The Reason Why Jay-z Is The G.o.a.t (haters Are Welcome)

most viewed right now
 214
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 101
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 95
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 68
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
242 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 09-24-2007, 11:24 AM         #21
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Haters are gonna hate, this is Boxden

In my opinion Jay is the G.O.A.T. especially when Pac is not alive
 10 years ago '07        #22
parle58  OP
space
avatar space
space
$1,509 | Props total: 0 0
 Lawgic said:
i agree he's been strong in the game for awhile, i'm a fan of his..my opinion i think Nas has been just as strong if not stronger in terms of quality of music(obviously not record sales, though Nas's success is still notworthy)...i personally like alot more Nas albums than Jay-Z albums.
When jay dissed nas about 1 hot album every 10 year average, there's people that felt the same about Jay, that his first album was his best and then he kinda just in a sense went through the motions with the albums after..the thing is Jay being in the limelight so much and going multiplatinum people didn't pay as much attention to that as a Nas who's been pretty much low key his whole career.

But i wouldn't say it's a fact that Nas is the GOAT..i personally dont think there is any ONE person better than the rest because there's way too many styles and favs for people.

The bottom line is everyone has their FAVORITE. But you can't say it's a FACT 'cause it can be debated on a million and one different angles.

Absolutely NO ONE will every impact rap the way Pac did or be able to make people really FEEL what he's saying, i'd say he's the best in THAT aspect but i still wouldnt call him the GOAT. In terms of just destroying tracks Canibus from 97-2000BC was sicker than anyone..same with Big Pun these guys would embarrass you with no remorse on your own track, but that doesn't mean they the GOAT. Sorry this is longwinded lol but bottom line there are too many ways to look at what means ur the best hence the reason why it cant be looked at as fact and only one of many opinions.
OK. THATS UR OPINION. AND I RESPECT THAT. BUT WHEN I GIVE "MY" OPINION, IM AN IDIOT/MORON. WHY IS THAT?? DA WAY I SEE IT, SOME PPL ARE GONNA AGREE WIT THIS THREAD AND SOME WILL DISAGREE. AND THATS COOL. THATS WHAT ITS ABOUT. BUT TO BE CALLIN PPL d*ckRIDERS AND IDIOTS BECAUSE OF THIER OPINION MAKES NO SENSE.
 10 years ago '07        #23
chi100z 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$997 | Props total: 424 424
 Lawgic said:
actually no not on boxden, 'casue you already know boxden is messed up (an ur kinda proving it) And sales does not equal quality of music, MOST people say(and i agree) Reasonable Doubt is Jay-Z's best album so why isn't it his highest selling album if sales=quality. So what you're saying is as long as you go platinum that means you didn't fall off? Listen to the LYRICS, concepts, flow, metaphors, similes throughout his career. THEN come to a conclusion, dont sit there drooling over soundscan numbers.

And the fact you say you're a "grown a.ss man" who started listening since Run DMC days, says alot about yourself. 'Cause you sound EXACTLY like a typical Boxden teenager: "get mad hater", "so fall the fu*k back with that fall off bullsh*t"
You might wanna re-evaluate your life.

And i find it funny that whenever someone on boxden tells a "hater" to "get mad" They're always the ones cussing and getting all emotional in their response lol.

I"m sorry but if you really are a "grown a.ss man" it's only in terms of years, not in terms of mental maturity.
ur skippin way passed the point my dude. stay on subject. are you a hip hop head? you been listening a long time? lets get down to it then..

lyrically whos better then Jay-Z?

why is it from when i started listening to hip hop, till now, nobody stays consistent like he does?

fu*k sales then, talk about quality. he drops an album ever year, your fav mc drops 2 albums every 5 yrs. hm..then some might say "u can drop 100 albums per week and be garbage". and my rebuttle is once again your fav mc has Jay-Z as the greatest.

and dont make me get into airplay, you cant say its the same when a garbage southern rapper like soulja boy drops a club single. fu*ka single, the entire radio show belongs to him when he drops a freestyle!

Biggie drops a freestyle? meh throw that sh*t on the next mixtape droppin (and i aint hatin i luv big but if u grew up around that time u know what im talkin about)

Jay-Z drops one? :wow: call the fu*kn president
 10 years ago '04        #24
Lawgic 
space
avatar space
space
$3,389 | Props total: 73 73
 chi100z said:

oh and Vol 1 >>> 2pacs discography

See with comments like that it's official, you're either lying about how old you are (most likely) or you're having a midlife crisis....either way...seek help.
 10 years ago '07        #25
chi100z 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$997 | Props total: 424 424
 Curtisimo said:
so my opinion is automaticly void because Curtis is my real name???

ok thank you i will exit this thread of stupidity

"i dumb down my audience to double my dollars"

it all makes sence now Hov he is sure the Billy
get ur bi*ch a.ss outta here that aint ur name

i seen u in the Cam thread defendin Cam

Cam = the most garbage mc in the history of hip hop

Tony Yayo >> Cam all day
 10 years ago '07        #26
chi100z 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$997 | Props total: 424 424
 Lawgic said:
See with comments like that it's official, you're either lying about how old you are (most likely) or you're having a midlife crisis....either way...seek help.
actually no. 2pac is just very overrated to me. he aint even in my top 5. i wont go into the greatest, ill say Big Pun >> 2pac lyrically
 10 years ago '06        #27
Nugen2384 
space
avatar space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 0 0
 REAL_NESS said:
Haters are gonna hate, this is Boxden

In my opinion Jay is the G.O.A.T. especially when Pac is not alive
You might wanna reword what you just said, fam. The Greatest Rapper Alive and The Greatest Of All Times is two different things. Jay is not the greatest rapper ever.
 09-24-2007, 11:30 AM         #28
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Curtisimo said:
exactly everybody is entitled to thier opinion if yall thnk jay's the goat go head but when another person doesnt agree that he is they are idiots

but leave these clowns alone

"I dumb down my audience to double my dollars"
so with that one line your discrediting all the work Jay put in

so howd you feel when Nas dropped Ochie Wally, You Owe Me, and Braveheart Party :rolleyes:

And dont get it twisted I'm a big Nas fan also
 09-24-2007, 11:30 AM         #29
eric04h 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lawgic said:
actually no not on boxden, 'casue you already know boxden is messed up (an ur kinda proving it) And sales does not equal quality of music, MOST people say(and i agree) Reasonable Doubt is Jay-Z's best album so why isn't it his highest selling album if sales=quality. So what you're saying is as long as you go platinum that means you didn't fall off? Listen to the LYRICS, concepts, flow, metaphors, similes throughout his career. THEN come to a conclusion, dont sit there drooling over soundscan numbers.

And the fact you say you're a "grown a.ss man" who started listening since Run DMC days, says alot about yourself. 'Cause you sound EXACTLY like a typical Boxden teenager: "get mad hater", "so fall the fu*k back with that fall off bullsh*t"
You might wanna re-evaluate your life.

And i find it funny that whenever someone on boxden tells a "hater" to "get mad" They're always the ones cussing and getting all emotional in their response lol.

I"m sorry but if you really are a "grown a.ss man" it's only in terms of years, not in terms of mental maturity.
Actually, sales is a big part of it as well. to be the best you have to dominate all the catagories...

Flow-sick
Sales-plat all the time
Influence: high
Quality music: Great (blueprint the best album)


and he's a business man with all kind of deals: budwiser, def jam, etc
He just does the damn thing. All I ask is to name another artist who has done with jay has done. There could be a lot of artist who sell (nelly, 50 cent) but they're not as respected for their lyrical ability. or they could have all the street cred (50, T.I.) but haven't been out long enough or put up consistant albums. Then you got the whole south, who I don't mind listening to when I'm in the club, but god no where else. Blue magic might suck, but he'll come out with another sone on that album that will be fire...he has proven that many times. so if you can name some other rapper, who is still relevent by the the way...name him!!
 09-24-2007, 11:32 AM         #30
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nugen2384 said:
You might wanna reword what you just said, fam. The Greatest Rapper Alive and The Greatest Of All Times is two different things. Jay is not the greatest rapper ever.
Thats YOUR opinion, Jay and Pac are my favorite MCs, but there are times you gotta let go, Pac is not alive and Jay is and Jay is still doing it huge

IMO in all the categories Jay is consistent and well above average which makes him the G.O.A.T. to me

Who knows if Pac was still alive yall n*ggas would probably be hating on him too
 10 years ago '07        #31
chi100z 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$997 | Props total: 424 424
 Curtisimo said:
i liek Cam nas mos def th elox, 50, jay, 2live crew, tribe called quest, luda, common, Pitbull, Cross movement, Twista, etc etc

I am sorry i like a large variety of rap

sorry if i like ALL kinds of hiphop and you discredit me because of that


but its okay

"i dumb down my auidence to double my dollars"

holla

ok i can do that sh*t 2 n*gga.

"oochie wallie wallie oochie bang bang"

"computers putin, boogity bootin"

hollaaaaaaaa
 10 years ago '07        #32
chi100z 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$997 | Props total: 424 424
 eric04h said:
Actually, sales is a big part of it as well. to be the best you have to dominate all the catagories...

Flow-sick
Sales-plat all the time
Influence: high
Quality music: Great (blueprint the best album)


and he's a business man with all kind of deals: budwiser, def jam, etc
He just does the damn thing. All I ask is to name another artist who has done with jay has done. There could be a lot of artist who sell (nelly, 50 cent) but they're not as respected for their lyrical ability. or they could have all the street cred (50, T.I.) but haven't been out long enough or put up consistant albums. Then you got the whole south, who I don't mind listening to when I'm in the club, but god no where else. Blue magic might suck, but he'll come out with another sone on that album that will be fire...he has proven that many times. so if you can name some other rapper, who is still relevent by the the way...name him!!
:applause:
 09-24-2007, 11:34 AM         #33
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Curtisimo said:
Oochie wally was hot in the clubs

You owe me was hot too

braveheart party was wack though

sorry just cuz say something that discredits jay(even if i wasnt discrediting him) doesnt mean im a backpacker nerd that dont like music to just enjoy a good time

i was just saying he aint the goat(imo)

and i say that line to discredit Jay that line is hot so many levels
Big Pimpin was hot in the club

H to the Izzo was hot in the club

and Jay still dropped different street records as singles in his past
 10 years ago '04        #34
Lawgic 
space
avatar space
space
$3,389 | Props total: 73 73
 parle58 said:
OK. THATS UR OPINION. AND I RESPECT THAT. BUT WHEN I GIVE "MY" OPINION, IM AN IDIOT/MORON. WHY IS THAT?? DA WAY I SEE IT, SOME PPL ARE GONNA AGREE WIT THIS THREAD AND SOME WILL DISAGREE. AND THATS COOL. THATS WHAT ITS ABOUT. BUT TO BE CALLIN PPL d*ckRIDERS AND IDIOTS BECAUSE OF THIER OPINION MAKES NO SENSE.
See i wasn't callin you an idiot for giving an opinion..this is what i said exactly
"ur an idiot/moron/loser (take your pick) if your only response is calling someone a hater"

I agree with your last sentence that to be calling people d*ckriders and idiots off of their opinion doesn't make sense, i was only saying to call someone a hater on the sole fact that they have a different opinion of your favorite artist is dumb..unless they are spewing nothing but random hate and obviously not giving a constructive criticism

But my bad, i agree with you, just not all the "you're a hater" garbage.
 10 years ago '07        #35
chi100z 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$997 | Props total: 424 424
"that sh*t is hot I get computers puting

do you get computers puting???"


all ur opinions have now become void. when u say lines like that are hot, you truly arent a hip hop fan
 10 years ago '07        #36
parle58  OP
space
avatar space
space
$1,509 | Props total: 0 0
 Lawgic said:
See i wasn't callin you an idiot for giving an opinion..this is what i said exactly
"ur an idiot/moron/loser (take your pick) if your only response is calling someone a hater"

I agree with your last sentence that to be calling people d*ckriders and idiots off of their opinion doesn't make sense, i was only saying to call someone a hater on the sole fact that they have a different opinion of your favorite artist is dumb..unless they are spewing nothing but random hate and obviously not giving a constructive criticism

But my bad, i agree with you, just not all the "you're a hater" garbage.
COOL. BUT U DO KNOW THAT SOME PPL ARE TRULY HATERS THOUGH. SO DA HATERS KNOW WHO THEY ARE


Last edited by parle58; 09-24-2007 at 11:42 AM..
 10 years ago '07        #37
chi100z 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$997 | Props total: 424 424
 Curtisimo said:
you dont know what computers puting means

your a nerd

nerds cant be jay fans
and now ur defendin it lmfao!!!!!

wow!

of course i understand it, it doesnt make it a nice line though

now i must laugh *watches Jim Jones get knocked out and Cam run like a bi*ch*

i feel better
 10 years ago '04        #38
Lawgic 
space
avatar space
space
$3,389 | Props total: 73 73
 eric04h said:
Actually, sales is a big part of it as well. to be the best you have to dominate all the catagories...

Flow-sick
Sales-plat all the time
Influence: high
Quality music: Great (blueprint the best album)


and he's a business man with all kind of deals: budwiser, def jam, etc
He just does the damn thing. All I ask is to name another artist who has done with jay has done. There could be a lot of artist who sell (nelly, 50 cent) but they're not as respected for their lyrical ability. or they could have all the street cred (50, T.I.) but haven't been out long enough or put up consistant albums. Then you got the whole south, who I don't mind listening to when I'm in the club, but god no where else. Blue magic might suck, but he'll come out with another sone on that album that will be fire...he has proven that many times. so if you can name some other rapper, who is still relevent by the the way...name him!!
i agree, sales is a big part of it, but your original response to me was only listing off all his aspects in terms of sales..so i said sales does not equal quality.

And who decides what are the categories to dominate? someone might think if you're not in movies and doing business deals outside of the music then you can't be considered the best...So someone like Rakim is now irrelevant in terms of his contribution to rap?

One guy might think you have to have battle raps to be the best so they choose Canibus..next person might only care about commercial songs so they choose a Nelly or Puff Daddy, another person wants knowledge so they pic Kweli, Mos Def, or Common...i mean YOU may feel those are what are needed to be the best, but there's no general consensus to agree on the categories.

See and if you had responded in a rational way like you did here, instead of ranting and raving and calling me a "hater" the first time then we could have a real debate/discussion on the topic.

I wouldnt put DMX as being the best, but who's done what he has done? number 1 albums, and doing movies, dropping street/agressive singles that were commercially accepted?

Doesn't Pac fit all those categories you listed anyway? You may not think he has the best flow, but Pac had a nice flow and often switched it up...You just aren't realizing you are giving your opinion not fact, so don't knock someone for thinking differently.
 10 years ago '04        #39
GreatWhites 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,200 | Props total: 66 66
Greatest Alive, sure...Greatest of all time, hell no...

how u gonna say that Jay's better than Big, when 90% of Jay's lyrics, are quotes from Big??

and Pac>>>Jay

Jay's biggest songs are always street anthem type songs and a few club songs...but 2Pac's biggest songs were heart-felt, emotional songs...nobody besides Pac can make songs like "Dear Mama", "Brendas Gotta Baby", "God Bless The Dead" and make them into smash radio hits & at the same time, turn around & do songs like "Hailmary", "2 of Americaz Most Wanted", & "fu*k The World", nobody.

Jay is def top 3 GOAT

& Def Greatest Alive.

so i'm not tryin to discredit Jay in anyway, but 2Pac & Big>>>>Jay-Z.
 10 years ago '07        #40
chi100z 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$997 | Props total: 424 424
 GreatWhites said:
Greatest Alive, sure...Greatest of all time, hell no...

how u gonna say that Jay's better than Big, when 90% of Jay's lyrics, are quotes from Big??

and Pac>>>Jay

Jay's biggest songs are always street anthem type songs and a few club songs...but 2Pac's biggest songs were heart-felt, emotional songs...nobody besides Pac can make songs like "Dear Mama", "Brendas Gotta Baby", "God Bless The Dead" and make them into smash radio hits & at the same time, turn around & do songs like "Hailmary", "2 of Americaz Most Wanted", & "fu*k The World", nobody.

Jay is def top 3 GOAT

& Def Greatest Alive.

so i'm not tryin to discredit Jay in anyway, but 2Pac & Big>>>>Jay-Z.
another stupid fu*k with no knowledge

all lines Jay-Z has spit from other rappers in total equals to an estimated 14 minutes

he has over 13 hours of music. k!ll urself child

Jay-Z >> Big n Pac
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 45
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 42
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 31
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 22
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 17
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 13
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
147 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 10
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
112 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 9
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
15 comments
1 day ago
@gear
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy