Not one person in this thread who has said Jay-Z is the best lyrically has actually explained why. It's so easy to say "JAY-Z IS GREAT LYRICALLY" and just walk away.....

Then someone said Jay-Z's influence was higher than anyone elses? Where? In what category? What has Jay-Z ever said to influence anyone??? Who has ever tried to carry on the same image Jay-Z has?? Better yet, who has ever got on the mic and said something even similar to the lyrics/flow of Jay-Z??? What has he brought to the game that wasn't already there before he came?? If anything Jay-Z has been influenced by other rappers more than he actually influences other rappers.

But, honestly, the only reason you guys think he's the GOAT is cuz theres no one else left. Pac & Big are dead, so theyre "buzz" is pretty much gone, which is 60% of music nowadays. Rakim is 67 years old and Nas, who keep in mind, hasn't made a true commercialized single in years, but still goes platinum. So basically, Jay-Z wins by default because 95% of rap coming out right now is terrible. So just accept him for what he is and always will be, the 5th best rapper ever...and don't get mad, #5 isn't as bad as you probably think it is.

Last edited by Victor $weet; 09-24-2007 at 03:58 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #90
Nugen2384 
space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 0 0
 Victor $weet said:

People that say Jay-Z is the G.O.A.T. can never think of a logical, compelling explanation to justify their argument. We have the people like threadstarter, who thinks that Jay-Z has been strong for 11 years. Okay, well if that's the case, where does Nas rank on your agenda??? Hasn't his last like 9 albums gone platinum?? Or how about 50 Cent, whose first two albums have sold more than ANY two Jay-Z albums combined together. sh*t Jay-Z's highest selling album is Hard Knock Life (5mil), no other album he's released has sold within a mil of that. Strong for this long? More like, no one has been this steady for this long.....And sh*t, if were basing who's the greatest on sales alone anyway, Tupac is going to win that battle everytime. (73 Million Copies Sold. ) But a better question is...was Jay-Z even on the "platinum radar" when Biggie & Tupac was alive??

Then we got the people who think he can murder any rapper....Umm, no offense but...ARE YOU fu*kING SERIOUS? Are we talking about the same Jay-Z? The same Jay-Z that never could respond to Tupac? The same Jay-Z that got "ethered" and virtually gave up the crown to Nas? I know you don't seriously think Super Ugly was a good diss, or do you? sh*t, I mean the only battle you can say he won was against Jim Jones...and even that was sketchy, and Jim Jones SUCKS.

Then we got n*ggas sayin Jay-Z smashes Biggie and Tupac lyrically? All I can say to that is, explain yourself. Not one person in this thread who has said Jay-Z is the best lyrically has actually explained why. It's so easy to say "JAY-Z IS GREAT LYRICALLY" and just walk away.....

Then someone said Jay-Z's influence was higher than anyone elses? Where? In what category? What has Jay-Z ever said to influence anyone??? Who has ever tried to carry on the same image Jay-Z has?? Better yet, who has ever got on the mic and said something even similar to the lyrics/flow of Jay-Z??? What has he brought to the game that wasn't already there before he came?? If anything Jay-Z has been influenced by other rappers more than he actually influences other rappers.

But, honestly, the only reason you guys think he's the GOAT is cuz theres no one else left. Pac & Big are dead, so there "buzz" is pretty much gone, which is 60% of music nowadays. Rakim is 67 years old and Nas, who keep in mind, hasn't made a true commercialized single in years, but still goes platinum. So basically, Jay-Z wins by default because 95% of rap coming out right now is terrible. So just accept him for what he is and always will be, the 5th best rapper ever...and don't get mad, #5 isn't as bad as you probably think it is.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Victor $weet again.
 09-24-2007, 04:00 PM         #91
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nelly/50 can drop albums till they drop dead and will prolly go platinum as much as Jay. This is why the sales thing doesn't matter IMO.
 10 years ago '04        #92
JugernoT 
space
space
 Curtisimo said:
thats lyrcism

you can be lyrical without even making a song (ie; freestyles)

there's a difference between a good song writer an da good lyracist
I'm going by the definition of a lyricist. It's a song writer, simple and plain no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Canibus's old freestyles were sick and entertaining, and while he is a lyricist (anyone who actually writes words for a song is one), he's never really been that good of one. His lyrics for his freestyles were good, but people like jay incorporate wordplay into actual songs and make it great.

What your going by is a misinformed definition of a lyricist. once again, wordplay is not, and has never been needed for one to be considered a lyricist. you can take a simple or complex approach. As long as you write great songs your a great lyricist.

Last edited by JugernoT; 09-24-2007 at 04:18 PM..
 09-24-2007, 04:20 PM         #93
Victor $weet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Curtisimo said:
maybe your using the dictonary definition

but im using hiphop's definition of a lyricist

just cuz somebody writes lyrics and make a song doesnt make a rapper a lyricist(in the hiphop defenition) cuz in essence all rappers will be lyricist
Just wondering, what's your hip-hop definition of a lyricist? A lot of people talk about hip-hop lyricism but seriously have no idea what they are talking about.....
 10 years ago '04        #94
JugernoT 
space
space
 Curtisimo said:
maybe your using the dictonary definition

but im using hiphop's definition of a lyricist

just cuz somebody writes lyrics and make a song doesnt make a rapper a lyricist(in the hiphop defenition) cuz in essence all rappers will be lyricist
All rappers are lyricists (at least the ones who write their own music). Some are terrible and others are great. Let's just agree to disagree.. I listen to other genre's (rock, R&B, Soul/Motown) and I don't go by the narrow "rap definition" of a lyricist.

Last edited by JugernoT; 09-24-2007 at 04:24 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #95
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
 Victor $weet said:

But, honestly, the only reason you guys think he's the GOAT is cuz theres no one else left. Pac & Big are dead, so theyre "buzz" is pretty much gone, which is 60% of music nowadays. Rakim is 67 years old and Nas, who keep in mind, hasn't made a true commercialized single in years, but still goes platinum. So basically, Jay-Z wins by default because 95% of rap coming out right now is terrible. So just accept him for what he is and always will be, the 5th best rapper ever...and don't get mad, #5 isn't as bad as you probably think it is.
Thank you.

People need to see that Jay is good. But for the rappers of his time, he wasn't that great. Yeah, he was the flagship/mascot for Roc-A-Fella, but he was sharing the city with Big, Wu-Tang, Mobb Deep, Boot Camp Clik, and DMX. (No matter what the fu*k n*ggaz think now, DMX in his heyday was the sh*t and Ruff Ryders wouldn't have been sh*t without him.) As much as I don't like Nas, that n*gga was making much noise in NY.

So after all of his competition dies or drops out, Jay is crowned GOAT by default? Nah. Can't do it. Honestly, I began to see the truth after the first Blueprint. That sh*t was classic. Everything after that just didn't cut it for me. I must be the only n*gga in the world unconvinced that Kingdom Come was hot.

And now that Jay is on rapping about Maybach's and St. Tropez, I'm tuning out. I just don't relate to that sh*t. It's not relevant to me. Back when he rapped about fitteds, throwbacks, Rolex watches, and Lexus GS300's, I felt that it was something I could relate to. It was something attainable.

I could be 20 pushing a Lex and being fly. It's kinda different when you're 20 and you need a Phantom or a Maybach to be impressive.
 09-24-2007, 06:16 PM         #96
Moneymike23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Victor $weet said:

I guess you never heard of a tracked called Blueprint 2 where Jay lyrically murderED Nas a.ss. U a FOOL if u say other wise. How can any of you respect Nas? Jay talked about skeetn in his shorties baby seat and NAS SIGNED with him! "My momma can't save you this time, n*ggas is history"
 09-24-2007, 06:16 PM         #97
The Impaler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dude is not the fu*kin' G.O.A.T.! Damn ya'll are just silly. Listen to records before 2000. He ain't even the best of his generation. Smarten up
 09-24-2007, 06:17 PM         #98
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Moneymike23 said:
I guess you never heard of a tracked called Blueprint 2 where Jay lyrically murderED Nas a.ss. U a FOOL if u say other wise. How can any of you respect Nas? Jay talked about skeetn in his shorties baby seat and NAS SIGNED with him! "My momma can't save you this time, n*ggas is history"
Thats not a line that I would bring up in this thread kind of emberassing if u ask me.
 09-24-2007, 06:19 PM         #99
DrUnK-N-MuNkY 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
when jay is compared to other legends he gets sh*tted on hard
 10 years ago '06        #100
*MOB*STAR* 44 heat pts44
space
space
$4,460 | Props total: 9 9
damn n*ggaz is ryding hard for a man who bites other n*ggaz but i guess hey thats what groupies like
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
55 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago