The Reason Why Jay-z Is The G.o.a.t (haters Are Welcome)

most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatumís stats for the month of December so far
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
196 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
38 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #41
Lawgic 
space
space
$3,388 | Props total: 71 71
 parle58 said:
COOL. BUT U DO KNOW THAT SOME PPL ARE TRULY HATERS THOUGH. SO DA HATERS KNOW WHO THEY ARE
yes i agree, there could be a jay thread, and someone will come in and say "sh*tty toilet paper >>> jay-z"

yeah they are hating, but what i see on boxden is if you give a different opinion, even if you word it in the most non-aggressive way, someone STILL wants to call you a hater.

"you're a hater" has become the equivalent today as the comeback "you're momma" was back in the day

Can't come up with a witty/rational response so they say "your momma" well that's what "you're a hater" seems to have become.
 10 years ago '07        #42
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 parle58 said:
LIKE HE SAID...

"THERES NEVER BEEN A n*gga THIS GOOD FOR THIS LONG/THIS HOOD OR THIS POP/ THIS HOT OR THIS STRONG/WITH SO MANY DIFFERENT FLOWS"...

AND THATS DA TRUTH. NOBODY, I MEAN NOBODY HAS EVER DID WHAT HE DID. NOT A SOUL. NOT NAS, NOT BIG, NOT PAC OR ANYBODY ELSE FOR THAT MATTER. HES BEEN IN DA RAP GAME FOR 11 YEARS AND STILL HAS AN UNBELIEVABLE BUZZ. GRANTED, SOME MAY BE MORE LYRICAL, BUT LIKE I SAID, NOBODY HAS EVER BEEN THIS STRONG FOR THIS LONG. NOBODY. IMO.

AT 37 YEARS OLD, HE CAN DROP AN ALBUM WHENEVER HE WANTS AND STILL GO PLATINUM. HOW IS HE NOT G.O.A.T???????
i feel ya but eventually big or pac wouldve done it if they aint get k!lled...
 10 years ago '04        #43
Lawgic 
space
space
 chi100z said:
another stupid fu*k with no knowledge

all lines Jay-Z has spit from other rappers in total equals to an estimated 14 minutes

he has over 13 hours of music. kill urself child

Jay-Z >> Big n Pac
how ironic..a child telling someone "kill urself child"

i agree jay-z has enough of his own bars that bringing up his biggie lines isn't relevant..but how bout you respond back to what he said about Pac, instead of reverting back to you're generic boxden teenager responses.
 10 years ago '07        #44
chi100z 1 heat pts
space
space
$997 | Props total: 424 424
 Lawgic said:
how ironic..a child telling someone "kill urself child"

i agree jay-z has enough of his own bars that bringing up his biggie lines isn't relevant..but how bout you respond back to what he said about Pac, instead of reverting back to you're generic boxden teenager responses.
sure no problem

"Song Cry", "Meet the Parents", "Cant Knock The Hustle", "You Must Love Me", "Regrets", "Heart of the City", "Never Change", "Blueprint 2", "Where Have You Been"

jesus do u really want me to keep going?
 10 years ago '04        #45
GreatWhites 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,200 | Props total: 66 66
^out of all of those, "Song Cry" , "Cant Knock The Hustle" & "Never Change" i've actually heard played on the radio...2Pac has 100's of songs that are heartfelt that got played on the radio & 100's of gangsta type songs as well.

u can't fu*k wit 2Pacs discography, i dont give a fu*k who u are.

2Pac lived in the studio.

dude recorded "All Eyes On Me", the double disk album in 2 weeks, written & recorded in 2 fu*kIN WEEKS.

nobody is fu*kin wit that.

oh, and Jay is under Pac just because Jay totally wrecked "Me & My Girlfriend"......2Pacs was about a gun, how the fu*k u gonna talk about an actual girl on that sh*t after what Pac did to it??
 10 years ago '07        #46
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,191 | Props total: 15010 15010
 chi100z said:
actually no. 2pac is just very overrated to me. he aint even in my top 5. i wont go into the greatest, ill say Big Pun >> 2pac lyrically
Big Pun had wordplay and a delivery over Pac. Again, he doesnt have the passion, charisma, or sincerity to compete with Pac, no rapper that has come out so far in hip hop history has had the total package like Pac had.
if he aint in your top 5 I wanna know who is. And you said Vol 1 > Pacs discography. Are you serious?

Makaveli, Me Against The World, All Eyez On Me > ANY Jay-Z cd lil n*gga.

Only thing Jay-Z has over Pac is delivery and punchlines (because punchlines werent really relevant when Pac was around, remember that.) Everything else, Pac murders him in that category. Discography, charisma, personality, sales, and substance in music all go to Pac easily.

Jay-Z didnt really get put on in the industry until his predecessors died. He wouldnt even be a big name if Pac and Big were alive durin Jay-Z's "dominance" on the charts and thats just real talk. Their deaths are the only reason hes been in the game so long and looked at as a legend, and again thats real talk. I've let it be known I hate Jay-Z with a passion, hes in my top 5 but at # 5. Pac, Nas, Scarface, Ice Cube > Jay-Z. They all have politically aware songs. They all have songs with a purpose is what Im gettin at.

And alot of you are stating Jay is the GOAT because of his dominance and longevity. If thats the case, then what about LL? Hes been around for over 20 years and has been around far longer than any other rapper and goes platinum on all his cd's.
 10 years ago '04        #47
Lawgic 
space
space
 KeepinItTrill said:
Big Pun had wordplay and a delivery over Pac. Again, he doesnt have the passion, charisma, or sincerity to compete with Pac, no rapper that has come out so far in hip hop history has had the total package like Pac had.
if he aint in your top 5 I wanna know who is. And you said Vol 1 > Pacs discography. Are you serious?

Only thing Jay-Z has over Pac is delivery and punchlines (because punchlines werent really relevant when Pac was around, remember that.) Everything else, Pac murders him in that category. Discography, charisma, personality, sales, and substance in music all go to Pac easily.

Jay-Z didnt really get put on in the industry until his predecessors died. He wouldnt even be a big name if Pac and Big were alive durin Jay-Z's "dominance" on the charts and thats just real talk. Their deaths are the only reason hes been in the game so long and looked at as a legend, and again thats real talk. I've let it be known I hate Jay-Z with a passion, hes in my top 5 but at # 5. Pac, Nas, Scarface, Ice Cube > Jay-Z. They all have politically aware songs. They all have songs with a purpose is what Im gettin at.

And alot of you are stating Jay is the GOAT because of his dominance and longevity. If thats the case, then what about LL? Hes been around for over 20 years and has been around far longer than any other rapper and goes platinum on all his cd's.
 10 years ago '07        #48
chi100z 1 heat pts
space
space
 KeepinItTrill said:

Scarface and Ice Cube > Jay? ill just laugh at that and pray ur joking

2Pac was never as lyrical as Jay-Z, to me the only hot albums 2Pac put out were Makaveli and All Eyez On Me. all his other sh*t was boring

albums like Reasonable Doubt, Illmatic, Paid In Full, Capital Punishment, Ready to Die, Blueprint, among a few others lyrically take a sh*t on 2Pacs discog

and LL is the joke of hip hop now so get off that. he does not go plat anymore, ull see when his new album drops

Canibus vs LL days, he was hot then

Last edited by chi100z; 09-24-2007 at 12:09 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #49
JugernoT 
space
space
$1,808 | Props total: 1156 1156
Wow if jay is your favorite and you think he's the greatest rapper ever, thats "your opinion". I swear, these little kids get ridiculous some times.

Personally I think Nas, andre 3000, scarface and common have better discographies than jay. All of them are still ill too and album sales don't have anything to do with quality. if you think jay's the best.. that's good for you. but your opinion isn't "fact".
 10 years ago '07        #50
space
space
 chi100z said:
Scarface and Ice Cube > Jay?

2Pac was never as lyrical as Jay-Z, to me the only hot albums 2Pac put out were Makaveli and All Eyez On Me. all his other sh*t was boring

albums like Reasonable Doubt, Illmatic, Paid In Full, Capital Punishment, Ready to Die, Blueprint, among a few others lyrically take a sh*t on 2Pacs discog
yup you saw right, Face and Cube > Jay

The Diary and The Fix > Jay-Z's discography

and I guess you forgot about Cube huh

Amerikkkaz Most Wanted, The Predator, death Certificate, k!ll At Will EP
and dont forget Da Lench Mob cd's, Westside Connection cd's and the NWA cd's. Like Cube said, you better Bow Down, hes top 5 EASILY.

You really need to see what lyrical is. Its the ability to write rhymes and thats it. Pac doesnt have the punchlines and metaphors that Jay-Z has, but he has the lyrics. Go listen to the song Me Against The World. Pac's messages behind his deeper songs > Jay-Z's "deep songs" Jay-Z doesnt have it in him as a rapper to make a song like Dear Mama.

Last edited by KeepinItTrill; 09-24-2007 at 12:15 PM..
 10 years ago '07        #51
parle58  OP
space
space
$1,509 | Props total: 0 0
 Lawgic said:
yes i agree, there could be a jay thread, and someone will come in and say "sh*tty toilet paper >>> jay-z"

yeah they are hating, but what i see on boxden is if you give a different opinion, even if you word it in the most non-aggressive way, someone STILL wants to call you a hater.

"you're a hater" has become the equivalent today as the comeback "you're momma" was back in the day

Can't come up with a witty/rational response so they say "your momma" well that's what "you're a hater" seems to have become.
I FEEL U. BUT CHANCES ARE, IF I CALL SOMEONE A HATER, THEY'RE A HATER.
 09-24-2007, 12:14 PM         #52
Champ i$ Here 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the thing people dont realize is hes the richest rapper and one of the most lyrical rappers period. nas, big L, biggie, pac, pun can all be considered more lyrical, but nas is the only one from that group still alive, and i can understand nas >> jay lyrically, but jay has achieved more sh*t, makes more money, sells more records.

"im supposed to be number one on everybody list, we'll see what happens when i no long exist...fu*k this"

look how fu*ked up the game been ever since
 10 years ago '04        #53
GreatWhites 3 heat pts
space
space
space
^i'm not gonna say 2Pac was the best lyrical rapper ever, cuz that would be bullsh*t.

the best lyrical ever is Canibus witout a doubt.

but when ur talkin substance, flow, ability to make hits, discography & every category that goes into a rapper, 2Pac is the best fundamental rapper of all time because of his ability to connect with an audience. He had single working mothers playin his sh*t, he had the biggest thugs in all hoods playin his sh*t, he had crackheads playin his sh*t, he had rich white folks playin his sh*t, he even had ppls grandmothers playin his sh*t.

EVERYONE listened to 2Pac, even ppl that hate rap.

Jay has hustlers, crackheads, black & white girls playin his sh*t.

no rich white business dude has heard Jay-Z's records.

2Pac>>>>Jay-Z

2Pac had a much wider fan-base.....i know kids that dress punk & skateboard that listen to 2Pac....its just that his music reaches so many ppl on so many different levels & he talked about situations that real everyday ppl could relate to.

he isnt gettin on record like "i gotta million dollars, got model chicks who hollar"

cuz his average listener doesnt have a million dollars.

2Pac related to his fans more than anyone.
 10 years ago '07        #54
chi100z 1 heat pts
space
space
 KeepinItTrill said:
yup you saw right, Face and Cube > Jay

The Diary and The Fix > Jay-Z's discography

and I guess you forgot about Cube huh

Amerikkkaz Most Wanted, The Predator, death Certificate, k!ll At Will EP
and dont forget Da Lench Mob cd's, Westside Connection cd's and the NWA cd's. Like Cube said, you better Bow Down, hes top 5 EASILY.

You really need to see what lyrical is. Its the ability to write rhymes and thats it. Pac doesnt have the punchlines and metaphors that Jay-Z has, but he has the lyrics. Go listen to the song Me Against The World. Pac's messages behind his deeper songs > Jay-Z's "deep songs" Jay-Z doesnt have it in him as a rapper to make a song like Dear Mama.
thats your opinion. leave it at that. im not gonna argue with someone whos just stated an opinion such as the one you just did.

Jay-Z MTV Unplugged >>> Cube and Face
Jay-Z Streets Is Watching Soundtrack >> Cube and Face
 10 years ago '07        #55
chi100z 1 heat pts
space
space
 GreatWhites said:
^i'm not gonna say 2Pac was the best lyrical rapper ever, cuz that would be bullsh*t.

the best lyrical ever is Canibus witout a doubt.

but when ur talkin substance, flow, ability to make hits, discography & every category that goes into a rapper, 2Pac is the best fundamental rapper of all time because of his ability to connect with an audience. He had single working mothers playin his sh*t, he had the biggest thugs in all hoods playin his sh*t, he had crackheads playin his sh*t, he had rich white folks playin his sh*t, he even had ppls grandmothers playin his sh*t.

EVERYONE listened to 2Pac, even ppl that hate rap.

Jay has hustlers, crackheads, black & white girls playin his sh*t.

no rich white business dude has heard Jay-Z's records.

2Pac>>>>Jay-Z

2Pac had a much wider fan-base.....i know kids that dress punk & skateboard that listen to 2Pac....its just that his music reaches so many ppl on so many different levels & he talked about situations that real everyday ppl could relate to.

he isnt gettin on record like "i gotta million dollars, got model chicks who hollar"

cuz his average listener doesnt have a million dollars.

2Pac related to his fans more than anyone.
actually your wrong. the GM of the hotel that i manage in NY loves H to the Izzo and hes white in his 50s. try again though

Jay-Z has fans world wide
 10 years ago '04        #56
GreatWhites 3 heat pts
space
space
space
^for instance, my mom listened to 2Pac when i'd play it, but wouldnt let me play any other rapper in her car.

&

my friends dad, a white - vietnam veteran listened to 2Pac, but no other rappers.
 10 years ago '07        #57
space
space
 chi100z said:
thats your opinion. leave it at that. im not gonna argue with someone whos just stated an opinion such as the one you just did.

Jay-Z MTV Unplugged >>> Cube and Face
Jay-Z Streets Is Watching Soundtrack >> Cube and Face
my opinion holds alot of weight to it. Go listen to the cd's I mentioned, they're incredible. And I cant believe you just said a live performance version of the Blueprint is better than Cube and Face's whole discography
 10 years ago '07        #58
chi100z 1 heat pts
space
space
 KeepinItTrill said:
my opinion holds alot of weight to it. Go listen to the cd's I mentioned, they're incredible. And I cant believe you just said a live performance version of the Blueprint is better than Cube and Face's whole discography
Cubes first cd was hot. and that was it. as far as Face goes he had a few hot joints on each album. nothin to go crazy for

and yes i said it, cause i dont feel i need to throw Jay-Z's top albums against people you just named
 10 years ago '04        #59
JugernoT 
space
space
$1,808 | Props total: 1156 1156
i don't know if people really understand what a lyricist is..... It's simply a song writer.. and i think Pac was the best song writer in rap. Wordplay isn't a necessity to be considered a lyricist.
 10 years ago '07        #60
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,898 | Props total: 1142 1142
Pac will always be goat
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
27 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
276 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
131 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
56 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
154 comments
19 hours ago