The Reason Why Jay-z Is The G.o.a.t (haters Are Welcome)

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
28 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
67 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #61
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,921 | Props total: 7614 7614
Reasonable Doubt = 9/10
Life Time Vol 1 = 7/10
Life Time Vol 2 = 8/10
Life Time Vol 3 = 5/10
Dynasty = 5/10
Blue Print 1 = 8/10
Blue Print 2 = 6/10
Black Album = 7/10
Kingdom Come = 7/10

How do yall rate Jay Z's Cds?
 10 years ago '07        #62
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,268 | Props total: 15128 15128
 chi100z said:
Cubes first cd was hot. and that was it. as far as Face goes he had a few hot joints on each album. nothin to go crazy for

and yes i said it, cause i dont feel i need to throw Jay-Z's top albums against people you just named
JAY-Z LOOKS UP TO FACE

and yes

The Diary > any of Jay's "top" cd's

The Diary is one of the most influential rap cd's ever.
 09-24-2007, 12:28 PM         #63
Bone Diddles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ready To Die OR Me Against The World > Jay-Z's greatest hits

Close thread.
 10 years ago '07        #64
chi100z 1 heat pts
space
space
$997 | Props total: 424 424
 KeepinItTrill said:
JAY-Z LOOKS UP TO FACE

and yes

The Diary > any of Jay's "top" cd's

The Diary is one of the most influential rap cd's ever.
whats your point in sayin that?

Eminem looks up to Jay-Z

whats your point again?

and like i said thats your opinion, leave it at that.

Reasonable Doubt >> every hip hop album ever released

truth.
 10 years ago '07        #65
space
space
 chi100z said:
whats your point in sayin that?

Eminem looks up to Jay-Z

whats your point again?

and like i said thats your opinion, leave it at that.

Reasonable Doubt >> every hip hop album ever released

truth.

Im sayin how can you rate a rapper below your favorite rapper that your favorite rapper looks up to.

Reasonable Doubt = greatest hip hop cd ever in your eyes?

Wow, I feel sorry for you if you think that.
 09-24-2007, 12:34 PM         #66
CEOof212 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How the fu*k is Jay-z the goat. When you can look at his most famous verses, and they are filled with other peoples lines. If thats the case. Then game is the goat.
 10 years ago '07        #67
chi100z 1 heat pts
space
space
 KeepinItTrill said:
Im sayin how can you rate a rapper below your favorite rapper that your favorite rapper looks up to.

Reasonable Doubt = greatest hip hop cd ever in your eyes?

Wow, I feel sorry for you if you think that.
you can respect somebody by lookin up to them, and still be better then them. Michael Jordan looked up to many ballers that were ahead of him, like Dr J. but he was better then he was. so your not makin any sence.

and yes. all bullsh*t aside, to me personally Reasonable Doubt is the greatest cd ever.
 10 years ago '04        #68
Lawgic 
space
space
$3,389 | Props total: 73 73
 parle58 said:
I FEEL U. BUT CHANCES ARE, IF I CALL SOMEONE A HATER, THEY'RE A HATER.
aight well i guess we'll leave it at that..at least you aren't getting outlandish like chi100z
 10 years ago '07        #69
space
space
 chi100z said:
you can respect somebody by lookin up to them, and still be better then them. Michael Jordan looked up to many ballers that were ahead of him, like Dr J. but he was better then he was. so your not makin any sence.

and yes. all bullsh*t aside, to me personally Reasonable Doubt is the greatest cd ever.
good point with the MJ analogy. Not gonna argue against that

but cmon homie, RD as THE GOAT cd?
 10 years ago '04        #70
JugernoT 
space
space
$1,812 | Props total: 1164 1164
 Curtisimo said:
well to me a lyrcisit is a someone who uses figurtive language

Pac was preety much straight foward with his rhymes(most of the time)

he rarely used multi's, wordplay, double meanings, witty lines

yes he had those here and there

Song writing has more to do with how you structure a song and how you get your point across(emotion, chorus,coming up with a concept etc)

lyrcist is more on conveying what you trying to say (your lyrics) in a complex way
A song writer is a lyricist. Great lyricist throughout every genre of music are the ones who get the point across (emotions, chorus, coming up with a concept). The greatest being the ones who can really tap into people's emotions and make you "feel" the music. You can do it in a simple way, or you can do it in a more complex way.
 10 years ago '07        #71
chi100z 1 heat pts
space
space
 KeepinItTrill said:
good point with the MJ analogy. Not gonna argue against that

but cmon homie, RD as THE GOAT cd?
imo yes. i bought that cd 4 times. 2 original, 2 when the repack came out, so 1 each i wont have to open. i actually have them in a glass case with a picture of me and Jay when i met him in 99.

that'll show you how much i love that cd. that cd has had a real big impact on my standing with hip hop.
 10 years ago '04        #72
Lawgic 
space
space
$3,389 | Props total: 73 73
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to KeepinItTrill again.
 09-24-2007, 12:42 PM         #73
Victor $weet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If you think Jay-Z is seein' 2Pac on any level, you just don't know what your talking about.

Let Jay-Z record a full album in a week and let it be a classic, then we can put him in the 2Pac discussion.

I mean damn, has Jay-Z ever even made a full classic album as thought provoking and compelling as "7 Day Theory"??? And that's not even Pac's best album......I ain't gonna call you crazy yet, but I'll tell you what, smoke a blunt and go listen to "Me Against The World" and "7 Day Theory," and then tell me that Hov is still fu*kin wit' Pac....then I'll say your crazy.

Oh yeah and did I mention that Pac dissed Jay and he never responded? And don't give me the "he died b4 he could diss back" routine. That n*gga had 4 months to diss Pac, if you can't write a diss song in 4 months then you ain't fu*kin with 2Pac, cuz Pac prolly wrote "Hit 'Em Up" in 30 minutes.

Last edited by Victor $weet; 09-24-2007 at 12:46 PM..
 10 years ago '07        #74
space
space
 chi100z said:
imo yes. i bought that cd 4 times. 2 original, 2 when the repack came out, so 1 each i wont have to open. i actually have them in a glass case with a picture of me and Jay when i met him in 99.

that'll show you how much i love that cd. that cd has had a real big impact on my standing with hip hop.
that's cool, dont agree with it but I can give it a pass. I cant respect ppl sayin Jay is the GOAT though, sorry just cant do it

and Victor this is for you:

Last edited by KeepinItTrill; 09-24-2007 at 12:46 PM..
 09-24-2007, 12:48 PM         #75
DirtyHarry 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
JAYZ aint the goat, he may look liek a goat/beetle. but thats about it.
 09-24-2007, 12:49 PM         #76
Moneymike23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Curtisimo said:
lol@ jayz never fell off

what the hell is Vol. 1(average), Vol.3, Blueprint 2 and Kingdome Come

n*gga drops a wack album every other year

and im talking about quality of music not record sales

your statement is an opinion and lets leave it at that

"Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?" Jay-Z is the GOAT. How can you say Blueprint 2 is wack it is one of his most lyrical albums. He even murderED ya boi NAS on the title track. Like Jay said until someone makes a better album than Reasonable Doubt (classic) or Blueprint(BEST RAP ALBUM EVER) he will always be the GOAT.
 10 years ago '07        #77
chi100z 1 heat pts
space
space
im a Pac fan, i do think hes overrated though, but Canibus >> Pac i dont agree with.

Canibus is that dude though. man can spit heavy fire.
 10 years ago '07        #78
chi100z 1 heat pts
space
space
 Moneymike23 said:
"Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?" Jay-Z is the GOAT. How can you say Blueprint 2 is wack it is one of his most lyrical albums. He even murderED ya boi NAS on the title track. Like Jay said until someone makes a better album than Reasonable Doubt (classic) or Blueprint(BEST RAP ALBUM EVER) he will always be the GOAT.
dont even argue it fam. i can respect KeepinItTrill and Lawgic's opinions. but i cant respect a dude who tries to defend Cam's lyrics (Curtis).

your best advice is to head for cover cause next he'll try to defend Horse & Carriage
 09-24-2007, 12:53 PM         #79
Bone Diddles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Moneymike23 said:
you can always spot a jay-z nuthugger whenever they start giving you reasons why "Blueprint 2" was tight

BLUEPRINT 2 WAS STRAIGHT GARBAGE

(except for Meet The Parents, Somehow Someway & Watcher 2)

and BP greatest rap album ever???? whos rocks r u smokin?? Jay know damn well he would never say any of the sh*t he be sayin if big & pac was alive, period.
 09-24-2007, 01:05 PM         #80
Moneymike23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bone Diddles said:
you can always spot a jay-z nuthugger whenever they start giving you reasons why "Blueprint 2" was tight

BLUEPRINT 2 WAS STRAIGHT GARBAGE

(except for Meet The Parents, Somehow Someway & Watcher 2)

and BP greatest rap album ever???? whos rocks r u smokin?? Jay know damn well he would never say any of the sh*t he be sayin if big & pac was alive, period.

I aint huggn sh*t, I dont care wit nobody say Blueprint 2 is a good album. Jay hit every aspect you need to make a great album with Blueprint. And You talkn bout he wouldn't spit the same if Pac and Big were alive, but guess what dumbass they aint so shut up and quit hatin.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
49 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy